AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 40 34.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 24.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 25.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 11.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.87%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-21, 14:10   Link #41
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Well, that's really a problem with the series as a whole: it's all about Shana and Yuji getting close and then a setback destroying all that hard work.

Maybe she'll confess after the fight, since the cause of the confession wasn't imminent death like the previous one. >_> (actually...did anyone else find that confession kinda funny? I couldn't help thinking the reason she shouted into the microphone was so Yuji would definitely be able to hear her this time.)
If he did not hear there woulod be other witnesses to tell him about it.
Old 2007-12-21, 14:37   Link #42
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Preview for something that will air two weeks from now...

Spoiler for ep13 preview summary:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-21, 14:45   Link #43
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Preview for something that will air two weeks from now...

Spoiler for ep13 preview summary:
Uh-oh...

Spoiler for match settings:

We're in for an awakening in two weeks...
Old 2007-12-21, 15:32   Link #44
changeup

Sumisora usually subs Shana in about 6 hours, and in great quality...

Of course

Spoiler for :

Quote:
Originally Posted by limyuhui View Post
the fastest sub group is ? and y shana does not look like naruto and bleach they sub it to fast like around 5hr to 6hr ?
Old 2007-12-21, 15:44   Link #45
changeup

I generally feel this episode is ok. Nice presentation of the original novel story. However, the scenes of Pheles rushing across the earth are horrible. The graphs they have drawns are at preliminary school level... I doubt whether they are really short in fund right now so that they have to cut the corners....
Old 2007-12-21, 15:44   Link #46
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

I think the fight would be Shana and Yuji vs Pheles vs Margery in a 2 vs 1 vs 1. I doubt Pheles would allow Margery anywhere near the Reiji Maigo out of fear of a random translocation should Yuji be killed.
Old 2007-12-21, 16:54   Link #47
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
This is pretty much "meh" for me
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-12-21, 19:24   Link #48
masama
use the fōrks ~

after so many rather mediocre episodes, we finally get something hopefully good, ep13 that is. And now they are taking weeks off!?

But I'm sure xmas and new year will cheer me up
Old 2007-12-21, 19:31   Link #49
alvinkhorfire

The scene I love the most is when Yuji and Shana are alone during their training, reflecting their thought together. I want more of this scene in the subsequent episodes.

How did Wilhemina persuade Marjorie to go to the festival? By promising her that she will tell her at the festival? Is the lack of patience causing Margery to burn the backyard of Satou's house?

Certainly, it is "nice" timing. Just when everything is heated up because of the arrival of Pheles, we are going to have 2 weeks of no Shana. Sigh, have to wait....

Can Shana just confess to Yuji privately? Announcing the confession in public may seem a bit embarassing. Like, do you need the whole world to know the confession? As along as Yuji does hear it, it should be enough.

Another scene of Kazumi knowing that she is losing out to Shana. At the parade, after Yuji vowes to enjoy the moment, he turn his head back to look at Shana only.
Old 2007-12-21, 21:27   Link #50
changeup

It seems most of the series will go into hiatus for the next two weeks except for those that only have finales left.. Maybe a signal sent to all those Otaku's: get out of your room and meet real people at this time of the year~~!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by masama View Post
after so many rather mediocre episodes, we finally get something hopefully good, ep13 that is. And now they are taking weeks off!?

But I'm sure xmas and new year will cheer me up
Old 2007-12-22, 00:49   Link #51
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Well, that's really a problem with the series as a whole: it's all about Shana and Yuji getting close and then a setback destroying all that hard work.

Maybe she'll confess after the fight, since the cause of the confession wasn't imminent death like the previous one. >_> (actually...did anyone else find that confession kinda funny? I couldn't help thinking the reason she shouted into the microphone was so Yuji would definitely be able to hear her this time.)
That near-confession was awesome; very, very Shana. Dramatic and downright aggressive; entirely within character for her to do something like that--shout it out in front of the whole crowd. But I agree, it was also funny. Only Shana could make this sort of thing sound like a challenge to a duel.

My worry, though, is if we get a near-confession in ep. 12, and this season is supposed to run 20+ eps, how in heaven's name will the writers plausibly delay the climactic confession? And if she *does* confess soon, how does Yuji not look like a dolt for delaying a decision for ten episodes or so? Do they completely flip the switch and go to a frenetic battle-driven pace, where Yuji is so busy fending off multiple threats to his life that the whole romance thing becomes secondary until the end of the series? Or do they somehow take all of Shana's determination to be honest away from her? But how would they do that?
Old 2007-12-22, 01:20   Link #52
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifina View Post
My worry, though, is if we get a near-confession in ep. 12, and this season is supposed to run 20+ eps, how in heaven's name will the writers plausibly delay the climactic confession? And if she *does* confess soon, how does Yuji not look like a dolt for delaying a decision for ten episodes or so? Do they completely flip the switch and go to a frenetic battle-driven pace, where Yuji is so busy fending off multiple threats to his life that the whole romance thing becomes secondary until the end of the series? Or do they somehow take all of Shana's determination to be honest away from her? But how would they do that?
How about they put in an anime-only final boss, get Shana and Yuuji to fight them, and during the fight, Shana confesses, but at the same time, Yuuji gets sent flying into pole. This way, Yuuji won't look like a dolt, because he would be busy howling in pain and trying to un-skewer himself. This would also be a way to repeat season 1, by having Yuuji not hear what Shana was saying, and lead to season 3 and the stuff in later novels. At the same time, Yuuji-on-a-skewer would be symbolism-He's receiving the pain he caused the girls and viewers by being a dense dolt

I'm 97/100 joking.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-22, 02:05   Link #53
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

The best episode this series so far. Why couldn't JC STAFF have done this earlier? They know they can do this. All the foreboding, the calm before the storm, and sure enough, Pheles literally arrived in a twister.

The first scene after Yuji and Shana duelled each other in training, on their way to school, Yuji tripped. Shana simply stood and smiled at him. Yuji just stared as Shana walked off for a while.

Before he sees Shana as merely a trusted companion, but as Yoshida said last episode, it seems like he's beginning to fall for Shana without even realizing it. So despite her best efforts, Yoshida probably couldn't avoid losing to Shana.

Whether it's in the novels or just JC STAFF having fun, I very like the idea of Margery x Wilhelmina yuri.

Trivia: Is it me or do I see a guy dressed in a Saito-puppy costume from ZnT in the parade?

The second eyecatch looks like it's illustrated by Ito Noiji herself, of Shana and her predecessor - Mathilda Saint-Omer. I'd be delighted if they animate novel volume 10, the second prequel that chronicles Mathilda's final battle.
Old 2007-12-22, 02:14   Link #54
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
The first scene after Yuji and Shana duelled each other in training, on their way to school, Yuji tripped. Shana simply stood and smiled at him. Yuji just stared as Shana walked off for a while.

Before he sees Shana as merely a trusted companion, but as Yoshida said last episode, it seems like he's beginning to fall for Shana without even realizing it. So despite her best efforts, Yoshida probably couldn't avoid losing to Shana.
That look Yuji and Shana shared in the parade was also a sweet moment; poor Yoshida, who also noticed it.

And Pheles looks so downright *mean*--ep. 13 looks to be epic.
Old 2007-12-22, 04:23   Link #55
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Trivia: Is it me or do I see a guy dressed in a Saito-puppy costume from ZnT in the parade?
It's not just you. I first thought that it was a coincidence, but it looks way too similar to Saito.

Old 2007-12-22, 11:50   Link #56
changeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifina View Post
If my memory serves me right, in the novel
Spoiler for although I will mention no detail, still possibly a novel spoiler, proceed with caution:

Quote:
Whether it's in the novels or just JC STAFF having fun, I very like the idea of Margery x Wilhelmina yuri.
Yeah, for a moment I almost thought both of them were going to "take the food debris from the other's face and eat it..." (a romance trope...), but thanks for them not pulling that out. It would have been downright fanservice in my mind.

This brings about this question: I know Nabatame Hitomi (CV of Margery) and Itou Shizuka (CV of Wilhelmina) often appear in the same series. However, I cannot remember any scene involving both two having some sorts of yuri relationship, not even in the wildest speculation... Is this one so far the cloeset we have got?
Old 2007-12-22, 12:44   Link #57
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
This brings about this question: I know Nabatame Hitomi (CV of Margery) and Itou Shizuka (CV of Wilhelmina) often appear in the same series. However, I cannot remember any scene involving both two having some sorts of yuri relationship, not even in the wildest speculation... Is this one so far the cloeset we have got?
Well, if you believe the claims by Nabatame that she has plenty of "relations" with all sorts of female seiyuus, you could say the "chemistry" is more than natural.

http://kurogane.animeblogger.net/

I think Kurogane of the above blog has a post mentioning about seiyuu yuri, but I can't remember where, either ask him or find out yourself.

After reading volume 10, the second prequel, I'm feeling very sorry for Wilhelmina's unrequited love not coming to fruition.

In the flashback episodes in the first season, we can see this relationship (confirmed in the novels as well):

Alastor <---> Mathilda <--- Merihim (Shiro, Shana's skeletal mentor) <--- Wilhelmina

(This is also why Alastor does not comment or object to Shana's feelings, since he's been there before)

So she might as well be better off with Margery.
Old 2007-12-22, 13:50   Link #58
changeup

I think the most rumored couples are the following:

1. Nakahara Mai X Shimizu Ai
2. Nabatame Hitomi X Itou Shizuka
3. Kawasumi Ayako X Noto Mamiko

I kinda believe the first one. After all, they kissed each other in the Strawberry Panic ED @#!@#%!$@! (so talking about the Tamao X Nagisa...)

For the 2 and 3, I think they are just close colleague appearing in a lot of series together, like Shana...

Quote:
Well, if you believe the claims by Nabatame that she has plenty of "relations" with all sorts of female seiyuus, you could say the "chemistry" is more than natural.

http://kurogane.animeblogger.net/

I think Kurogane of the above blog has a post mentioning about seiyuu yuri, but I can't remember where, either ask him or find out yourself.

After reading volume 10, the second prequel, I'm feeling very sorry for Wilhelmina's unrequited love not coming to fruition.

In the flashback episodes in the first season, we can see this relationship (confirmed in the novels as well):

Alastor <---> Mathilda <--- Merihim (Shiro, Shana's skeletal mentor) <--- Wilhelmina

(This is also why Alastor does not comment or object to Shana's feelings, since he's been there before)

So she might as well be better off with Margery.
Old 2007-12-22, 14:52   Link #59
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Holy, that's like the present time except with a gender switch ...

Shana <----> Yuji <----- Kazumi <------ Ike

Yea, I suppose Yuji hasn't chosen one yet but it's pretty clear he loves Shana....

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2007-12-24, 04:27   Link #60
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Of course the moment we are about to step into a huge battle we hit the Christmas break .

But anyways things are really going to get serious now. Just know Margery is going to fly off the handle and just rush in there. Plus you have that slight issue of Pheles being there. Blasting the stage with a twister was a subtle approach to things.

Can't quite blame Shana for wanting a microphone for this confession. Considering last time it didn't quite sink in should go for broke. Besides she wasn't nervous and could just put it as a mission she had to do.

May I be the only one worried about the line "Tanaka sees Ogata disappearing within the flames"? They've spent half a season in a reasonably relaxed state and will start torching characters on us?