AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 153 70.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 13.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 5.99%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 4.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.46%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 10 4.61%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-16, 17:59   Link #181
pirs
Yuki.N is love~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druix View Post
Another of the Note's Rules is that if you use the Shinigami eyes (and I am assuming that this means it also applies to Shinigami, since it's their eyes, anyway) you will see the name required to kill that person. Which means it wouldn't have changed between different aliases, it would have shown whatever name would be needed to kill him.
true. whatever happens, happens.
Old 2007-04-18, 11:44   Link #182
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
even tho i knew that this was going to happen seeing it actually happen brought tears to my eyes...L and watari is going to go to heaven for sure so with this light has totally destroyed his opponents...not a good day to see the bad guy win >.< i also feel for rem...but the reason as to why she didnt kill light as well was that she didnt want to make misa sad (misa who is already brain washed...creepy song O.o)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-07-15, 03:21   Link #183
taichikun14

sigh, as for me, i never read the death note manga and stayed away from any death note online (forums, other sites) and didn't even watch previews just so that the series would continue to surprise me.

but nothing prepared me for ep 25. i couldn't believe it. i was about to tear out my hair at the end of the episode... i wasn't expecting that at all. well i expected it, but i also expected a way around it. i was so depressed. my poor L ;_;

even though i already had the whole series on my computer, i couldn't watch death note for a week after this episode.
Old 2007-07-15, 10:04   Link #184
iBeast

I sort of knew what would might happen in Ep 25, but I must say, ep 24 was the best ep in Death Note.
Old 2007-12-22, 03:18   Link #185
LunaWolf
Animangame lover

Send a message via MSN to LunaWolf
Ah.. Watari and L rocks, they dont deserve to die.
Watching L die made me TT_TT
If Rem havent interfered, L would have won the case.
Light has the supernatural helping him, its so unfair.
Old 2007-12-27, 13:22   Link #186
Kiyoraka

Light does seem to have the helping hand and luck that L does not, but the fact that L had stood on par with him despite those factors for so long just proves that L is all too bad ass.

Spoiler for Comparison:
Old 2007-12-30, 17:13   Link #187
DieH@rd

I've just seen ep25. Damn that was so awesome, best DN episode so far.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-02-28, 11:07   Link #188
Kikio
It Exploded..

I think in my opinion that they should make a new series of deathnote. It would be awesome..
Old 2008-02-29, 08:29   Link #189
Akalimor 47
Clare's Lover º3º

Quote:
even though i already had the whole series on my computer, i couldn't watch death note for a week after this episode.
Well, after watch L's death and Watari's death, I think the show falls in an argumental crysis, I mean, DN should finish with L's death, the following episodes are just pointless to me
Old 2008-03-10, 16:05   Link #190
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akalimor 47 View Post
Well, after watch L's death and Watari's death, I think the show falls in an argumental crysis, I mean, DN should finish with L's death, the following episodes are just pointless to me
I agree. D:
Old 2008-04-22, 17:28   Link #191
Sammich
Crazy Quoting Machine

Ok, WEIRD question for you all but this seemed like the right place to ask...
In this episode L is eating this type of panda-cookies and I'm wondering if anyone here knows the name of the things.. ^^; The episode reminded me that those things exist and are awesome, so if anyone knows, tell me!

About the episode: to me all the foreshadowing really made the impact of THE scene a lot less. I was more shocked when
Spoiler for just in case:
Big shame really..
Old 2008-08-25, 02:23   Link #192
blewin

Just watched ep 25, I can't believe L died so... easily! it's so undignified. *bawl* Light is evil, evil.
Old 2009-02-16, 19:48   Link #193
Light_Yamagi_Kira
New Debate God.

The episode was one of the best, without question. Light's plan coming fully into motion was so intelligent. Now this episode show both L and Light's skill. L, did in fact again suspect Light and Misa, he grew suspicions of the rules, which he was right. Hence the reason he was going have it tested out, because if the criminal did not die then the rules would be false, and that could and would open up the option that Light, and Misa both could still be Kira. So L did figure it out, it's just Light was always one step ahead and knew Rem would take care of them both. Yes, Light did get lucky in some cases, but luck surely did not carry him this far. A great episode; loved Light's award winning acting skills. It's a shame that Near had to be so unintelligent and beat Light.. seems like bad decisions seem to get paid off - poker players would agree with this, bad play always gets paid off.
Old 2009-03-19, 14:38   Link #194
Aquaman OS

So am I the only who found Rem's actions in this ep totally idiotic?

By taking out L and herself (which she knew would happen) all she managed to do was take out anybody capable of stopping Light setting up Misa's eventual death by Light's hand the instant she was no longer useful. It's been said by the creators that Light would never love her and in fact was such a stuck up asshole that he wasn't capable of loving anybody ever because that would be admitting that someone was near his equal.

The smarter thing to do would have been to cut a deal with L involving the pardoning of Light and Misa in exchange for information that destroying the Death Notes would get rid of Kira's power and memories of ever being Kira. With the threat of killing L should he ever break the deal and arrest Light or Misa.

In that way Misa could get her happiness with Light who might actually grow to love her without the DN induced psychotic God complex or at the very least not be able to kill her whenever it suited him.
Old 2009-03-20, 10:28   Link #195
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Sinfully Naomi
You forget, Rem would do anythign for Misa, so Light's will woud've been done either way,
Old 2009-03-20, 15:40   Link #196
Aquaman OS

I don't believe Rem was so willing to do anything for Misa that she'd guarantee her death. That whole part was just bad writing to extend the series.
Old 2009-03-29, 19:10   Link #197
SaffyC
Booknerd

Send a message via AIM to SaffyC
Does anyone else find it weird that this is the same episode number in which

Spoiler for fma:

It's so.. depressing...

I HATE YOU, 25!!
Old 2009-04-06, 09:09   Link #198
DeathZKID
...symmetry is over-rated

Although I really hated what went down I will admit i was happy to see one of them go, if they had'nt I could have seen the series suffering dramastically for it.
Old 2009-05-29, 20:43   Link #199
afreen
Orange Kira

Send a message via AIM to afreen Send a message via MSN to afreen
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaffyC View Post
Does anyone else find it weird that this is the same episode number in which

Spoiler for fma:

It's so.. depressing...

I HATE YOU, 25!!
....and a certain character also dies in another anime in the 25th episode

Spoiler for Code Geass R2:
Old 2009-05-30, 01:31   Link #200
Gaawa-chan
Determined to know beans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
Ok, WEIRD question for you all but this seemed like the right place to ask...
In this episode L is eating this type of panda-cookies and I'm wondering if anyone here knows the name of the things.. ^^; The episode reminded me that those things exist and are awesome, so if anyone knows, tell me!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koala%27s_March

He eats the strawberry flavor, as I recall.

Not to be confused with these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hello_Panda

Magnificent episode, though I found it to be very hard to watch. I've only watched it twice- once in Japanese and once in English.
Closed Thread