AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-03, 18:05   Link #61
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

It's surprising that Oda would venture into that area with Bonney: I certainly didn't expect it. I also think that the Drake thing is probably a bit more well thought out than it seems, since apart from his combat failure, Drake did display some knowledge of the internals of the Marines, though given his history, that's not surprising.

But I think he's probably trying to lure Kaidou out...? I don't get it at all. Maybe he wants him to reveal himself unnecessarily and get attacked by the Marines. But what good would that serve? Drake can't become the next Yonkou.

I almost forgot to mention that I also find Blackbeard to be despicable now: before he was likable since he was just twisted a little, and sort of completely "all-how". But with that distasteful conduct...then again, it's a bit refreshing in a weird way at the same time to see pirates in One Piece acting like pirates, wenches and whatnot.

Anyway, I don't like BB at all right now. And I want Luffy to beat him up badly...

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2010-08-04, 04:18   Link #62
John D.

I can't help but feel some of you judge Blackbeard by too high moral standards, he is a pirate after all and he only asked Bonney to be his women, it's not like he groped her (or raped her).

That being said, I don't think it's strange of Blackbeard and his crew to bolt at Akainu's approach. Akainu has a highly lethal Devil Fruit power and Blackbeard and his boys may not have the level of Haki necessary to defend against his attacks (i.e. Whitebeard blocking Akainu's Dai Funka with his bare hand without harm to the hand).
Blackbeard is a cautious man with a plan (despite his rather...reckless appearance^), he picks his battles carefully and I expect that he didn't think the warship was worth severe injury or potential causalities for the Blackbeard Pirates.

Anyway, I do hope that Chopper advance his mastery of his Zoan-fruit now that he is trying to become stronger. The Awakaned Zoan-users we saw at Impel Down appeared rather mindless, but I think it'd be cool if Chopper tried to achieve (and control) that potent level of his Zoan...
Old 2010-08-04, 11:15   Link #63
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by John D. View Post
I can't help but feel some of you judge Blackbeard by too high moral standards, he is a pirate after all and he only asked Bonney to be his women, it's not like he groped her (or raped her).

That being said, I don't think it's strange of Blackbeard and his crew to bolt at Akainu's approach. Akainu has a highly lethal Devil Fruit power and Blackbeard and his boys may not have the level of Haki necessary to defend against his attacks (i.e. Whitebeard blocking Akainu's Dai Funka with his bare hand without harm to the hand).
Blackbeard is a cautious man with a plan (despite his rather...reckless appearance^), he picks his battles carefully and I expect that he didn't think the warship was worth severe injury or potential causalities for the Blackbeard Pirates.

Anyway, I do hope that Chopper advance his mastery of his Zoan-fruit now that he is trying to become stronger. The Awakaned Zoan-users we saw at Impel Down appeared rather mindless, but I think it'd be cool if Chopper tried to achieve (and control) that potent level of his Zoan...

Whitebeard blocked Akainu's magma attack by punchcing the air with his earthquake ability.

Blackbeard has the darkness logia, which can negate ANY DF ability. Seeing as he wasn't too afraid to take on Sengoku & Garp at the same time back on Marineford, i very much doubt that is the reason.

Blackbeard would be the only 1 capable of taking him on. Unlike Ace, though he put up a decent fight, Akainu is vastly more experienced and his Logia is would probably be amongst the Top tier logias..so it'd be a great fight.
Old 2010-08-04, 12:30   Link #64
Kallen4life

Quote:
Blackbeard has the darkness logia, which can negate ANY DF ability
before he can touch Akainu with his hand he may already have a lava-filled hole in his gut .. it's not some flames he can roll around through like from Ace

Quote:
Blackbeard would be the only 1 capable of taking him on.
unmeltable weapon + haki
Old 2010-08-04, 13:21   Link #65
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by John D. View Post

Y'know, speaking of Chopper, I'm reminded of an old theory I had about him learning the Life Returns technique in order for him to better control himself in Chopzilla mode. I wonder if in his quest to discover new medicines, he'll make a new kind of Rumble Ball that will allow him to further manipulate his transformations at will (and in turn, allow him to gain better control of his Awakened state).....?

Oh, and about Sanji's training, I believe that earlier james had mentioned the possibility that the love chef's trial would be similar to Goku's training with Karin in DB (in the manner that the secret okama recipe doesn't actually make him stronger, but the effort towards collecting it will)? Yes, that certainly may be true.... and I'm also hoping that Sanji will end up adding some Newkama Kenpo techniques to his arsenal during this time, as well (even if he previously had no intention of mastering the style).
Old 2010-08-04, 13:25   Link #66
John D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Whitebeard blocked Akainu's magma attack by punchcing the air with his earthquake ability.
You are right, I miss looked that one. ^I thought he blocked with a punch...

Quote:
Blackbeard has the darkness logia, which can negate ANY DF ability. Seeing as he wasn't too afraid to take on Sengoku & Garp at the same time back on Marineford, i very much doubt that is the reason.
That Blackbeard was exhilarated by his new powers though, and very eager to try them out. The fight also happened off-screen, so we don't know whether Blackbeard fought the tag team alone or with the back up of his crew.

Quote:
Blackbeard would be the only 1 capable of taking him on. Unlike Ace, though he put up a decent fight, Akainu is vastly more experienced and his Logia is would probably be amongst the Top tier logias..so it'd be a great fight.
Personally, I don't think Blackbeard is ready to tackle any of the Admirals (or the Yonkous) just yet mano-mano (though he will become stronger than them all eventually ).

Blackbeard have the ability to completely negate Devil Fruits of anyone he touches, but we have seen in previous fights that Blackbeard (like Whitebeard^) isn't very good at dodging. When he fought Ace, Blackbeard took several hits and the same thing happened when he fought Luffy, Magellan and finally Whitebeard. If he were to fight Akainu, he would inevitable be hit by the terrible magma fist (if Ace managed to score several hits on Blackbeard with fire lances and what not, then Akainu certainly will) and we've seen the damage Akainu inflict...
Consequently, I think Blackbeard thought the risks wasn't worth the gain so turned tail instead of trying to put down the Red Dog.
Old 2010-08-04, 14:08   Link #67
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Oh, and about Sanji's training, I believe that earlier james had mentioned the possibility that the love chef's trial would be similar to Goku's training with Karin in DB (in the manner that the secret okama recipe doesn't actually make him stronger, but the effort towards collecting it will)? Yes, that certainly may be true.... and I'm also hoping that Sanji will end up adding some Newkama Kenpo techniques to his arsenal during this time, as well (even if he previously had no intention of mastering the style).
It's safe assume the recipe story is true, since Sanji himself noticed the special properties of the meal he was eating before Iva even told him about it. But of course, fighting the Newkama kenpo masters will also make him a lot stronger.
Old 2010-08-04, 14:19   Link #68
Kallen4life

Quote:
If he were to fight Akainu, he would inevitable be hit by the terrible magma fist (if Ace managed to score several hits on Blackbeard with fire lances and what not, then Akainu certainly will) and we've seen the damage Akainu inflict...
Consequently, I think Blackbeard thought the risks wasn't worth the gain so turned tail instead of trying to put down the Red Dog.
agreed .. Akainu has possibly the deadliest DF in terms of how much damage to the body (quite possibly fatal) you take from 1 (one) hit
Old 2010-08-04, 15:57   Link #69
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Was it the sexual kind of bondage? I haven't seen the pics yet.
It's not the tying her up part people are talking about.
He basically told Bonney you're too weak to cut it as a Blackbeard pirate, but be my bi*ch and you can tag along.
Old 2010-08-04, 16:24   Link #70
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
He basically told Bonney you're too weak to cut it as a Blackbeard pirate, but be my bi*ch and you can tag along.
That is hilarious. Blackbeard has been exemplary of a true pirate in this story, so it's natural for some people to be repulsed by his actions. I can't wait to see more of his antics .
Old 2010-08-04, 16:27   Link #71
John D.

^It was a generous offer by Teach. He is, after all, a catch with his stirring black beard beard, curly lush hair, impressive physique and he is a contender for the throne to boot...
Old 2010-08-04, 16:29   Link #72
Kallen4life

yep, BB's the man with the plan
Old 2010-08-04, 16:33   Link #73
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Couldn't agree with you (John D.) more. And because she rejected Blackbeard, she's going to be in the WG's custody now. Perhaps one of the World Nobles will use her as a slave.
Old 2010-08-04, 16:45   Link #74
james0246

^What's with you and encouraging slavery....

Besides, the way Akainu treated her; it seems far more likely that she holds some actual importance for the marines, the WG or the nobles. And, I highly doubt slavery (at least as the Tenryuubito use it) is the reason for her importance...

Last edited by james0246; 2010-08-04 at 16:59.
Old 2010-08-04, 16:57   Link #75
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

I wonder why Bonney is that important to WG. I don't really think that she is a member of the Noble family. If Akainu is going that far for the sake of her, then she might be a key to something very important. Might probably becoz of her ability to control anyone's age?

Say i wonder if anyone on WG side might actually live long enough (probably over hundred of years) thanks to Bonney's ability... it might be possible that the Gorousei members maintain their appearance becoz of Bonney's power. Or Vegapunk himself...

Anyway awesome chapter. Its too bad next chapter won't come out for another 2 weeks... can't hold this bad-assery anymore... >w<
Old 2010-08-04, 16:59   Link #76
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Say i wonder if anyone on WG side might actually live long enough (probably hundred of years) thanks to Bonney's ability... it might be possible that the Gorousei members maintain their appearance becoz of Bonney's power. Or Vegapunk himself...
I was thinking the same thing. She does have the potential to grant immortality to any that control her.
Old 2010-08-04, 17:03   Link #77
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Besides, the way Akainu treated her; it seems far more likely that she holds some actual importance for the marines, the WG or the nobles. And, I highly doubt slavery is the reason for her importance...

[zany theory]Maybe Bonney is a new Pacifista prototype..... one that is more "organic" when compared to the bulky Kuma and his clones. In fact, maybe her huge appetite is a result of her power source burning off too much energy or something.....?[/zany theory]
Old 2010-08-04, 17:03   Link #78
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^What's with you and encouraging slavery....

Besides, the way Akainu treated her; it seems far more likely that she holds some actual importance for the marines, the WG or the nobles. And, I highly doubt slavery is the reason for her importance...
I was just joking around again. I've got to remember to always put in smilies whenever I'm being facetious .

Well, besides being valuable in terms of "entertainment" (cough*fan service*cough), I agree that she must have some other importance to her. If the WG sent an admiral to apprehend her, that's quite a big deal.
Old 2010-08-04, 17:41   Link #79
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Akainu said it nearly made him break a cold sweat (in manner of speaking) when he learned she escaped the clutches of WG.
Perhaps he didn't mean it literally, but it takes a LOT to faze that man.
So whatever role she plays must be very important.
Old 2010-08-04, 17:44   Link #80
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
[zany theory]Maybe Bonney is a new Pacifista prototype..... one that is more "organic" when compared to the bulky Kuma and his clones. In fact, maybe her huge appetite is a result of her power source burning off too much energy or something.....?[/zany theory]
I was actually thinking she had something to do with Vegapunk (maybe she even is Vegapunk ), but there is no real reason to speculate such a connection...
Closed Thread