AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-11, 15:44   Link #21
Aqua Knight

Played Gothic I, didn't like it.
Old 2011-08-12, 14:00   Link #22
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Perhaps you should start being more specific. If you just write .. Played X and didn't like it, what does it tell us? Indeed, nothing. It's hard to give more suggestions when we don't even know why you haven't liked the games that have already been suggested.
Old 2011-08-12, 15:08   Link #23
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Syn really knows her games, I'll give you that...but since nobody has recommended it so far, I'll add the Starcraft series to the list. I found the SCII campaign mode very entertaining, if you haven't played the first ones you can always pick up the plot from the novels, if you're not into the first installments.
I also enjoyed Rise of Legends quite a lot, imo it was a very good attempt at a game of its kind, had a somewhat unique feeling to it...
From TBS-type, Heroes of Might and Magic V was good enough, I think VI will be coming out next year...and there's also Disciples III: Renaissance, kinda like the second one but with better graphics.
Unfortunately all the 3rd person adventure games I know are quite old, so I won't be listing them here, except Blade of Darkness, which is the best one I remember at the moment, a 2001 game that really didn't get enough credit. Think of it as the Demon's Souls of 10 years ago, you die lots and fighting is simple but fun.

EDIT: Seeing as you've already played HMMV, keep an eye out for VI, it's coming out in October.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2011-08-13 at 00:42.
Old 2011-08-12, 16:06   Link #24
Aqua Knight

Woah, I sure missed the large list of games from synaesthetic ...

I'm surprised that nobody mentioned Alpha Protocol. I got what I wanted - Witcher, which I barely started but still I will try to play start playing it through this weekend.

As for FPS, I play CSS like every two days, for me it's much entertaining than shooting AI even if a FPS game has a brilliant plot, which I really doubt, with HL series being the exception.

Will continue my post tomorrow...
Old 2011-08-12, 18:24   Link #25
S.t inFAMOUS

Play No One Lives Forever 1 & 2. Believe you won't be disappointed. Also try Septerra Core. The combat is terrible but the story is one of the best.

Nothing amazing ever happens here
Old 2011-08-13, 02:12   Link #26
foreverdissevered
Endless Entity

Dragon Nest. MMO, but you can basically solo the stages on normal.

Gameplay is sort of like Devil May Cry/Aion
Old 2011-08-13, 02:59   Link #27
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
While I enjoyed Alpha Protocol, it was so full of bugs and crashy that playing it was pretty frustrating. It made Fallout 3 look stable.
Old 2011-08-13, 09:41   Link #28
filthydani

Alice madness returns
Old 2011-08-13, 14:31   Link #29
Aqua Knight

Is combat/action system in Witcher 2 better than in first part?I've seen some gameplay on youtube and there are stealth elements and some other things, right? So it's more action oriented?

btw I completed the 1st chapter in the first part. It was ok, but I got tired from running here and there. Also the framerate really dropped when I was fighting the Beast. Any advice for smoother performance. I disabled shadows and all other settings aren't higher than medium.