AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-08-17, 00:40   Link #41
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Tsubasa Chronicle - the whole last arc is one big WTF to me, I am still confused till this day
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 02:41   Link #42
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Ideon, definitely Ideon.
It made perfect sense!
See, if everyone's dead, you don't have to worry about unresolved plots, character developments, epilogue, or any of that nonsense mess. All clean!
Old 2012-08-17, 18:29   Link #43
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
It made perfect sense!
See, if everyone's dead, you don't have to worry about unresolved plots, character developments, epilogue, or any of that nonsense mess. All clean!
Well lets thank god that Gigantis thing was not canon, or else the ending would have lead to a bigger mess.
Old 2012-08-18, 03:08   Link #44
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
One word - Berserk.

ESPECIALLY if you haven't read the manga.
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 05:43   Link #45
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Mahoromatic:
it's the anime by which I judge all bad endings

Chrno Crusade:
Though the ending itself was very fitting and memorable, the final fight was one of the biggest letdowns I've ever seen
Old 2012-08-19, 13:12   Link #46
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightbatŪ View Post
Chrno Crusade:
Though the ending itself was very fitting and memorable, the final fight was one of the biggest letdowns I've ever seen
You just had to remind me of that one hum? Oh how I felt like crap after that end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
@Akito

I have something else I found baffling about Clannad AS's ending

Spoiler:
I agree with you on that. The Clannad AS end works as the end to the VN (where you naturally only concern yourself you a single girl at any given time) but even then the ending isn't without it's deus ex machina feel. It is still pretty much an enormous deus ex machina and basically shatters the forth wall to make you realize that it's just the game's mechanics working under the guise of some random and unexplained in-universe magic. It is however understandable with some thought to the average player which is something you can't say of the anime. (more in the spoiler-tagged section)

Spoiler for Clannad AS:

Virtually everyone I've pointed the show to has failed to understand the ending on their own.

I love the show but even I can understand that the ending is a major black spot on an otherwise brilliant track record.

Spoiler for Clannad AS again:

/end rant

Contributing something more to the thread than just ranting over Clannad let me add the End of the East finale. The original show was great and kept me on the edge of my seat but the final movies just felt like they rushed through not just the story but also the writing itself. It felt like they just gave up and winged something to end the show.

I can't contribute much more because an ending is such an important thing that unless the show is very recent I tend to forget the details of the one's that disappointed me the most. A memorable ending it half of what it takes to get me to remember a show so I'm a bit at a disadvantage here.
Old 2012-09-26, 15:03   Link #47
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Did I miss it or did no one mention Fractale yet? :\
Old 2012-09-26, 15:22   Link #48
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

I guess you could say WTF to both of these entire shows but my votes for WTF ending go to:

Noein

Ergo Proxy (really, WTF to this weird, weird show. After it was over, I had to read a concise synopsis to eve undertand what the hell I had just seen. Also I saw this series new, week by week, not all at once, so it was doubly confusing.)

Also, surprised nobody has mentioned Serial Experiments Lain. This show set an incredibly high benchmark for confusing 90's techno-babble. Probably the reason that shows like the above were made.
NinjaRealist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 16:39   Link #49
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Serial Experiments Lain had a pretty wacky way of presenting itself, but I felt the ending was rather straightforward.

Proxy is much, much more confusing, especially near the end, but I don't really think it was incomprehensible. I still don't get many of the exact details, but I do get the message. A lot of what I listed above simply fail in both delivery and message.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 16:47   Link #50
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Shikabane Hime.
Spoiler:
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 17:02   Link #51
stelok
I My Me Strawberry Eggs

Send a message via ICQ to stelok Send a message via AIM to stelok Send a message via MSN to stelok Send a message via Yahoo to stelok
Rozen Maiden 1st season has the most baffling ending to any anime I watched.

Spoiler:
stelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 17:23   Link #52
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
Serial Experiments Lain had a pretty wacky way of presenting itself, but I felt the ending was rather straightforward.

Proxy is much, much more confusing, especially near the end, but I don't really think it was incomprehensible. I still don't get many of the exact details, but I do get the message. A lot of what I listed above simply fail in both delivery and message.
Hmmm, again maybe this is because I was a high-schooler, or maybe it was because I watched the episodes week by week but this show confused the hell out of me.

But if the criterion is just, endings that failed, then I guess my vote goes to Soul Taker. I guess i a literal way, I understood what happened at the end but...

Spoiler for Soul Taker's end:

It was a neat anime, but it really didn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense. This is a common theme with 90's and early 2000's mecha mystery shows.

Betterman is another example of this. Arguably, so is Big O

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-09-26 at 21:09. Reason: fixed spoiler tag
NinjaRealist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 05:31   Link #53
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Holy Knight has the most weirdest ending I've ever seen :
Spoiler for Ending:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 08:07   Link #54
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
I re-watched Ergo Proxy recently, and while I still think it's a bit pretentious in the same way Evangelion is, I found watching it at one go made it more comprehensible. I also read along in the the thread here, where there were some very helpful postings from members.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 11:16   Link #55
Ottonoshi

Serial Experiments Lain's weird God stuff always stumped me.
Ottonoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 15:11   Link #56
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaRealist View Post
But if the criterion is just, endings that failed, then I guess my vote goes to Soul Taker. I guess i a literal way, I understood what happened at the end but...

Spoiler for Soul Taker's end:

It was a neat anime, but it really didn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense. This is a common theme with 90's and early 2000's mecha mystery shows.

Betterman is another example of this. Arguably, so is Big O
Ah, the way I saw it, "baffling" has a negative connotation. If an ending was confusing but made me ask questions and make me want to figure it out, I wouldn't call it baffling but thought provoking.

Baffling in my mind is like making me think "Why the fuck did you do this?". That would be a complete failure of communication between me and the show, thus baffling me.

Anyhow, as for Serial Experiments Lain
Spoiler:

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-09-28 at 15:15. Reason: how did i write density?
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 15:31   Link #57
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Not the most baffling, but Rinne no Lagrange's ending was a HUGE anti-climax.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 16:00   Link #58
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
My favorite is the incredibly random bad end to a super robot show from the 80's called Blue Fixer Baldios. After it wad cancelled they decided the best way to end it would be too have the bad guy launch these probes that melt the polar ice caps and destroy the earth while the main characters look on in stunned silence doing nothing. No final showdown, just bad guy presses the i win button and end credits.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 16:07   Link #59
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

there is Gekganger III's ending when they bought Joe back to life with no explanation.
Old 2012-09-29, 17:50   Link #60
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Ergo Proxy was one of those anime where I was like "wtf is going on" the first time through. Watching it a second time, it all mostly made sense, however.

Anime that has me going "wtf" regardless of how many times I've seen them? Well, honestly, none. Google tends to answer any questions I have if I still have no idea what's going on after the fifth time watching something.

I will say that it is an incredibly rare anime ending that I actually really liked. While I get that in real life, things don't just conveniantly end, I don't think it's that much to ask for real conclusions in a work of fiction.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote