AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-04-01, 17:30   Link #6601
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Athena a magnificent bastard?

Im very ok with this. I love those kinds of characters who always 1 up the rest like Light on Death Note ^_^
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 17:50   Link #6602
aldw

For me at least, Athena's not out of the running, not by a long shot (and neither is Hina too)...
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 18:55   Link #6603
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
Glad the forum finally settles.
Yeah... not that anyone should have gotten annoyed with Mentar in the first place for engaging in perfectly healthy, civil debate and discussion.

So... chapter 267 comes out tomorrow, right? The manga's getting really interesting these days, each new chapter makes a difference.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 19:05   Link #6604
Koroshiya_Kame_13

The text on the right side of the last page mentions something about a special episode. Will that take up the whole chapter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Yeah... not that anyone should have gotten annoyed with Mentar in the first place for engaging in perfectly healthy, civil debate and discussion.
Gone for a few hours and 2 pages were already filled. Not gonna bother reading it cause its the usual personal opinion regarding a character that fuels a fiery debate.
Quote:
So... chapter 267 comes out tomorrow, right? The manga's getting really interesting these days, each new chapter makes a difference.
No it doesn't. Its so convenient now thanks to the internet and this makes us feel that the manga will come out early. The official release is on Wednesday in Japan, but those camera versions comes out earlier than that. The magazine is called Sunday because originally the company wanted the atmosphere of a relaxing sunday, but the magazine is actually released on wednesdays.

Last edited by Koroshiya_Kame_13; 2010-04-01 at 19:16.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 19:13   Link #6605
Dr. Casey

Well, if the camera version comes out, that's really all that matters to me. I was just thinking that since chapter 266 discussion started on March 26th, maybe we'd find out about 267 tomorrow.
Old 2010-04-01, 19:17   Link #6606
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

*ahem*

If I didn't misunderstand, 267 won't be coming out this week! Instead of it, we'll see some extra chapter (like those "Limited!" ones you can read on O**M****). Perhaps you already saw a spoiler pic of it last week (Sakuya bathing, and Hayate in the background saying something...)

Oh, and I'll use Used Can's post to answer you, Mr. Mad Scientist-san~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Honestly guys, I really don't see why you've got to do this thing almost every week. Your arguments go basically this way:

A: I don't like your character.
B: OMG, why don't you like my character?
A: OMG, why don't you dislike that character the same way I do?
B: Why don't you like that character the way I do?!!

Ad infinitum

Honestly, cannot you guys just agree to disagree? Fuck, it shames me to think I used to be part of this argument.
-

Hopefully we're done with that for a while, but since there's a possibility that a new chapter won't be coming out this week... well... hahaha... who knows? ^___^

@KK13

Don't worry about all these posts. It's just me bringing back the Christmas CHEER!! *raises knife in hand high in the air; the sunlight reflects from it blinding everyone, and then only silence remains*

Yay! Everyone is happy now!

Last edited by Rah; 2010-04-01 at 19:49. Reason: @babohtea Fixed~ ^___^;;
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 19:18   Link #6607
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
*ahem*

If I didn't misunderstand, 267 won't be coming out this week! Instead of it, we'll see some extra chapter (like those "Limited!" ones you can read on O**M****)
Interesting. I never really got the gags in the Limited! chapters anyhow though =/

Btw, don't mention O**M****
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 19:21   Link #6608
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
If I didn't misunderstand, 267 won't be coming out this week! Instead of it, we'll see some extra chapter (like those "Limited!" ones you can read on O**M****). Perhaps you already saw a spoiler pic of it last week (Sakuya bathing, and Hayate in the background saying something...)
Lot of people were complaining in other forums that Hata couldn't depict Nagi in a penniless state and that's why he's using those extra chapters to buy more time.
Quote:
@KK13

Don't worry about all these posts. It's just me bringing back the Christmas CHEER!! *raises knife in hand high in the air; the sunlight reflects from it blinding everyone, and then only silence remains*
You would've thought they would've dropped it after filling up at least 5 pages with that argument. So has it been finalized yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
Interesting. I never really got the gags in the Limited! chapters anyhow though =/
Most of those gags required some knowledge on Japanese culture and word tricks.

Last edited by Koroshiya_Kame_13; 2010-04-01 at 20:20.
Old 2010-04-01, 20:27   Link #6609
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Honestly, cannot you guys just agree to disagree?
Because that's no fun? o3o

Quote:
Spoiler for Clicky~:

Notice where the text is? Over Nagi it's who he wants to protect the most, and over Athena who he cares for the most. Well... it's still rather.. inconclusive.. perhaps..?
Spoiler for Nope:

I dunno, looks like 'most important' ended up with Nagi as well.

@ most everything else: tl;dr

Anyway, you guys seem determined to declare this discussion over, even thought I put all this work into coming up with a long and insightful(?) post.... well, I'll spoilertag it, so you can ignore it if you want (:

Spoiler for La:

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 20:47   Link #6610
Koroshiya_Kame_13

For future developments, Nagi mentioned something about ruining Mikado's plans when she destroyed the stone.
Old 2010-04-01, 20:53   Link #6611
Dr. Casey

I'm not a mad scientist, wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
Lot of people were complaining in other forums that Hata couldn't depict Nagi in a penniless state and that's why he's using those extra chapters to buy more time.
What

does this mean

I think Hata's a plenty skilled enough writer to depict just about damn near anything he wants.
Old 2010-04-01, 21:22   Link #6612
babohtea

Quote:
I think Hata's a plenty skilled enough writer to depict just about damn near anything he wants.
I don't know. He's kind of treading a thin line after all the controversy caused by the EoTW arc. I wouldn't call him a literary genius either, he should be able to do whatever he wants because it was/is a gag/comedy, but that's sort of changed a little now.
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 22:12   Link #6613
chronoxii

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassesLady View Post
Because that's no fun? o3o

Spoiler for Nope:

I dunno, looks like 'most important' ended up with Nagi as well.

@ most everything else: tl;dr

Anyway, you guys seem determined to declare this discussion over, even thought I put all this work into coming up with a long and insightful(?) post.... well, I'll spoilertag it, so you can ignore it if you want (:

Spoiler for La:
i wonder who would be more important to a *normal* person- a girl who saved him 10 years ago, taught him many things, and whom he loved, who kicked him out due to his own retardedness, as compared to a girl he tried and failed to kidnap, then saved and being saved in turn, resulting in the desire to protect her.
The choice is obvious to me. But hayate's a retard so whatever choice he makes is easily justified.

U did realize a-tan was thinking of clinging to him and crying to change his mind, which meant that she knew he would probably change his mind if she did so, because he still had strong feelings for her. That is why she wore the ring he gave her to show that she accepts his feelings. She only wanted hayate to go back to nagi for the time being to repay her for breaking the stone, and also because it would be too sudden and would put him in a tough situation if she asked him to go with her right now. A-tan is smart-she obviously thinks that with time, hayate would be happier with her, and would be less guilty about 'breaking up' with nagi. Hence the choice of words "giving him back for now" because he would be happier with nagi and his circle of friends for now.It also seemed to me that she referred to him as 'that' because she didnt want nagi to know about her and hayate for the time being.
chronoxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 22:26   Link #6614
madmac

Quote:
i wonder who would be more important to a *normal* person- a girl who saved him 10 years ago, taught him many things, and whom he loved, who kicked him out due to his own retardedness, as compared to a girl he tried and failed to kidnap, then saved and being saved in turn, resulting in the desire to protect her.
The choice is obvious to me. But hayate's a retard so whatever choice he makes is easily justified.
I find it interesting that you think this is such a clear-cut choice. I mean, I don't even remember anyone I knew when I was 6, really, outside of family. I can't really be arsed to care much about crushes I had even 5-6 years ago either, much less 10.

More people prefer to live in the present then chasing ghosts from the past, I would wager, and there's nothing stupid about that.

I don't see how being kicked out was all Hayate's fault, either, but I'm pretty sure that's a discussion that will turn ugly fast.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 22:35   Link #6615
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
I find it interesting that you think this is such a clear-cut choice. I mean, I don't even remember anyone I knew when I was 6, really, outside of family. I can't really be arsed to care much about crushes I had even 5-6 years ago either, much less 10.

Most people prefer to live in the present then chasing ghosts from the past, I would wager, and there's nothing stupid about that.

I don't see how being kicked out was all Hayate's fault, either, but I'm pretty sure that's a discussion that will turn ugly fast.
Considering how many manga run on tropes like that (about toy shipping et al), this series shouldn't be criticized for doing similar, especially since it didn't make pretensions for realism in the first place.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 22:46   Link #6616
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Like Nagi said, "Don't mix manga with reality."
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 22:49   Link #6617
madmac

Quote:
Considering how many manga run on tropes like that (about toy shipping et al), this series shouldn't be criticized for doing similar, especially since it didn't make pretensions for realism in the first place.
Oh I know it's a common trope, and I'm not particularly picking on this series for that, although it really is a story device that does nothing for me. I just thought it was a little strange to see someone make such a big deal of it. (That is, I don't think I've ever seen anyone say "Dude, obviously you go with the girl from 10 years ago" before.) *shrug*

I think the trope gets subverted more often then not these days, though. Lots more crazy yandere "childhood friends" then destined lovers from what I've seen.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 23:38   Link #6618
zodanhko
*ignoring*

If it's affections, it isn't false to claim that Hayate's toward Athena is greater than Nagi due to what had happened between them. And with more affections, it's not strange to consider with more 'care.'

Even if you think it's some "crazy yandere childhood friend," Hata already labeled Athena as "Hayate's first lover." I guess I'd rather trust the mangaka. ^^
Old 2010-04-01, 23:41   Link #6619
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
Even if you think it's some "crazy yandere childhood friend," Hata already labeled Athena as "Hayate's first lover." I guess I'd rather trust the mangaka. ^^
Lies! This is the internet! Random, anonymous posters always know the intention of someone else better than said person!
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 23:45   Link #6620
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Lies! This is the internet! Random, anonymous posters always know the intention of someone else better than said person!
I don't know whether you're being sacrastic or not, but it's the left caption on chapter 218, I think.

Here's the link: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hayate...t_butler/c218/

Tags
comedy, shounen