AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate - Episode 24 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 123 57.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 53 24.88%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 9.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 3.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 2.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.47%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.47%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.47%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-13, 14:51   Link #21
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnights View Post
Daru's wife is probably Mayuri.

5/10 overall, this serie never catch me, weak and boring.

Nitroplus isn't suit to make stories like this, they better do adventures and horrors novels like their masterpiece Saya no Uta.
What the ?

This show is the best one from this season and the last one !

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drunk Demoman View Post
It isn't Mayuri.
Then who it is ?
Old 2011-09-13, 14:54   Link #22
rainz
original vampire

I found it both ironic and cute that it was Kurisu that pick up the Metal Upa. Somehow very in-character as well.

The sweetest irony is that, if the Cyalume Saber work as planned, Rintarou wouldn't need to get stabbed. BUT Kurisu also probably won't get the same motivation to find him at the very end. Its because Rintarou has to risk his life that he got his perfect ending.

Its nice that all the little things, planned or unplanned, contribute to make this happy ending.
Old 2011-09-13, 14:54   Link #23
The Drunk Demoman
~ fabulous ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post

Then who it is ?

Spoiler:
Old 2011-09-13, 14:54   Link #24
bakuramariks
The Observer

Everyone with their opinions, people.

As for the last episode - laughing, crying, cheering.
I will miss you, S;G

10/10
Old 2011-09-13, 14:54   Link #25
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

Great END!! and thanks to Studio Fox!!

with this S;G become one of three best anime I ever seen

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
Old 2011-09-13, 14:55   Link #26
Witch of Uncertainty

Extremely disappointed by the end.
It went all too easy and ended too happy. It wasn't bad, but it was certainly underwhelming.
Old 2011-09-13, 14:57   Link #27
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drunk Demoman View Post
Spoiler:
Why are you putting that under spoiler ?

And she is from another game ?
Old 2011-09-13, 14:59   Link #28
Sheapy

It's not Mayuri because the timeline that Suzuha originated from (Beta), Mayuri dies.
Old 2011-09-13, 14:59   Link #29
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
While not as strong as the two former episodes, it's a finale where things felt like the happenings have flowed well together.

Spoiler:

It certainly did not end in a bang like Madoka and TTGL, but it sure brought a sense of closure and new starts for our cast (especially for those with more unfortunate fates like Moeka). Life goes on, or rather gets kicked in a direction better fit for everyone.

9/10, only because it suffered from the comparison to the episodes #22 and #23 in term of emotional investment. But just think of it as a proper reward for those 23 weeks sticking around. Also I have a lingering regret about not seeing seven years forward for Suzuha's birth and Daru's hot wife, had it been shown it would have been a 10 for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
And she is from another game ?

She appears in steins gate side story manga about Suzuha's backstory. Google steins;gate rebellion you won't regret it.

PS: I would feel like cheating when I'll nominate steins;gate in a LOT of categories for Asuki Anime Awards 2011. But I thin that this show fucking deserves it.
Old 2011-09-13, 15:00   Link #30
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Yes please

Wow... I was thoroughly satisfied with this ending. I laughed, was amazed at Okabe's awesomeness, and felt a bit of nostalgia. I definitely recommend this to every anime sci-fi fan out there.
Old 2011-09-13, 15:01   Link #31
GDB

God damn Okarin had a moment of true badassery right there.
Old 2011-09-13, 15:07   Link #32
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

I was worried for a bit when the liquid from the saber dried up... But Okabe sure improvised greatly since he isn't meant to die at that time!
I did like how he went and gave badges to all the lab members, that was a nice touch. (even though Ruka/Feyris weren't focused on all that much...)

Either way a nice ending imo. Gonna miss S;G.
Old 2011-09-13, 15:09   Link #33
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
what a weak ending imo. With the last 3 episodes being perfect, this episode was very dull, and kinda predictable.
Old 2011-09-13, 15:11   Link #34
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
While not as strong as the two former episodes, it's a finale where things felt like the happenings have flowed well together.

It certainly did not end in a bang like Madoka and TTGL, but it sure brought a sense of closure and new starts for our cast (especially for those with more unfortunate fates like Moeka). Life goes on, or rather gets kicked in a direction better fit for everyone.

9/10, only because it suffered from the comparison to the episodes #22 and #23 in term of emotional investment. But just think of it as a proper reward for those 23 weeks sticking around. Also I have a lingering regret about not seeing seven years forward for Suzuha's birth and Daru's hot wife, had it been shown it would have been a 10 for me.

Totally agreed and 9/10. I wanted something more but this was pretty nice too
Old 2011-09-13, 15:13   Link #35
LeoXiao
思想工作

Good ending, It could've been fleshed out a little more but in conjunction with the last few episodes it was quite good. I'll be looking forward to seeing what they do with the film.

8.5/10
Old 2011-09-13, 15:19   Link #36
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
It was a bit predictable, but I never really cared for those things as long as the buildup works. And it's generally nice to see everything come into fruition, even if last episode was the true climax.

I mean Okabe's gotten pretty badass this episode, getting fucking stabbed, pulling the knife out, scaring the shit out of Kurisu's asshole dad and getting this plan into fashion. And he's still wearing his lab coat while doing it.

Mad scientist you are, Okabe.

But it's also nice that now we know that they can continue their lab activities, without any of the outlandish stuff happening anymore. Sometimes we are bored and need excitement, but as the events of the series goes, sometimes it's best to lie around and just chill.

Also, the scenes with Kurisu and Okabe were great this episode, and with Kurisu being the only one left with relevant memories, seeks out Okabe.

But hey, Okabe you bastard, you rigged it, so her initial impression of you was more positive. You went in her mind from awkward jackass to some shining knight that saved her life. But oh well, I guess everyone's true personality will shine through.

So Matyshi is alive and well, but she may never know of the stories of the quite literal blood and tears Okabe spent for her. It's possible he'll tell these tales to them eventually, but they'll dismiss it as just parts of his wild imagination.

But it's probably better that way.

10/10 for episode, and I guess my top 5 needs one more anime anyways. Overall, the series provided all the closure I needed, and for a last episode, that's my main concern.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-09-13, 15:30   Link #37
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Great ending though I think there plan was rather weak than we mostly had expected. It's kinda confusing... Kurisu wouldn't have been saved because of the Attractive Divergence even if Okabe prepared a perfect plan and scenario to make it look like it. I mean, there was no much difference changing a fact between going to the past by himself or time leap/send D-Mails as much as he pleases to alter the past events. Besides, Okabe using his own blood to make it seem as if it where Kurisu's? Come on, normal ppl would've died with that much of bloodloss in there stomach area. I can't really tell since am not into Anatomy, but the arc and plan was kind too forced to come up with. Anyways, I can't deny the ending was that of pure awesomeness of 24 min. especially when it doesn't come as tragic as it seems, but sakurastic

Btw, what happened to Suzuha? I'm sure she should've returned to the present with Okabe
Old 2011-09-13, 15:38   Link #38
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Claymore View Post
Btw, what happened to Suzuha? I'm sure she should've returned to the present with Okabe
Because the paper ended up being destroyed, her future self never went back in time to help Okabe as there was no World War III or Kurisu dying.
Old 2011-09-13, 15:38   Link #39
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Sad to know that this anime is now over. Had an amazing time following this series!

I wonder what that movie is going to be about :X?
Old 2011-09-13, 15:43   Link #40
Deathscyther

Great ending to a great series! Although this episode wasn't as strong as the previous one, I still gave it a 10/10 (although this one would be a 9.5/10 and the previous one a full 10)

Heroic action by Okabe. He knew he had to improvise and risked his life to save Kurisu by stabbing himself. (Although I do think that he decided to risk it because he hoped that he wouldn't die because of the Attraction Field, since he wasn't supposed to die at that time yet.)

In the last few scenes when Okabe and Kurisu finally meet again, you can see that Kurisu sort of 'remembers' her time with Okabe. She acted tsundere right away as well lol. That little encouter and the way they look at each other in the end make me feel that they really belong together. Really a happy ending for the two of them.

Anyways, it was a great ride and this is definitely one of the best animes I've seen!