AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2013-02-01, 18:13   Link #9521
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
It shouldn't be seen as something ironclad...one of these days, if they push too far, they'll offend the other half of the consumer base. And then the PR people will get burnt for it like in that Kokoro Connect fiasco.
What they've already done's plenty bad enough. And yet they're still seen as the ones whose opinion matters. Admittedly because they vote with their wallet.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 04:32   Link #9522
JokerD

Try not to think too hard about those things, I put it down to culture gap and let it go, this IS the "Silly/Odd News Stories from around the World" thread after all. Serious discussion should go into the news thread IMO.

Anyway, in other news:
In pictures: Japan's unusual emergency drill at Tama Zoo
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 06:15   Link #9523
velderia
Former NEET.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
NSFW SANKAKU : AKB48′s Minami Minegishi Shaves Off Hair As Sex Apology

That has got to be the most desperate media stunt. Ever.
... Speaking of which, a tarot reading of Minami Minegishi done earlier this year:
http://youtu.be/5Plic-46uUM

Quite possibly... The weirdest thing ever. o_o I can't tell if this is all a ploy or if it's real and he actually predicted her predicament - It's way too perfect.
velderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 09:39   Link #9524
sa547
*Author

^
Anything that has to do with Minegishi should go to the AKB thread in the music section.

---------------------
Meet Ahmadinejad's new toy airplane:

http://theaviationist.com/2013/02/02.../#.UQ0kvaWRApk
http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/351541/...oking-warplane
Old 2013-02-02, 19:01   Link #9525
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

February 2 'Officially' Designated Twin Tail Day

Quote:
On January 24, the Japan Anniversary Association "officially" declared February 2 as Twin Tail Day. The day has been celebrated by fans of the pigtail hairstyle for a few years already, and the Japan Twin Tail Association even launched on Twin Tail Day last year.

The Japan Twin Tail Association provides an in-depth history of twin tails and an explanation as to how February 2 became Twin Tail Day.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...-twin-tail-day

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 23:54   Link #9526
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

White House photo shows Obama skeet shooting
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...02-02-22-10-10
Is there really a point to show this?
Old 2013-02-03, 03:02   Link #9527
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Food for the gun control critics, though obviously not the way they wanted it and will probably end up backfiring.
Old 2013-02-03, 03:11   Link #9528
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Just to show that Obama doesn't necessarily demonize firearms in the irrational witchcraftian way some have recently (*cough* Feinstein again *cough*). Laws that work are better than crappy feel good laws that are ineffective or just make it worse - haven't we had enough of those yet?

The picture does make it appear he isn't masterful at skeet shooting (stance, etc), but I'll cut him some slack because law-abiding citizens who spend nearly all their time in highly urban environments just don't tend to handle/use/train with firearms - the opportunities are limited if naught else.
Old 2013-02-03, 04:21   Link #9529
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Meh. It'll fit in the NRA's narrative that Obama wants weapons for himself and not the citizenry.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 04:31   Link #9530
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The picture does make it appear he isn't masterful at skeet shooting (stance, etc), but I'll cut him some slack because law-abiding citizens who spend nearly all their time in highly urban environments just don't tend to handle/use/train with firearms - the opportunities are limited if naught else.
Also the fact that his surrounded by people carrying guns who would be more than happy to shoot things (and people) that came near him
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 04:53   Link #9531
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Meh. It'll fit in the NRA's narrative that Obama wants weapons for himself and not the citizenry.
Which ruler doesn't?

I think politicians are naturally dumb if they think like that : they are gambling their control on one unstable thing called apathy. Give the citizenry enough knowledge and you have a Warsaw Uprising at your doorstep.

Which is what governments are trying to do now because the internet disseminates knowledge that force people to think. The creation of Facebook and Twitter are being used as tools to distract people from seeking knowledge, but being tools that give information, the plan backfires routinely.

Like how my government tried to regulate what is being posted on the internet. A small chit-chat with an ex-systems engineer at IBM reinforces the fact that these nuts know nothing about enforcements in a collective - the Internet treats such barriers as anomalies and route around it.

Sure you can control how I behave, and I don't mind that. But you can't control what I read and think.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 10:20   Link #9532
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

North Korea video shows New York in ruins after missile attack

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Quote:
North Korea, already gearing up for yet another nuclear test, has posted a bizarre online video depicting New York under an apparent missile attack with "We Are the World" serving as a soundtrack.
The three-minute video posted on YouTube on Saturday was released by Uriminzokkiri, which distributes news and propaganda from North Korea’s state-run media. It features a young man in a dream sequence in which he sees himself aboard a North Korean space shuttle launched into orbit by the same type of rocket Pyongyang successfully launched in December. A densely populated city, which is shrouded in a U.S. flag, is then depicted to the tune of “We are the World,” the charity single recorded in 1985.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/02...#ixzz2K2RQDtu4

Old 2013-02-05, 11:00   Link #9533
Sumeragi
Banned

Using MW3 footage? Probably haven't heard of copyright.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 11:02   Link #9534
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
They would be rather hard to sue over that kind of offence, no
Old 2013-02-05, 11:04   Link #9535
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I actually wonder if anybody can sue NK

Old 2013-02-05, 11:30   Link #9536
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Considering that NK is the world's largest counterfeiter of USD, I doubt they'd care about copyrights...
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 12:00   Link #9537
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

TL whatever is subtitled please.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-02-05, 12:12   Link #9538
Sumeragi
Banned

Nothing important. Just saying he had a dream that he went up to space, say a reunited Korea and the US in flames, and that the universe seemed to be blessing DPRK's advance into space.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 13:14   Link #9539
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I imagine right after that was when the first Japanese space cruiser took a pot shot at him and ended the problem.
Old 2013-02-05, 14:23   Link #9540
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I imagine right after that was when the first Japanese space cruiser took a pot shot at him and ended the problem.
With a Canon camera, it seems that NK took over Japan as well. Not the other way round.

Tags
humor