AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-09-23, 11:39   Link #7081
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishaven View Post
Thanks for answers. I wonder what was Restia's "wish"? I want to learn but I think my English isn't good enough to read light novel
It seems fairly good. The light novel is actually quite the easy read - nothing too hard to understand, very little explanation needed, just take your spirit, put it in a weapon form, and fend off girls that don't know how to express themselves. In fact, what I just said may have been tougher English than the translation has. So if you understood it, you'll understand baka-tsuki.

And in case you actually wanted to know Restia's wish:
Spoiler for I'm not sure if you want to read it or not:
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-23, 11:46   Link #7082
Nishaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
It seems fairly good. The light novel is actually quite the easy read - nothing too hard to understand, very little explanation needed, just take your spirit, put it in a weapon form, and fend off girls that don't know how to express themselves. In fact, what I just said may have been tougher English than the translation has. So if you understood it, you'll understand baka-tsuki.

And in case you actually wanted to know Restia's wish:
Spoiler for I'm not sure if you want to read it or not:
Thank then I will try to read I tried to read Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei. It was too heavy.
Nishaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-23, 11:50   Link #7083
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishaven View Post
Thank then I will try to read I tried to read Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei. It was too heavy.
Mahouka is hard to read for anybody, because it is so deep with fantastical technology and that. No, Seirei Tsukai is a lot easier.
Old 2014-09-23, 12:04   Link #7084
cloud04
Scanlator

and you get a girls that caters to your liking ;p
Old 2014-09-23, 15:44   Link #7085
Nicaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Spoiler:
I agree with your analysis of the girls. I think I missed Kamito resenting Claire though. I felt like he thought she was troublesome from the start.

I'd go with your ranking as well. I prefer Fianna over Ellis, but Ellis is more honest with her feelings (though I feel a volume dedicated to Fianna in the future). Personally I'd insert Leonora above Claire (I like dragons, amongst other reasons I'd have for doing so). Leonora gives off the same vibe as Ellis to me though.

I do understand you're coming from with your analysis of Rinslet. Her role as the friendly girl was nice and it was good to see Kamito talk with her. Last volume may change that though (I'm still bummed that Rinslet didn't acquire one of those strong ice spirits or have Fenrir evolve).

There's something that's been bothering me in the last two volumes. It seems like Ellis and Rinslet got this weird power up from Kamito. I'm not sure what it is, but I guess that it's something with him becoming the Maou. Maybe he'll have multiple darkness queens.

On that note, do you think Kamito will use the 72 demon spirits? I hope he inherits the Maou powers without having to become necessarily evil.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-23, 16:06   Link #7086
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
There's something that's been bothering me in the last two volumes. It seems like Ellis and Rinslet got this weird power up from Kamito. I'm not sure what it is, but I guess that it's something with him becoming the Maou. Maybe he'll have multiple darkness queens.
Sounds like good Solution to me, but only if the girls are willing to share him

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-23, 16:49   Link #7087
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
All of the girls are closet masochists who have at one time or another practically smacked Kamito over the head with "Take me!" vibes. I seriously doubt any of them would complain about anything as long as he was forceful.
Old 2014-09-23, 16:56   Link #7088
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
All of the girls are closet masochists who have at one time or another practically smacked Kamito over the head with "Take me!" vibes. I seriously doubt any of them would complain about anything as long as he was forceful.
Ironically in this series the girls are bigger perverts than Kamito himself is.
Old 2014-09-23, 22:33   Link #7089
Tohno Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
In general, they secretly want to claim him for themselves, but because of the fact that they can't bring themselves to do that - they have abandoned themselves to their own freaky delusions and blamed him for that !?!?
Tohno Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-23, 22:35   Link #7090
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
The ironic part is that they call him demon king of the night based off of many misunderstandings

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
True but he wont do anything because of his nature and the fact he needs them as teammates and violating them would ruin them as elementalists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
None of them are which is the problem and if the news of Ren Ashbell comes out it'll be a disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
I agree with your analysis of the girls. I think I missed Kamito resenting Claire though. I felt like he thought she was troublesome from the start.

I'd go with your ranking as well. I prefer Fianna over Ellis, but Ellis is more honest with her feelings (though I feel a volume dedicated to Fianna in the future). Personally I'd insert Leonora above Claire (I like dragons, amongst other reasons I'd have for doing so). Leonora gives off the same vibe as Ellis to me though.

I do understand you're coming from with your analysis of Rinslet. Her role as the friendly girl was nice and it was good to see Kamito talk with her. Last volume may change that though (I'm still bummed that Rinslet didn't acquire one of those strong ice spirits or have Fenrir evolve).

On that note, do you think Kamito will use the 72 demon spirits? I hope he inherits the Maou powers without having to become necessarily evil.
I'll answer each of your points individually

Kamito didnt necessarily resent Claire but he kinda had this view that this was a girl more troublesome then she's worth but he kinda managed her.

Fianna had her volume already which was volume 2 granted i think she'll have a massive role in the next one.

Leonora and Ellis are like twins in regards to Kamito. Both are powerful knights who he appreciates their skill in battle almost as much as the beauty (granted we appreciate the beauty more) Its even funnier considering the first time they met she wanted to chop his balls off once she got over that she fell rather quickly

Yea Rinslet is a mystery to me mainly because other then iseria she brings very little to the group but hey whatever.

I dont know what the power-up is but i'm positive that its related to the holy energy from est (we'll likely learn about it in the next volume as well) As for darkness queens i think thats a lost concept for now considering how much they resented it.

Realistically for now i dont see kamito using any weapon other then Est and Terminus Est Zweii but thats for now.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-23, 22:41   Link #7091
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
The ironic part is that they call him demon king of the night based off of many misunderstandings

True but he wont do anything because of his nature and the fact he needs them as teammates and violating them would ruin them as elementalists

None of them are which is the problem and if the news of Ren Ashbell comes out it'll be a disaster

I'll answer each of your points individually

Kamito didnt necessarily resent Claire but he kinda had this view that this was a girl more troublesome then she's worth but he kinda managed her.

Fianna had her volume already which was volume 2 granted i think she'll have a massive role in the next one.

Leonora and Ellis are like twins in regards to Kamito. Both are powerful knights who he appreciates their skill in battle almost as much as the beauty (granted we appreciate the beauty more) Its even funnier considering the first time they met she wanted to chop his balls off once she got over that she fell rather quickly

Yea Rinslet is a mystery to me mainly because other then iseria she brings very little to the group but hey whatever.

I dont know what the power-up is but i'm positive that its related to the holy energy from est (we'll likely learn about it in the next volume as well) As for darkness queens i think thats a lost concept for now considering how much they resented it.

Realistically for now i dont see kamito using any weapon other then Est and Terminus Est Zweii but thats for now.
twins in terms of boobies too ;p
Old 2014-09-23, 22:53   Link #7092
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
What holy energy? There's no holy energy in Est. And no, the power up the girls got has nothing to do with Est, it was more like a blessing from the Darkness Elemental Lord, aka Kamito.

Kamito now is officially recognized as the Demon King, his powers are slowly but surely awakening in him. And since the corrupted will of Ren Ashdoll is gone, it's probably safe to assume that he won't go berserk again.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-23, 23:01   Link #7093
teejmo

^ Yeah, Kamito's nature is a dull guy who doesn't realize the girls like him, like every stereotypical harem lead. [sigh] And he showed so much promise as a harem lead who teases his haremettes. But I have my doubts whether "violating" them will ruin their elementalist abilities, since he has become the demon lord. Isn't that a manifestation of Ren Ashdoll? And considering the power-ups occurred after Kamito went through the darkness ritual, I think it lies a little along those lines (Claire didn't receive any power-up when she kissed him in the first volume).

Also, Leonora is like an Ellis who actually is straight-forward and goes after what she wants, even if she doesn't realize she wants it. (In my opinion, she's by far the best human girl.)
Old 2014-09-23, 23:17   Link #7094
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
But I have my doubts whether "violating" them will ruin their elementalist abilities, since he has become the demon lord.
lol reading that I created a lot of doujinshis inside of my head about ""violating" them without making them lose their abilities" LMAO fufufu, I'm such a sinful man
Old 2014-09-23, 23:35   Link #7095
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
What holy energy? There's no holy energy in Est. And no, the power up the girls got has nothing to do with Est, it was more like a blessing from the Darkness Elemental Lord, aka Kamito.

Kamito now is officially recognized as the Demon King, his powers are slowly but surely awakening in him. And since the corrupted will of Ren Ashdoll is gone, it's probably safe to assume that he won't go berserk again.
Est is the Sacred Sword so there's some holy energy involved (again its speculation at best i have no clue what it is)

Quote:
^ Yeah, Kamito's nature is a dull guy who doesn't realize the girls like him, like every stereotypical harem lead. [sigh] And he showed so much promise as a harem lead who teases his haremettes. But I have my doubts whether "violating" them will ruin their elementalist abilities, since he has become the demon lord. Isn't that a manifestation of Ren Ashdoll? And considering the power-ups occurred after Kamito went through the darkness ritual, I think it lies a little along those lines (Claire didn't receive any power-up when she kissed him in the first volume).

Again the powerup is speculation on many levels
Also, Leonora is like an Ellis who actually is straight-forward and goes after what she wants, even if she doesn't realize she wants it. (In my opinion, she's by far the best human girl.)
The thing about violating them is because spirits go after pure young maidens so if they have sex they would no longer be pure (This is the reason that ellis originally hated kamito because of the fact that she was worried he would ruin the girls purity)

the ellis leonora debate is a fascinating one but i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
lol reading that I created a lot of doujinshis inside of my head about ""violating" them without making them lose their abilities" LMAO fufufu, I'm such a sinful man
Unless your thinking backdoor i dont think its possible and the fact there arent any blade dance doujins online absolutely shocks me (at least from the sites i've seen)
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-23, 23:55   Link #7096
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Est is the Sacred Sword so there's some holy energy involved (again its speculation at best i have no clue what it is)

The thing about violating them is because spirits go after pure young maidens so if they have sex they would no longer be pure (This is the reason that ellis originally hated kamito because of the fact that she was worried he would ruin the girls purity)

the ellis leonora debate is a fascinating one but i

Unless your thinking backdoor i dont think its possible and the fact there arent any blade dance doujins online absolutely shocks me (at least from the sites i've seen)
Est is not a sacred sword. She is just a powerful metal spirit that can absorb curses,which ended up making her a cursed sword since the curses she accumulates will eventually be transferred to her master and kill them.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 00:36   Link #7097
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
Est is not a sacred sword. She is just a powerful metal spirit that can absorb curses,which ended up making her a cursed sword since the curses she accumulates will eventually be transferred to her master and kill them.
but she DID absorb Restia's attributes, didn't she?
Old 2014-09-24, 03:27   Link #7098
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
Absorbing darkness attributes doesn't make her a holy sword.
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 07:28   Link #7099
Ophis
Dragon God

Quote:
Sacred Sword is just a title she got because Est can destroy curses, but in reality she's a Demon Sword because she robs her contractor of his life. Again, there's no holy power in Est, her attribute is pure [Steel], and now Darkness too because of Restia.

Vol 9 Chapter 4
Quote:
Although Est was crowned with the title of the «Demon Slayer» for vanquishing the Demon King, in actual fact, she was not a spirit possessing the holy attribute but a sword spirit with the attribute of «Steel».
She did not possess the power to purify filth.
Old 2014-09-24, 11:02   Link #7100
Tohno Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
Restia let her power and attributes for Est by her own will, and Est didn't "absorb" it
Tohno Ren is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap