AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-04-23, 23:02   Link #221
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Holy spoiler galore!

Sigh, from now on I'll just include "spoiler" tag whenever I talk about manga stuffs just to be on the safe side...sorry for the trouble, Dranz.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 23:48   Link #222
Kouji
StrykerX

I made that mistake too.
Old 2004-08-03, 16:09   Link #223
AngelKyo
Shizune is numba#1

Send a message via AIM to AngelKyo Send a message via MSN to AngelKyo Send a message via Yahoo to AngelKyo
Ok let's look at this closely. If everyone would be at their full power no matter what they used to do it.

1. Sasuke vs. Neji - I'm sorry Neji although you are pretty cool Sasuke's combined speed and strength would overwhelm you too much not even you're whirl would help one bit.

2. Sasuke vs. Naruto - Sasuke against Naruto never will happen even with the cursed seal it wouldnt' help a bit because Naruto's full strength even without the nine-tails. (if you remember the fight with Gaara and Sasuke was shocked by all of Naruto's chakra, which was his own kicked Gaara's butt in that monster form)
If Naruto used 100% of his power and Sasuke used 100% of his plus cursed seal. He would die by Naruto in seconds...

No one could beat Naruto even the technique the Third used to stop Orochimaru because his chakra alone would overwhelm the user and wouldn't allow himself to be held on to like that. It takes too much time that technique and is basically a suicide technique.
AngelKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 16:23   Link #224
lotus_lee

Hmm....well, even though Neji could knock out Sasuke's chakra in an instant with his Hakke Rokujuuyonshou, Sasuke does have a Curse Seal after all. Therefore, like how Naruto managed to recall some Kyuubi chakra to bail him out, Sasuke may be able to also do the same. Neji uses a fighting style which makes the Sharingan quite useless. However, despite the Kaiten being able to deflect most attacks, I doubt he will be able to keep it up. I do believe that Neji is as fast as Sasuke but he isn't as well equipped.

So as much as I hate to admit it, Sasuke would win.
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 17:23   Link #225
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

Neji would win of course, because I believe neji is better at taijitsu when compared to sasuke. In close combat neji can not only damage internal organs but he can also shutdown chakra points. Kaiten + ultimate defense.. pretty hard to beat. Sasuke on the other hand has that fire thingy and the chidori and is defenseless to all of nejis possible attacks. Advantage neji
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 17:26   Link #226
_Riku_

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
Neji would win of course, because I believe neji is better at taijitsu when compared to sasuke. In close combat neji can not only damage internal organs but he can also shutdown chakra points. Kaiten + ultimate defense.. pretty hard to beat. Sasuke on the other hand has that fire thingy and the chidori and is defenseless to all of nejis possible attacks. Advantage neji

try to hit Sasuke
Sharingan + Lee speed.... I doubt that Neji would ne able to hit him
and Sasuke wouldn't charge into the kaiten...and that would only make neji waste chakara.....

Sasuke would own Neji

and where the manga is...he would've crushed Neji
_Riku_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 17:53   Link #227
fieryshadowcard

Sasuke can't copy Kaiten without becoming a Jyuuken master. Kakashi said that even a Jounin has trouble mustering a great deal of Chakra out of just the fingertips, let alone the rest of the body. Jyuuken masters can wield Chakra from ANY part of their body, and even if Sasuke can see the Chakra coming out, his body cannot properly perform the same thing. In order to effectively wield Jyuuken, you need the Byakugan. In order to wield Kaiten effectively, you need to effectively wield Jyuuken. Also, mastering Jyuuken takes time, even with Byakugan. The Kaiten becomes most efficient when the user can anticipate attacks from almost all directions. Sasuke's eyes can only copy what is in front of him. ANYONE could learn Kaiten, but that takes too much time for too little result. Why would Sasuke spend years training in a fighting style he can't use well just to learn a technique he can only wield half-well? He could spend those years mastering a bunch of other techniques. It's more so that he could take the time, but why would he? Besides, the Kaiten isn't perfect. It is the second absolute defense to be proven as not absolute. If breached by a material that the Chakra cannot parry or if overpowered, it is rendered useless. It also takes up quite a bit of Chakra to utilize. Sasuke already has a technique that is highly demanding on him-- Chidori. Utilizing nothing except heavy-hitting-but-highly-demanding attacks will not help him; that's not his fighting style, and he most certainly does not have the Chakra capacity to use those techniques normally.

And Sasuke's speed may not prove advantageous since Neji has already dealt with an opponent who can fight just as fast.

-Yusef "The B.A.T." Pittman
fieryshadowcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 18:04   Link #228
FreakyEyes

Gaara got totally kicked and punched by Lee's speed, but hey he hadn't had to bother to use taijutsu at all before that, the frigging sand had always covered him. Neji in this case (though overall Gaara is even better :P) is on a whole another level. He isn't that slow either, and he is VERY skilled in close combat, so even if Sasuke has that speed I think Neji can defend himself quite well. Kaiten will protect him too.
I have to admit that I think it would be logical if chidori would cut through the kaiten. I mean, Kaiten makes chakra protect you equally from every angle, right? Chidori is focusing a hell of an amount of chakra on one spot. They even stress that Kakashi may do maybe 4 chidori per day and sasuke can do 2 and if they do more than that, they can die. Neji uses kaiten pretty often and lightly, it doesn't seem to be so dangerous to use (altought it surely looks like it spends some serious chakra). So chidori would cut through it, I think.
Still, wouldn't Kaiten throw Sasuke away? On top of that, if Neji does Hakke Rokuyuuyonshou, Sasuke couldn't of course use that fearsome chidori.
And yeah, Neji's hands can kill anyone in one second.
That was if Neji would have fought Sasuke for example in the Tournament or now in the anime. Before Sasuke learned chidori and his incredible speed, his two big advantages, he wouldn't even stand a chance against Neji (well, at least Neji would pretty probably win him).

Spoiler:
FreakyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 18:15   Link #229
yinstro

Um sasuke isnt quite as fast as rock lee, with his weights on, and wo opening any gates. neiji has already beat rock lee at lee's normal speeds. from what gai said and neiji's reaction, only the primary lotus was the real threat. to him. this is not a skill sasuke can use. also sharingan cant copy blood line abilities, or skills that make use of your bloodline abilities. there is nothing he can copy from neiji other than his overall fighting style. but neijis fighting style involves mostly the use of sending chakra through his hands which has to do with his byakugan and the ability to see the flow of chakra. also neiji's style is counter heavy, so predicting his moves with sharingan, or seeing them, isnt nearly as useful. Sgaringan also cannot see or manipulate the tenketsu. Sharingan is good for copying skills which involve a specific mix of chakra, and seals. Neiji's jutsus are all about skill and training, about manipulating the flow of chakra, he wont copy any of these techniques easily. for someone who is an expert at countering, chidori doesnt seem like a threat. his only skill of any use will be his katon techniques, and i cant see how that will turn the tide of battle. I say its hands down neiji, really the byakugan school seems designed to own the average uchiha it counters most their techniques naturally
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 18:16   Link #230
lotus_lee

Having just remembered that Neji has trained in the past with Rock Lee before, it has now become more difficult for me to decide. And of course, the most Chidoris Sasuke could ever do are probably 4, which Neji should be able to handle with his Kaiten. Also, he can control his chakra much better than Sasuke and he can perform the Hakke Rokujuuyonshou without being tired easily, something only a Hyuuga genius can do. I think it all depends on what other tricks they have up their sleeves. Neji has his 360 degrees vision and should always know where Sasuke is, plus his Taijutsu and chakra-sealing hits, while Sasuke has his jutsu-reading Sharingan and his potentially huge arsenal of jutsu. The Curse Seal is really making this unfair though because it grants so much power to Sasuke, which was demonstrated when he broke Zaku's arms in the forest.
Old 2004-08-03, 18:16   Link #231
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Well heres my opinion.

If they were to get in a fight with their current abilities, Sasuke would surely lose. Why? Its simple, Sharingan is above all a VERY versatile ability, one of its best abilities is to learn new jutsu with little work. The reason Sasuke was able to beat gaara (in the ring) is simply because sasuke trained jutsu to specifically hit Gaaras weak point.

Sure anyone could do this, but Sasuke was able to train against Gaaras weakpoints in less than a month. Now if Sasuke were paired up against Neji instead of Gaara, then i would bet he would train against Neji's weakpoints, and Kakashi would help him with this. This would result in Sasuke winning, with time given before any fight and knowledge of an opponent, a sharingan user has a HUGE advantage.

The problem with Neji is he is restricted to one fighting style, jyuuken, while Sasuke has an infinite amount of styles he could use. So while Sasuke can train against Nejis weak points, Neji can only train his jyuuken more.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 18:22   Link #232
yinstro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi
Well heres my opinion.

If they were to get in a fight with their current abilities, Sasuke would surely lose. Why? Its simple, Sharingan is above all a VERY versatile ability, one of its best abilities is to learn new jutsu with little work. The reason Sasuke was able to beat gaara (in the ring) is simply because sasuke trained jutsu to specifically hit Gaaras weak point.

Sure anyone could do this, but Sasuke was able to train against Gaaras weakpoints in less than a month. Now if Sasuke were paired up against Neji instead of Gaara, then i would bet he would train against Neji's weakpoints, and Kakashi would help him with this.

The problem with Neji is he is restricted to one fighting style, jyuuken, while Sasuke has an infinite amount of styles he could use. So while Sasuke can train against Nejis weak points, Neji can only train his jyuuken more.
um from the tone of your post i assume you meant sasuke would win, but really like i said above, sasuke really has no tools that neiji cant own. seriously if naruto can get some hits on sasuke with his taijutsu skills, neiji would abuse him. I'm not even saying that neiji is better than sasuke, just that sasukes abilities match up incredibly poorly with neiji's abilities
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 18:24   Link #233
FreakyEyes

Dauthi, there's kind of sense in your post. However, what would be this Neji's weak spot?
FreakyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 18:31   Link #234
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyEyes
Dauthi, there's kind of sense in your post. However, what would be this Neji's weak spot?
Hard to say, one we know of is
Spoiler:
They are there however, remember he has kakashi to help him, and im sure Kakashi knows plenty of weak points against a Hyuuga. Sasuke even without Kakashi's help might have been able to devise some ideas.
Old 2004-08-03, 18:33   Link #235
lotus_lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyEyes
Yea, I would like to know what this is as well. He actually seems like the most complete fighter in Naruto. Not only is he a genius, but he has worked extremely hard to defy all this Main and Branch house crap. If he had some sort of power behind him like a demon or a seal, he would be unstoppable.
Old 2004-08-03, 18:39   Link #236
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

You guys act as if Neji is invincible. Remember people thought the same about Gaara untill Sasuke pierced his impenetrable defense and gaara passed out. Sasuke really shouldnt be underrated.
Old 2004-08-03, 18:44   Link #237
lotus_lee

Quote:
You guys act as if Neji is invincible. Remember people thought the same about Gaara untill Sasuke pierced his impenetrable defense and gaara passed out. Sasuke really shouldnt be underrated.
The difference between Gaara and Neji's defences is that Neji's deflects chakra. So Sasuke may actually hurt himself when he uses Chidori on Neji. Of course, Neji does have to manually activate his so that's too bad.
Old 2004-08-03, 18:47   Link #238
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus_lee
The difference between Gaara and Neji's defences is that Neji's deflects chakra. So Sasuke may actually hurt himself when he uses Chidori on Neji. Of course, Neji does have to manually activate his so that's too bad.
Im not saying that he use Chidori by any means. Thats hypothetical whether it would work or not. I doubt he would have learned it if he fought Neji. The whole point of my post is that he/kakashi seen that Chidori was perfect for Gaaras defense, so thats what they used. Its very likely that he could have learned other jutsu that Hyuuga are naturally weak to.
Old 2004-08-03, 19:25   Link #239
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Im not saying that he use Chidori by any means. Thats hypothetical whether it would work or not. I doubt he would have learned it if he fought Neji. The whole point of my post is that he/kakashi seen that Chidori was perfect for Gaaras defense, so thats what they used. Its very likely that he could have learned other jutsu that Hyuuga are naturally weak to.
While Neiji already has techniques that the Sharingan should be weak to since it is a bloodline limit and can't be copied with the Sharingan not being to compensate for this massive advantage.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 19:40   Link #240
Ke0

Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Quote:
Well heres my opinion.

Sure anyone could do this, but Sasuke was able to train against Gaaras weakpoints in less than a month. Now if Sasuke were paired up against Neji instead of Gaara, then i would bet he would train against Neji's weakpoints, and Kakashi would help him with this. This would result in Sasuke winning, with time given before any fight and knowledge of an opponent, a sharingan user has a HUGE advantage.

While I agree with Sharingan's versitility, but almost all of Sasuke's main attacks are short range which as we all know is pointless against a Hyuuga, and he copied Lee's fighting style as his taijutsu style of choice, meaning every weak point Lee had and seeing that Neji knows Lee and his fighting style, he's going to know Sasuke's weak points, Sasuke may have, and seeing that Neji knows Lee and his fighting style.....What does Sasuke have over Neji?

While it's true Neji uses Jyuuken, he's in no way restricted to it, I mean most of Gouken based attacks, they attack weak points on the body, which ironically are where are lot of the major organs are (Read: Jyuuken) Neji has already shown us that he is just as good with Gouken based fighting as he is Jyuuken. He really isn't restricted at all, he can versititle as well, I mean being able to see around you, coupled in with some good Ninjutsu......you would own alot of Nins very quickly.

Also about Sasuke training against Neji's weak point, as pointed out by Gai, you need Open Gate speed to get past Neji's Byakugan, and we don't even know if that would indeed work, seeing as Lee and Neji never fought (I want to see that as well). Yes Sasuke with the help of Kakashi would figure out Neji's blindspot, how is Sasuke going to exploit it?
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote