AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-02-20, 15:42   Link #421
Sparvid
*hic*

Yui wrote Boiled Rice is a Side Dish (presumably a follow up to Curry Before Rice). Ui read it and decided to help her. This resulted in three songs, which went over great with the other girls. Yui claimed that Ui only helped her a tiny bit, but the others didn't buy that explanation.

Then Ui caught a cold, and while she was bedridden Yui by herself wrote U & I about the situation, which got an even better response.
So even if Ui is good at writing lyrics, Yui can do it as well.
Old 2010-02-20, 18:25   Link #422
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
Where is it revealed that Ui has better perfect pitch (can they even be "better"?)? I know Ui is talented in music and that they're siblings, but perfect pitch isn't your typical genetic trait (if it's related to genetics at all).

Unless it was revealed in a future manga chapter that I have not read.

How so?
Good at maths a year above her, good at guitar after a couple of tries, great cooking skills and well-liked.

She's pretty much a Mary Sue.
NinjaYali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 10:56   Link #423
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaYali View Post
Good at maths a year above her, good at guitar after a couple of tries, great cooking skills and well-liked.

So you're actually not sure, you just assume so because she has other desirable traits?

Last edited by babohtea; 2010-02-21 at 14:30.
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 10:07   Link #424
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaYali View Post

Ui really baffles me as a character. She's more talented guitar-wise, smarter, more active, even has a larger bust as according to Sawa-chan...yet she's a little sister who seems to have a creepy attraction to her OLDER sister in a cute, moe way, not the "Oh, I really respect her" way.

So I'm confused there. It feels like if you factor in Ui's talents, Yui's only talent is her super metabolism. ^^;
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 10:40   Link #425
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Perhaps thats why Ui is so good, she wants to impress Yui by being able to keep up with her even though she's younger...only problem is Yui's so lost in being lazy she never notices
If thats the case Ui should go spend some time with Sawako and learn to play solos etc

Note I've only watched the show and crept into the end of this thread. K-On might as well be called Music and Trope - The Anime.... tis all good fun.
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 13:43   Link #426
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Music and Trope - The Anime

Heh!! I ended up enjoying the series despite my lament of "needs more music" and I'll grant that's a great subtitle for it.
Old 2010-02-23, 15:07   Link #427
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

I think that sums up my feeling towards the anime as well, good fun, just wish it had more of the music itself in it! I enjoyed the episodes where there was a performance more than the others pretty consistantly across the series. Just wish it was as easy to play as the show makes it seem!

I think the way I described it elsewhere kinda summed up my feelings (bar the needing more band stuff) on it:

"Hmmm, embarressingly enough I've watched the entirety of K-On! in the last few days, after having it recommended because of how much I enjoy music. I dont think I've even seen clips of an anime anything like it before. Parts of me were cringing inside, but as a huge music guy, I just couldn't quite bring myself to not enjoy an anime fundamentally about bands and making music, with an element of comedy thrown on top.

Would have been a lot better if it's persued more of the rock/metal element that the story hinted it could a few times (especially as the ending is more of a raw j-rock style piece, and the video reminded me of an Alice Cooper/Marilyn Manson video!), but I enjoyed it. The 'friendly, innocent' teacher being a hidden rock/metal girl with some guitar skills was probably just a cherry on the cake"

Overall I enjoyed the show and will most likely watch the second season when it appears, but it doesnt compare in any form to the likes of Spice and Wolf which just got me hooked on a much deeper level (which was the first and only anime I've bought rather than rented, and have a copy of volume one with a second from RS with the slip cover on it's way etc), K-on's much lighter fun and thats what I enjoyed it as
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 01:10   Link #428
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
So you're actually not sure, you just assume so because she has other desirable traits?
A while back I did the internation mary sue litmus test, I got around 80 for Ui.
Old 2010-03-13, 14:04   Link #429
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

New chapter is out and 2 things I approve of

1. Mugi X Azunyan (b^.^)b
2. Yui/Ui X Nodoka (b^.^)b

butt pillow ftw!
Old 2010-03-13, 19:17   Link #430
ReddyRedWolf

With all the girls in third year Azusa should really start recruiting or she'll be all alone next year.

On another note Mio should really go out and meet new people. Ritsu, Yui, Mugi and Nodoka can't be the only friends she has.

Oh yeah their school is co-ed, right? They are practically boring in the romance department.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 01:07   Link #431
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

All girls school
Old 2010-03-14, 01:10   Link #432
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
So Yui and Ritsu finally got a C (and they were talking about different things like body fat percentages, probability of entering the school is 20% and TV view ratings of 40%).

Yui and Ui like snuggling people, no matter who (and Nodoka fell asleep).

Mio really misses them.

Mugi learns how to play guitar like Yui.
Old 2010-03-14, 01:14   Link #433
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Oh yeah their school is co-ed, right? They are practically boring in the romance department.
How can it be boring when Mio and Ritsu are blatantly flirting and making out with each other?

EDIT :

Ui pointing out indirect proof - Mathematical Induction?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2010-03-14 at 03:32.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 06:17   Link #434
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
So Yui and Ritsu finally got a C (and they were talking about different things like body fat percentages, probability of entering the school is 20% and TV view ratings of 40%).
Is it just me, or are Yui and Ritsu sorta turning into Sketchbook's Fuu and Ryou (except with a slightly closer connection to reality)?
Old 2010-03-14, 19:04   Link #435
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
New chapter is out and 2 things I approve of

1. Mugi X Azunyan (b^.^)b
2. Yui/Ui X Nodoka (b^.^)b

butt pillow ftw!
This is what happened afterwards between Mugi and Azusa.

Spoiler for What really happened after Page 4.:

Now damn you Kakifly, now I can't decide if I like YuixUixAzusa, MioxRitsuxNodoka or YuixUixNodoka better.

Old 2010-03-18, 17:08   Link #436
M.Marangio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Ui pointing out indirect proof - Mathematical Induction?
Indirect proof is proof by contradiction (if proposition p leads to a contradiction, not p must be true. If not p leads to a contradiction, p must be true).

Back on topic: A second anthology comic will be released on April 27, 2010 (ISBN 978-4-8322-7908-7, link).
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 17:28   Link #437
Sparvid
*hic*

I'm trying to figure out what it is that makes me prefer the manga art style over the animation designs. I think the simplified eyebrows might have something to do with it, since it's most notable on Yui and Ritsu (and especially on their "serious" faces), but maybe there's some subtle difference in various proportions that I only notice subconsiously...

The manga artwork sort of reminds me of the Moomin comics (and that's a good thing )
Old 2010-04-08, 08:35   Link #438
Serffix

Anyone wanna take a guess at what's going on here?

Spoiler for Manga spoiler:

Last edited by Serffix; 2010-04-08 at 10:53. Reason: Bigger pic
Serffix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 10:50   Link #439
Pachael
原作通り

tl;dr: Does Ricchan have a boyfriend?
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 03:02   Link #440
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachael View Post
tl;dr: Does Ricchan have a boyfriend?
It seems that could possibly be the case: Yui & Ritsu Second-Hand!? Otaku Shock at K-ON! Bombshell.

Brace yourselves for another shitstorm (same as the Nagi controversy), but this time from the hardcore K-ON! fans.

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life