AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-09, 14:03   Link #81
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Otaku
Yes, wasn't the main hero in Full metal Panic named Sagara Sasuke? Ive seen that name atleast in 3 other places in anime and manga
A better example might be from Shura no Toki, we are introduced to a ninja named Sasuke in ep 8 (in fact the "great Sasuke"). But yes, it does seem to be a 'historic' name for a ninja.
Old 2004-08-09, 14:16   Link #82
HoboGod
Necromancer

hey, this must be an anime show to celebrate, even our beloved Grumpy Mod joins the 2x2 = Shinobuden discusion. ^_^ *rewatches ep 5 for the festival dance song*
Old 2004-08-09, 14:19   Link #83
Green²
It's bacon!

Spoiler:

That's the second time that I've seen that in a anime. The first was on Battle Programmer SHIRASE.
Old 2004-08-09, 14:27   Link #84
Silent Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late
Sousuke, Sagara Sousuke.
Whoops

Domo
Old 2004-08-09, 18:04   Link #85
Lance

WHOOHOO! A summer festival episode! That's what I've been waiting for.

It's one of the most memorable summer festivals I've seen recently, along with the episodes of Yumeria and Mahoromatic.

OK... I must admit I danced in front of my monitor... but it couldn't be helped, because it was an order!
Old 2004-08-10, 05:00   Link #86
usbport
Universal Serial Bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
WHOOHOO! A summer festival episode! That's what I've been waiting for.

It's one of the most memorable summer festivals I've seen recently, along with the episodes of Yumeria and Mahoromatic.

OK... I must admit I danced in front of my monitor... but it couldn't be helped, because it was an order!
I love watching Shinobu have fantasies about Kaede.

I also love the way that little smiley face on the headband matches Shinobu's expressions.

Last edited by usbport; 2004-08-10 at 05:17.
Old 2004-08-10, 07:56   Link #87
Lance

Quote:
Originally Posted by usbport
I love watching Shinobu have fantasies about Kaede.
Yeah, me too... very cute indeed...
Spoiler:

Last edited by Lance; 2004-08-11 at 02:38.
Old 2004-08-10, 09:35   Link #88
MrMonkey
Meeeeeeee!!

I've only seen up to ep 2 so far (been waiting for Ayu's release) but from what I've seen, this seems to be a decent comedy anime

The end sequence is also too awesome for words.

How are DeathSquads subs? Are they as good as Ayu's? If they're ok I may consider getting thier release.
Old 2004-08-10, 09:39   Link #89
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Sagara Sousuke a Ninja??

Hahaha... a ninja with guns, and he did sounds abit like shinobu in shinobuden in sense of their Naiveness...
Old 2004-08-10, 09:40   Link #90
HoboGod
Necromancer

DeathSquad's subs aren't great, they don't have explinations for certain japanese jokes. But from what i've seen, neither dioes Ayu. So i would DEFINATELY say that DeathSquad are as good as Ayu now that the recent eps sub the OP.
Old 2004-08-10, 10:33   Link #91
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
I'm wondering about something: I've read in this thread that Seki Tomokazu voices "the doorman".

Does he voice all the Sasukes, or just a select few? They all look the same to me (and Kaede, apparently).
Old 2004-08-10, 13:54   Link #92
SCR512
Ayu/Eclipse Semi-Slave

Send a message via AIM to SCR512
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
DeathSquad's subs aren't great, they don't have explinations for certain japanese jokes. But from what i've seen, neither dioes Ayu. So i would DEFINATELY say that DeathSquad are as good as Ayu now that the recent eps sub the OP.
Huh... ep 2 we explained alot we also did explain some jokes in ep 1 unlike DS. Quality wise, of course we're better.. we're not speed subbers. Either way, DS or Ayu.. But then again I am very very baised.
Old 2004-08-10, 15:35   Link #93
HoboGod
Necromancer

ah, i didn't watch ep 2 of Ayu, just ep 1 and it seemed similar to how much DS put in. ^_^;;

i might d/l ep 2 just to see if you're right.
Old 2004-08-10, 18:27   Link #94
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
ah, i didn't watch ep 2 of Ayu, just ep 1 and it seemed similar to how much DS put in. ^_^;;

i might d/l ep 2 just to see if you're right.
Trust me, Ayu's translation is better. Get the DS version if you can't wait.
Old 2004-08-10, 23:01   Link #95
Itlandm
Porcupine

Nonsense ninjas. Jutsu that go awesomely wrong. Fast-paced pointless action. Good music. Definitely a must-see for anyone who has happened to watch anything ninja-related.

Onsokumaru seems to fit in a tradition, probably zen-inspired? of masters who are weird, seemingly stupid and overly interested in girls. The rabbit in Psychic Academy Aura comes to mind, and of course Kame-sennin in the early Dragonball manga. But the master is usually pretty good when things get really tough, I'm not sure if Onsokumaru can be really competent too ... there is the intriguing scene in the intro that seems to say that he can do it ... I love that intro, I play it over and over, to get into the right mindset before I play City of Heroes. ^_^ Crazy does it!
Old 2004-08-11, 04:28   Link #96
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm
Nonsense ninjas. Jutsu that go awesomely wrong. Fast-paced pointless action. Good music. Definitely a must-see for anyone who has happened to watch anything ninja-related.

Onsokumaru seems to fit in a tradition, probably zen-inspired? of masters who are weird, seemingly stupid and overly interested in girls. The rabbit in Psychic Academy Aura comes to mind, and of course Kame-sennin in the early Dragonball manga. But the master is usually pretty good when things get really tough, I'm not sure if Onsokumaru can be really competent too ... there is the intriguing scene in the intro that seems to say that he can do it ... I love that intro, I play it over and over, to get into the right mindset before I play City of Heroes. ^_^ Crazy does it!
Just watch Onsokomaru kick demon-sasuke ass in hell... (in episode 5)
Old 2004-08-12, 00:32   Link #97
Spar-Q

Send a message via ICQ to Spar-Q Send a message via MSN to Spar-Q
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakbay
LOL! I think I'll continue! if this show is a rant against Naruto...it's awesome
I was gonna say... I don't know alot about the whole shinobi thing in japan, but first thing I recognized in ep1 of this was the fishnet 'tights' if you wanna call it that... (except shinobu has it under her shirt)... Wondering if that is just in naruto (and this anime is making fun of naruto.. hell, they even have the hand seals and all) or is it actually part of history?
Old 2004-08-12, 03:36   Link #98
HoboGod
Necromancer

yep, ancient ninjas used hand seals to meditate and mold spiritual energy. The fishnets and bandages were also generally associated with ancient ninjas.

Although, the way that hand seals create smoke and magic is most definately a parody of naruto.
Old 2004-08-12, 04:25   Link #99
Kiro
chocolate overdose

up to now i'd have to say that i didn't really see any parody of naruto but maybe general making fun of the whole ninja genre (granted, there aren't that many ninja-series at the moment). if they made a little fun of naruto, then it was subtile imho and not very blatant. (i wouldn't mind either way, allthough i still follow naruto)
Old 2004-08-12, 05:01   Link #100
HoboGod
Necromancer

Some parody every now and then is always great. I love to read the naruto manga. And to a point, I love to watch the naruto anime. But being able to make fun of something you love is a mark of those who have sence of humor. ^_^

As for if this reference to ninja was made to be parody of naruto directly, it is almost absolutly certain. Alot of anime shows were made parody in this show, and judging by the mainstream popularity of naruto, it would be the most ideal to parodize.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, seinen