AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-07, 16:03   Link #521
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

yes.. thats the dumb part XD
Old 2011-06-07, 16:33   Link #522
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Well, you see, this is the problem.

I didn't fall for Bioware's "trap." I played ME1, I saw the horrible shit with Jack and also Project Overlord. So no, I knew the smell of Cerberus's true intentions, and I knew that it stunk like dead things. I didn't fall for the "trap."

BUT MY SHEPARD DID. AND THAT'S WHAT HAS ME FACEPALMING.

Even a Paragon Shepard just whines a little bit about Cerberus's methods and yet still follows them. A Renegade Shepard basically starts slobbing Cerberus's knob.

There is no "be rebellious, this is a trap" option, and that's what has me raging. We're forced to either grudgingly or wholeheartedly accept Cerberus as an ally in ME2. We don't have the option to sabotage them along the way, work with the Alliance in secret to break their power. In ME2, no matter what "trap" Bioware had planned, Cerberus are the "good guys" by default--only because we cannot oppose them at all.

Edit: To be perfectly honest I'm more angry about the fact that Bioware still can't do moral ambiguity. No matter what, they can't shed black and white morality. Why does a renegade Shepard have to support Cerberus and agree with their methods? Why can't I be an asshole AND want to kill Cerberus at the same time? Why can't I be a good asshole
You can, my Shepard told the Illusive Man at the end and I'm paraphrasing things here "If you piss me off I shall muck up your shit", also there are tiny little parts of ME2 where you can choose to withhold information from Cerberus I can only partly remember 1 mission though so I don't know if there was many opportunities.

My point is we should reserve judgement on whether not the writing is good or bad when we actually have the writing and are not just filling in the gaps for ourselves, for all we know it could something like the Illusive Man going the way of the geths, he's so entranced in the dominance of humanity and their evolution he could be working with the Reapers to further their evolution and maintain dominance.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 20:47   Link #523
Key Board
Carbon

Well I've heard that the original plan of ME2 was to have the the original Geth revive Shepard as a cyborg
Shepard would awaken in a Geth base as it is being attacked by the heretic Geth faction
Legion would be an early team member

The plan was scrapped in favor of the Cerberus plotline because they wanted a more human connection and because fans threw a hissy fit over the very early images of cyborg face shepard
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 03:00   Link #524
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I think I like the original idea better. The geth were always the most fascinating part of the Mass Effect universe, in my opinion.
Old 2011-06-08, 05:14   Link #525
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The human connection thing I can understand, but it's sad that such a great idea was killed by fanrage. If fans had shown their support for the idea, Bioware would have been much more motivated to go along with it. *sigh* Oh well, let's hope there's still some Geth action in ME3.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 05:24   Link #526
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The human connection thing I can understand, but it's sad that such a great idea was killed by fanrage. If fans had shown their support for the idea, Bioware would have been much more motivated to go along with it. *sigh* Oh well, let's hope there's still some Geth action in ME3.
Geth on Geth action? Now this I ca- oh wai-
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 13:31   Link #527
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Cyborg Shepard with a a terminator style half a face?

No.....Sorry no....
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 13:48   Link #528
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Anyone notice male sheps improved VAing?
Old 2011-06-08, 13:49   Link #529
Alchemist007
*Author

Not really :P

It's funny that I didn't think he was that bad until I heard the criticism comparing to Femshep (in previous game).
Old 2011-06-08, 13:50   Link #530
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I notice no change, but then I've never been really disappointed with Shep's VA to begin with.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 14:17   Link #531
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

No he was never that bad, and the people who say fem shep is way better are giving her WAY ttoo much credit. She sounds exactly like male shep... except she's.. a she.
Old 2011-06-08, 14:29   Link #532
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
No he was never that bad, and the people who say fem shep is way better are giving her WAY ttoo much credit. She sounds exactly like male shep... except she's.. a she.
And there's the critical difference right there sonny boy....
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 14:53   Link #533
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I mean she sounds like if meer was a woman...bah I can't really discribe it XD.

...meaning their about equal in VAing ...skill...
Old 2011-06-08, 15:44   Link #534
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
I really couldn't care less if the male voice acting is better then the female one or vice versa. I'm glad that they both sound, how should I say this... they fit right for their role? I mean, they sound badass and when they talk they radiate with confidence and wisdom which is the important thing for a person who is saving the galaxy. My opinion anyway.
Old 2011-06-08, 16:05   Link #535
Alchemist007
*Author

Oh I definitely think he does Male Shep justice.
Old 2011-06-08, 19:20   Link #536
Who

Don't think anyone posted the live chat/explanation of customization that was held today, so here you guys go. It's the same footage of the krogan princess level, and the initial Earth level BUT with a LOT more explanations. And a Q/A session.

http://live-event.ea.com/e3/chat/mass-effect
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 21:31   Link #537
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Screenshots of the Squad and Weapons Customization options

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 02:14   Link #538
Aqua Knight

Will there be armor customization?
Old 2011-06-09, 02:49   Link #539
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

If they have weapon customization, I would hope that they do. Also counting on what they said with the enemies getting stronger.
Old 2011-06-09, 03:32   Link #540
Aqua Knight

Specifically, I was asking about the companion customization. The guy in the live broadcast had a quite vague answer about it. But I've heard that there's an alternative appearance pack for ME3 announced, so we won't be able to change squadmates' looks.

Customization was one of the best things in the first game. Though inventory was a complete mess, I liked spending time on putting rounds upgrades (radioactive were my favourite) and armor upgrades like increased health regeneration or more shields and those upgrades were visible. Why did they remove the omni-tool,grenade, tech or biotic implant upgrades as well?

And the skill system. Will only the feats like combat mastery have this many upgrades or all skills/feats will have this expanded upgrades?

Yeah, I agree with ME2 decision that not all classes can carry all types of weapons, but then make the customization system better.

Last edited by Aqua Knight; 2011-06-09 at 03:54.
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
effect, games, mass