AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-19, 07:32   Link #2941
Aesthetic Shampoo

Is abrupt the word of the day now?

The chapter was perfect but it truly was a horrible ending. It would have been perfect as a second last chapter instead, with the last one showing what happened to everyone else at their wedding or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Granted, the journey there was great, but I'm just left with an unsatisfied feeling.
It strikes me that this is the feeling Mashiro and Azuki will have a few months into their married life
Old 2012-04-19, 07:38   Link #2942
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Is it confirmed that there will no epilogue?
Old 2012-04-19, 07:46   Link #2943
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
How is my criticism ridiculous? The "Reversi" ending was terrible, and now the Bakuman ending isn't decent as well. Also, this is forum. Everyone has the right to expressing his own opinion and though about it.

Yeah, it is their works. They can finish or do whatever they want with their works, but this doesn't mean that they are free from criticism. Reviews and movies critic existed for a reason.
Good to know you missed the part I was pointing out, and considering the length of the post I was quoting, I didn't think it would be that difficult.

You said you think, "the writer cannot write a proper ending at all". This is what I took issue with. How do you determine what a "proper" ending is? I was pointing out that the only thing you're basing that on is your own preferences. Just because you didn't like it doesn't really give any reason for one to automatically jump to "this person doesn't know how to write an ending".

In retrospect, if you take the very fact the "Reversi" ending was the way it was, one could argue that it foreshadowed how this was going to end. Especially when you pair that reasoning with other things like the hints and discussions the duo were having about "Reversi" in general near the end.

You're not even bothering to think of why things are the way they are. This being axed was one thing, but again, the authors chose to end it this way. That speaks volumes being in a magazine like JUMP.
Old 2012-04-19, 07:49   Link #2944
kakakka

I thought they already showed each characters the other chapter?

But then again, who could resist Hiramaru and Aoki's wedding.
Old 2012-04-19, 07:51   Link #2945
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
You're not even bothering to think of why things are the way they are. This being axed was one thing, but again, the authors chose to end it this way. That speaks volumes being in a magazine like JUMP.
and it is sucks. That is how I felt when I read it.
Old 2012-04-19, 07:57   Link #2946
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
and it is sucks. That is how I felt when I read it.
Yes, I realize that. Again, that wasn't the main issue of my post.
Old 2012-04-19, 08:02   Link #2947
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
The chapter was perfect but it truly was a horrible ending. It would have been perfect as a second last chapter instead, with the last one showing what happened to everyone else at their wedding or something.
Epilogues are overrated (aka western/not Japanese). If you have been watching anime for a while you'll notice this is a trend in most Anime series: Most anime endings majorly suck by our standards, but in the end it's just a matter of expectations.
Old 2012-04-19, 08:30   Link #2948
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Heh, you'd think a series with as many likeable secondary characters would showcase them more in the last chapter, but we got thrown for a loop. Kinda makes sense considering the way they were all shown in the penultimate chapter. Woulda liked to have seen the wedding, but there will probably be en epilogue chapter in the final volume release. Kinda abrupt, but fitting.
Old 2012-04-19, 09:00   Link #2949
Enishi

I read each line of the last chapter two or three times. At the words “Marry me”, I had a heart attack! Though, I’m a bit confused: the store’s ended too suddenly. I’m feeling that I’m unsatisfied…
Old 2012-04-19, 09:01   Link #2950
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

That's it?
Old 2012-04-19, 09:03   Link #2951
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

They end the manga with the two least likable, boring characters in the entire series. In a way I'm glad that it's over but I valued the other characters so much more because they just didn't seem as one dimensional.

Ah well.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2012-04-19, 09:13   Link #2952
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

wait that was end 0_o. i thought it second to last chapter or something

Old 2012-04-19, 09:23   Link #2953
Qilin
Romanticist

Well then. Now that this series is over at last, I can move on to other things. To repeat things I've already said, the show had a unique premise and the early arcs were good, but then it steadily became worse as the plot stagnated into useless arcs and characters. That said, I'm glad they're finally giving this an end.

As for the final chapter, I have to resonate the sentiment that it was terribly lacking. Firstly, the moment of Mashiro and Azuki uniting was rather underwhelming. Well, maybe not so much, but the absence of just about any other character in it made it feel rather empty. And more importantly, what about the supporting characters? Not even a bone for them? The cameos from the previous chapter were hardly sufficient, I'd say. So many loose ends left behind... Kind of sad really.

As much as I dislike Takagi, doesn't he even get a final word? Meh.
Old 2012-04-19, 10:44   Link #2954
Valky
Radioactive

The kiss at the end is kinda sweet, but I'm disappointed to unable to see their wedding ..

Well, it was a fun ride, I'm expecting their another work.
Old 2012-04-19, 11:11   Link #2955
larethian

There might be an epilogue in the tankoubon if there are not enough chapters to fill up a volume. And given how abrupt this is, there probably will be one (just guessing though).

As to my thoughts on the series, I have a number of comments to make, but I'm too tired now......
Old 2012-04-19, 11:30   Link #2956
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I don't get it, was it axed or was it their decision to end it?
Old 2012-04-19, 11:45   Link #2957
ZeroForever

given the popularity and anime series, they most likely choose to end it.

i agree it feels a bit to sudden and doesn't explain the rest of the cast but realistically there wasn't that much more to explore. Still I agree if there was one more chapter with general exposition on the other characters and life goes one type scenario I probably would have liked it better.
Old 2012-04-19, 11:46   Link #2958
Soverence

I felt that it was a suitable ending, the story was always really about their dream, even if at times it seemed to take a background it was always there. So for the manga to end with their dream finally being realized it seems like a very suitable end to me, anymore would come off as filler to me.

As for the manga as a whole, I thought that the characters were all pretty interesting to say the least (If not some of them just plain out weird, but I liked that about the characters).

I see some people complaining about all the side characters not getting any time in the final chapter, my question is why would they? All of their stories were wrapped up pretty well in the previous chapters in my opinion, what more would you want to see? Them congratulating the two? Negi making more Manga (like you need to see that, the final declaration of "War" was a suitable final scene for him, cause he was the rival through it all). As I said, anymore from them would be buffer, usually mangas wrap up the side characters stories in the final chapter, but Bakuman has been doing it for the past five chapters or so.

Overall, Bakuman was probably one of the better things I have read in recent years, if not for its unique premise then the fact that I found all the characters to be very like-able, if not a little unrealistic.
Old 2012-04-19, 12:04   Link #2959
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I'll say this much, Bakuman at least taught me a whole lot about how the manga industry works.
Old 2012-04-19, 12:08   Link #2960
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

What I wanted and expected to see:

Miho in her gown standing at the alter.
Miyoshi in a bridesmaid gown.
Eiji showering flowers.
Hiramaru silliness.
Takagi in more than a flashback.
The honeymoon with Miho venting 24 years worth of sexual repression and Mashiro trying to survive it.
If not that than at least a hug, a clinch, more than a chaste kiss separated by an iron gate.

Any or all of that would have been fun.
But most of all what was missing was manga. The last line in the series should have definitely been, "OK Shuujin, what do we want to draw next?"
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, shounen