AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-07-07, 12:09   Link #221
csuree
The Most Hated™

Same here... there were some good moments though.....i kinda hated it....(i should have punched those a$$holes in the face in 5th grade, they would have thinked twice to mess with me, and then i wouldn't had become a nerdy kid, and my high school days would have been good too).. iwas like i don't care if they bully me as long as i leave it they will stop.....they didn't..
and to hell with my policy of i won't fight.....
nowadays i'm like that and no one bullies me, they respect me, but HS years left me with somthing i can't shake off easily....shyness, and bad social skills....so i'm kinda like a loner now. though i'm trying hard to change myself.
Old 2012-07-07, 15:33   Link #222
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

Still in Senior School for me. I really find it average. Since I like in the UK I can say that it is great for what I do with my friends outside of school. In my age at the moment, you can probably do many things you couldn't do when you were little. On the other hand, if it was academic, it is horrible. I can't seem to focus on English, PE GCSE, couple of Science subjects and SOMETIMES Business Studies. It's probably because I seem to have a busy life. Still, the subjects are hard. I can say I do have friends but I don't normally get invited to house parties which sometimes worries me
In my school, we use laptops (provided) and that's great. The BAD thing is that I can't do anything with it because they installed Securus and they are the administrators of the laptops making me unable to install any programs I want. I would have to find portable versions of the program for it to work. The laptops also have a terrible graphics card making me unable to play games. The best it could go to is probably Team Fortress 2 (Map: Orange x3). Yep I know, what a horrible graphics card. Using it was really easy though. At least programs like Photoshop is given with it so I can use it for my signature works!
Old 2012-07-07, 16:27   Link #223
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

High school was really fun. I could have made more of it but I still enjoyed it.
Old 2012-07-07, 20:00   Link #224
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

High School was decent solely due the that fact that it wasn't nearly as bad of an experience as middle school. It was still pretty meh overall, and I ending up not really keeping contact with anyone from it .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 20:30   Link #225
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

It was all right I guess, didn't really do anything spectacular. I got along fine with most people besides those who were blatant assholes for the sake of being a asshole. Junior year was my favorite year. Didn't really care about the proms...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 02:36   Link #226
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Maddy View Post
High school for me can only be summarized in 2 words: Absolute shit.
^ this.

University was awesome, but highschool was the most boring and useless time in my life, spent with most stupid people I've ever met.
Old 2012-07-08, 03:02   Link #227
Metaler

Most people from my high school days hate me like a plague. I like it that way.
Metaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 03:16   Link #228
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaler View Post
Most people from my high school days hate me like a plague. I like it that way.
I'm in the opposite way back on highschool and college... but when it comes to works its the opposite again?!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 03:25   Link #229
Metaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I'm in the opposite way back on highschool and college... but when it comes to works its the opposite again?!
Well, at least I'm good friends with people from my elementary school days.

But still, it's pretty problematic because all the people from high school live in the same neighborhood as me, so when I stumble upon them outside it ends up into an awkward "Oh uuh, hi there... Yeah, we should go out some time."
Old 2012-07-09, 03:08   Link #230
Haladflire65
*Artist

I've just graduated last month and I kind of miss school already, as weird as it may sound. I had a great high school experience - half a year of it in Tokyo, which was quite amazing, and three more in a great boarding school where I made tons of friends from all over the world. I quite enjoyed a lot of my classes and teachers. It was a very protected environment compared to most though, so I am a bit worried about plunging into university this September.
Old 2012-07-09, 16:00   Link #231
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

One more year~ Then I can plan my future college~
Old 2012-07-10, 02:25   Link #232
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Only in the 1st year, dropped out, for financial and personal reasons , never looked back
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 03:24   Link #233
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
I am surprised by the amount of "Oh it sucked!"/"Miserable!" responses. As an elementary school student, you guys are scaring me. Seriously! I thought everyone loved their high school experience.
Old 2012-07-10, 04:47   Link #234
Aesthetic Shampoo

Highschool? Shit. Just started University, finding it slightly better than highschool but still shit. But man, primary school? The shit
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 05:53   Link #235
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Highschool is ass boring. American TV shows lied.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 10:01   Link #236
Paradoxine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
I am surprised by the amount of "Oh it sucked!"/"Miserable!" responses. As an elementary school student, you guys are scaring me. Seriously! I thought everyone loved their high school experience.
Don't worry, there's more or less two types of student. Those who do well in high school and those who don't. You'll probably get on fine. Bear in mind that people are more likely to throw their $0.02 in if they had a bad experience.
Paradoxine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 21:52   Link #237
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
One thing I should say here is that my school situation was pretty unusual, in that all my school years - From K to 12 - Were spent going to the same large school (it basically had two large sections: One for K to 6, and one for 7 to 12, but the two sections shared gym facilities and it was all interconnected).

So by the time I was in Grade 7, there was quite a degree of comfortable familiarity shared amongst my classmates, and I already knew well the students a year or two older than me. You'd get the odd transfer student due to somebody moving into town, but other than that it was mostly familiar faces and long-time friends.

So high school was pretty good. I was on good terms with most of my classmates, friends with a few of them, and friends with a few people in grades above and below me.

Grades 7 through 9 was a blast, largely since the actual school work side of things came easy to me in those years.

Grades 10 and 11 were significantly harder as the workload increased substantially then, and it was only then that my classmates and I encountered comprehensive Mid-Terms and Finals (these actually didn't exist for us in Grades 7 through 9).

Grade 12 was great though. I had managed to get used to the increased workload by then, and I enjoyed being in a few leadership positions during my last year of high school. It was also neat getting to graduate from school the same year my father retired from teaching - So we were leaving the school at the same time.

If I had my time back, there's some things I would have done differently. I probably would have socialized more. Most school-days I just headed home and played video games and watched TV by myself. I was never much into sports, and in most respects, I was a typical nerd. After watching so many high school-based anime, I sometimes think that I should have socialized a bit more regularly back then. I wasn't shy, certainly, but I really valued my free time, kind of like Oreki in Hyouka, now that I think of it.
Old 2012-07-10, 22:46   Link #238
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
Not sure if trolling, or actually still in primary school O_O;
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 22:50   Link #239
Dr. Casey

He's kidding. A 10 year old posting on message boards is uncommon enough, but if he was really so young, he'd have registered on AnimeSuki when he was five, and his early posts don't read like a preschooler's.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 03:50   Link #240
Metaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
Highschool is ass boring. American TV shows lied.
Well, there's also that little thing called the Status Quo...