It'd be *really* cool if there were a finite small chance of it exploding
Old 2012-08-16, 23:21   Link #3023
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
It'd be *really* cool if there were a finite small chance of it exploding
The Dovahkiin: Now with 100% less fingers and 85% less face.
Old 2012-08-17, 00:06   Link #3024
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
The mod I've been waiting for since forever has finally come out. I don't care how immersion breaking it is; you can blame the Dwemer for being so smart.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/22545/ (Dwemer rifle)
FFS what the hell is that holding the gun!?
Old 2012-08-17, 00:17   Link #3025
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
FFS what the hell is that holding the gun!?
One of those extra wretched "anime mods" ... don't get me wrong, there's a few that are interesting (some of the Saber gear, etc) but most of them are just bleh looking like that face.

When porting an idea into a game, adapting the style is important... for example, my Rockband character versus my Skyrim mage which I think is a fair example:

Old 2012-08-17, 00:24   Link #3026
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Which hair mod is that? Appachi? Also, what robe?
Old 2012-08-17, 00:40   Link #3027
Saito123

Are there any good anime mods for skyrim?
Saito123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 02:38   Link #3028
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Some of the Saber armor mods actually look pretty good... but in general, most of them suck. Not only because of immersion breaking but because the textures and meshes are train wrecks. They often just appear pasted on the screen.... of course, that goes for quite a few regular mods as well, especially the "stripper armor" crap. Lots of crap to sift through to find the occasional good stuff.

As for my mage in response to Mr.H&C -- she's using a hairstyle from the Fallout import hair packs I'm pretty sure (I use both the Apachi and the Fallout mods)
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10168
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17993
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/18220

The outfit is the Shredded Triss gear without the hat... it is very not-Nord but then she's a Breton. When I'm using somewhat exotic gear, I only use it on "foreigners" (Breton, Redguard, dark elf, etc).
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4708

I think one of my favorite armor mods is still the warchief gear.... my redguard 2h warrior looks sincerely dangerous in it. (that's a redesigned Lydia next to her, 1h/shield/archer with personality/AI mods)
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13366
Old 2012-08-17, 03:17   Link #3029
Mr Hat and Clogs

personality mod?

Also, is she just tall... or is your character shorter then normal? Either way, your Lydia does look pretty bad ass, or just plain mean. I could see some possible shades of the Elric Brothers with mixups between the two of you over who's really the Dovakhiin.

Was considering playing a priest after this playthrough with my Exiled-noble-from-Cyrodil-Vampire-Lord. Just not sure if I should go something like a Miko, or go the old fashion heavy armor sword and board Cleric (if Dunmar, of Lloth).
Old 2012-08-17, 03:30   Link #3030
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
personality mod?
If you use the NPC editor mod, you can alter just about anything, including the level of aggression, the personality type, voice, skills, idle animations, as well as the appearance. Altering the AI is tricky -- I've had a few NPCs "go insane" and had to pull out the changes while I was testing it.

Quote:
Also, is she just tall... or is your character shorter then normal? Either way, your Lydia does look pretty bad ass, or just plain mean. I could see some possible shades of the Elric Brothers with mixups between the two of you over who's really the Dovakhiin.
My mage is scaled to 0.92 so yeah, she's a "petite loli" just like her Rockband counterpart. Heh, sometimes my character is deciding what to do or fiddling with weapons and Lydia just storms in. There's a confidence setting for NPCs and she's set to "aggressive" (one step below "reckless").

Lydia_2.0 is scaled to 0.95 so she's a bit taller than the mage but still a sprite with the Redguard.
You can get a scale sense with this pic of them and a Whiterun guard:

My Redguard is scaled to 1.05 (?) standing a head over most Nords but she's fairly slender.

Quote:
Was considering playing a priest after this playthrough with my Exiled-noble-from-Cyrodil-Vampire-Lord. Just not sure if I should go something like a Miko, or go the old fashion heavy armor sword and board Cleric (if Dunmar, of Lloth).
I guess that depends on what you like to shout at the screen as you confront Eeeeeevillllll.
Old 2012-08-17, 03:33   Link #3031
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saito123 View Post
Are there any good anime mods for skyrim?

Not really sure if you'd find a full on "anime" mod. To get an "anime" like visual it would probably require extensive "searching" at skyrim nexus. I basically went through "weapons" and "armor" top 100 and just browsed through like every mod. Of course you would also need graphical/visual mods to spice it up. I've seen some really intense looking final fantasy-type characters. Looks JUST like the 3D movie, pretty epic. Took me forever to tweak out my graphics/visuals but it looks like true "3D", just need to find some good outfits/weapons now

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 06:22   Link #3032
Mr Hat and Clogs

[QUOTE=Vexx;4308855]If you use the NPC editor mod, you can alter just about anything, including the level of aggression, the personality type, voice, skills, idle animations, as well as the appearance. Altering the AI is tricky -- I've had a few NPCs "go insane" and had to pull out the changes while I was testing it./QUOTE]

Hah, might have to get that mod. I think you can edit looks with the console in game though.

Quote:
My mage is scaled to 0.92 so yeah, she's a "petite loli" just like her Rockband counterpart. Heh, sometimes my character is deciding what to do or fiddling with weapons and Lydia just storms in. There's a confidence setting for NPCs and she's set to "aggressive" (one step below "reckless").

Lydia_2.0 is scaled to 0.95 so she's a bit taller than the mage but still a sprite with the Redguard.
You can get a scale sense with this pic of them and a Whiterun guard:

My Redguard is scaled to 1.05 (?) standing a head over most Nords but she's fairly slender.
Nice, is that done with a console command?

Quote:
I guess that depends on what you like to shout at the screen as you confront Eeeeeevillllll.
"SWORD MEET EVIIIL, EVIL MEET SWOORD!
Old 2012-08-17, 11:53   Link #3033
sa547
*Author

I went full-hog by adding more mods:

The taverns are awfully empty, so there's a mod to throw in a lot of party people; another to expand hamlets into self-contained communities; another that adds banking and financial facilities, and so on, mods to extend immersion and all.

(On the mod list, I redacted a particular mod because of its naughty nature. )

But most of them could bring down the system, especially mods with big-ass textures, so I used a tool called Optimizer Texures (sic) to improve memory usage and performance.

Anyhow, after some tweaks (I'm using CBBE and a hair mod, and in conjunction with DG's "facial surgery" NPC), I'm happy with the way Svetlana turned out:

Quest-wise, I found it best and enjoyable to pace myself easy with DG by taking those side-quests; trying to go through the main DG quest too quickly kind of loses the entertainment factor of the game.
Old 2012-08-17, 13:36   Link #3034
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Quote:
If you use the NPC editor mod, you can alter just about anything, including the level of aggression, the personality type, voice, skills, idle animations, as well as the appearance. Altering the AI is tricky -- I've had a few NPCs "go insane" and had to pull out the changes while I was testing it.
Hah, might have to get that mod. I think you can edit looks with the console in game though.
Nice, is that done with a console command?
The NPCs can be scaled with the editor (or a console command).
Editor tool mod: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4554
It is run outside of the game and you can select mod files to manipulate as well as the main game files.

Your character is most easily scaled with a console command

The "everything" console commands: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/C...s_%28Skyrim%29

Specific command (and note the effects on combat):
Quote:
setscale <value>

Sets the scale of an object. 1 is the default, if no object is selected, applies to player character.
  • NOTE: When used on any NPC (including the player), it increases or decreases the speed and damage that he can do, depending on the value used.For instance, if a NPC's scale is 2 and a smaller value of setscale is used, his speed and attack strength will decrease and vice-versa.
It also affects how far they can jump. My "loli mage", for example, simply can't clear a leap in one dungeon to get to a treasure chest. I don't recommend going under 0.85 or above 1.1 for a variety of play reasons.

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-08-18 at 01:45.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 01:40   Link #3035
Mr Hat and Clogs

Mmm Interesting mod, I shall have a looksie at it.

That's kind of amusing about the body size affecting damage and attack speed. Not something I'd have thought they'd tie to it. But pretty cool though. I assume you can still WW jump across gaps though? Makes for an amusing... RP or something.

Mmm I like that Triss armor, it looks awesome, although it appears to be less armor then my Snow Elf armor.
Old 2012-08-18, 01:47   Link #3036
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Mmm Interesting mod, I shall have a looksie at it.

That's kind of amusing about the body size affecting damage and attack speed. Not something I'd have thought they'd tie to it. But pretty cool though. I assume you can still WW jump across gaps though? Makes for an amusing... RP or something.

Mmm I like that Triss armor, it looks awesome, although it appears to be less armor then my Snow Elf armor.
My mage just marked the location and later came back when she had a levitate spell Yeah, the texturing is pretty nice and since it comes in pieces you can use several mods and create your own look.
Old 2012-08-18, 02:09   Link #3037
Mr Hat and Clogs

Levitate spell? How did I not know of that..

Or do you mean telekinesis?
Old 2012-08-18, 03:13   Link #3038
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Levitate spell? How did I not know of that..

Or do you mean telekinesis?
Ah sorry, that's mod (forgot about it being a mod)
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12930
Old 2012-08-18, 04:37   Link #3039
Mr Hat and Clogs

Ahh, nice.. although that's more of a reverse summoning than a proper levitation, but def handy. I might get the bat form skill (not sure if it can be used in human form yet though). It lets you turn into a swarm of bats and fly around. Obviously a vampire thing.
Old 2012-08-18, 10:23   Link #3040
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Ahh, nice.. although that's more of a reverse summoning than a proper levitation, but def handy. I might get the bat form skill (not sure if it can be used in human form yet though). It lets you turn into a swarm of bats and fly around. Obviously a vampire thing.
Yeah, I like the vampire lord perks.... I'm just not fond of the "hideous monster" appearance (yeah,yeah, but I just have certain vews on vampires).

Hard to be seductive when you look like a naked mole rat with wings

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim