AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-22, 01:26   Link #2741
Clarste
Human

I'd say there's still a gap. There's nothing "left hanging" from the previous arc that the new arc exists to resolve. For example, at the end of the Hunter Exam arc Killua was in trouble so they had to rescue him. And then they went to the tower to train to be able to give Hisoka his tag back. And then there was a brief break when they went home and discovered Greed Island. Then Yorknew happened, which at least partially revolved around trying to earn money for Greed Island. Then they played Greed Island.

Essentially, each arc tends to have background plot that forms the lead to the next arc. This one... doesn't. Gon came up with a brilliant plan to find Ging, but apparently Ging thought of it too and planned a countermeasure. Now Gon is with Kite and that's it. He has nothing in particular to do with Kite, and no more leads to take him to Ging. They have no long term plans to be anywhere in the future, and no specific goals like punching Hisoka. It's most like the time they visited Whale Island, but even that had some background plots.

This is the first clean break the series has had.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 09:54   Link #2742
SHINOBI-03

Now as we've passed the old series content, will it be okay to post manga comparisons here again instead of the other thread?
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 00:30   Link #2743
teja208
Critical fanboy

LOL the op is becoming nothing more than a self-perody at this point. Trying to fit "Departure" into the CA arc is totally rediculous.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 02:51   Link #2744
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't think it's impossible. They just didn't do very well.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 23:12   Link #2745
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Another slower episode, but with the cards in play and the human-chimera ant now on the attack, I'm thinking Gon and Killua will actually be getting into some action next week... hopefully. The plot seems interesting, oh and those kids dying may be the most grim thing I've seen in HxH Looks like this arc might kick up the drama a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I'd say there's still a gap. There's nothing "left hanging" from the previous arc that the new arc exists to resolve. For example, at the end of the Hunter Exam arc Killua was in trouble so they had to rescue him. And then they went to the tower to train to be able to give Hisoka his tag back. And then there was a brief break when they went home and discovered Greed Island. Then Yorknew happened, which at least partially revolved around trying to earn money for Greed Island. Then they played Greed Island.

Essentially, each arc tends to have background plot that forms the lead to the next arc. This one... doesn't. Gon came up with a brilliant plan to find Ging, but apparently Ging thought of it too and planned a countermeasure. Now Gon is with Kite and that's it. He has nothing in particular to do with Kite, and no more leads to take him to Ging. They have no long term plans to be anywhere in the future, and no specific goals like punching Hisoka. It's most like the time they visited Whale Island, but even that had some background plots.

This is the first clean break the series has had.
I think you're right, and that's why these past two exposition episodes have felt a little unusual. The pace hasn't slowed down this much in any previous arcs. On the upside, I think this slow build may be leading to the most action-packed adventure for Gon and Killua yet. Seems they may actually be playing a 'hero' role this time fighting a real menacing enemy that's endangering lots of people.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 23:37   Link #2746
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Quote:
I think this slow build may be leading to the most action-packed adventure for Gon and Killua yet. Seems they may actually be playing a 'hero' role this time fighting a real menacing enemy that's endangering lots of people.
One thing I worry about with this arc is that it is going to start a little slow. If people can get through it, they are going to see Killua and Gon participate in the first real high-stakes pro-hunter shitstorm of their lives. Right now it's going to be a little bit like the beginning to Apocalypse Now where everything is all "Saigon, I can't believe I'm still in Saigon" but before you know it we are all going to be in the "shit".
Old 2013-04-28, 00:02   Link #2747
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPurePureBoy View Post
One thing I worry about with this arc is that it is going to start a little slow. If people can get through it, they are going to see Killua and Gon participate in the first real high-stakes pro-hunter shitstorm of their lives. Right now it's going to be a little bit like the beginning to Apocalypse Now where everything is all "Saigon, I can't believe I'm still in Saigon" but before you know it we are all going to be in the "shit".
Ugh, your words are making me want to read the manga. I've been suppressing the urge for so long now. Only thing stopping me lately is I've heard CA arc sometimes devolves into rough sketches, which isn't really a deal breaker for me, but when I consider how great the animation is in the anime adaption it seems like a waste...
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 00:30   Link #2748
PhantomPR05

Still hopping that they can continue the story of the manga.
PhantomPR05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 02:05   Link #2749
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep77:
Old 2013-04-28, 02:13   Link #2750
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

next episode will be a good sample of this arc, still this arc is very unconventional in many ways, more prominently the way we are exposed to everything as the events happen in the series wich is due to slow the pace.
Old 2013-04-28, 02:21   Link #2751
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Spoiler for cos it's still a bit early:
Old 2013-04-28, 08:02   Link #2752
ookamigirl

Gon & Killua hanging out with Kite.
New characters looked interesting.
At first look they don't appear like they have some skills.
Yup, I was right, chimera ants are gonna be a pain.
The queen developed a sudden taste for humans.
That's bad considering all the new info about the species.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 10:04   Link #2753
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

The first half was a bit slow but the second half made up for it. As predicted, it's a bit difficult for me to get into all this new stuff. Out of all the plot lines i would've expected from this story by now, this is the most way out there by a wide margin. It's especially weird how this threat to the human species emerges at just the right time for Gon and Killua to take part in it but oh well. I reckon it'll become more engaging once I've had the time to settle into it more.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 12:49   Link #2754
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Wow this arc seems to be much darker than the previous ones... I wonder how those ants are going to develop nen, or maybe they already have it? Or perhaps they kill and consume a hunter and acquire nen in the process?
Old 2013-04-28, 13:43   Link #2755
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Wow this arc seems to be much darker than the previous ones... I wonder how those ants are going to develop nen, or maybe they already have it? Or perhaps they kill and consume a hunter and acquire nen in the process?
A human-carnivore ant hybrid is bad enough, adding nen to the mix just kicks it to eleven... This is going to be a good arc I feel.
Old 2013-04-28, 13:53   Link #2756
HandofFate

brutal, kid brutality.
this arc is gonna be gruesome.

hate the afro guy and his voice, hope he gets eaten.
Old 2013-04-28, 13:56   Link #2757
SHINOBI-03

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
What? I thought he was funny!
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 17:22   Link #2758
Maxtro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
brutal, kid brutality.
this arc is gonna be gruesome.

For Dinner?
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 17:31   Link #2759
AnimeFan188

So they introduce Kite's team. A nice group. Too bad they couldn't come up with
better names for some of them though (Stick Dinner? Banana Kavaro?)

We see the heroes trying to piece things together, even as the menace grows
stronger as more victims are claimed. Just like DBZ's Cell saga (wasn't this arc
inspired by that?)

Unlike DBZ, there are no Dragon Balls to wish people back to life. This is gonna get
*nasty*.
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 05:50   Link #2760
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I find it quite fun to witness the Chimera Ants' evolution firsthand, don't you agree?

Tags
action, shounen