AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2007-02-23, 02:03   Link #21
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It seems to be a 2 episode OVA series.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 04:00   Link #22
kujoe
from head to heel

Wow, if this actually turns out to be a sequel or directly taking place after the events of the first series, then this could turn out to be the biggest piece of anime news I've heard so far in this year. I mean, seriously... An Aquarion sequel?!

Well, if it's a spin-off I'm still fine with it. But personally, a sequel is what I would prefer even though it seems unlikely.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 04:37   Link #23
w1zkid

well that sucks... only 2 more episodes... have they begun releasing the dvds for the first one? i hope not cause thats a sign its eras ending...
w1zkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 13:03   Link #24
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Holy crap, could they at least let me start the first one. If it two OVA's though its more like a tip than a new series.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 23:29   Link #25
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I don't think you're right. While most of these tiny OVA series that follow a TV series are just a "tip of the hat" to the original, I don't think that would be the case here. These 2 OVAs are probably to either tie up the loose ends or else to tell the prequel that is strongly hinted at.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-02-26, 23:36   Link #26
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I don't think you're right. While most of these tiny OVA series that follow a TV series are just a "tip of the hat" to the original, I don't think that would be the case here. These 2 OVAs are probably to either tie up the loose ends or else to tell the prequel that is strongly hinted at.
Prequel as in Appolonius and Celiane? Highly doubtful, especially when several second footage of the OVA shows someone who looks exactly like Apollo holding someone who looks exactly like Silvia shouting "TOMAAAAAA~!!!!!" Unless my memories betray me, I don't think that happened in the TV series, or prequel as we're shown through the flashbacks in the TV series.

And 2 OVA episodes doesn't neccesarily mean that it'll only be around 40~45 minutes.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 02:00   Link #27
Yondaime
4th Hokage 四代目火影

From the pics on the official site it looks like its going to extrapolate on the back story of Apollonius & Celiane, and the third pilot
Spoiler:
I'm guessing the "third pilot" is a teen back then? He looks like the white spikey haired enemy of Kaze from Final Fantasy Unlimited, but with black hair

- Umineko no naku koro ni
Yondaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 04:15   Link #28
w1zkid

So are you saying the Ova is to tie up the loose nots from the first season beforeo they make the 2nd? The ending was kind of suspicious but i dont want to put in my views cause i dont know how to use the spoiler thingy yet..

can anyone tell me how?

has there ever been an anime where the season ended then a ova came after and then another season?
how come they waited so long to add an ova to it?

Last edited by w1zkid; 2007-02-27 at 04:17. Reason: adding more
Old 2007-02-27, 04:44   Link #29
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1zkid View Post
So are you saying the Ova is to tie up the loose nots from the first season beforeo they make the 2nd? The ending was kind of suspicious but i dont want to put in my views cause i dont know how to use the spoiler thingy yet..

can anyone tell me how?

has there ever been an anime where the season ended then a ova came after and then another season?
how come they waited so long to add an ova to it?
Saber Marionette J had an OVA and then a second TV series.

Anyways screenshots from the OVA on the official site indicate it will take place after the series (Not to mention that the promo image for the OVA features Apollo and Sylvia) while at the same time featuring footage of events that took place during the Appolonius era.
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 05:27   Link #30
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
The ending was kind of suspicious but i dont want to put in my views cause i dont know how to use the spoiler thingy yet..
[spoiler=Aquarion] This show is better than SEX~! Well, at least it is better than bad sex... [/spoiler]

Will create this:
Spoiler for Aquarion:

Quote:
School Rumble
School Rumble 2 OVAs
School Rumble 2nd Season.

Old 2007-02-28, 11:17   Link #31
w1zkid

thx alot really appreciate it.

The part i was talking about that seemed like it would lead to another part was

Spoiler for Aquarion:

In that ova picture.. do they look older? are they actually older?
Old 2007-02-28, 12:57   Link #32
prince leon
red knight

An OVA is nice but I'd prefer a second season of Aquarion-goodness. :P
Old 2007-03-01, 08:03   Link #33
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
Anyways screenshots from the OVA on the official site indicate it will take place after the series (Not to mention that the promo image for the OVA features Apollo and Sylvia) while at the same time featuring footage of events that took place during the Appolonius era.
Mmm, Silvia looks very nice with her hair grown out and loose. It's great to see Reika, Pierre and Rena coming back as well.

I'm glad that the story looks like a sequel. Not just because I'd like to see Apollo come back and reunite with Silvia, but because Apollonius, Celiane and Touma's story was so drama-heavy that I can't see how they could maintain the comedy twists that made up the heart and soul of Aquarion.
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-01, 09:21   Link #34
BluWacky
尻の竜

The official website's up for the show; first OVA is out on the 25th May, which isn't that far away!

Unfortunately I can't get the promo movie to play at work, and the "about" section doesn't give anything much away about the story (it just recaps the TV series, mostly). The black-haired character appears to be a human accomplice of Touma's back 12,000 years named Scorpius; as the story is either an alternate universe or set after the events of the TV series after all, I presume she somehow got reincarnated too? (possibly as Reika, given her prominence on the splash page?).

Anyway, the whole production team's back again for the OVA, and AKINO's doing a new insert song so more Kanno awesomeness is assured!
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-01, 12:14   Link #35
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWacky View Post
Anyway, the whole production team's back again for the OVA, and AKINO's doing a new insert song so more Kanno awesomeness is assured!
There can never be enough AKINO goodness.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-01, 16:55   Link #36
meep

I was having problems with getting the promo at first, but when I opened it from another computer later in the day it played. The promo is awesome. Lots of spoilers, so I'll try using the tag.

Spoiler for aquarion:

There is a great deal of awesome material in that promo. If you are fan, you will have a fun time watching it.
meep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 22:04   Link #37
aardvark

The 1st OVA is also 50 minutes long, which makes me quite happy

Can't wait to buy it, seems like it'll be full of extra goodies too
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 18:59   Link #38
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Just saw the trailer... Anyone knows why while the white haired guy and Apollo are there, Sylvia's brother isn't in it?
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 05:44   Link #39
w1zkid

so when is this coming out again? how many ovas?
Old 2007-05-24, 21:00   Link #40
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
The first OVA should be coming out... Tomorrow!!!!

http://www.aquarion.info/ova/dvd/index.html

I want to watch this so much.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote