AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 5 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 40.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 17.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 17.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 8.57%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.86%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-04, 11:59   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren - Episode 9 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren, Episode 9.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2014-03-04 at 23:59.
Old 2014-03-04, 11:59   Link #2
ellessarr
Banned

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren - Episode 9 Discussion / Poll

episode 9 preview
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

a swinsuit beach episode with a new girl and looks like rikka big sis is back.
Old 2014-03-04, 19:48   Link #3
sky black swordman

^ Who is this guy at 0:30?
Old 2014-03-04, 22:41   Link #4
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ Who is this guy at 0:30?
maybe yuuta in a flashback while he was still chu2byou mode, looking by the hair of shichimya.
Old 2014-03-05, 13:22   Link #5
SidVicious
Anime addict

Looks like Isshiki.
Old 2014-03-05, 21:24   Link #6
Daysun22

8.5/10

A great episode, Rikka's sister appears to finally move this plot and make it work. While the episode seemed interesting, because it started out really strong, the ending was pretty weak, since Rikka chose BOTH her chuunibyou and Yuuta. Which is kind of lame because I thought Rikka was FINALLY going to grow up, but nope.

I get the feeling KyoAni is wasting precious time in making everything go back to normal at the end of each episode.

However, Satone managed to make it interesting at the end

Last edited by Daysun22; 2014-03-05 at 21:26. Reason: typos
Old 2014-03-05, 21:52   Link #7
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daysun22 View Post

A great episode, Rikka's sister appears to finally move this plot and make it work. While the episode seemed interesting, because it started out really strong, the ending was pretty weak, since Rikka chose BOTH her chuunibyou and Yuuta. Which is kind of lame because I thought Rikka was FINALLY going to grow up, but nope.

I get the feeling KyoAni is wasting precious time in making everything go back to normal at the end of each episode.

However, Satone managed to make it interesting at the end

because this is the plot of this season, is rikka be able to handle "both" her love and chu2byou, is not about her "forget it or leave it" even chichimia asked it to her, if rikka could do what she can't, chichimia can't handle both her feelings toward yuuta and her chu2byou, the series is not aboout "grow" exactly like we like to see, them can grow and keep their chu2byou if their just learn how to proper control it.

if rikka lost her chu2byou this gonna means who she like chichimia did the same mistake and failed.

i believe who in the the last episode or near it we gonna get a confession from chichimia, she will confess her love to yuuta(ofcourse just for make her finally get over it being rejected by yuuta), but obvious yuuta will reject or before he does she gonna say something like "you dont need reject i already know who you dont love me or loved me but i needed say it", or something like that, then finally she gonna be able to pass over that feelings.

Last edited by ellessarr; 2014-03-05 at 22:39.
Old 2014-03-06, 14:50   Link #8
Divini
Senpai!

Damn it... this is going to be painful if the rest of the season is spent watching Saotone get slowly heartbroken.

Last edited by Divini; 2014-03-06 at 15:02.
Old 2014-03-06, 15:37   Link #9
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Touka in that swimsuit and that Italian joke

Not much to say since Rikka would obviously choose both sides in the end but with Satone who suddenly reawakened her feelings for Yuuta and with a few more episodes to go, hopefully it ends well for her.
Old 2014-03-06, 15:43   Link #10
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
Damn it... this is going to be painful if the rest of the season is spent watching Saotone get slowly heartbroken.
yep i feel sad for her, but will be good because she gonna be able to finally close and move this part of her life with a rejection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi View Post
Touka in that swimsuit and that Italian joke

Not much to say since Rikka would obviously choose both sides in the end but with Satone suddenly reawakend her feelings for Yuuta and with a few more episodes to go, hopefully it ends well for her.
yep this is Why yuuta love her, because she can do it, she is the one who can "awaken the dark dragon, lol nibutani and deko sleeping together, lol how deko x nibu couple is too far more developed than the main couple, , for me will be good for chichimia that heartbroke cuz she gonna finally be able to move from that old crush, because she is seeing how strong is the bound between yuuta and rikka.

for peoples who keep asking for "more" in yuuta and rikka complain about their relationship, well i believe who the speech between yuuta and touka helped more to "understood", their are just following their own pace, is not the most wanted for us but is their "own pace" and way of love.
Old 2014-03-06, 16:30   Link #11
ChampDream
Alive

I'm kinda disappointed for Rikka choosing both her chuunibyou and her love, I thought she could finally get over with her chuunibyou, but I guess that why Yuuta love her. the really interesting part is Shichimiya reawakening her feelings for Yuuta, it look like a lot of trouble is to come for Yuuta.
Old 2014-03-06, 16:33   Link #12
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

lol @anime_team promising "no heavy drama this season", before the season started!
Old 2014-03-06, 16:54   Link #13
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
lol @anime_team promising "no heavy drama this season", before the season started!
i dont think this will be a heavy drama, satone is in a lose/lose situation, no wins for her than true leting theses feelings go away, i think we gonna get one or 2 more episodes focused on her overcome that feelings and all nothing too much to worry,probably both yuuta and rikka gonna even help her with it.
Old 2014-03-06, 17:04   Link #14
Gundamx

I think satone is jealous because Yuuta said it's ok to be lover and chuunibyou
while she though she can be only a lover or chuunibyou
Old 2014-03-06, 18:33   Link #15
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
I think satone is jealous because Yuuta said it's ok to be lover and chuunibyou
while she though she can be only a lover or chuunibyou
I don't see the jealous factor yet, but I think she is getting feelings for him again.
Old 2014-03-06, 18:45   Link #16
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Oh hell no, not another love triangle. They had handled this so well until now, they just had to ruin everything.

Rikka being unable to grow up is lame. It looks like they're trying to tell us chuunibyou isn't a bad thing, but I personally can't see it as a good thing. What kind of life is she going to have if she keeps behaving that way after graduating? She's very lucky she's got Yuuta to support her.

Swimsuits were nice. Touka looked gorgeous. Having her leave was the worst decision they've ever made.
Old 2014-03-06, 20:11   Link #17
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Oh hell no, not another love triangle. They had handled this so well until now, they just had to ruin everything.

Rikka being unable to grow up is lame. It looks like they're trying to tell us chuunibyou isn't a bad thing, but I personally can't see it as a good thing. What kind of life is she going to have if she keeps behaving that way after graduating? She's very lucky she's got Yuuta to support her.

Swimsuits were nice. Touka looked gorgeous. Having her leave was the worst decision they've ever made.
i dont see that as all "that bad" if as she grow she learn to "control it", and can be good to play with their childrens, my grandfather(and was like my father) he not was a chu2byou but he was very playfull person, aways liked to smile and try do enjoy his life.

i'm not saying who adults walking in street and yelling who their have powers and bla bla bla is good, but knowing where, when and with whom also not bad.

if we take the "grow" context literally then peoples 20+ years watching animes/cartoons or reading mangas and things like that or being fan of heroes really could be completly wrong.
in this context i agree with kyouto, you dont need to lost everything from your childhood or youth to grow, you can keep some things aslong their can't give problems to your life is a matter of balance and grow right.
Old 2014-03-06, 21:07   Link #18
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

this week beach time give working help in kumin's anut beach place & toka back with bring in italy chef kid to check going on with yuta & rika.

for rika give having feel of losing her powers yet talk & help with satone she got her groove back.

but in twist satone start have feel for yuta wanting?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
Old 2014-03-06, 21:33   Link #19
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Rikka being unable to grow up is lame. It looks like they're trying to tell us chuunibyou isn't a bad thing, but I personally can't see it as a good thing.
You can either indulge in the fantasy to the point it ruins your real life (like Satone, and most of the target audience) or you can leave your inner child behind completely and "grow up." But the third option, to grow up while keeping at least a part of your inner child with you, is typically presented as the best option. I think Rikka's personal journey is in line with this way of thinking.
Old 2014-03-07, 00:53   Link #20
Gravitas Free Zone

This was a really cute episode (Yuuta's sister, Touka's "daughter," the great ship Dekotani...), which was a good contrast to the quiet, but intense developments in the Rikka-Yuuta-Satone (but she was suppressing it) not-exactly-a-triangle situation.

I agree about balance needing to be reached, or we're all doomed.
Closed Thread