AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

Old 2013-07-13, 18:03   Link #441
hamazura
whatever

Old 2013-07-13, 18:03   Link #442
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
to be really honest, I would have been fine without the unfitting rap thrown in the OP. I think the original OP (like in ep1) or a completely original song would have been much better.
That said, I just don't get the huge backlash the ED has with Japanese audience. I heard the performers are amateurs from niconico, but it didn't sound that bad to me.
That surprises me - quite a good number of anime artists in Japan started on niconico or youtube if I recall correctly.

Choucho, HIMEKA, nano, Nagi Yannagi (with and without supercell), PIKO...the list goes on. Seems odd that they would suddenly turn on another artist that has come from the same route.

The ED (art and music) reminds me of Scott Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
I'm not sure whether to thank you on bop you on the head for providing that.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 18:24   Link #443
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The blood was pink even in the game.
at least they can change it for the anime
I hope there is an option for blood color for the BD release
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
to be really honest, I would have been fine without the unfitting rap thrown in the OP. I think the original OP (like in ep1) or a completely original song would have been much better.
That said, I just don't get the huge backlash the ED has with Japanese audience. I heard the performers are amateurs from niconico, but it didn't sound that bad to me.
2ch just hate niconico singer
that's all

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 18:36   Link #444
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I found the pink blood to be rather stylistic.

Quote:
YES!
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 18:38   Link #445
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
It is very unlikely. They sort of kept that color so that the anime stays true to the game.
Old 2013-07-13, 18:44   Link #446
marvelB

Quote:

Upupupupu~

And yeah, I like the pink blood, too. It may be a form of censorship, but I think it's more than fitting for the "psycho pop" image the series has.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 18:46   Link #447
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And yeah, I like the pink blood, too. It may be a form of censorship, but I think it's more than fitting for the "psycho pop" image the series has.
Honestly, as much as I thought the pink blood would bother me it quickly grew on me. It was rather strange, being an American, to see blood censorship of that sort. It's as you've said though, the blood fits well with the theme.
Old 2013-07-13, 18:48   Link #448
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Feel the "hope"!
Old 2013-07-13, 18:51   Link #449
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
The blood was pink out of necessity to keep the rating under 18+, and after the game being out for 2+ years (in Japan) people have long accepted the pink blood as part of the charm for the series. It's not changing, and if you're here for the gore you're watching the wrong show.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 18:56   Link #450
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
What I take from the pink blood is that the show is about the murder mysteries not the murders themselves. In other words, this show's main appeal is *not* gore.

In that respect, I find the pink blood effective.
Old 2013-07-13, 19:03   Link #451
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I find it rather hilarious that you can evande censors just by changing the color.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 19:05   Link #452
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I find it rather hilarious that you can evande censors just by changing the color.
When I look at how little h-manga censor genitals, I sometimes think censorship is really nothing more than a formality.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 19:14   Link #453
Traece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Actually they did more than change the color of blood in Danganronpa.

You see, it's actually liquid cotton candy. When a student dies they ooze pure sugary goodness. I hear Monokuma reconstitutes it into the donuts.
Old 2013-07-13, 19:46   Link #454
ellifeedn
Thinker

I remember someone in the SA LP thread of the game took the scene and changed the blood to its normal color. It didn't look as good as the one with pink blood.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 23:04   Link #455
Meltyred

I just am getting a huge headache with that monokuma animation ugh....
But the music is nice though...
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 00:25   Link #456
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
I remember someone in the SA LP thread of the game took the scene and changed the blood to its normal color. It didn't look as good as the one with pink blood.
Well I've seen Junko one with red blood.

Nope.jpg

Quote:
Maybe because it doesn't sound fitting? Also it could probably because of really vocal complainers at first and turns out to be some sort of meme at the end. I don't really like it either though.. but that's just me.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 01:33   Link #457
molitar

Ugg!!!! What utter CRAP of an anime! Just plain stupid! I am going to this elite school... Family possibly killed and nobody wonders where the son or daughter is and don't contact them! Going to an elite school everyone would know so common sense would say the police would be going to report that your family was killed.. or if that is all fake than your family would be reporting they have not heard from you and can not contact you!

Common sense would of been to say to the group we are prisoners but we are not an EVIL SICK TWISTED MURDERER as this person who hides behind a remote bear. Soon or later police will come to investigate so we just need to wait it out and let's continue to work at finding a way out of this shit hole.

This is just so stupid it reminds me of Hollywood Shit Drama but 100x worse!
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 01:39   Link #458
Traece

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Ugg!!!! What utter CRAP of an anime! Just plain stupid! I am going to this elite school... Family possibly killed and nobody wonders where the son or daughter is and don't contact them! Going to an elite school everyone would know so common sense would say the police would be going to report that your family was killed.. or if that is all fake than your family would be reporting they have not heard from you and can not contact you!

Common sense would of been to say to the group we are prisoners but we are not an EVIL SICK TWISTED MURDERER as this person who hides behind a remote bear. Soon or later police will come to investigate so we just need to wait it out and let's continue to work at finding a way out of this shit hole.

This is just so stupid it reminds me of Hollywood Shit Drama but 100x worse!
I don't know how to tell you this, but... All of these complaints have been explained away already in dialogue. Plus it should be pretty obvious from the get-go that things aren't that simple. If you're seriously expecting them to make a game like this and not account for the whole "police" issue you are a very confusing person.

Besides, you want the police to show up right off the bat, free the students, and have it end right there?

Edit: I took a moment to verify that it was in fact explained in episode one. It was indeed mentioned (if, admittedly, to a lesser degree than in the actual game). Still, it was mentioned sufficiently enough.
Old 2013-07-14, 02:18   Link #459
Nayim

Hooray Sub forum!
Old 2013-07-14, 02:21   Link #460
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Yes, Hooray indeed! Let's divert all episode related discussion to their designated episode discussion threads. Thanks.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote