AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2004-12-25, 15:07   Link #21
ShikaShika
無罪

Are you going to decide on a standard filename format? That would be great. As it is, it's annoying going back and forward to read the chapters in the right order.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 20:16   Link #22
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika
Are you going to decide on a standard filename format? That would be great. As it is, it's annoying going back and forward to read the chapters in the right order.

Yeah I've been complaining about that since I joined the group actually. They don't listen to me they just abuse me!

But the more people complain about that, the easier it will be to convince my "superiors"
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 22:20   Link #23
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Very nice indeed... looks quite different from the anime.
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 23:33   Link #24
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
Yeah I've been complaining about that since I joined the group actually. They don't listen to me they just abuse me!

But the more people complain about that, the easier it will be to convince my "superiors"
Make Roots happy happy Yanime so the School Rumble (and now Mai Hime) keeps flowing...
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 23:38   Link #25
snoopy007
Opethhhhh

Send a message via AIM to snoopy007 Send a message via MSN to snoopy007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika
Wow, so I've been reading the manga backwards up until now? Oh my.
snoopy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 03:24   Link #26
USCPharmacist

wow is like that man who has been married to his "wife" for 3 years before he realized his "wife" is actually a man....just kidding
USCPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 03:57   Link #27
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

I have released Chapter 12 : Expectations and Reality and... over at Anime-Source.

You get to see how involved Nagi is in all this and the whole story involving Natsuki and Shizuru reeks of conspiracy ( the word is even blatantly shown there )

"This manga is brought to you by the powers of Love, Friendship, Dreams, Future and Spirit!!!"
Next chapter is Akane-centric.

Quote:
Oh wow, I had no idea you had done that much work on MH already Yebyosh. We've actually been planning to do MH for a long time, but the scans we found from Champion were just so bad we sat back and waited till we found some more HQ scans to release it. I'm surprised there wasn't a Mai-HiME manga thread here already then.
Nah, the chief thing was all 3 of us ( me, you and AW ) kept this project as a top secret, revealing no traces of what we were doing until the release date Although A-S's release would have been a week earlier if everything had been smooth sailing on the new manga server

All in all, this is pretty cool since it was a surprise to find others working on it and we can compare each others' work like, in the spirit of what Shiro-sama said in Chapter 7
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 10:17   Link #28
blackflash
Cookie Monster

Send a message via MSN to blackflash
As i have been watchin this anime since it started i decided to try the manga.

Whoa its so different from the anime i was shocked. Tate is the man both Mai and Natsuki have seemed to have fallen for him and its only been about a week! Im now hooked on the manga even though it contains alot more fanservice which is just a plus
Old 2004-12-26, 11:30   Link #29
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I'm just glad that I began reading the manga shortly before the anime.

All thanks from courtesy of Anime-Source's online manga viewing.

When I just stared at a picture of Mai in the first volume cover, I definitely went for a try and boy, it really hooked me up from the start.

I definitely like the manga over the anime; the harem relationship that Tate's been forced through after all the destruction that he and the HiMe's widespreadly caused and ends up damaging the school.

I also like how better explain about the HIME's, the Childs, and the orphans.
That Mai has a more responsable role filling in the manga and the interesting issue about Mai and Tate realizing a soon-to-be relationship thanks for contributing their powers.

However, I think that the producers that conjured up the anime thought that many of those ideas were too cliché to adapt into the screen, therefore, decided to give 180° turn of twists for the plot.

Unfortunately, I'm going to miss the Natsuki's and Mai's duel from the first chapter of the manga.

I will just keep on watching the anime for the sole reason to watch it with different eyes from the manga.
Right now, I'm in the process of downloading episode 2.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 12:00   Link #30
Mr.Minou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
However, I think that the producers that conjured up the anime thought that many of those ideas were too cliché to adapt into the screen, therefore, decided to give 180° turn of twists for the plot..
considering the fact that in the 1st volume of the manga, there's an itw of
mai's voice actress about ep 14, I think that the anime is not from the manga(but I could be wrong ). but the manga is not from the anime either it's just the same characters involved in different stories, in the "mai-hime" universe
Mr.Minou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 13:40   Link #31
USCPharmacist

I think I notice about Mai Hime the manga.....how many of you would stay in a school that is constantly being attack by perverted monsters, especially if you are a girl? It's not like Fuuka is a public school where if you are in that district you are screwed, now is it? Hell even if the kids want to stay for whatever crazy reason (except if they are himes), the parents would've x-fer their sons and daughters the next day. Unless, of course, Mrs. Xavier keep compelling people to stay in her school
Old 2004-12-26, 14:30   Link #32
USCPharmacist

hahahha open my keyhole, Noa chan is so funny
Old 2004-12-26, 15:41   Link #33
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

oh my, now I wonder if I should continue releasing these manga raws on hongfire roots

oh, I ask to join Yanime, but I remembered two things: One, Waya has a real bad temper when not in teh mood, and 2, they don't need my skillz
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 17:55   Link #34
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Don't worry, Waya is always a bitch, even to me.

And as for the perverted monster comment USCPharmisist made...

Spoiler for Volume 1:
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 18:19   Link #35
FlyByNite

Quote:
Don't worry, Waya is always a bitch, even to me.

And as for the perverted monster comment USCPharmisist made...

Spoiler for Volume 1:
Tis a shame too...
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 03:41   Link #36
Esper 28
Akira

Ohh, this is awesome. I wanna extend a personal thanks to these groups translating this manga. I haven't had a good ecchi filled manga since Tenjo Tenge got licensed. So, I'm thoroughly enjoying this! Thanks again.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 10:47   Link #37
TrueKnight

Hmm, let's see...

Spoiler:

Oh, and thank you of course, for the people responsible for translating this strangely erotic yet so enjoyable manga (for guys....at least) , regardless which group you are in.

You people are the best. Kudos.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 11:21   Link #38
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight
It's quite contrasts compared to the anime, I wonder if Sunrise's gonna butchered it just like GONZO did with Chrno Crusade? God knows.
Actually, since this is an original Sunrise production and the manga is more of a spinoff than something the anime is based on, that won't happen. THe manga and anime are somewhat separate. Things as you can see happen very differently.
Old 2004-12-27, 12:22   Link #39
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Chapter 13 : Higurashi Akane is now available at Anime-Source.

The story of love-lorn Akane unfolds...

On the subject of which ( manga, anime ) is the original source,

I would say neither. Both are derived from a set of character designs and a standard anime story mold ( girls in combat ), meaning the manga and the anime are both adaptations of that basic story, they are just two different takes of the mold they came from ( remember that there would be a PS2 dating sim game as well, which we can expect another different feel to the Mai-HiME world ).

Supporting reasons would be the interviews in the tankoubon, the fact that the first chapter of the manga was only released several weeks before the broadcast of the first episode of the anime. Thus the conceptualisation of direction for both anime and manga should be around the same time.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 12:48   Link #40
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Chapter 13 : Higurashi Akane is now available at Anime-Source.
Holy! That was fast.

Thanks! (I) wanted to find the translated ver. since the RAWs came out.
eMpTy265 is offline   Reply With Quote