AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 09
10: Amazing... 2 5.71%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 6 17.14%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 15 42.86%
7 out of 10: Good... 4 11.43%
6 out of 10: Average... 4 11.43%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 1 2.86%
4 out of 10: Poor... 1 2.86%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 2 5.71%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-12-05, 23:31   Link #61
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoilderOfDarkness
Given the fact that that UE's motives maybe geared to assisting humanity and that the ones controlling the robots are kids, I don't think the fighting is being taken seriously to begin with. That just goes to show how big of a technological gap it is between the two. It's like when Lockon in Dynames was taking pot shots at construction workers armed wtih 50 calibur guns.

There are several instances where the UE could've simply annihilated the Gundam and Diva yet they just pull out at randomly. Now that we know kids like Descil are running them I think that speaks for itself. They are just toying with them and that's what some of the posters are complaining.
This is not what I'm expressing...I'm fine if that's what the UE are really doing...My grip isn't with what they are or are not doing from a hidden plot aspect, I'm saying from an animation and imaginative aspect they aren't doing anything impressive with that (The staff)...I honestly feel like its lazy animation...If the story was truly trying to convey what you're saying (Like the Lockon example that was further or earlier expanded on with countless scenes showing the ineffective MS tech of the OO-world), there would be more visual or story keys to highlight it...I don't see that, I just see cool mechs spraying a cheap weapon indiscriminately, lazily (which coincides with how unimaginative most of the battles in this show have been)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Then stop watching the show, instead of having your standards not met on a weekly basis.
I could use the search function and find the 800 times I've responded to a trite post like this, but I'll just say, you asked what i found annoying didn't you? Don't handblast the answer...
Old 2011-12-06, 01:09   Link #62
PzIVf3

Good Christ. My idol Zakus is gonna get massacre in a open area with no cover of asteroids.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 03:31   Link #63
noir senshi
Escapist Extraordinaire

Do you think it's possible that the UE mobile suits developed from a type of "AGE" system? So they've been improving over time and possible to the point where they don't need pilots?
noir senshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 09:49   Link #64
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
This is not what I'm expressing...I'm fine if that's what the UE are really doing...My grip isn't with what they are or are not doing from a hidden plot aspect, I'm saying from an animation and imaginative aspect they aren't doing anything impressive with that (The staff)...I honestly feel like its lazy animation...If the story was truly trying to convey what you're saying (Like the Lockon example that was further or earlier expanded on with countless scenes showing the ineffective MS tech of the OO-world), there would be more visual or story keys to highlight it...I don't see that, I just see cool mechs spraying a cheap weapon indiscriminately, lazily (which coincides with how unimaginative most of the battles in this show have been)...

I could use the search function and find the 800 times I've responded to a trite post like this, but I'll just say, you asked what i found annoying didn't you? Don't handblast the answer...
Agree, the battles sofar have been a downer.

i don't particurlarly like this show sofar, it's pretty much been a huge disapointment sofar, but the last episode really sparked my hopes up for it again, i'm looking forward to how they are going to handle this generation switch, i really am.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 06:29   Link #65
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir senshi View Post
Do you think it's possible that the UE mobile suits developed from a type of "AGE" system? So they've been improving over time and possible to the point where they don't need pilots?
They both share that same green luminescence--a possible clue that they're interrelated.

Although if they can improve on their own, why does Yark Dole bother sending a Zedas unit to Madorna for upgrades? Unless it was supposed to be some kind of plan to destroy the factory? Still more questions.
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 06:51   Link #66
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist_Classic View Post
They both share that same green luminescence--a possible clue that they're interrelated.

Although if they can improve on their own, why does Yark Dole bother sending a Zedas unit to Madorna for upgrades? Unless it was supposed to be some kind of plan to destroy the factory? Still more questions.
Maybe he was planning on leaking some UE related specs to Madorna so he could give them to the Diva's crew?
Old 2011-12-08, 06:55   Link #67
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Maybe he was planning on leaking some UE related specs to Madorna so he could give them to the Diva's crew?
If so, then why go through a third-party? Why have Decil blow-up half of the factory? We have really no idea what his goals and motives are because...he hasn't really been revealed just yet.
Old 2011-12-08, 07:04   Link #68
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
If so, then why go through a third-party? Why have Decil blow-up half of the factory? We have really no idea what his goals and motives are because...he hasn't really been revealed just yet.
You never know, he might've had a change of heart and started acting like a spy, while he might've had control over where to send it, he might not be its pilot, you know? just because your in a organization doesnt mean you control it, i'm just speculating here.

but as you said it doesnt really make sense that he just sent it there to destroy the factory, atleast not in that manner
Old 2011-12-08, 07:56   Link #69
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Quote:
You never know, he might've had a change of heart and started acting like a spy, while he might've had control over where to send it, he might not be its pilot, you know? just because your in a organization doesnt mean you control it, i'm just speculating here.

but as you said it doesnt really make sense that he just sent it there to destroy the factory, atleast not in that manner
At this point, I'm wondering when the audience will get any information about him. Unless he's part of the UE, given the episode summaries for the upcoming episodes, there's little time left for him to play the role of another independent faction.
Old 2011-12-08, 10:42   Link #70
kakakka

Quote:
Quote:
They just used the factory as their "storage". There is not much about it I think. We see that Zedas is not in the previous battle, now we know that it was because the "owner" hand it to the factory. It was kept there, it was not needed for the moment.

If you tell me, all these are telling me that they are indeed the UE.

The guy giving out blueprints to Fardain to keep them busy with their little games. They have control of the colony in the shadows. These shows the EFF in Fardain just plain do not care, just like in Nora.

The boring and soulless slaughter from UE is also come to light a bit. They are remote controlled, the pilots care not about the acrobats of battle, etc. Just slaughter whatever they wanted. This is just a game to them.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 04:12   Link #71
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I'm still not convinced the UE are being controlled remotely or telepathically. When Desil says "That's enough" he turns to right, as if giving an order to someone. He could of been commanding the operation, and just relaying an order to an operator. Just my two cents on the whole thing.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 17:29   Link #72
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by noir senshi View Post
I don't know about not needing that pilots, but it does seem like the Baqto just happens to be the perfect answer to the AGE-1 Normal and I don't think it's been seen before. So I don't find it an impossible prospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Yeah Emily getting a talking to by Madorna's wife makes me hate her quite a bit less. I'm hoping in the next episode, she'll start to encourage Flit to fight. But for the now, the events of this episode are enough to cool the raging star of hatred I had for her.
I personally found it disappointing, I rather Flit and Emily talk it out (which was what they were heading prior to our first glimpse of the Euba/Zalam conflict) and understand each other's positions more, rather than Emily just swallowing it all up and left Flit totally clueless about her concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
One thing caught my attention. Flit mentioned that he lost his "mom and dad too". We know what happened to his mother. What about the father? I wonder if he will turn out to be on UE's side?
I find that unlikely. If they wanted to do that, it would have been more effective if they showed us more glimpses of his father before this (in whatever form it is), because the shock will be more evident to the audience when it is revealed since it is a character known or at least vaguely familiar with. If it happens now, it would feel like a random rabbit pulled out of a random hat since his father hasn't gotten as much silhouette.

I guess he's sort of like Setsuna's dad at the moment, he was just there and happens to be less important both in the actual scene and symbolically (ironic I guess since both mother's death scene were played by the same VA).
Old 2011-12-16, 02:12   Link #73
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Was the best episode for this series in quite a while. Maybe their combined spirits can give poor Emily a better outlook. It's always good to have character development and establishing of motives. After all, the future of humanity surpasses all other things, doesn't it?

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion