ShinGundam

Ys 7 on PSP

New scan from famitsu

Ys chronicles
ShinGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 13:26   Link #2
Shadow Kira01

Hope there will be a PS2 port...

They did a bad job on Ys VI for the psp edition. The ps2 edition was great but there were some unpleasant issues, such lags and glitches for the psp. Luckily, I got the ps2 version..
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 14:41   Link #3
Tornix
The Evil Twin

Send a message via ICQ to Tornix Send a message via AIM to Tornix Send a message via Yahoo to Tornix
Agreed. Hopefully the load times will be minimal at least. Ys VI load times were bearable if you played it off iso instead of umd.
Old 2009-03-25, 15:28   Link #4
ShinGundam

Quote:
Nope this game has a co-op mode as main key to success and evolve whole series
So No PS2 port

Ys I & II Chronicles
- Out in september (so much for summer)
- Selectable difficulty modes - Easy, normal, hard, nightmare.
- New portraits for PSP version, but you can select the PSP version or PC version. Why are the PSP versions of this so much better than the Ys 7 art? Lilia :3
- Boss Rush mode added.
- Selectable music - PC-88 version, PC version and new PSP version.
- Changes in the dialogue and new dialogue added.
- The idea to make it a full 3D remake came up every meeting they had, but to do so would effectively take as much effort as making a new game, so it came down to 'Ys 7 or Ys 3D remake, pick one'. So they chose 7.

More on Ys 7:
- Ys 7 is set about half a year after 6.
- A long time ago Altago was ruled by five races - the people of the sea (Edona), earth (Shanua), fire (Segram), wind (Kairos), moon (Isuka). The five races worship the five dragons, and peace was maintained throughout the land. After many long years a number of the races have vanished from history, and the remainder live semi-autonomously across the land.
- Some bosses are weak against EX Skills.
- Largest scale in the Ys series so far - will take more than the usual 10 hours to explore thoroughly.
- The Dragon Knights are the official army of Altago province, embodying its own style. Successfully repelled the Romun Empire's attempt to expand its territory and maintained control of the Medo Sea. Combines the functions of army and navy together into one army, and believes in crushing the enemy individually with lightning fast speed.
- Isuka fever - A endemic illness that began to spread rapidly throughout Altago several years ago. Symptoms include sudden fits leading to fever and ashthma, and petrification of parts of the body. The illness is uncurable, and the suffere will gradually grow weaker, eventually dying.

Thanks to Varion
ShinGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 00:41   Link #5
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post

They did a bad job on Ys VI for the psp edition. The ps2 edition was great but there were some unpleasant issues, such lags and glitches for the psp. Luckily, I got the ps2 version..
"They" didn't do anything. Ys 6 was original developed by Falcom but the port was handled (badly) by Konami. Ys 7 is done entirely by Falcom themselves, and all of their previous PSP titles have been solid and relatively free from loading times and other such issues.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 22:43   Link #6
SquirrelFarm

Does this take place after Napishtim? If so, I do wonder where Terra is. It is, however, good to see Dogi running around with me now. No walls will be left standing in our wake.
SquirrelFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 00:09   Link #7
Tornix
The Evil Twin

Send a message via ICQ to Tornix Send a message via AIM to Tornix Send a message via Yahoo to Tornix
In ShinGundam's post he mentions that it takes place half a year after Napishtim (Ys 6).
Old 2009-04-08, 04:50   Link #8
ShapetheSky

It's also coming for the PC (as to be expected, like pretty much all Falcom games...)

So me, being PSP-less, is happy *_*
ShapetheSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 08:54   Link #9
meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornix View Post
Agreed. Hopefully the load times will be minimal at least. Ys VI load times were bearable if you played it off iso instead of umd.
I first got Custom Firmware in order to play my old PS1 games. But now I'm finding that being able to rip UMDs into iso to be so incredibly useful when playing original PSP games. The difference in load times is ridiculous.
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 23:04   Link #10
BlankVoid

Send a message via AIM to BlankVoid Send a message via MSN to BlankVoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapetheSky View Post
It's also coming for the PC (as to be expected, like pretty much all Falcom games...)

So me, being PSP-less, is happy *_*
I don't think there was any mention of a PC port. It's not improbable but it's not like Falcom to start an entirely new game on PSP first...well at least it never happened with Ys.
Old 2009-04-10, 00:40   Link #11
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Falcom already stated Ys7 is multiplatform just the PSP one is coming out first. In fact they stated all versions will be completely different sharing nothing more than the setting and theme in abit of a throwback to what they used to do with the older Ys.

To be honest I'm kinda glad because Ys7 looks like absolute crap, halfassed 3D and some of the ugliest and most generic art I've seen to date compared to the last 3 games.
Old 2009-04-10, 00:40   Link #12
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankVoid View Post
I don't think there was any mention of a PC port.
Sure there was, an investor relations document at the start of the month. Well, they didn't specifically say 'PC', but it'll be released on a number of different platforms.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psp