AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-10-10, 20:46   Link #3061
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngng View Post
About the ransom, Elen actually sympathized with him and did not want to sell him to Muozinel. Read volume 1 chapte 4 carefully near the end during Elen and Lim conversation, you will notice Elen can reduce the ransom when Lim asked, but Elen did not do it because she did not want to make an exception (can damage her reputation in addition to the rumor about her falling in love with him though I bet she did not care). She did not purposely set the ransom as high as it was, it was based in the treaty with Brune and Brune did not care because Brune hated archers.
Here's the section you were talking about:

Quote:
“By the way, why was the sum so large?”

“His bow.”

Tapping her desk, Ellen sighed.

“When holding an excellent swordsman captive, don't you increase the ransom based on his skill? Though the countries reviewed the agreement regarding the ransom amounts, they set a severe amount for archers. To Brune, that was a trivial issue.”

When Lim heard Ellen's words, her pale face turned expressionless.

“Though I can lower the amount, I don't want to create a precedent out of sympathy. I don't have any reason to disregard the treaty, either.”
1) Lim is questioning Ellen's ransom amount, which means it is higher than the standard amount. And as Ellen admits, she set it as high as she wanted because of how much SHE values Tigre's bow.

2) A treaty would most likely specify the maximum amount they're allowed to charge. No country would argue against a lower ransom after all. The fact that archers got a severe maximum cap probably has more to do with Zchted taking advantage of Brune's not caring about archers. Brune would let them set that ransom cap sky-high in exchange for a lower maximum for some other type of person (noble, knight, whatever)
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 20:59   Link #3062
ngng
Ibekusa Makina daisuki!

Wait, so for all this time, I misunderstood that part as Elen's kindness at wanting to lower the ransom for Tigre but cannot due to the treaty. Wow, she is one scary b*tch trying to take advantage of the treaty to force Tigre into her slave.. ahem subordinate? Good thing Zaien become the stepping stone for Tigre's rise by invading his hometown or else Tigre would end up in Muozinel and Elen would regret her decision forever, the black bow become lost, the maid got NTRed by someone else, the princess will become commoner and hide forever, Voln family will have no descendants, Brune will be invaded and destroyed from within, and Madan no Ou will go to the bad end route in volume 1.
El Rue "See the proper & evil way to do it is to translate just enough drugs chapters to get enough people hooked & then stop giving out the free crack." (Exactly right. In fact, I'm still in withdrawal over Shinmai Maou, Magika no Kenshi and Fate Apocrypha)

Reading: Madan no Ou, Tate no Yuusha, Overlord, Shinmai Maou, Magika no Kenshi, Anti-Magic Academy, OniAi, Arifureta, Slave Harem, Knight and Magic, Fate Apocrypha, Rokka Yuusha, 1HP, Tsuyokute, Altina
ngng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 21:09   Link #3063
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Wait, so for all this time, I misunderstood that part as Elen's kindness at wanting to lower the ransom for Tigre but cannot due to the treaty. Wow, she is one scary b*tch trying to take advantage of the treaty to force Tigre into her slave.. ahem subordinate? Good thing Zaien become the stepping stone for Tigre's rise by invading his hometown or else Tigre would end up in Muozinel and Elen would regret her decision forever, the black bow become lost, the maid got NTRed by someone else, the princess will become commoner and hide forever, Voln family will have no descendants, Brune will be invaded and destroyed from within, and Madan no Ou will go to the bad end route in volume 1.
Actually, I'm glad they did it like this. Ellen has her own set of motivations and principles, which do not always coincide with Tigre's simply because she is a love interest. She acts for her country and people, rather than throwing it out because the MC appeared.
Old 2013-10-10, 21:44   Link #3064
Fenrisulfr
私たち”友達”だから

Since I have vol6 on me I'll save Setsuna some time, here's the line from chapter 4:
ジャーメインのそばには侍従だろう老人が控えており、さらに両脇にはを持ち、甲冑をまとった騎士が五人ずつ並んでいる。 (Page183)

Edit:
The second time
騎士たちの中のひとりが隣の同僚にを押しつけ、進みでた。(page187)

There, no guns in my medieval fantasy, just the way I like xD ...guns ruin everything -_-

Last edited by Fenrisulfr; 2013-10-10 at 22:54. Reason: changing to 持ち
Fenrisulfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 22:21   Link #3065
ngng
Ibekusa Makina daisuki!

Thanks Fenrisulfr, I wonder horw many people notice the mistake when reading the English version. I just learn from this thread that the number of editors listed are a joke and does not mean anything. No wonder discrepancies appear. Sad.

Did you see the manga version of Greast? He look like a sick perv. The artist really overdid there. I think it is cute that Elen let Tigre see her witout clothes and still act like nothing, but cannot endure Greast's eyes. Is Greast a demon like Drekavec or something with a special ability to see through women's clothes like the Spectator Teigu from Akame ga Kill? I bet if he got something like that, Greast would sneak up on her every night. Tigre does have manly desire but he innocently suppressed it and apologized for it after getting scolded. Greast was like "Haha, this woman will be mine, I want to xxxx this and xxxx that and xxxx". Big difference. I wonder if he will act like that toward Valentina. I hope that she can off Greast eventually.
El Rue "See the proper & evil way to do it is to translate just enough drugs chapters to get enough people hooked & then stop giving out the free crack." (Exactly right. In fact, I'm still in withdrawal over Shinmai Maou, Magika no Kenshi and Fate Apocrypha)

Reading: Madan no Ou, Tate no Yuusha, Overlord, Shinmai Maou, Magika no Kenshi, Anti-Magic Academy, OniAi, Arifureta, Slave Harem, Knight and Magic, Fate Apocrypha, Rokka Yuusha, 1HP, Tsuyokute, Altina
Old 2013-10-10, 22:21   Link #3066
setsuna86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrisulfr View Post
Since I have vol6 on me I'll save Setsuna some time, here's the line from chapter 4:
ジャーメインのそばには侍従だろう老人が控えており、さらに両脇にはを侍ち、甲冑をまとった騎士が五人ずつ並んでいる。 (Page183)

Edit:
The second time
騎士たちの中のひとりが隣の同僚にを押しつけ、進みでた。(page187)

There, no guns in my medieval fantasy, just the way I like xD ...guns ruin everything -_-
@Fenrisulfr, for the first sentence, please check these characters "侍ち"; I think one of them doesn't fit in the sentence (error maybe?).

And for the second sentence, the translation should be:
Someone among the knights pushed his spear to his neighbor comrade and stepped forward.

And @ngng, I want to tell that when I had translated the vol 6 ch4, I was still a beginner translator (I'm still not good enough though); I think I have already said it. More I translate, better I become. So, please, when you TLC and find some errors, please correct them.
setsuna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 22:37   Link #3067
ngng
Ibekusa Makina daisuki!

I really appreciate you works since the first translator abandon it and I was sad that no one wanted to translate volume 6 until you did. I read your intro and know that you are a beginner, but still you are better than many people and me because I can't read Japanese, I can only understand it from words from speaking, not in writings.

Actually, I think most readers don't care much as long as they can understand what actually happened unless something is really weird appear like "guns". It took me the 4th time reading this to notice because this part was not that important to most people. The first time I read it, I just skip through many long sentences and went right into the dialogues. I hated Jermaine so I speed through most of the scene involved him, until he was offed by someone that is.

Old 2013-10-10, 22:38   Link #3068
Fenrisulfr
私たち”友達”だから

@setsuna, you're right, the second was mochi, lol I just copied and pasted the first one over without even paying attention to the actually line. Man I need to catch up on the reading for this series, but I need to finish DAL first...guh if only I had a infinite amount of free time.
Old 2013-10-10, 22:40   Link #3069
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrisulfr View Post
@RapidPotential, I thought it was once used to mean spear in the past but was somehow replaced by 矛? Well I don't know much about chn since I prefer to learn jpn xP
The reading of "spear" you mentioned was the earliest one. Chronologically the one I mentioned was used from the Three Kingdoms period onwards. In fact there are four different readings of "spear" in Chinese.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 22:59   Link #3070
Fenrisulfr
私たち”友達”だから

Thanks for that information RapidPotential, the spear characters are one of my favorites along with 神,斬,龍,剣 so I always like learning about their histories and stuff lol.
Old 2013-10-11, 02:33   Link #3071
ngng
Ibekusa Makina daisuki!

I think it is quite ironic that despite being closest to Tigre, Elen haven't fought in a life and death battle against the demons together with him yet. That honor belong to the other two girls who undoubtedly have the smallest chest size (minus Regin). Normally, you would take your best girl with you to the most important fight, but due to circumstances, Elen still hasn't gotten that honor yet, but she will eventually. IMO, fighting against demons who can control dragons or cancel your special attack is more exiciting than leading troops against normal soldiers.

Currently re-reading vol.6 chapter 5 and at the fight with the Giant. It seemed that there are many demons who had different intentions to Tigre and his girls. The demons are not really allies themselves and they moved independently, but they have the common goal of destroying Vanadis. It seemed like the Zchted kingdom had made enemies of them long ago with Vanadis or something and now the demons are holding grudges. Maybe some Vanadis who got killed in the past were also their works.

Last edited by ngng; 2013-10-11 at 02:54.
Old 2013-10-11, 03:58   Link #3072
setsuna86

Quote:
Currently re-reading vol.6 chapter 5 and at the fight with the Giant. It seemed that there are many demons who had different intentions to Tigre and his girls. The demons are not really allies themselves and they moved independently, but they have the common goal of destroying Vanadis. It seemed like the Zchted kingdom had made enemies of them long ago with Vanadis or something and now the demons are holding grudges. Maybe some Vanadis who got killed in the past were also their works.
I think the demons have differents opinions concernant Tigre (whether killing him or not), because there are on one hand demons, who think that they could use the power of bow (kind of mind control on Tigre for example) to destroy the Vanadis and on other the hand, demons thinking that they could destroy the Vanaidis even without it.
Old 2013-10-11, 04:56   Link #3073
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsuna86 View Post
I think the demons have differents opinions concernant Tigre (whether killing him or not), because there are on one hand demons, who think that they could use the power of bow (kind of mind control on Tigre for example) to destroy the Vanadis and on other the hand, demons thinking that they could destroy the Vanaidis even without it.
I don't think the demons are that concerned of the Vanadis though. Vodjanoj doesn't care about Lyudmira when he came to kidnap Tigre. While it's true the Vanadis are their enemies, they might have something even bigger to be concerned about.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 05:04   Link #3074
Waxman

Probably because at their origin all Vanadis were meant to fight together instead of one against the others.
And they will not destroy all Vanadis, not at once at least, because the viralts will simply switch owners. I still don't know most of what happen in Vol.7 but after the fight between Ellen and Elizabeta the latter mention that a mistious benefactor gave her a noticeable power up (i personally believe its Ganelon, i have no evidence its just a hunch), to the point that she was at Ellen level (if only for short time).
Also i foresee that the monsters (as long as more are introduced) will end up in two bands, Ganelon (destroy Tigre and the Vanadis) and "i cant properly write his name" warlock that tame dragons and can obtain chains of the same metal as Durandal.
Waxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 06:01   Link #3075
Leonardunitylim
Avid Fan of Madan

Quote:
Thanks Fenrisulfr, I wonder horw many people notice the mistake when reading the English version. I just learn from this thread that the number of editors listed are a joke and does not mean anything. No wonder discrepancies appear. Sad.

Did you see the manga version of Greast? He look like a sick perv. The artist really overdid there. I think it is cute that Elen let Tigre see her witout clothes and still act like nothing, but cannot endure Greast's eyes. Is Greast a demon like Drekavec or something with a special ability to see through women's clothes like the Spectator Teigu from Akame ga Kill? I bet if he got something like that, Greast would sneak up on her every night. Tigre does have manly desire but he innocently suppressed it and apologized for it after getting scolded. Greast was like "Haha, this woman will be mine, I want to xxxx this and xxxx that and xxxx". Big difference. I wonder if he will act like that toward Valentina. I hope that she can off Greast eventually.
Its not whether or not it was a mistake. If the readers didn't notice it and you did, all you need to do is just PM Setsuna and have him correct it. You do NOT need to boast about it here. It is annoying as heck seeing the same posts over and over again about how you spotted the mistake. Secondly, the kanji in the ACTUAL novel stated 槍, When you put it into chinese : is 矛 or 枪 . 矛 stands for the word " Spear " in chinese and "枪" represents either "Gun" or "Spear". So please ,if you are quarreling over something as small as "Whether Guns Existed or not", it should have ended like 6-7 posts ago with "It is a translation error from chinese to english." or "It is a misinterpretation by TL-er"

To the end of time...i will stay by you...Ti...gr..e
Leonardunitylim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 06:25   Link #3076
ngng
Ibekusa Makina daisuki!

I posted it because I had no idea whether it was a translation error or not. I don't have the original source to compare. I cannot even read Kanji. I was wondering that why after hundreds of people who read it did not say something about it. I was not even confident about my findings and I posted the comment to see whether other people will start noticing by now.

I did not boast about it, I repost the stuff over again or it would get buried by other people's comment when the number of pages increase on this thread. I did not PM the translator because I want other people's opinion. What if I was wrong and "guns" were there for real in the texts as in Asvarre do have them, would I not be laughed at? And this stuff from volume 6 was translated and released more than 3 MONTHS AGO, people should have caught it by now.

I am inferior in term of undestanding Japanese, I did not think I even have the qualification to tell him about something that I am not even sure if it was wrong without asking other people first. My previous posts were old now so you are welcomed to ignore them.

I repeated that this was my 4th time reading through volume 6 and I just caught the weirdness of "guns" until yesterday. I did not even notice it months ago. I just devided to re-read Madan from yesterday.

My thanks to Fenrisulfr for confirming the mistake become ammunition for you to attack me.This is sad. The spear thingy was settled sometime ago, you were late, mate. And to think that I just finished volume 7 chapter 2 posted by setsuna86 and I was in a good mood due to the awesome rescue, you just have to ruin my mood. I AM SO GONNA CRY!!!

Last edited by ngng; 2013-10-11 at 06:40.
Old 2013-10-11, 10:51   Link #3077
Fenrisulfr
私たち”友達”だから

Guys let's just forget everything and chill out, it wasn't anything serious anyways, this board is for people who love this series to come together and have fun discussing things.

I always love seeing Tigre using his black bow's power every vol, I wonder how the zchted w/e king will react once he finally finds out about it, he would probably either kill or enslave Tigre maybe.
Old 2013-10-11, 11:50   Link #3078
ngng
Ibekusa Makina daisuki!

I think King Victor is not an effective ruler. He put his subjects Vanadis in danger (Sofya) and he probably did not care. He behaved similar to Liu Bang after the Han Emperor united his kingdom like plotting behind his subjects, Victor stop short of killing them outright, but instead pit them against each other. He fears another power that can overthrow him (all rulers do especially someone who can't control his subjects effectively). He is wary of Tigre for having ties with his Vanadis and he might be seeking way to eliminate Tigre if the boy threatens his reign. However, he is a cautious man because he did not expand his kingdom aggressively. He still needs Vanadis to fight against Muozinel, but he probably will not care if they die because another new Vanadis will be chosen. Hence why current Vanadis dislike the king since he probably treats them as expendable but precious weapons.

Old 2013-10-11, 11:54   Link #3079
setsuna86

Quote:
I think King Victor is not an effective ruler. He put his subjects Vanadis in danger (Sofya) and he probably did not care. He behaved similar to Liu Bang after the Han Emperor united his kingdom like plotting behind his subjects, Victor stop short of killing them outright, but instead pit them against each other. He fears another power that can overthrow him (all rulers do especially someone who can't control his subjects effectively). He is wary of Tigre for having ties with his Vanadis and he might be seeking way to eliminate Tigre if the boy threatens his reign. However, he is a cautious man because he did not expand his kingdom aggressively. He still needs Vanadis to fight against Muozinel, but he probably will not care if they die because another new Vanadis will be chosen. Hence why current Vanadis dislike the king since he probably treats them as expendable but precious weapons.
You must firts know that King Victor hates the Vanadis; so if one or two die, it's not his problem, on the contrary, he will be glad. But, we can also say it's a good ruler with th reason Sasha in vol 6 ch 2 (not big intern struggles...)
Old 2013-10-11, 12:01   Link #3080
ngng
Ibekusa Makina daisuki!

@Fenrisulfr
When using the black bow together with the Dragonic Tools, the burden on Tigre is lessened and he deals more damage. Remind me of Uryu Ishida's Final Quincy Form's ability of converting spirit particles into one big arrow in the fight with Kurotsuchi. Coincidentally, both Tigre and Ishida used the bow.

Last edited by ngng; 2013-10-11 at 12:29.

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)