AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-09-28, 14:15   Link #5281
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Would anybody mind telling me if I'm getting Misaki right in this:

Spoiler for Toums' Busy Day 9:

Normally I'm pretty confident that I get her right, but I'm not so sure here. Any opinions?
Old 2013-09-28, 14:37   Link #5282
omega253

That was perfect, considering her conversation with Misaka at the start of NT8.

Troll Misaki for the win!
Old 2013-09-28, 14:48   Link #5283
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Excellent, thanks. Hopefully I'll have the new chapter out by Sunday or Monday. Maybe Tuesday if something comes up.
Old 2013-09-28, 16:20   Link #5284
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Servant View Post
Touma handled sword spam from both Fiamma and Birdway just fine. The problem is Gilgamesh's overwhelming physical superiority. Touma won't ever land a hit if Gilgamesh decides to actually move.
True which is why I also said it when considering the fight.

Sword spam of Fiamma is so freaking big and not explosive. Birdway too but what if destroying a noble phantasm result in explosion of prana stored in it. Negating it thoughtlessly would be a problem but your probably right.

It would be a hard fight if Gil starts moving but strength wise. I don't think Gil has strong physical strength unlike the other heroic spirits. He is more of an owner and sword spammer. Not a fighter which is why Shirou manage to win against him on UBW even if its a fluke or Shirou manage to surprise him.

Gil is just too arrogant for his own sake.

Touma can exploit that weakness of him with a surprise attack too.

A good crossover of index/fate is

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8953384/...hth-Contestant

I love this fic. It doesn't felt much force in the interaction between Touma and Kuritsugu though how the heck Touma manage to dimension travel felt a bit force but I let that go. I also like dimension travelling but IB is a problem for that one but initially it needed to be ignore if one needs to accept Touma dimension travelling.

ah.... Omega >_> I'm having problem with your to ascend now. It just doesn't felt right. Too much ooc on the characters and well its AU but I felt that some character are pushing it too the limits. And Touma would just steamroll everything. It doesn't felt right if there is not enough conflict and problem.

I like a story that even if the MC is OP. His OP would be render useless if his in trouble 24/7 that he can't think straight between problems.

Ah. Ilidsor. I like your fic of Touma's busy day. Its really busy
Old 2013-09-28, 16:42   Link #5285
omega253

Sorry to hear that, tsunade.

I kind of feel that I really rushed that chapter too....

Gah, it's alright if you don't want to read it anymore. Sometimes it really feels like I screwed the pooch with the character interaction and putting an AU Arc.

I just want to get this Arc over with.....
Old 2013-09-28, 16:53   Link #5286
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
Sorry to hear that, tsunade.

I kind of feel that I really rushed that chapter too....

Gah, it's alright if you don't want to read it anymore. Sometimes it really feels like I screwed the pooch with the character interaction and putting an AU Arc.

I just want to get this Arc over with.....
Its not that I don't want to read it anymore ( o_o I stop reading when Tsuchimikado is narrating on how crazy Touma is )

Its just that I love tension in the story OP characters are nice as long as there is still problem that even them can't solve easily.

Remember that I said I love the battle between touma and Index but I don't like when the place they battled with just fix. Its just felt super mary sue if everything is going to be fine.

I love battle. I'm a battle maniac but problems and unexpected turn of event spice up the story more. So I always prefer unexpected twist.

Look at how Othinus wins the game in NT 8. Nothing beats that kind of twist.

Even with enough preparation and no matter how hax your character is. There would be always a flaw and flaw makes a character likable and not a fu*ki*g sue!! YOU HEAR ME YOU DARN BLACKS SWORDSMAN! THAT CAN F*C*ING OVERCOME THE COMMAND OF THE GAME CREATOR!!! F*CKING SUE!
Old 2013-09-28, 16:57   Link #5287
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Tsun, breathe, breathe, I'm in agreement with you here; so please just breathe.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 17:07   Link #5288
omega253

Ahh, I know what you mean. I already have a big twist planned for the next chapter. Luckily I feel like if I play my cards right, I can just end it in the usual length of 5-6k words.

At this point, I seriously think I need a beta.

And how Othinus won was pretty awesome. I wonder Kamachi's going to pull out next. It seems like every time he gives a new volume, there's yet another mindscrew.
Old 2013-09-28, 19:30   Link #5289
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I wonder why I find Vento so captivating... Not really attractive, just captivating.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 19:41   Link #5290
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
I wonder why I find Vento so captivating... Not really attractive, just captivating.
It's the same reason why Touma saves people: you don't need a reason to find someone captivating.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2013-09-28, 21:40   Link #5291
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockz View Post
*paradrops in*

Sup, all. I was (admittedly rather narcissistically ) searching for discussions of In Memoriam around the web, and this thread turned up.

It's always nice to get a little unadulterated criticism, especially if it's something I can fix without having to alter or retcon existing material. That said, there were a couple things I wanted to address.
Hi there Shockz Compared to SB a lot of us here might be a bit more lenient and/or have differing opinions about what particularly is a bad thing for Raildex, so hopefully you won't be too put off by sticking around here and reading some of our comments
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 22:33   Link #5292
omega253

Right, so I just got a crack fic idea in my head and I'm going to share it with all of you cracky people.

The left hand counterpart to the Holy Right is......

Crazy Hand. From Super Smash Bros.

As in, the giant white glove that can do weird crap.

You may all proceed to imagine the crackiness.
Old 2013-09-28, 22:43   Link #5293
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Sorry, no crack ideas coming my way here.

My ass is listening to music to gain some inspiration for future content with Project Darkness.

As it stands, I'm listening to Big Girls Don't Cry......don't ask why and don't you dare judge me.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2013-09-28, 22:51   Link #5294
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Ah, ah...

I remember I had this idea...

I called it 'Weekend at Bersti's'...

Basically, Kihara Kagun was pretty much dead on the onset... so it was up to Touma to drag his dead body around during the events of NT4... and make sure all his scenes would turn out more or less the same...
Old 2013-09-28, 22:52   Link #5295
Gray Servant

Oh god that's horrible

I'd read it.
Gray Servant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 22:57   Link #5296
omega253

Another crack idea.

A magic spell somehow bypasses Touma's Imagine Breaker and turns him into a shota. Now, with the aid of Stiyl, Tsuchimikado, and other people that don't want to see the Kami-yan Disease: Shota Revision spread, they have to keep him safe from the crazed females that want to 'take care' of him.
Old 2013-09-28, 22:57   Link #5297
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Kinda tramatising if you think about it. I mean, given Touma's personality and how guilty he felt about not being able to save Kagun during the events in Baggage City, I'd think this would probably be the hardest task he would ever be forced to do.

Carting around dead weight is bad enough, carting around the dead body of the person who helped him save everyone would just be just plain cruel. I can already imagine the backlash of guilt that would remain present in Touma's head the entire time he's forced to do this.

Not sure how I would feel about it, but I'd say it would be pretty heart-wrenching especially since Kagun was a pretty cool fella in my opinion.

Quote:
A magic spell somehow bypasses Touma's Imagine Breaker and turns him into a shota. Now, with the aid of Stiyl, Tsuchimikado, and other people that don't want to see the Kami-yan Disease: Shota Revision spread, they have to keep him safe from the crazed females that want to 'take care' of him.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to hell, because I'd read it.

At least this way Birdway stands more of a chance since, you know, he's now in her age-range.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2013-09-28, 22:58   Link #5298
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
Another crack idea.

Musujime would become very happy
Old 2013-09-28, 23:08   Link #5299
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
Kinda tramatising if you think about it. I mean, given Touma's personality and how guilty he felt about not being able to save Kagun during the events in Baggage City, I'd think this would probably be the hardest task he would ever be forced to do.
Well, it was a Super SS idea that's light hearted in delivery... The only reason I thought of it was because of the pun on 'Weekend at Bernie's'...

I guess what I had in mind was for Kagun to trip over himself and instantaneously die for no reason. And Touma, knowing how the events of the novel are supposed to develop, resorts to puppeteer him from his back... In fact, the reason why 'Kagun' insisted Kumokawa to find Touma was because Touma didn't want to carry around Kagun while helping her...

And the fight with Biyori dealing with 'near death' attacks was also a joke in itself.
Old 2013-09-28, 23:11   Link #5300
omega253

And some of the onee-san girls (Kanzaki, Oriana, Orsola) would go crazy trying to treat him like a little kid. Touma himself would be somewhere between turning red as a tomato (becoming even more adorable in their eyes) or freaked out and trying to run.

Hell, even Laura and the Royal Family would get in on the chaos.

Not to mention what happens if Touma's class finds out....

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction