AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-12-31, 16:15   Link #3781
Kitsoru
:3c

Wow Eeni, that's quite impressive! Thanks, that makes our lives a whole lot easier when trying to figure this crap out.

And thanks for the timeline translation Deacon, now I can go make sure the one on the Wiki is accurate~
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 16:30   Link #3782
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Preventer 5? I never considered that canon for some reason.

By the way, I just read through vol. 2 of GoL and uh... did Marquis Weridge really tell Relena to her face that she looks like her real mom Katrina while Mr. Darlian is standing right beside her???
Unless Mrs. Darlian is called Katrina, too, that's one heck of a blooper. More so than the iron bar running through the circus lion's head or Wu Fei's ever disappearing wristbands. xD
The novel references it :x

More timeline goodness in a bit!

Edit: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...97#post3702297 I forgot about that :P
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.

Last edited by Deacon Blues; 2011-12-31 at 17:18.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 17:29   Link #3783
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Preventer 5? I never considered that canon for some reason.

By the way, I just read through vol. 2 of GoL and uh... did Marquis Weridge really tell Relena to her face that she looks like her real mom Katrina while Mr. Darlian is standing right beside her???
Unless Mrs. Darlian is called Katrina, too, that's one heck of a blooper. More so than the iron bar running through the circus lion's head or Wu Fei's ever disappearing wristbands. xD
That completely went over my head. Thanks for pointing that out. Mrs.Darlian's first name has already been revealed as Mareen. Either Relena has been informed of her heritage in the manga or she thought nothing of his comment and Mr.Darlian chose not to say anything.
Old 2011-12-31, 17:57   Link #3784
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Of course Mrs. Darlian is named Katrina. Half the damn females in the entire franchise since Frozen Teardrop came out are named "Katherine" or some variation of. >.>
Though I'd love to agree, in all fairness, FT added only two "Katherines"; Sally's daughter and Quatre's little sis. The others, like Quatre's mom, Trowa's sis and Relena's mom (which possibly got retconned to be her grandma) were there already. Though I'm sure before the novel ends, we'll be introduced to several more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
The novel references it :x
The very novel that has Treize make out with his mom. >_> Yeah, I don't think so.

No seriously, Preventer 5 always felt tacked on to me. Nevermind its brilliance.
EW: "And Gundams were never seen again."
Sally in P5: "We built a dummy Wing Zero!" *facepalm*
Honestly, why did they bother with that dang epilogue in EW when every work retcons it? Heck, when the movie itself retcons it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
That completely went over my head. Thanks for pointing that out. Mrs.Darlian's first name has already been revealed as Mareen. Either Relena has been informed of her heritage in the manga or she thought nothing of his comment and Mr.Darlian chose not to say anything.
Truth to be told, Marquis Weridge strikes me as a little odd in GoL. In the series he was way more reserved and sober. In this manga he kind of has the attitude of a slightly loony old man or something.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 18:32   Link #3785
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

So according to this timeline thing... Quaterine is like 5 years old when she pulls that image trace mumbo jumbo. Ugh. #damnnovel

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2011-12-31, 20:23   Link #3786
Eeni

Ya, Preventer 5 was so forced that I couldn't take it as cannon... The way the situation was dealt with was just so out of the way and out of character for the pilots.

Marquis Weridge came off as a respectable older man with a sense of humor.... now he's a rubs off as a loose, respectable old man.

Anywho, I worked out some ages for FT:
  • original pilots are currently 44 years old
  • Zechs & Noin are 47
  • Lady Une would be 53
  • Mariemaia ... I ran into a problem here, I thought she was born in AC 187 but sources that I'm looking up say she was only 7 in EW, making her birth year AC 189. Does anyone know for sure about this?
  • The Peacecraft twins were born in AC 206 (MC 0013 First Season, my guess is during 1st Spring), making them 18 years old
  • Duo Jr. was born in AC 209 (MC 0014 Next Season, again, my guess is Next Winter), he is 15
  • If Quatrine Oud Winner was born during 1st Season of MC 0015, that would make her 14 (b. AC 210); if she were born in Next Season that makes her 13 (b. AC 211)
  • I have no idea how old Trowa Phobos is supposed to be... so ya

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Last edited by Eeni; 2011-12-31 at 21:49.
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 20:55   Link #3787
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Quaterine is 4 in MC-0019. Duo Jr. is 4 in MC-0017 NEXT SUMMER.

Old 2011-12-31, 21:45   Link #3788
Eeni

Quote:
Quaterine is 4 in MC-0019. Duo Jr. is 4 in MC-0017 NEXT SUMMER.
That doesn't make sense... if Oud was 4 in MC-0019 that would mean she was born in AC 213, making her an 11 year old terrorist theif who pilots a weapon of mass distruction and has joined the dark side with a 44 year old defrosted popsicle during the present story.

Jr.'s birth year should be correct.

Oh ya, I forgot Kathy Po. Do we know how old shes supposed to be?

WuFei's disappearing waist band??? I'm confused, when did this happen?

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Last edited by Eeni; 2012-01-01 at 00:33.
Old 2012-01-01, 06:48   Link #3789
Kitsoru
:3c

We have no idea about Kathy. Quaterine is indeed 4 in MC0019 (she says so herself iirc). So yes, she is 10-11.

Welcome to Gundam.

And let's not get into another fruitless canonicity discussion.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 08:49   Link #3790
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

this novel makes me cry. That's all I can say after catching up on the last few months of FT during which I ignored its existence (a reaction naturally prompted by reading it)

It's like reading a morphine-addicts memoirs and not in a good way... v___v

I think someone asked this before, but do we know how it's being received in Japan?
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 15:42   Link #3791
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Here's the second page of the timeline. So far it's pretty much what I've outlined in the past... lol

Spoiler:

Old 2012-01-01, 16:08   Link #3792
FalsePrime

Quote:
Here's the second page of the timeline. So far it's pretty much what I've outlined in the past... lol

Spoiler:
Dear lord, talk about a train wreck. I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 00:04   Link #3793
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
Dear lord, talk about a train wreck. I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space.
LOL! This is gonna be my new quote!

So we're sticking to Oud being 11 in the story? Grrrrr... that's a rather young pilot, but then again she supposed to be exceptional with her keyboard and all.

Looking at the timeline that Deacon has translated for us, it doesn't look, or even seem likely that Hilde is Jr.'s mother... Hilde might be right about Duo spreading his seed across the universe.

Also, I'm a bit confused, who or what is supposed to be using Zechs data from his time piloting the Epyon? Or is it just downloaded information that the Neuenheim Concern are using and installing into their Mars Suits in order to have the upper hand?

Last edited by Eeni; 2012-01-02 at 11:09.
Old 2012-01-02, 00:26   Link #3794
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

maybe some explanation why Quaterine is too young to pilot gundam like she a designer baby that created just to use gundam.

or she is Quatre Fem Clone

also Duo II being 4 on MC-0017 is kinda confusing-ish unleash if they round his age up (or author just forgot to add 9 month for pregnancy)

Last edited by RRW; 2012-01-02 at 13:50. Reason: spelling
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 10:20   Link #3795
Mareike

Hm. So the real Zechs was actually after the Epyon and not Elve's killer as previously released.

Quat Oud, age 4, enrolling in a junior high. Wow. That's just... waaay advance. Then again, just how old was Heero when he was toting that rocket launcher? 7? 8? Why am I even surprised. *facepalm*

I'm curious about the Zechs Merquise program, though. So it contains the real Zechs' data from before, but since it "defected", it means it has its own consciousness as well? Does this mean it also has a physical body?
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 11:01   Link #3796
Black Lion

So far we have remakes of Wing Zero (Snow White), Deathscythe (Warlock), Heavyarms (Prometheus), Tallgeese (Heaven) and Epyon (Bai)

Am I missing any, or have the two most overlooked Wing suits (Sandrock and Altron) been overlooked once again?

I agree that they're taking too long with this project, especially to reveal the designs. Though if they're still releasing the chapters I imagine they're selling well enough. Makes me wonder how much these new Gundams are actually going to be accepted by Bandai / Sunrise... do you think we'll actually get models or video game appearances out of them? Or are they going to be like the majority of sidestory suits and get nothing but a picture or two then ignored for the rest of time? From how long it's taking them to show the MS, it doesn't look like Bandai cares much about the marketability of them.

Last edited by Black Lion; 2012-01-02 at 11:18.
Black Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 13:24   Link #3797
Aldaeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Lion View Post
So far we have remakes of Wing Zero (Snow White), Deathscythe (Warlock), Heavyarms (Prometheus), Tallgeese (Heaven) and Epyon (Bai)

Am I missing any, or have the two most overlooked Wing suits (Sandrock and Altron) been overlooked once again?

I agree that they're taking too long with this project, especially to reveal the designs. Though if they're still releasing the chapters I imagine they're selling well enough. Makes me wonder how much these new Gundams are actually going to be accepted by Bandai / Sunrise... do you think we'll actually get models or video game appearances out of them? Or are they going to be like the majority of sidestory suits and get nothing but a picture or two then ignored for the rest of time? From how long it's taking them to show the MS, it doesn't look like Bandai cares much about the marketability of them.
Scheherazade which would be the new Sandrock, and Altron's place has been taken by the Epyon Bai.

They're taking a long time I agree... But hopefully with the release of the Heavyarms MG we'll start to see some of the new suits. Worst case we end up having to wait for Glory to get through Endless Waltz to see wtf they look like, because it's supposed to patch the holes between the Series, OVA, and FT. The other point is that, they could be waiting to make some big announcement as Unicorn's OVA gets close to its end meaning around ep. 5 of UC...
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 13:53   Link #3798
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

huh isnt that (according to perspective pilot)

Sandrock -> Prometheus

Heavyarms -> Scheherazade

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 15:36   Link #3799
Black Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaeus View Post
Scheherazade which would be the new Sandrock, and Altron's place has been taken by the Epyon Bai.

They're taking a long time I agree... But hopefully with the release of the Heavyarms MG we'll start to see some of the new suits. Worst case we end up having to wait for Glory to get through Endless Waltz to see wtf they look like, because it's supposed to patch the holes between the Series, OVA, and FT. The other point is that, they could be waiting to make some big announcement as Unicorn's OVA gets close to its end meaning around ep. 5 of UC...
If you're hinting at what I think you're hinting at, then I'm all for it.

And I was under the impressions that Trowa Phobos was piloting Prometheus, my mistake. It's tough to keep up with what's going on, even with all the people translating bits and pieces. If only we could get official releases of novels here.
Old 2012-01-02, 16:37   Link #3800
Miss Yuy

Thank you Mr Deacon Blue for all you efforts you have made ... I have just read the sec vol. Of GOL .. It was really great...

But why the Marshall told relena that her mother was "kathrine" and there wasn't any kind of astonishment on Relena's face ?!!!

Although I haven't read yet Frozen Teardrop but I know from Wiki that Mrs Darlian called Mareen/Marline not Kathrine

There is a mystry in the manga and Novel espically the Novel :
* Why The leader Heero Yuy exactly like Heero the pilot ?
* Is kathrine Relena's Mother or Grandmother ?
according to Wiki she was 50 years old in 180 AC so she was monopause and couldn't be pregnant and became a mother of Relena but The image of King Peacraft at Episode 9 show that he was also an old man!!!
* Quatrine is so alike to Quatre who is similar to Iria who is similar to her mother!!! No one is similar to Zayed
espically Quatrine , She is resemble to Kathrine Winner although she was dead too many years before her birth!!!
* and What about Trowa phopos and Trowa Barton they are too alike to each other ?!!!

I think after all this I should read FT after every thing become clear for me after finishing the translation of the last chapter or I will explode *_*

Happy New year
Miss Yuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing