AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-04, 14:43   Link #41
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I have to admit I also find it hilarious that people are already dismissing Mihawk as weak just because Jozu blocked his attack. Nevermind the fact that his attack was solely aimed at Whitebeard, as I mentioned in the previous page.
I agree that it's hilarious and ridiculous, but I also think the reverse is true. We don't even know what Jozu can do, but because of Mihawk's power, we assume that he'll brush right by him. It's not unfathomable that a member of Whitebeard's crew could take a member of the Shichibukai or a Marine Admiral. I mean, Rayleigh, as the first mate of Whitebeard's rival crew, in his old age and rustiness fought Kizaru to a draw, so why can't we believe that there are men of similar caliber in Whitebeard's crew?

I think it'll be a nice interesting fight, though who will take it is a tough one to call for me.

As for Luffy, all he wants to do is free Ace, but undoubtedly he'll get caught up in the fighting. It's not as though Ace will just be open for the saving.

@ no chapter next week.
Old 2009-08-04, 14:59   Link #42
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Jeezuz. JOz blocking Hawkeye's attack has generated a huge amount of responses, all based on that 1 line. Good grief. Its amazing how much discussion can take place over that.

Joz has an interesting ability. Amazing defensive capability, but equally, It could make for 1 hell of a destructive power if combined with his monsterous strength.

I've been saying for a long time, Marco is a badass and he'll do something amazing. I hope he does fight Kizaru and wins.
Old 2009-08-04, 15:33   Link #43
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Btw, does anybody else think Whitebeard is some kind of hybrid giant or something? Not only his size, but also the way he spoke to Shanks, it sounded like he had a much longer lifespan than everyone else.
Old 2009-08-04, 16:31   Link #44
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf777 View Post
Btw, does anybody else think Whitebeard is some kind of hybrid giant or something? Not only his size, but also the way he spoke to Shanks, it sounded like he had a much longer lifespan than everyone else.
What gave it away, the beard or the medical equipment? lol.
Old 2009-08-04, 16:36   Link #45
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Lol, no when he said to Shanks 'It's only been a moment in time for me.'
Old 2009-08-04, 17:10   Link #46
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Gas and Smoke are quite diffrent substances, gas devilfruit would be pretty nice specially if he could control what type of gas he emits (flammable, disabling),
Magellan was already shown to use knock-out gas/tear gas, so I strongly doubt Marco would have a gas ability similar to what Magellan has already shown.
Old 2009-08-04, 17:11   Link #47
Vree

He doesn't have a beard...

And Blackbeard doesn't have one, either.

...What kind of lame manga am I reading? @o<
Old 2009-08-04, 17:12   Link #48
Rainbowman

My review:

Mini-story: None. Had to go with a colorspread. I'd like to see that colorspread when the pics are out.

Main Story: Akainu waiting patiently. I could deal with that. I'm rather disappointed that Doflamingo hasn't shown his powers yet. On the upside one of the captains showed that he could possibly have a diamond logia when he turned his body into diamond.
Old 2009-08-04, 17:17   Link #49
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post
He doesn't have a beard...

And Blackbeard doesn't have one, either.

...What kind of lame manga am I reading? @o<
In Japanese, the word 'hige', which is used in WB and BB's names means facial hair..... it's the same word used for mustache. It's just that in English, Whitebeard and Blackbeard sounds much better.
Old 2009-08-04, 19:01   Link #50
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I have to admit I also find it hilarious that people are already dismissing Mihawk as weak just because Jozu blocked his attack.
There are lots of idiots that post absolute rubbish on Arlong Park. I'm honestly not surprised to see this kind of crap coming from them.

Anyways, Jozu really caught my attention in this chapter. I knew that he would be a freakin' beast, but having the power to convert his body into diamond is absolutely insane. Without a doubt, he has to got to have one of the strongest defenses in the One Piece universe. This makes me want to see him take on Kuma even more. They're both tanks with nearly indestructible bodies and I think that makes them complement each other very well.
Old 2009-08-04, 19:22   Link #51
AnbuItachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Anyways, Jozu really caught my attention in this chapter. I knew that he would be a freakin' beast, but having the power to convert his body into diamond is absolutely insane. Without a doubt, he has to got to have one of the strongest defenses in the One Piece universe. This makes me want to see him take on Kuma even more. They're both tanks with nearly indestructible bodies and I think that makes them complement each other very well.
I dont think Kuma's body is close to being as hard as diamond... Kuma can prob just teleport hiim away. I'm surprised Kuma didn't teleport NEXT to whitebeard and just Whush, gone.. I guess that wouldn't make much of a story lol

Wow Diamond Fruit ability. Kizaru can really use this to his advantage. Shoot a beam in and a RAINBOW of beams come shooting out creating massive damage!! hahahah

Wow whitebeards crew is impressive. With Diamond ability and most likely Haki, I can see him beating people like Ace and other logias. He makes Mr. 1 LOOK BAD

In this fight I want to see Mihawk vs Whitebeard the most... We kinda know Mihawk rivaled shanks with 2 arms. Even if Mihawk is weaker he shouldn't be THAT much weaker... I hope Mihawk ties with Whitebeard so Luffy and Zoro's dream will be on par and whitebeard and shanks will be sorta on par
Old 2009-08-04, 19:54   Link #52
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Magellan was already shown to use knock-out gas/tear gas, so I strongly doubt Marco would have a gas ability similar to what Magellan has already shown.
Plus I don't see how that would be able to stop light.

Quote:
Anyways, Jozu really caught my attention in this chapter. I knew that he would be a freakin' beast, but having the power to convert his body into diamond is absolutely insane.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuItachi View Post
I dont think Kuma's body is close to being as hard as diamond... Kuma can prob just teleport hiim away. I'm surprised Kuma didn't teleport NEXT to whitebeard and just Whush, gone.. I guess that wouldn't make much of a story lol
Naw, I don't think it being that simple. Plus the moment he gets near Whitebeard, he can cause a earthquake and throw Kuma off balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuItachi View Post
Wow Diamond Fruit ability. Kizaru can really use this to his advantage. Shoot a beam in and a RAINBOW of beams come shooting out creating massive damage!! hahahah
LMAO!

You get Rep points from me for actually making me laugh.[/QUOTE]
Old 2009-08-04, 20:09   Link #53
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
I'm LOL at most forums going into a frenzy about Joz blocking Mihawks shot, that was intended for a Newagte and claiming Mihawk is weak. The funny thing is that there seriously calling hawk eye's weak and are not joking about it.
Well yeah, to an extent I expected more from him. But There should be a demarcation bewteen the Shichibukai and the Yonkou. I DO expect that if Mihawk DOES charge at the Whitebeard crew again, then he should do some damage. It's lame for him to be deflected. And it would be strange, if not slightly disorienting if we areable to assume that Zoro has reached Mihawk's level already.

Asura is a top grade move. Zoro can't cut diamonds either. But for now I'll just go with the theory that Mihawk just wasn't expecting a diamond defense at the first attack. And that he'll step up his game next chapter.

I don't think that Hancock will actually actively attack Whitebeard or his crew, though. Not only because she knows that Whitebeard is loosely on Luffy's side, (unknowingly too), but also because she doesn't strike me as the type to care about the World Government's fight.

I HOPE that not all of the division commanders are DF users. And...please god...don't let Shanks turn out to be an aquatic-zoan or something. Whitebeard wasn't disappointing, and I KNEW that Marco had a DF. Jozu looked more like a close range fighter, and I hoped he would be more of a profficient hands-on type of guy without a DF.

What would be REALLY awesome and unexpected would be if Akainu turned out to be nothing more than raw human. No DF.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2009-08-04, 20:38   Link #54
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Jeezuz. JOz blocking Hawkeye's attack has generated a huge amount of responses, all based on that 1 line. Good grief. Its amazing how much discussion can take place over that.
Cause it means if Mihawk does not casually dismiss Jonz next chapter and continue at Whitebeard it's time for Zoro to get some new dreams!!

I'm glad to see Whitebeard punking folks...

Oh and LULZ at Doflamingo just asking Mihawk a question about him attacking Whitebeard I was hoping he would jump in...

One Piece is much better without Luffy [Oh that hurt].......
Old 2009-08-04, 21:02   Link #55
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

^^^
I'm wondering why Doflamingo didn't just start things off himself.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2009-08-04, 21:10   Link #56
AnbuItachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
^^^
I'm wondering why Doflamingo didn't just start things off himself.
he looks like an arrogant guy so he's probably waiting for some strong dood to come at him lol
Old 2009-08-04, 22:13   Link #57
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
There are lots of idiots that post absolute rubbish on Arlong Park. I'm honestly not surprised to see this kind of crap coming from them.

thought luma merely had a paw paw fruit that can push/deflect literally anything? I think his body quite still be injured if he didn't manage to use his hands to deflect.

I'm actually slightly disappointed if his fruit is just a diamond fruit. That merely makes him a stronger version of mr 1's fruit. Or in some respects worse if only his body turns to diamond and he can't change shape to cut.

I expect jozu to rush mihawk and get pushed back by a slash from mihawkthat is able to cut him as a warning. Mihawk should then end the fight without real conclusion by saying that he wasn't interested in fighting him. Mihawk could end in style of sitting down and taking a nap
Old 2009-08-04, 22:59   Link #58
AnbuItachi

pretty sure he can change it. its always like that,

Kuma can be injured if he doesn't deflect. It was shown in the thriller arc. Zoro cut him.. or at least his clothes lol
Old 2009-08-04, 23:14   Link #59
ArabianLuffy
One King One Legend

i was wondering how they could stop that over-powered DF xP And it seems Mihawk is aiming higher as well Can't wait to see ^^
Old 2009-08-05, 00:59   Link #60
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs up

Alright just checked some Pics of Marco and Joz etc etc, 1st things 1st, The Whitbeard Pirates are the strongest, now Joz blocked Mihawk's attack and it obviously NOT Mihawk strongest attack. Yes the Obvious had to be stated before a bad case of moronism break out here like on AP. Now I feel good about Marco taking on Yellow, but Joz leave Mihawk the **** alone, you blocking his attack didn't phase him one bit. In any case its foreshadowed that Miahwk can slice up diamond, so why don't you just leave Hawk Eye's alone and go beat up on Moria.....that's what he's there for, to be a punching bag.
Closed Thread