AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-12-12, 14:15   Link #481
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
The rating that the some people from Newtype give it that have reviewed this new project. Like movie ratings, but then for this
The geass rating is prob about.. well geass, how much about geass it contains
Originality speaks for itself
Challenge, how big of a challenge will the main character will have to fight through
Shock rating, plot twists and all that, thing to make us go @-@ WTF AMI READN
Addiction rating, how hooked it will be
Ah, thank you for clarifying that in any rate. A bit mixed in terms of the review results but it should be interesting to read in any event
Old 2009-12-13, 01:06   Link #482
Fishcaek-Chan
Victory is taken!

Send a message via Yahoo to Fishcaek-Chan
Oh this is going to be FANTASTIC!!
I'm expecting alot from this, especially considering all the hype that was put into it.

Fishcaek-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 05:14   Link #483
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
isn't it usually the other way around
the more hype, the less awesome it is (because it has to live up to impossible expectations)
Old 2009-12-13, 06:47   Link #484
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
isn't it usually the other way around
the more hype, the less awesome it is (because it has to live up to impossible expectations)
Usually yes, I am having second guesses about this all
But that because it is a manga, I didn't enjoy the manga of Geass, for some reason it is drawn quite stiff and it all moves at a too fast pace that you cannot fully grasp intention, reason and development. For some reason non of the character cling to me cause it is too fast and stiff and I fear this one will be the same.
If it was drawn differently with more dynamic and slower paced with more character dept then it would've been so much better
And seeing the scans my fear of stiff characters and drawings would IMO become reality
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 09:13   Link #485
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Ah... ok, so this is a prequel... Bad word... I don't like prequels. What's the use of watching something when you've already seen the outcome...

Then there's the lame attempt to capitalize on the popularity (or how the hell is this character even popular) of the CG cast by having C.C., a long haired Lelouch lookalike and a main lead that unfortunately resembles Suzaku.

Call me not impressed. I'd be slightly more lenient if this wasn't a prequel. Now, if you think you can do better (or equally well anyway) without the original CG cast (mainly Lelouch) as a number of people seem to fervently advocate, you should have the balls to create totally new characters (as in, also utilize new character designs). Most of us know they wouldn't be able to do that, they apparently know that as well, and this project is proof enough.

Of course, the fact that it's a manga means I won't be seeing it anytime soon so, in the end, whatever.
Old 2009-12-13, 09:17   Link #486
tsunade666

so is it animated or just manga? I'm kinda confused. I tried to read the previews post but all is assuming like ova. will NoN be animated and doesn't like suzaku being main soooo not to be animated. .............

so is " rebirt " a anime or manga?
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 09:52   Link #487
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
so is it animated or just manga? I'm kinda confused. I tried to read the previews post but all is assuming like ova. will NoN be animated and doesn't like suzaku being main soooo not to be animated. .............

so is " rebirt " a anime or manga?
this is a new manga
not anime, not ova, not NoN nothing like that
The word animation should not even be considered

just a new manga to put next to Lelouch of the Rebellion, Suzaku of the counter attack and Nightmare of Nunnally

and I don't believe this is a prequel either, more like an AU and then back in time
It can't be a prequel because CC wasn't in Japan yet at this point, she can't be in Europe and Japan at the same time
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 10:27   Link #488
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
and I don't believe this is a prequel either, more like an AU and then back in time
It can't be a prequel because CC wasn't in Japan yet at this point, she can't be in Europe and Japan at the same time
First, considering there is little to no real information about where C.C. was or wasn't during most of her life, I don't think that's any kind of obstacle to this being a prequel. You can easily argue she went to Japan or even visited half the world at one point and then returned to Europe. In theory, there's enough room to pull off this kind of thing.

Second, a prequel is pretty much what comes to mind after reading that this "...will be an episode within the ‘Code Geass History.’ There will be stories from two different eras in the same world." The exact phrasing might always be mistranslated but it doesn't seem to imply this is an AU, unless you have a better interpretation.

Third, a prequel gives at least a bit of logical sense to the resemblance these two character designs have to Lelouch and Suzaku. While some might think this is unoriginal, I believe people who may in fact be related can and do tend to look very similar, more often than not, instead of going through the route of making children who look nothing like their parents or grandparents (and going back even further). This hasn't been confirmed, no, but could be the case.

That's one of the more common ways of handling such things. Who hasn't seen some random anime or cartoon where, say, the ancestor of person X looks almost exactly like person X?

Last edited by Xander; 2009-12-13 at 10:39.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 15:49   Link #489
Kuroshinobu

C.C. can be anywhere and everywhere, but no where at all because she is C.C.

Magical.
Kuroshinobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 16:42   Link #490
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

"Rebirth" huh .
C.C will revive Lelouch and all Hail Britania again .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 17:31   Link #491
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
"Rebirth" huh .
C.C will revive Lelouch and all Hail Britania again .
Allow me to give the simple answer to that;

NO!
Just NO!

That's it.
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 21:17   Link #492
Kuroshinobu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Allow me to give the simple answer to that;

NO!
Just NO!

That's it.
Here we go again... Quick, someone drop the subject before a war is started :[
Kuroshinobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 22:20   Link #493
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

This manga series will prove that CC is actually Lelouch's great-great-great-great grandmother!

ho yeah, incest, baby.
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 22:20   Link #494
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshinobu View Post
Here we go again... Quick, someone drop the subject before a war is started :[
Lol I find the wars over Lelouch subject being alive or not, really funny because its such an easy spark too lit.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 22:30   Link #495
eaglei3

Just to divert the attention away from the never ending debate...

Theoretically thinking here (aka, this is something I thought of), imagine that if in this new manga, the Lelouch looking guy, ends up getting a code somehow, Renya beats him by 'sealing him' somehow while dying to do this, manga timeline ends, and the Lelouch look-a-like breaks out of this 'seal' around oh... we will say half a year to a year after Zero Requiem since we are guessing this manga takes place centuries before Code Geass. Let the carnage ensue as everyone from the first series wonders who the Lelouch look-a-like guy is then.
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 22:32   Link #496
GundamFan0083

So you're suggesting a Keep version of Code Geass where the Mysterious Man is Radou Rasalom?

Sounds interesting.

Last edited by GundamFan0083; 2009-12-13 at 22:43. Reason: added link to what "the Keep" is.
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 22:34   Link #497
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglei3 View Post
Just to divert the attention away from the never ending debate...

Theoretically thinking here (aka, this is something I thought of), imagine that if in this new manga, the Lelouch looking guy, ends up getting a code somehow, Renya beats him by 'sealing him' somehow while dying to do this, manga timeline ends, and the Lelouch look-a-like breaks out of this 'seal' around oh... we will say half a year to a year after Zero Requiem since we are guessing this manga takes place centuries before Code Geass. Let the carnage ensue as everyone from the first series wonders who the Lelouch look-a-like guy is then.
Nice its actually an interesting story twist
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 01:08   Link #498
stardrago

And if they make another twist when C's World replaces or merges the Lelouch look-a-like guy mind with Lelouch's that will mess with people's mind
stardrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 02:27   Link #499
yvj
U Mad?

I'm sorry but I can't get that excited for a manga. Maybe I'm the only one that feels that way.

Also I am of the opinion that a prequel has much more potential to stink than a sequel or an alternative universe. If this new project is heavily tied up with the CG we know and love, then the writer is limited to what can and can't happen.
Old 2009-12-14, 02:31   Link #500
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
I'm sorry but I can't get that excited for a manga. Maybe I'm the only one that feels that way.
Eh, I'm not too thrilled about it either. I haven't really read any of the other CG mangas and depending on how this one is received I may not read it either.

Quote:
Also I am of the opinion that a prequel has much more potential to stink than a sequel or an alternative universe. If this new project is heavily tied up with the CG we know and love, then the writer is limited to what can and can't happen.
Ditto on that as well.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, mecha