AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 42 47.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 28.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 15.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.68%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.14%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-09, 15:34   Link #61
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Hahaha a very enjoyable episode, really just gotta love Sawa-chan.
Weirdly as gorgeous and sexy as she looked this ep I still find myself thinking she would be an awesome older sister

LOL@ Mugi-chan and her dream, really just like with the fries int he 1st season stuff like that just makes me love Mugi-chan more and more.
Old 2010-06-09, 15:53   Link #62
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It is fun to watch the bride and bridesmaid when Sawako jump on the stage and her performance. The husband seems lost for a moment, then gets with his wife's spirit and then the crowd follows their example. (Sawako still looks the part even though she's wearing a nice dress)

Also Azusa bouncing to the music was a cute touch. (Mio can't pull off that look).

This almost makes you want to see a version of Sawako's Light Music years. The girls looked like there were pretty much similar to the current Light Music Club, when not on stage that is.

Also does this have a touch of KyoAni's "God Knows" quality animation in it? Its not a full concert, but the pieces they did animate were interesting.
Old 2010-06-09, 16:03   Link #63
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
They probably have super high budget from all of those moe scenes... (and Yui doesn't look punkish, she just looks cute )

Ui avoided the... "is Yui going to grow up to be an adult"... she's probably thinking... "She'll grow up but her body's still the same lol"

so if K-ON! first season and K-ON!! second season... it'll probably be K-ON!!! third season
Old 2010-06-09, 16:04   Link #64
kitten320

Azusa had really gotten into mood there
Husband doesn't seem to be in that kind of music, but since his wife supports it somuch, he decided to join
Duno why, but I like that moment
Old 2010-06-09, 17:11   Link #65
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Azusa had really gotten into mood there
Husband doesn't seem to be in that kind of music, but since his wife supports it somuch, he decided to join
Duno why, but I like that moment
IMO Azunyan failed badly in looking punk the most......she's just too naturally cute to be punk.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-06-09, 18:15   Link #66
sunwen

I didn't overlook the moment when Mugi rejoiced to imagine the Yurelation between Sawako and her friend.
Old 2010-06-09, 18:33   Link #67
CWW
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Ui avoided the... "is Yui going to grow up to be an adult"... she's probably thinking... "She'll grow up but her body's still the same lol"
I imagine it'd be the other way around. Picture Sawa-chan with Yui's brains (or lack thereof).
Old 2010-06-09, 18:42   Link #68
shomai
Doujinshi arteeeest :D

To me this episode stands out the most...it had a lot of epic moments, overflowing than it could package! And dayuum Sawa-chan doing her metal thing really hit it off XD

Also I thought that the other K-On members being on the sidelines was awkward...and Yui messing up like she did an episode ago...and Sawa-chan stealing the show although she was pretty aware of how awkward it might turn out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunwen View Post
I didn't overlook the moment when Mugi rejoiced to imagine the Yurelation between Sawako and her friend.
LOL was thnkng the same thng XD
Old 2010-06-09, 18:47   Link #69
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Fun episode. The girls looked like 80's glam metal rejects. Sawako not being able to stand the Death Devil legacy (in her mind) being crapped upon, and then bringing the heat when it was needed. Nice song too.

I'd be up for watching a miniseries on Death Devil as well.
Old 2010-06-09, 20:18   Link #70
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Freaking hilarious episode from the moment Ritsu pulled out the picture of Sawako in her old costume with the extremely fitting music I ended up laughing, or giggling throughout most of the episode until the the awesome concert at the end, which was very different than normal for K-ON but was epic at the same time.

Comedy wise the best episode of the series so far; way too many funny parts for me to note besides where I started laughing this time .
MAL
Old 2010-06-09, 20:42   Link #71
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

This K-ON!! episode shreds the face off of every other K-ON!! episode so far this season. It has made moe metal. It has made it blacker than the blackest black, times infinity.

It starts off pretty typically. Yui is in full idiot mode this week. Fortunately, this episode isn't about her, so nobody can really be arsed to care. She still, however, wins Most Annoying Character of the Week award. Though KyoAni is willing to have a little fun at her expense:

YUI: "Will I be an adult when I grow up?"
UI: "..... how about some more juice?"

We learn that Sawako's old band is trying to get back together . . . to be wedding singers. Sawako wants nothing to do with it because . . . that's just not very metal. Fortunately her friend, (stage-name: Christina) hatches a plan after noticing a bunch of moe-blobs staring at her like a bunch of dead fish. That's right, she plans to sacrifice them to awaken the troll Mustakrakish.

No, not really. As Dr. Rockso, the rock and roll clown (he does cocaine,) wasn't available, Sawako's old band simply hires a moe comedy troupe to embarrass her into playing. It works, because Yui (intentional or not) plays the role of Dr. Yui the Rock and Roll Clown (she does Mugi's cake) with eerie perfection.

Sawako leaps onto the stage and goes all Eddie Van Halen on Gitah, Death Devil is reunited, and the shred-your-face-off wedding concert goes off without a hitch.

Final score for this episode: 9 skull-mugs of Duncan Hills coffee out of 10.
Old 2010-06-09, 21:02   Link #72
kitten320

If I don't mistake Christine was a fake name.
Old 2010-06-09, 21:11   Link #73
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
If I don't mistake Christine was a fake name.
All of the Death Devil members had english pseudonyms onstage it seems, with Sawako being "Catherine", and Norimi being "Christina".

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2010-06-09, 21:31   Link #74
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
This K-ON!! episode shreds the face off of every other K-ON!! episode so far this season. It has made moe metal. It has made it blacker than the blackest black, times infinity.

It starts off pretty typically. Yui is in full idiot mode this week. Fortunately, this episode isn't about her, so nobody can really be arsed to care. She still, however, wins Most Annoying Character of the Week award. Though KyoAni is willing to have a little fun at her expense:

YUI: "Will I be an adult when I grow up?"
UI: "..... how about some more juice?"

We learn that Sawako's old band is trying to get back together . . . to be wedding singers. Sawako wants nothing to do with it because . . . that's just not very metal. Fortunately her friend, (stage-name: Christina) hatches a plan after noticing a bunch of moe-blobs staring at her like a bunch of dead fish. That's right, she plans to sacrifice them to awaken the troll Mustakrakish.

No, not really. As Dr. Rockso, the rock and roll clown (he does cocaine,) wasn't available, Sawako's old band simply hires a moe comedy troupe to embarrass her into playing. It works, because Yui (intentional or not) plays the role of Dr. Yui the Rock and Roll Clown (she does Mugi's cake) with eerie perfection.

Sawako leaps onto the stage and goes all Eddie Van Halen on Gitah, Death Devil is reunited, and the shred-your-face-off wedding concert goes off without a hitch.

Final score for this episode: 9 skull-mugs of Duncan Hills coffee out of 10.
My respect for you has just increased - your review was one of the best use of Metalocalypse references I've ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwards View Post
Oh, man, that solo by "Catherine" was gorgeous! Not just the sound, but they animated all the finger movements too! After watching BECK recently, I really wish they'd do more stuff like that. Sure, BECK's animation was terrible until someone picked up a guitar, because it was probably using half the budget, but it sold the musical aspect of the show so much more. In my wettest dreams, KyoAni go on to make a two-hour K-ON! film, where they play all their songs, with every chord, every solo and every drum fill rendered in masturbatory detail...
This would be pure heaven for sure. They'd need one hell of a budget to pull that off, though.

Quote:
I'm truly loving the slice-of-life aspects this year, though. The girls really do come across as best friends, not just character archetypes. Little moments, like Azusa getting lost in the moment, and Yui and Ritsu nudging each other about it, really work.
Agreed. Even with the focus on heavy metal, these tiny details are what make the episode, or the entire series for that matter, work.

Quote:
To intrude upon kitten320 and Master Chibi's conversation, while I'm not a fan of the really extreme metal myself, I'd disagree that there's no talent involved. I thought that way myself until about a year ago, and then I got into a Canadian musician named Devin Townsend. He sings in every style, from whistles to whispers to clean vocals to rage-filled roars, sometimes within seconds of each other, and they all serve to get across the emotion of the song. 99% of songs are about love, or sex, or sadness... but that doesn't mean rage isn't a valid emotion that can be represented in music, too. And hell, you try screaming like that without your throat falling out of your mouth! I sure can't.
Agreed. Recently, I've started listening to some of the more obscure melodic death metal bands from Finland, such as Kalmah, and I've been blown away by the sheer amount of intelligence they show in their lyrics. I'll concede that the "cookie monster vocals" (death growling, not screaming) are an acquired taste, but as Manwards mentioned, such vocals require a great amount of skill to pull off or else the vocalist would risk f*cking up his/her throat forever. For that matter, try death growling while playing the guitar at the same time...

Just to get back onto topic, it's safe to say that Death Devil is not a death metal band - it's more of a melodic thrash/speed metal band to me.
Old 2010-06-09, 22:09   Link #75
Ezilled

Pure ownage towards the end, and currently perhaps the best episode as of late that transcends anything beyond imagination. Killer-eyed Catherine unleashed hell and burst her inner self with an amazing guitar riff solo. I couldn't lay on words to those background HTT metal heads, but their fluffy and wild hairs were oozing with sex.

On the other hand, Mugi was indeed awesome and playful this time around as she wanted to experience standing outside the room and eating a commoner's food in a traditional Japanese install. The DD band's recollection was surprisingly fitting at the end of the music, and I would kill for a spin-off of enjoying their life. Meanwhile, Yui is still in her usual self while pondering the 'philosophical' quote about growing up as an adult but in a mental approach. It might be a reflection to herself to act like a mature person someday.

Also, the personal favorite part of mine was the bumping scene where Yui tried to seat between Azusa and Ritsu; quite hilarious clip that utterly begs for a gif. Now it's clear that the summer season has arrived once again to give hot temperatures and cicadas chirping like Higurashi, I can't possibly wait for some summer activities to come by.
Old 2010-06-10, 01:45   Link #76
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Quote:
Seriously, maracas in a rock band?
Are you suggesting tambourines?
Well, the obvious instrument would be...

Spoiler:
Old 2010-06-10, 02:42   Link #77
Eak
One angry cloud.

Sawako is a babe.. A crazy babe but a babe nonetheless.

Insert my obligatory comment about how awesome Mugi is
Old 2010-06-10, 03:47   Link #78
Dah-chan
( ノ゚ Д゚)ノ

Thumbs up

Quote:
Did some more Sawako print shots:
Spoiler for space:
Nosebleed ( º,,º)

I lov this episode. I think is a bit strange, because the only one band that plays is Death Devil (I suppose I love too much my HTT) Sawako-sama is really sexy at stage and Norimi is really cute with informal clothes.

When I saw the maracas I died
Old 2010-06-10, 03:59   Link #79
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
With her old glasses she looked sort of mousey, but on stage she seems too wild (and maybe crazy), which might have been too much for the guy to handle. How do you satisfy a Death Metal Goddess?
Cake, Tea and Great Sex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
this episode just left me with one question...how is Sawako still single?
The same reason why Mio, Ritsu, Yui, Azusa and Mugi don't have boyfriends, they don't have men around them. In Sawako's case eligible bachelors.

Mio being a scaredy cat that she is probably scared of males and needs flag raising events to catch her.

Ritsu as shown in the OVA wouldn't mind a guy interested in her. Mio shattered her dream though.

Yui is probably too oblivious to notice. Though I have a fear Ui would go Yandere on the guy trying to date her sister.

Mugi is mystery. Though I'd imagine some omiai hijinks being a rich girl. Having an interest on Yuri relationships is an effect of being tired of males trying to court her.
Old 2010-06-10, 04:16   Link #80
Sophrosyne
αφρονέω

Quote:
Well he did tell her to get wilder but never said when to stop
He did ... too late.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
We learn that Sawako's old band is trying to get back together . . . to be wedding singers. Sawako wants nothing to do with it because . . . that's just not very metal.
Wasn't she more afraid of getting her new image stained?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Mugi is mystery. Though I'd imagine some omiai hijinks being a rich girl. Having an interest on Yuri relationships is an effect of being tired of males trying to court her.
Coming from some high ass family she could already be engaged.
Closed Thread