AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-05-09, 09:03   Link #21
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I'm addicted to stories and characters. Anime is just my favourite source of that. If I didn't have it (heck. -when- I didn't have it) for several weeks, I just went on to other things.

Tho if you asked me to go without stories and characters (videogames, books, anime, manga, etc) for... say... a week, I likely wouldn't be able to. And I consider myself pretty resistant to a lot of that addiction stuff. I don't smoke, drink, do drugs, drink coffee or any of that commonly addictive jazz.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 09:25   Link #22
JKL
Kyuuketsuki

I read manga, or play a videogame that just so happens to have anime characters in it, or go shopping for character goods.

So you see I can go for two weeks without watching anime, but two weeks without doing anything anime related? No.

Last edited by JKL; 2006-05-09 at 21:25.
JKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 22:24   Link #23
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
It's an addiction. Pure and simple. I almost go into cold sweats(not quite), but if I go a week without an anime, I shut other reality stuff out and remember the good old days when I was watching anime, and can't wait to get back to those days.
Old 2006-05-11, 16:29   Link #24
iruy=ojuohs
>*otaku*<

Send a message via Yahoo to iruy=ojuohs
can't just live without it
iruy=ojuohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 17:36   Link #25
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

You know...I never thought I would be able to go a few weeks...but here I am two weeks on, and haven't watched a single anime episode. I've downloaded them; they're waiting to be watched, but I don't have the time.

Books surpass anime most of the time. I can read a good 1000-page novel in about a day - and I'll do nothing else. Pity I haven't found much time for reading either...
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 15:06   Link #26
Misuzu
Dribble.....SHOOTOH!

I go a week or two without anime all the time. I like lots of other things, and it's easy to get caught up with other stuff. Anime is easy to catch up on, so I'm not always as anxious to watch it as I am to go do something fun I won't be able to do alter.

I would be pretty bummed if I had to go without it for more then a few weeks, though.
Misuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 20:56   Link #27
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I've read a whole lot, but with anime ... heh.

I can last without watching them, though ... I think.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 22:32   Link #28
justsomeguy

No anime?
Waaaaaahhhhh! *curls up and trembles in corner*

I go without anime every summer when I go home and lose my college's internet connection.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 02:32   Link #29
Chichi

Hard to say. I enjoy watching Anime like any other, but I have plenty of other interests to occupy myself as well if the prospect were to arise.
Chichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 02:44   Link #30
jojojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichi
Hard to say. I enjoy watching Anime like any other, but I have plenty of other interests to occupy myself as well if the prospect were to arise.
nice name my girl has the same name. (that's her real name)

sorry had to....

i havent' watched anime for about 2-3 years so far....but for the good ole days i used to watch it 24/7 until my local anime shop ran out of stuff to watch.. well, besides hentai stuff which i dislike.

(3 day binge with maison ikkokou (sp?) )
but so far, the story lines don't seem much different than before.
jojojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 05:02   Link #31
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
This is an excellent question, which makes me think i'm not THAT addicted yet.

As someone just put, i have a few other ways to "escape" sometimes. ^^

Still, thanks to ( or maybe because of ) animesuki, i tend to watch anime more and more, which is not a good think, imho.
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 08:03   Link #32
BellaD

Since January I havent watched a single anime episode :S...seriously I can go for years without anime, I dont read manga's or collect anything anime related so there you go ..
Reason why I stoped ? well, Naruto was the only series that I was watching but since the fillers started getting ridiculous I stoped watching completely ^^.
Who is the friend of all.
--
BellaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 13:09   Link #33
suwayya
King of the ...'s

Send a message via MSN to suwayya
Exclamation

If anime/mange was ever to be banned then i think i would go all emo or something like that.. I watch anime and play anime related games 24/7.

Anime For The Win!!
Death to all who oppose!
Old 2006-05-17, 13:42   Link #34
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snouman88
Are you an anime addict? Have you ever tried to live few weeks without watching anime?

Well I am a huge anime addict and I tried to live few weeks without watching anime at all. The few first days were ok. After a week I found it wery temptating to watch an anime episode. Somehow I managed to keep my fingers out of keyboard by doing something else. But as the time passed I got a grater desire to watch anime. Finally after 2 weeks I was free to do whatever I wanted - to watch anime.

If you are an anime addict, I challenge you to live few weeks witout anime. You will have much more freetime and you can do "different" things. Tell about your experiences.
i was and still is bookworm. No anime means more time spend reading books.
Old 2006-05-17, 15:04   Link #35
Fishbait

It's not hard really, I gone two weeks without watching any anime or playing any video games during my finals.

Wasn't a big deal
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 14:40   Link #36
howzitboy

u guys dont know addiction till u tried watching those korean and japanese dramas. lol i took an anime watching vacation and watched some of them and darn, im up to 2am watching em lol. after watching those, animes are tame in comparison.
howzitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 14:53   Link #37
Illuminati

Well I can stop watching anime for a while but I can't stop downloading or seeding anime. It's like in Pokemon, I gotta download/seed em all.

These days I don't have much things to do so anime ftw. But anyway I started watching anime since about 4-5 months I think so I'm kinda in a "must be up to date" phase so anime is in my top 5 things to do at this moment.
Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 18:19   Link #38
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

I have this condition where If something bores me...I can completely forget it exists. Im normally on the ball for anime for half of the year...Than for the other half im like WTF is anime again
Old 2006-08-13, 20:34   Link #39
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

I'm a science student, thus I can only watch anime in the weekends (having labs daily means getting home @ 5pm and studying til dinner >.<)

But in the summer.....maybe i'll survive if I dig up some of my fav books from our home's library.
Old 2006-08-13, 22:12   Link #40
Ryoza
Woah ~~ !

I can go through weeks/months of no anime as long as I have a good game to get me addicted, and likewise--if theres no good games or i've already gotten bored of my current ones it'll be weeks of no games and pure anime..

Weeks without either? Unless i'm in some foreign country with no access to a computer, that won't happen.
Ryoza is offline   Reply With Quote