AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2007-03-14, 11:59   Link #61
Ottocycle

Saw the DVD preview of the series...

The good parts:
Hayate's cleaning prowess
Wakamoto Norio's voice captions(always win)

the bad parts:
Hayate's and Nagi's first encounter(anymore would be spoilage I guess)
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 12:22   Link #62
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
There're bound to be some changes I guess. If not it'll end up like DN and have people NOT watching it because, and I quote: 'It's the same thing anyway...'.

Changes in scene I can accept, but changes in character personality is a much more serious sin.

I was abit worry when I saw Maria beating Hayate... That wasn't suppose to happen!
but you have to admit...it was dam funny XD

after looking at the short animation vid im all hyped up hayate is a new legend in the making! (he kinda reminds me of mamoru but x100 more kick ass O.o)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 12:24   Link #63
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
It strikes me it should have Been a Romi Paku/Rie Kumumbliya team up special again. Hayate kind of sounds like Romi Paku so they could have done that, and then create the Kyoto Animation (Any two people that were in Haruhi's cast together in a show) effect were word of mouth spreads and FMA comparison's are made everywhere and then you steal the ratings for at least a few weeks. Actually maybe its a good thing they didn't do that after all.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 22:33   Link #64
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Nah, if there's anyone she should have teamed up with to create that kind of effect, it should have been Hino Satoshi. Romi Paku's male characters are too Gar for Hayate.

Beside, those two have a GREAT chemistry going on judging from their last two series working together...

And it'll fit the show as well!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 21:47   Link #65
NeoSam

The shounen manga Hayate no Gotoku! is getting adapted to a shounen light novel

New Label from Shogakukan Launching in May, Hayate Novelization
Old 2007-03-18, 21:35   Link #66
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 23:03   Link #67
suguru
京都 ikitai~

It looks like they took the English text on the DVD cover straight off the back of the first volume of the English version of the manga. After reading the first two volumes of the manga I'm counting the days until this airs April 1st...but I don't think I'd pay to watch a 7-minute preview...that's got to be one of the world's shortest DVDs...
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 02:46   Link #68
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
It looks like they took the English text on the DVD cover straight off the back of the first volume of the English version of the manga. After reading the first two volumes of the manga I'm counting the days until this airs April 1st...but I don't think I'd pay to watch a 7-minute preview...that's got to be one of the world's shortest DVDs...
If there's one thing the Japanese don't hesitate to do though its charge exhorbitant amounts for very little content.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 16:09   Link #69
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
If there's one thing the Japanese don't hesitate to do though its charge exhorbitant amounts for very little content.
Well, not that I'd normally disagree with that statement (because it's usually true) but, incidentally, the DVD only cost about $9 in total, including the cost of the magazine (it was a $5 send-in offer). In this case, it isn't all that bad.

(Edit: By the way, just to add to last week's "Who is SynergySP, and what have the worked on", it's worth noting that they're also listed on ANN as Synergy Japan.)

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2007-03-20 at 18:46.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 19:04   Link #70
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
It looks like they took the English text on the DVD cover straight off the back of the first volume of the English version of the manga.
Yeah, I was thinking that was the case. It was too much english for a Japanese xD.

BTW, does somebody know how much the DVD costs? Not that I would import it, but just to know...
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 19:10   Link #71
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Soulblade View Post
BTW, does somebody know how much the DVD costs? Not that I would import it, but just to know...
Look up one post. Short answer: $5, if you bought the magazine issue.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 21:19   Link #72
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Well, I have read the first five volumes of the manga, and while it was a riot for the most part, some parts did fall flat for me. I wonder how the anime will fare?

Hmm...
Old 2007-03-21, 03:34   Link #73
Keitarou
Ninja

The manga is awesome, Hayate, Nagi, Maria and Hinagiku are really good characters. And the amount of references and jokes on pop culture make for a lot of fun.

I just hope Synergy actually pulls off a decent budget and a decent staff for it, unlike their other productions (MAR, Mermaid Melody, Kirarin Revolution). The promo wasn't too bad but one has to assume that it contains scenes with a higher animation value compared to the latter standard of the series.

At least the voice work will be awesome, Itou Shizuka (voice of a goddess), Kugimiya Rie, Tanaka Rie. And Wakamoto "awesome" Norio as narrator. Opening/Ending is another win, I've Music, no way they won't be amazing.
Keitarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 21:37   Link #74
Siegel Clyne

Hayate no Gotoku! at Tokyo Anime Fair 2007, Saturday, March 24, 2007

Hayate no Gotoku! (Hayate the Combat Butler) Creator, Director, and Voice Actors for Hayate, Nagi and Maria Appear at Tokyo Anime Fair (TAF) 2007

Pictured from left to right: mangaka Hata Kenjirou, director Kawaguchi Keiichirou, seiyuu Shiraishi Ryouko (Ayasaki Hayate), seiyuu Kugimiya Rie (Sanzenin Nagi), seiyuu Tanaka Rie (Maria)
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 16:10   Link #75
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Only saw the promo but it looks like it'll be a good show. First thing that hit me was Kugimiya Rie as that girl. It's just one of those familiar voices that stand out. Some good action with the guy dodging bullets, and running from a missile. Can't wait to see it when it comes out.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 22:00   Link #76
eggplant
Eggplant

Saw episode 1.
Spoiler for Episode 1:

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 00:26   Link #77
Omniscient

Episode 01 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 00:37   Link #78
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
From the screencaps, it does looks like the show will be faithful to the manga, Still its early days but if it does follow the manga path then it will be a great watch.
Darco_emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 01:58   Link #79
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Just finished watching the first ep. 2:30 am plus my imperfect Japanese is not a really good combination, but it was pretty much nearly exactly what I expected. Entertaining and fun, but not "oh my god I must convince everybody and their mother to watch this." The color scheme reminded me more and more of Mahoraba as the show went on, though I'm not really certain why. I suspect it's the 2:30 am thing.

If Omni's weren't enough for you... have some more caps!
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 02:22   Link #80
suguru
京都 ikitai~

My Japanese is pretty bad, but since the story was pretty faithful to the manga it was easy enough to follow--and just like the manga, there were parts that were laugh out loud funny. The animation quality wasn't bad, nothing spectacular but good enough. This really does have a great cast of seiyuu, Nagi is exactly how I'd imagine her sounding, and Wakamoto Norio is another one of my favorite seiyuu so I'm glad to hear him doing the narration. Looking forward to more
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, romance, shounen, synergy sp