AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2015-03-31, 14:40   Link #501
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Also, the other box says something about there being a revival of the original Hinamizawa Bus Stop stageplay.
There is at least more or less a western revival of the stageplay. Someone on Steam forum has stated that he is planning to perform it and has gotten the approval of Ryukishi. Maybe that has something to do with the statement.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/310360...0406655846513/

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2015-03-31 at 15:09.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-31, 14:46   Link #502
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
There is at least more or less a western revival of the stageplay. Someone on Steam forum has stated that he is planning to perform it and has gotten the approval of Ryukishi. Maybe that has something to do with the statement?
Oh, wow, that's actually really cool!

I just had a sudden idea- So, maybe this is all why Ryukishi's coming to America for the first time? The announcement that he was visiting ACEN mentioned that two other guests from 07th Expansion were coming, so maybe..?
Old 2015-03-31, 18:58   Link #503
xPearse

Quote:
Eh, I believe it. This character is the same as the one in the teaser pamphlet. The outfit is the only thing different. If anything is a prank, I'd say it's the Visual Art's/Key collaboration bit, since that's the only thing that wasn't previously announced or hinted at.
Speaking about collaboration works. R07 did say that he could do another work along the lines of Rewrite in the staff room of Hou. Foreshadowing maybe. Anyhow, what exactly does that "3 worlds" thing mean for his new work? I'm confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
There is at least more or less a western revival of the stageplay. Someone on Steam forum has stated that he is planning to perform it and has gotten the approval of Ryukishi. Maybe that has something to do with the statement.
Yeah, I actually forgot to mention that here. He sent me a message some weeks ago for the games script from Hou for a stage play adaptation. He even got permission from R07 which is cool, and he also sent me what he said. Here's it here.

Quote:
"You are free to do whatever you wish with the script, as Higurashi is
originally a free IP. I've seen fans do numerous indie games and individual
scores. So I don't see any problem with someone who has talent to make this
play a reality.

Feel free to contact me anytime if you have any further questions

,Ryukishi07"
Old 2015-03-31, 21:04   Link #504
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPearse View Post
Speaking about collaboration works. R07 did say that he could do another work along the lines of Rewrite in the staff room of Hou. Foreshadowing maybe. Anyhow, what exactly does that "3 worlds" thing mean for his new work? I'm confused.
Well, seeing as the original pamphlet had a picture of this character in a Sci-Fi setting, and this has her in fantasy garb, I'd be willing to guess that it'd be similar to Tezuka's Solar System. Unique storylines featuring the same characters and the same themes, but in different settings with different roles. Maybe a world for each author? I would be willing to guess Ryukishi was doing the Sci-Fi one, since that was announced first.
Old 2015-03-31, 21:10   Link #505
einhorn303

Quote:
Well, seeing as the original pamphlet had a picture of this character in a Sci-Fi setting, and this has her in fantasy garb, I'd be willing to guess that it'd be similar to Tezuka's Solar System. Unique storylines featuring the same characters and the same themes, but in different settings with different roles. Maybe a world for each author? I would be willing to guess Ryukishi was doing the Sci-Fi one, since that was announced first.
Plus, the teaser for it said:

Quote:
Three worlds draw a spiral. Who is it at that lies at the end?
So I could see her being the who that lies at the end. Perhaps they're 3 separate stories, and she's some sort of framing device that appears in all of them, like an Ai Enma (from Hell Girl) sort of character. Or a being with world-creating powers like Featherine or Haruhi?

That's assuming it's not just an April Fool's joke, but I'm leaning towards "not."
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-31, 21:25   Link #506
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
So I could see her being the who that lies at the end. Perhaps they're 3 separate stories, and she's some sort of framing device that appears in all of them, like an Ai Enma (from Hell Girl) sort of character. Or a being with world-creating powers like Featherine or Haruhi?
Oh, man, I didn't even think about that! Yeah, that sounds more likely.

Quote:
That's assuming it's not just an April Fool's joke, but I'm leaning towards "not."
I'm not thinking it is either. It was built up for a long while, anyway, and the new artwork kind of feels like a waste if it's not. Not to mention, if it is a fake, I'm afraid I don't get the joke.
Old 2015-04-01, 17:02   Link #507
07th

Quote:
Yeah, I actually forgot to mention that here. He sent me a message some weeks ago for the games script from Hou for a stage play adaptation. He even got permission from R07 which is cool, and he also sent me what he said. Here's it here.
Huh, i think, three years without any reply have passed since i sent him the letter with the same question.
Well, let's just take this one as a positive reply then.

Out of curiosity — was his answer in English or in Japanese, and, if latter, what the original text would be?
07th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-01, 18:32   Link #508
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

http://trt.07th-expansion.net/

Turns out that it is based on Alice in Wonderland- Or, more specifically, Through the Looking Glass. The Hinamizawa Bus Stop revival is referring to a Japanese revival, apparently.
Old 2015-04-01, 18:53   Link #509
xPearse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07th View Post
Huh, i think, three years without any reply have passed since i sent him the letter with the same question.
Well, let's just take this one as a positive reply then.

Out of curiosity — was his answer in English or in Japanese, and, if latter, what the original text would be?
He said they were talking through Google Translate, which I find unintentionally hilarious. Anyhow, were you planning a stage play yourself 3 years ago? Also, is it common for him not to respond to emails?

Quote:
http://trt.07th-expansion.net/

Turns out that it is based on Alice in Wonderland- Or, more specifically, Through the Looking Glass. The Hinamizawa Bus Stop revival is referring to a Japanese revival, apparently.
Already lost interest if that's his story section, and not if its what connects the 3 worlds to one another. I want SciFi! Although generic hentai monsters/aliens better not be boarding ships and doing the nasty if he does.
Old 2015-04-01, 19:40   Link #510
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Already lost interest if that's his story section, and not if its what connects the 3 worlds to one another. I want SciFi! Although generic hentai monsters/aliens better not be boarding ships and doing the nasty if he does.
Well, if the title "Alice and the Three-Sided Mirror" has baring on the plot, I think it's kind of clear that the Looking Glass is what connects the worlds, and the Sci-Fi one is only one of these worlds.
Old 2015-04-02, 10:48   Link #511
07th

Quote:
He said they were talking through Google Translate, which I find unintentionally hilarious. Anyhow, were you planning a stage play yourself 3 years ago? Also, is it common for him not to respond to emails?
1. They? Who might that be?
2. Nah, i just asked for permission to port his game to another free engine.
3. I don't really have an idea, i just sent the letter to the whatever e-mail i thought wasn't dead, namely fujix... mcn.ne.jp. Though now i google it, and it actually seems sorta dead.
07th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 18:56   Link #512
xPearse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07th View Post
1. They? Who might that be?
2. Nah, i just asked for permission to port his game to another free engine.
3. I don't really have an idea, i just sent the letter to the whatever e-mail i thought wasn't dead, namely fujix... mcn.ne.jp. Though now i google it, and it actually seems sorta dead.
Oh right. Thanks for clearing that up. And I was just referring to both the stage play guy and R07 when I said they.

Anyhow, it seems Hinamizawa Bus Stop is getting a Japanese stage play as well. I noticed that someone posted the info in the 4chan thread. However, now we have an Australian stage play and a Japanese one. Although I wonder why the latter was announced so sudden. Hmm.

Quote:
http://shingidan.web.fc2.com/hinamizawa.html

>Before Higurashi no Naku Koro ni became known as a game, anime, manga, and so forth, it existed as a stage play.

>It's taking place in 2015, 8/26, at the hachiman yama waasaru theatre

>There will be cast auditions

It'll be directed and organized by this guy:
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E4%BC%...82%B5%E3%83%9F
http://shingidan.web.fc2.com/newpage6.html

So basically, Hinamizawa Bus Stop is getting a stage play.
Old 2015-04-03, 21:31   Link #513
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
People tweeted from the anime boston panel that we will be getting the original BGM and it'll be released on May 15.

EDIT: http://blog.mangagamer.org/2015/04/0...announcements/

Looks like they're going to release all of Higurashi.

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 22:12   Link #514
GrAVit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsu Koneko View Post
People tweeted from the anime boston panel that we will be getting the original BGM and it'll be released on May 15.

YEEEEEEEEEES! YES YES YES! Awesome!

Now we just need someone to localize the DS arcs and whatnot. lol

MYTH seems really interesting, I think I'll take a look at it.
GrAVit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 22:55   Link #515
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

I guess they're DEFINITELY doing Kai than, haha! I can't wait to see the remade Hou sprites. I also like that they're restoring the original OST too!
Old 2015-04-04, 01:06   Link #516
einhorn303

I was at the panel, and it was lots of fun. MangaGamer staff always have such a great sense of humor.

Restoring the OST is the best part for me. Now I definitely know I'll be replaying Higurashi, once it's all out. I'll probably be waiting forever, though, since I don't buy games with DRM and will have to wait until a hard copy release of it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXtreme View Post
The first chapter won't be released until May 15th? That's a longer wait than I expected.

It says this will be the "definitive release" for both Japan and the West. I thought Sui was the definitive release for Japan.
Well, it looks like they'll both have content that the other is missing (console arcs vs Hou). So basically, you're damned either way
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 03:19   Link #517
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Hou announced.

http://blog.mangagamer.org/2015/04/0...announcements/

They are going to release every Higurashi chapter that was ever written for PC. This is amazing Well done, MangaGamer!

Options to switch between the new sprites and the old
New Higurashi Hou sprites will also be redone in the new sprite style
The BGM that were replaced in the initial release will be restored to the original versions
Options to switch between playing in English and Japanese on-the-fly.

Oh my god xDDD This is going to be so good! Amazing job, MangaGamer, I love you.

We have to buy the shit out of this, everyone. Such an amazing release in English of WTC hasn't happened before and if we show them that we are a stable fanbase, maybe Umineko and other Ryukishi works are also going to make it to the west?

Quote:
console arcs vs Hou
Hou stuff are in Sui, I think.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 07:06   Link #518
xPearse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsu Koneko View Post

This is great! I didn't think this was going to be their announcement! However, I'm guessing this definite release will be years off judging from their speed with the first arc on Steam. And I know that was due to a few problems and such, but even if it takes them 3 months plus to do an arc (which I doubt), just multiply that by the number of arcs and judge how long the wait will be. Anyhow, I'm glad they're doing Hou and Rei. I never thought they would, and I can't wait to see the new sprites for both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
Hou stuff are in Sui, I think.
Sad to say but there isn't. It seems likely that Hou will be DLC seeing how it wasn't in the game. Other than Hanyu in that bear costume thing during the quiz (I think) and a glimmer of Une and Tamura on a crystal in the intro.
Old 2015-04-04, 16:07   Link #519
TheGuraGuraMan

Just saw the news about Mangagmer getting Hou (was out of touch for the week, didn't really have time or even tough about coming here), that's pretty damn awesome and even resolve the problem with the musics, never expected them to go that far. Which means we're also gonna get updated sprites for the Hou new characters, kinda interested in seeing how they'll handle Hinamizawa Bus.
TheGuraGuraMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 09:34   Link #520
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Thread closed pending review.