AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2007-05-11, 08:57   Link #1
Danj
Tech Bloke

Send a message via ICQ to Danj Send a message via AIM to Danj Send a message via MSN to Danj Send a message via Yahoo to Danj
H.264 problems in WMP

If I play a 720p H.264/AAC MKV file in Windows Media Player 10 (with CoreAVC 1.2 for video and CoreAAC for audio) both video and audio seem to play at about half speed. If I play the same file in Media Player Classic, it plays fine. Previously I had assumed this was due to having a sucky computer (Athlon XP 3000+ with 1Gb DDR1 RAM) but I've now upgraded to a Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4GHz) with 2Gb of DDR2 RAM and it's still doing it. I don't see how it can be a codec issue because if it was then surely it wouldn't work in any player, not just WMP? Anyway, since it works in MPC it's not a critical problem for me, but I'd like to understand why it's doing what it's doing if anybody can suggest anything on that score.
Old 2007-05-11, 11:00   Link #2
martino
makes no files now

Uninstall all the codecs that you installed, so that includes CoreAVC and CoreAAC and the rest if you have any and restart your computer. Then install CCCP and try to play that file in WMP. It should work. Afterwards you can install CoreAVC back up, and follow the instructions from here if you'd prefer to use it over ffdshow. However with your configuration there shouldn't be any problem at all with playback even when using the slower ffdshow for decoding h264 video.
Old 2007-05-11, 13:02   Link #3
Nicholi
King of Hosers

Perhaps WMP was doing something it shouldn't be, as usual. Re-installing the CCCP to make sure you are on the defaults (Reset All Settings) then turning only CoreAVC back on would be best first. After that when you play the file in WMP you should still see the ffdshow audio tray icon, right click it and list the Filters being used during playback (the upper list before you see the FFDShow effects/features listed). Also get the Insurgent (CCCPI) and do a Test Render on the file. Paste that as well as the File->Save Log info here and maybe we can figure out whats going on.