AngelsThesis
♪ツンツン デレツン♪ ♪デレツンツン♪

@Shiroi cool~

what mag was that from?
AngelsThesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 17:40   Link #22
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
August Newtype
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 22:05   Link #23
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

OP/ED

Aside from the rambling and terrible exposition at the start, pretty well done. Really did make me think of a much more solidly produced Rental Magica with actual villains and maybe a plot.

Caps and whatnot. Blerg blerg.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 22:10   Link #24
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
Aside from the rambling and terrible exposition at the start, pretty well done. Really did make me think of a much more solidly produced Rental Magica with actual villains and maybe a plot.
Are you sure it's not just because of that comment...
Old 2008-10-02, 22:26   Link #25
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Not sure in the slightest.

:shifty eyes:
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 23:45   Link #26
kaosmos

it has miyuki sawshiro in it,nuff said.

*go watch miyuki shouting:tatatatatatatata! for the tenth time in a row*

but seriously:i found that one to be a nice surprise,didn't even know the title so i wasn't expecting much of this one.
at the first second of the op i was like "another romance anime..?" then..nekomimi ...and then a spear..i was like... "ok,count me in"
kaosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 02:22   Link #27
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
does it have the same character design guy with Eureka 7 ?

i watch the 1st eps raw and i am not impressed :-/, is that tiny thing even a spear,lol ???

the music is quite nice tho, <3 savage genius
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 02:26   Link #28
BluWacky
尻の竜

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Stupid, stupid TBS and their stupid stupid 4:3 broadcasts - they could at least just letterbox the damn thing rather than making it nearly unwatchable due to screwing up all the scene composition. Can anyone remind me of the schedule for how long it takes until the widescreen broadcasts start? Do I have to wait three weeks for the BS-i broadcast?
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 05:15   Link #29
asjk

I've just preordered yozakura quartet #3 from amazon not shipping till Nov 25th.. how am I supposed to wait that long?

Last edited by asjk; 2008-10-03 at 05:16. Reason: spelling
asjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 07:13   Link #30
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

The premise seems generic but the character designs really appeal to me and I trust the director to improve things later on.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 10:29   Link #31
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

While i have to agree that this anime indeed gives off rental magica vibes, i would like to add that this anime has a better first impression than rental magica in terms of character. I don't know why ANN said that Akina is an "ordinary, powerless boy", because
Spoiler:

And for some reason, i couldn't help but be reminded of Kana from MInami-ke whenever Hime appears
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 12:00   Link #32
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
The premise seems generic but the character designs really appeal to me and I trust the director to improve things later on.
I agree about the character designs. There is something quite attractive about them. The presence of stupid criminal youkai is a real stumbling block for me, and the first story was pretty generic, but I'm glad you reminded me it was Kou Matsuo, so there is hope.

And Miyukichi (Sawashiro Miyuki - see avatar, sig, and blog post) really shows her stuff, when she gets the chance. I thought Fukuen Misato was good as Hime, too, as she was as Miyafuji in Strike Witches.

BluWacky: The BS-i broadcast of episode one is on October 23, so three weeks it is.

Mgz: The character designer/animation director is Kikuchi Satonobu, and this is the first time he has done character design or been animation director for an entire show. He was involved in Eureka 7, but just for the mecha in episode 40, according to ANN. He also directed animation for episodes of Rozen Maiden, sola, and other shows.

Series composition (i.e., lead writer) is Hanada Jukki, who did Rozen Maiden, sola, Idolmaster Xenoglossia, and H2O. That's two good shows and two train wrecks, in my opinion, so I'm not sure whether to expect things to get more interesting or not. The way they planned the roll-out of characters and their abilities in ep1 was pretty good, however, I thought.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 13:40   Link #33
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
And Miyukichi (Sawashiro Miyuki - see avatar, sig, and blog post) really shows her stuff, when she gets the chance.
Not to mention she seems to be the absolute favourite seiyuu of the director since she voices one of the leads in each of his series. So I would say she does get plenty of chances from Kou Matsuo which should mean something considering he certainly manages to get everything and little bit more from the seiyuu he is working with. Exemplified by Tanaka Rie's Suigintou but obvious in his other works too. I just hope Yozakura will be dramatic enough for this factor to be able to shine..though I guess "ta-ta-ta-ta-ta" was telling enough.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 16:23   Link #34
expo25kr

I liked the style of the anime and I have to say Yozakura...you're my hero

Managed to make some speed subs for people that would like to watch it. Please refer to my blog.
expo25kr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 19:33   Link #35
AngelsThesis
♪ツンツン デレツン♪ ♪デレツンツン♪

love the art of the OP/ED they definately kept it as close as possible to Suzuhito's style

hell i could even say the ED could be done by Suzuhito himself x3
AngelsThesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 07:59   Link #36
Mei

I was anticipating this series a teeny bit and actually felt a little bit dissapointed when it finished. It just seemed so mediocre and generic. I enjoyed the OP though ^^.
Mei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 06:43   Link #37
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Maybe it's because I didn't have much thought on this series but I came out of the first episode fairly impressed.

ep 1
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 11:58   Link #38
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
Wait wait wait

Why does the ED remind me of Gurren Lagann OP?

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Sin Ansem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 19:52   Link #39
abarnes

Send a message via AIM to abarnes Send a message via MSN to abarnes Send a message via Yahoo to abarnes
Eh, I wanted to sub this series, but my TL ducked out on me...great fun. So I've yet to see it.
Old 2008-10-06, 22:03   Link #40
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
^FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Kick his ass or something

Also, it looks like most other groups are avoiding it because I'm seeing nearly every raw tagged with "this raw sucks". :/

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Sin Ansem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, shounen, supernatural