Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-09-02, 00:57   Link #1441
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I've always thought Sumire might be related to Tsumugi (half-sisters, cousins, you get the idea), and that onee-sama comment just fueled things for me
To be honest, this was my thought from early on as well.

Anyway, I'm not a huge fan of Jun's alternate hairstyle (though that could change over time), but I must applaud Kakifly for toying with the whole boyfriend idea again. I really hope we will eventually have at least one of the girls (from either side) going out a boy that is not related to them. It would spice things up quite a bit and I think that would be a more realistic view of the whole music business (as far as you can consider K-ON! to be realistic to start with, of course).

And I think Jun has shown her mean streak here. She gets flustered when they found her with her brother, dressed up as if she was going out with him, but then demands that Azusa gets her share of the embarrassment as well, while forgetting that it's her own fault for having it come that far. Oh well, she'll probably cool down quickly enough, especially when she gets her snacks.

I still think Ui will eventually end up on main vocals. If they were to force Jun to do it, she might mess up on purpose, just to mess with them. Of course, we don't even know if she can sing at all, and we know that Azusa definitely can't do it (at least not without some rigorous training a la Yui), so Ui is probably their only hope. If she can indeed learn as fast, or even faster than her older sister, I think she can do this, too.
Old 2011-09-02, 01:21   Link #1442
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

UI for vocals!!!! ==))

i think sumire's shy around Mugi. XDD she has an onee-sama complex. <<333 that would be HHNNNNG foe mee.

as for the college chapter,i'd really like to see Sokabe-sempai fangirl over Mio again. She's just too cute when she does that. kind of reminds me of Shizuru to Natsuki. <33
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 09:36   Link #1443
icatero
well, okay

The idea of Sumire loving Mugi like a big sister is cute too. But isn't she afraid of her? Isn't the whole reason she's hiding her relation to Mugi is because she wants to escape her punishment? Lol, and before that we're shown hints that Mugi's a totally different person when at home.
icatero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 09:41   Link #1444
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by icatero View Post
The idea of Sumire loving Mugi like a big sister is cute too. But isn't she afraid of her? Isn't the whole reason she's hiding her relation to Mugi is because she wants to escape her punishment? Lol, and before that we're shown hints that Mugi's a totally different person when at home.
Actually, I get the feeling that there are overinterpretations over all the "home Mugi" theory. Most likely it's just that as the daughter of a rich family, almost everyone around her feels that they must absolutely accept her wishes.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 10:46   Link #1445
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Actually, I get the feeling that there are overinterpretations over all the "home Mugi" theory. Most likely it's just that as the daughter of a rich family, almost everyone around her feels that they must absolutely accept her wishes.
Actually it was shown in the manga. Mugi scolded her butler when she was on the phone with Mio. And it was also stated in Mugi's profile card that she is a "strict mistress" at home, but hides it at school. So it's not merely a theory.
Old 2011-09-02, 10:48   Link #1446
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Actually it was shown in the manga. Mugi scolded her butler when she was on the phone with Mio. And it was also stated in Mugi's profile card that she is a "strict mistress" at home, but hides it at school. So it's not merely a theory.
Yes, but just how strict

(PS: Which chapter was the scolding part?)
Old 2011-09-02, 10:57   Link #1447
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Yes, but just how strict

(PS: Which chapter was the scolding part?)
Volume 2, chapter 5. Page 44. Notice Mio's reaction.
And also her "laser glare" to the music store clerk (page 69 of the same volume)
Old 2011-09-02, 11:13   Link #1448
Sumeragi
Banned

I would rather have the regular chapter number instead of the volume (mainly because I can't find anything every time someone says the volume).
Old 2011-09-02, 11:36   Link #1449
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
I would rather have the regular chapter number instead of the volume (mainly because I can't find anything every time someone says the volume).
That would be chapter 18, page 4 and chapter 21, page 7 respectively, then.
Old 2011-09-02, 15:19   Link #1450
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

You could say Mugi and Sumire are "children of the household."
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 19:19   Link #1451
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm caught up with the available translations... i'm actually enjoying this flipping back and forth between university and high school a lot. Kakifly seems to be doing pretty well at not keeping his characters "locked in an icebox" (letting them grow).
Old 2011-09-02, 19:25   Link #1452
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'm liking the interaction with Sumire and Okuda towards their seniors...they almost start off like Azusa did, but because Azusa is so short, it is harder for them to justify her as a senior...add to this that nearly every praise they have given has been redirected to Yui and Mio, the juniors are less impressed in the band as Azusa was towards Mio and Yui before she found them to be tea drinking, cake eating, slackers.

That and Sumire patting Azusa on the head because Azusa can't reach the top of Sumire's head was funny.
Old 2011-09-04, 08:09   Link #1453
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Azunyan's series is way more funnier than Yui's. The university series really needs to up its comedic level
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 14:04   Link #1454
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorOfLife View Post
Azunyan's series is way more funnier than Yui's. The university series really needs to up its comedic level
I'll grant that the university thread is often more *interesting* than *funny* ... its just such unusual territory for this sort of genre that I find it fascinating.
Old 2011-09-05, 23:24   Link #1455
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

*ships mugi with sumire so hard*
Punishment?? Maybe 'another way of punishing' it is. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'll grant that the university thread is often more *interesting* than *funny* ... its just such unusual territory for this sort of genre that I find it fascinating.
i agree with you. I'd rather have interesting over funny.
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 02:13   Link #1456
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I'd say the Uni chapters are still funny, just not as funny as the High School chapters.

Either way, both sides are still pretty much setting stuff up, so no huge development is taking place as of yet. Maybe once we actually see more of the actual bands, or even their respective school activities, we can properly judge either side.
Old 2011-09-06, 02:51   Link #1457
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There has been very little club activities at University yet, and the clubis huge...so there is a lot of potential there. Most of the stories hve been about stuff outside the club, but in ways related to the club (how the get money for dues, details of other members pasts...those sort of things. Not so much about the main group yet). But little tea and cake time for HTT and so far only one real instance of instrament playing at their introduction into the Light Music Club.

Meanwhile, back in high school, Azusa's group is focused mostly on club activities, and music (rather that tea and cake...but they still have tea and cake). Getting new members, getting those new members instruments, getting them to practise....these are the things Azusa does.
Old 2011-09-06, 03:00   Link #1458
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

I personally found both of the stories equally fun to read

The HS part might be felt better because we are already familiar with the HS story, while the college part is quite a new approach. I also think the college part will be quite slow to get into the actual club activities since it seems like it's not finished introducing the new characters yet. We still have Ayame and Sacchi to be known.

But let's just see in the following chapter
Old 2011-09-09, 19:00   Link #1459
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Spoiler for University Chapter 6:
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 20:27   Link #1460
Forte
The IV th Numerals
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Forte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
beside the butler who was scolded is called Saitou... Still wondering what's the connection between this 'Saitou' butler with Sumire... *shot*

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life