Notices

Old 2012-03-29, 04:17   Link #641
konart

Finally I'm downloading 1,8Gb update
Old 2012-03-29, 06:11   Link #642
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

I'm slowly coming back to battlefield 3. I hope laser guided weapons is still useful after the update...
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 08:10   Link #643
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

^^^ lolololol.... 2 second lock on stingers is hilarious. A missile either destroys or disables aircraft, no take backsies.

Vehicles got hit pretty hard. The map I was on, we ended up just sitting in the viper at the base on the ground launching TV missiles towards the enemies. We'd be dead about 2 seconds after leaving the base otherwise. You *need* ECM *AND* Flares to survive, Bellow Radar wouldn't hurt either.

RPG's kill tanks in two to three rounds now. CITV has the same red flare as SOFLAMs do.

Didn't get to play for to long though.

Old 2012-03-29, 08:37   Link #644
konart

Still useless against jets, if the pilot is not a newbie.
Old 2012-03-29, 08:46   Link #645
Mr Hat and Clogs

Yeah, probably. TBH though I didn't see many jets after about 5-10 minutes on that map, they just sort of stopped. I don't fly jets myself I like the choppers more. I have a feeling the 2 second lock time might have snuck onto AA guns and laser deg stuff.
Old 2012-03-29, 21:34   Link #646
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Well, at least Stingers and Iglas aren't the single most useless weapon in the game anymore.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 07:25   Link #647
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Well, at least Stingers and Iglas aren't the single most useless weapon in the game anymore.
I just played a game where i was pretty much using the stinger the whole game. the lock on speed is so overpowered taking out heli and sometimes jets if it gets too close. Dont think i will use javelin anymore at this rate.

Supression(blurry effect) seems to be buffed up. May not be noticable in big maps but when u play a game in Metro, you will notice your screen going blurry very often.
Old 2012-03-30, 08:07   Link #648
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
How can they be useless? 1 shot and heli goes down most of the times.
Old 2012-03-30, 20:35   Link #649
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
How can they be useless? 1 shot and heli goes down most of the times.
They used to be. I think that I maybe got 1 kill with a Stinger/Igla before and I'm pretty sure it was because the pilot was a newbie and didn't yet have Flares. Stingers used to take forever to lock on and any pilot with even a modicum of experience could evade SAMs and ATAMs. The only reliable way to down an aircraft was with AAA or the cannon aboard a helicopter/jet.

I'm not saying that they're useless now.

Old 2012-04-01, 12:35   Link #650
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

what suppression does to you now:

Yep, went to test it out right after watching the videos
Old 2012-04-01, 12:45   Link #651
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

I'm assuming this update is PS3 only, because I haven't noticed anything when I play BF3 on my 360.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 12:52   Link #652
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
I'm assuming this update is PS3 only, because I haven't noticed anything when I play BF3 on my 360.
not too sure about 360 but I do know the new suppression effects are in PC version and the PS3 got this patch first.
Old 2012-04-01, 13:10   Link #653
konart

SPARTAN 119,
The patch is for all platforms, they just haven't released it for 360 (Fisrt was PS3, than PC).

It's ~1,6Gb hard to miss it
Old 2012-04-01, 20:59   Link #654
Mr Hat and Clogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaihan View Post
That's... oh lordy that was funny.

"skill cannon"

/snort... lawl..

Old 2012-04-02, 02:07   Link #655
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

I'm seriously wondering if DICE doesn't have Q&As for their ptaches. This patch made my mouse unresponsive on certain servers, AA missiles utterly useless as they bug out (and the AA machine guns nerfed into oblivion), and some of the Support LMGs just doesn't work thanks to insane recoil. Helis are doombringers that can't be killed, bar tank shells or sustained gunfire, with OHK TV missiles that hit without warning.

Not happy with DICE atm.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 02:38   Link #656
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Suppression's still relatively easy to counter, as long as there's some form of cover. Or just shoot first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
..., and some of the Support LMGs just doesn't work thanks to insane recoil. Helis are doombringers that can't be killed, bar tank shells or sustained gunfire, with OHK TV missiles that hit without warning.

Not happy with DICE atm.
Well, LMGs are LMGs...bipod all the way. Gets mad easy once a person sets up in a good spot. Best supporting fire you could get. Run'n'gun was kinda ridiculous with these beefy monsters (though still possible).

Helicopters; just soflam/jav that stuff. Yeah right, good luck finding cooperative teammates.

Btw, what's your username on BF, AX? Wanna play some games together?
...who else is in Europe anyway? I didn't really follow this thread much, for some damn reason.
Old 2012-04-02, 03:56   Link #657
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Not really happy with DICE either...

First time I tried the revised MANPADS, I indeed got lucky and downed a chopper in one go - so far so good, but then it seemed as if it was becoming harder to lock onto targets - and that wasn't just due to the incessant use of flares to evade other incoming SAMs or launcher-to-target distance. I just kept losing the lock.

But my biggest gripe is with the nerfed LMGs. Greater recoil is only part of my beef - it now appears I have to pump more bullets into a target to make it buy the farm - and in the meantime, I'm turning into a sieve as the other side isn't exactly willing to be stay still and die quietly. Oh, well, just a little bit more and I'll have the Pecheneg unlocked (I am not a frequent gamer, so it does take me time to secure all the nifty tools of the trade) and I'll see whether the caliber increase can counterbalance the patch's effects on my own gameplay.
Old 2012-04-02, 05:19   Link #658
Mr Hat and Clogs

Yeah the recoil is crazy on LMG's now, my '88 kicks like a mule on 'roids. Even deployed it kicks way more then it used to. Might have to try a different one, which is a pity cause I like the '88.

Oh, sneaky tip.. of sorts... Pistols do not suffer from suppression, the bullets still fly straight and true.
Old 2012-04-02, 08:08   Link #659
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post
Well, LMGs are LMGs...bipod all the way. Gets mad easy once a person sets up in a good spot. Best supporting fire you could get. Run'n'gun was kinda ridiculous with these beefy monsters (though still possible).
Yeah the bipod is insane, but other than that, not so much.

Quote:
Helicopters; just soflam/jav that stuff. Yeah right, good luck finding cooperative teammates.
Exactly. My mate and I sometimes run with this combo though, and it works. Sometimes. It isn't often we do it though.

Quote:
Btw, what's your username on BF, AX? Wanna play some games together?
Sure thing. I'm NorthernNuke. Though beware, my PC is very slow to load with BF3 (especially quitting which takes up to 10 minutes before I join another server), and I tend to *cough* ragequit *cough* servers if the teams are stacked to oblivion.

But BF3 is much more fun with teamwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
First time I tried the revised MANPADS, I indeed got lucky and downed a chopper in one go - so far so good, but then it seemed as if it was becoming harder to lock onto targets - and that wasn't just due to the incessant use of flares to evade other incoming SAMs or launcher-to-target distance. I just kept losing the lock.
The combo of flares + ECM/Below-Radar is the most frustrating exercise in any BF game to date. It's where they went wrong with the nerfing/buffing.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 08:44   Link #660
JagdPanther

I guess it's a good thing that I'm out of BF3 until I get my video card back from HIS... I'd be pretty pissed along with the rest of you, too.

The thing with some LMGs is that they are designed to NOT have that much recoil if you fire them properly. The M249, I'm guessing, now has a lot of recoil, but if you fire it properly, it's not supposed to (IRL) have very much recoil because of its calibre, weight, and design. If DICE made it significantly harder to use, that's really unfortunate. I can't remember what I have my Support gunner equipped with right now (may be the M240), but the 249 was definitely my favorite LMG to use.

So, did I follow right that helicopters are even worse now?