AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-07-10, 16:09   Link #1
BradleySmith
*IT Support

Do you ever just go out no matter what the time?

Sometimes i just feel like I'm sick of doing the same things something different would be nice, Its raining like hell and i just got back in for one of my "Random Bike Rides" where i just put in the earphones listen to Eminem and go wherever my mind takes me, I ended up at the 2 lakes (its a park with bike ramps and its also where people fish) it took about 20 minutes to get there crossing roads took the most time.

I was paying attention to the wet paths and all the snails making sure i don't hit them as i can't stand hurting things if i can avoid it. The world looks beautiful in the rain, Anyway so i went whizzing around this park in 7th gear, And in the park there if a wooden bridge, i didn't think i just went full speed and off, Wet musky wood, My back tyre went sliding and i was holding on for dear like on the side of the bridge, As soon as i crashed i just got back on my bike continue riding around the park but went a different route, 2 kids called me over to try get up the ramp they was on top of, They was only like 14 I'm 19 so i went over there but i couldn't lol the rain don't help, But at least i got a stunt bike which is really light so i was mucking around there for awhile, then back to listening eminem i was there for like 30 minutes, Then made my way home, Still admiring the beauty and taking different routes to have a change, Also trying to no hands next to a main road was abit stupid .

So i eventually got home avoiding snails, But then i hit 2 right next to my gate! ohh the agony of crushing a poor defenceless snail. As soon as i got home i got in my PJ's and come on here! I could go into more detail but i think that is enough.

Oh i forgot to mention it was at like 8:30PM i left.

So do you ever just get out of your house?

Check me out!
BradleySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 16:46   Link #2
Alchemist007
*Author

I did more often when I lived in my old house, the location was just superb. I don't do it as often but it's nice to wander so I know the feeling. Wish I still lived there though, it felt more open.
Old 2012-07-10, 16:52   Link #3
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

i love the rain too. unlike you, i accidently step on WORMS!
i usually go out of the house just to walk around...and that's all.
Old 2012-07-10, 17:09   Link #4
BradleySmith
*IT Support

Poor worms lol. And yeah theres something about a nice wander that just makes me think a lot clearer.

Check me out!
Old 2012-07-10, 17:45   Link #5
james0246

I often spontaneously leave home for days going on mini-trips near and far. I had an extreme case of wanderlust in my youth (never staying one place for more than a month at a time), and even now that I am older I still find myself going off at odd hours for no other reason than to travel. It certainly helps that I have friends and family scattered across the globe, and they are all willing to put me up for a few days/weeks.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 18:14   Link #6
Otarusama
{ :

Tend to throw on my headphones and go on aimless walks around my town whenever I get bored. That's about it though.
Old 2012-07-10, 18:52   Link #7
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
I start having emotional issues and build up ridiculous amounts of stress if I'm indoor for more than a few hours (Unless I'm sleeping). So yes I do go out randomly for usually 30 minute - 1 hour walks/jogs/bike rides 2 times a day excluding my regular day businesses. And because of this, I know like every single road and corner and walkway in this half of the city from wandering so much.

My latest is probably 2 am walks which happens when I have to take an all-nighter. Usually it's an hour or 2 after dinner.

If there's a thunderstorm, I go to sleep. (Thankfully I fall asleep easily and do not have insomnia) I've only freaked out in explosive rage and irritation twice in highschool.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 19:40   Link #8
Who

I'm going to be the first person here to say no. It's ridiculous, but my parents insist on me being home past 7 PM, unless I happen to be working or studying.

I don't mind a lot though. I sleep a lot, so being home a lot isn't that bad for me.

If it happens to be past 1 PM, I'm less inclined to go out. If it's after 9AM and before 1PM, then I'm more likely to go out. Don't know why.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 19:46   Link #9
Liddo-kun
is this so?

I'm usually at home by 7:30 pm (work ends at 6:30 pm).
And I won't go out after that.

On day offs I would go out at random times of the day if I feel like it - go to the gym, buy something from the sportshop, get a massage.. whatever I think of.

The most late time I went home is 4 in the morning, it's because I attended a wake.
The streets were eerily silent and it's a little scary.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2012-07-11 at 07:37. Reason: it's a wake, not a funeral
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 00:16   Link #10
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'll get out, alright...usually after lunch or during the afternoon hours. I once went to a friend's place for a movie and we stayed till 2 am. Then I had to walk around 2 miles...all alone in a dark, empty city. Scary stuff was scary enough for me never to do that again :P
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 00:41   Link #11
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I have a habit of going for random walks late at night. Despite walking alone in the darkness with only music player, it helps take a load off my mind and clear my thoughts.
Old 2012-07-11, 00:49   Link #12
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Yes, especially after dinner, for about an hour or so.

Sometimes if I am in the mood for romance, I go outside to feel some romantic rain.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 03:43   Link #13
BradleySmith
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I start having emotional issues and build up ridiculous amounts of stress if I'm indoor for more than a few hours (Unless I'm sleeping). So yes I do go out randomly for usually 30 minute - 1 hour walks/jogs/bike rides 2 times a day excluding my regular day businesses. And because of this, I know like every single road and corner and walkway in this half of the city from wandering so much.

My latest is probably 2 am walks which happens when I have to take an all-nighter. Usually it's an hour or 2 after dinner.

If there's a thunderstorm, I go to sleep. (Thankfully I fall asleep easily and do not have insomnia) I've only freaked out in explosive rage and irritation twice in highschool.
Wow you must have a nice area to be able to get out that late, if i done that here it would suck, And is it family stress or just the though of being indoors? And unfortunately for me i got insomnia/sleeping problems

"Yes, especially after dinner, for about an hour or so.

Sometimes if I am in the mood for romance, I go outside to feel some romantic rain"

Lol romantic rain that made me laugh

Check me out!
Old 2012-07-11, 09:39   Link #14
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleySmith View Post
Wow you must have a nice area to be able to get out that late, if i done that here it would suck, And is it family stress or just the though of being indoors? And unfortunately for me i got insomnia/sleeping problems
I have been in an incident with lightning that gave me a few 'perks' (miscellaneous mental disorders >_O). I don't live with my family. It's out-of-the-blue stress that comes from seemingly nothing.

If you're talking about safety, then yes it's safe-ish here.
Old 2012-07-11, 09:43   Link #15
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I like to go on spontanious bike/walking trips with a friend of mine every now and again. We will just be chilling and all of sudden its like, "lets go for a stroll or lets bike ride somewhere". For are bike rides we usually make a day thing out of biking arounf for the entire day, I've got so many miles recorded on my bike from those rides.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 13:33   Link #16
BradleySmith
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I like to go on spontanious bike/walking trips with a friend of mine every now and again. We will just be chilling and all of sudden its like, "lets go for a stroll or lets bike ride somewhere". For are bike rides we usually make a day thing out of biking arounf for the entire day, I've got so many miles recorded on my bike from those rides.
Wow i wish i had a friend like that sounds fun!

I have been in an incident with lightning that gave me a few 'perks' (miscellaneous mental disorders >_O). I don't live with my family. It's out-of-the-blue stress that comes from seemingly nothing.

If you're talking about safety, then yes it's safe-ish here.

You got hit by lightening? id rather much inherent disorders through that then be born with them like i am, Instead of oh yeh i got oct, id be like ONE DAY A FUCKING BOLT OF LIGHTENING HIT ME AND GAVE ME OCD HOW COOL RIGHT?

Check me out!
Old 2012-07-11, 16:11   Link #17
Alchemist007
*Author

You got hit by lightning? It's basically the reason I can't ever sleep during a t-storm, paranoia about getting struck.
Old 2012-07-11, 19:24   Link #18
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleySmith View Post
Sometimes i just feel like I'm sick of doing the same things something different would be nice, Its raining like hell and i just got back in for one of my "Random Bike Rides" where i just put in the earphones listen to Eminem and go wherever my mind takes me, I ended up at the 2 lakes (its a park with bike ramps and its also where people fish) it took about 20 minutes to get there crossing roads took the most time.
I read your story with interest, because I used to do things like that, too. If I felt like I was getting stuck in a rut, or if I wanted to do something to prove that I had control over my life, I would either head out or do something like taking a different route home. The entire experience was to get me out of the daily grind, to force me to pay attention to the world around me and appreciate just being alive.

I haven't done it in years. Perhaps back when I did it more frequently I was unhappy and felt stifled. It's kind of strange that now I am free to go anywhere and do anything, but I largely stick to a routine. Even when I have gone off and done something spontaneous, I didn't get the same thrill or enjoyment from it that I used to.

My guess is that I'm happier where I am now, but I don't know if that's really it. I hope I'm still able to feel those same emotions of joy and wonderment as I used to by simply taking a different route home, or going somewhere unplanned.
Old 2012-07-12, 07:14   Link #19
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I read your story with interest, because I used to do things like that, too. If I felt like I was getting stuck in a rut, or if I wanted to do something to prove that I had control over my life, I would either head out or do something like taking a different route home. The entire experience was to get me out of the daily grind, to force me to pay attention to the world around me and appreciate just being alive.

I haven't done it in years. Perhaps back when I did it more frequently I was unhappy and felt stifled. It's kind of strange that now I am free to go anywhere and do anything, but I largely stick to a routine. Even when I have gone off and done something spontaneous, I didn't get the same thrill or enjoyment from it that I used to.

My guess is that I'm happier where I am now, but I don't know if that's really it. I hope I'm still able to feel those same emotions of joy and wonderment as I used to by simply taking a different route home, or going somewhere unplanned.
Hehe, I get annoyed when someone's confused about my pathing and questions why I take such strange detours to get somewhere. Not annoyed as in angry, but more along the lines of 'Bahhh I don't want to explain it :X, I felt like it".

Is your schedule more cramped than before? I lose interest in all the little things whenever I'm back in my study term =(
Old 2012-07-12, 12:19   Link #20
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

i remember once i went to a late night movie show with my friends, the movie ended at 1:30am, then we went on a long bike ride, driving on main road, with almost no traffic and cool wind, really great , then we had a sizzling brownie with vanilla ice cream at a 24 hour cafe, then got home by 4 am in the morning

Tags
random bike rides