AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-06-10, 02:14   Link #2121
HasuMasu
*Artist

Well it looks like we've been duped anyway, apparently she's a girl.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 02:51   Link #2122
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Oh. Well. It's fine either way!
Old 2013-06-10, 03:46   Link #2123
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I think the roars of "I don't know if I'm supposed to be aroused or not!" are hilarious
Old 2013-06-10, 04:50   Link #2124
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I think the roars of "I don't know if I'm supposed to be aroused or not!" are hilarious
... and very sad
Old 2013-06-10, 05:30   Link #2125
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
... and very sad
And why is that? Are people not allowed to have arousal preferences for specific genders?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 05:41   Link #2126
Dextro
He Without a Title

Like a friend of mine would say: doesn't matter, still hot.
Old 2013-06-10, 05:46   Link #2127
Eragon
Still Alive

Hey, what about those who just find him/her cute as a kitten? I'm sure that's not entirely targeted to arousing you.

Meh, people are too perverted here
Old 2013-06-10, 06:13   Link #2128
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
And why is that? Are people not allowed to have arousal preferences for specific genders?
The opposite of the opposite is the problem, i.e. expressing disgust based on personal sexual preferences.
Old 2013-06-10, 06:33   Link #2129
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I don't see anyone expressing disgust or squickiness. Only weird arousal.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 06:43   Link #2130
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

As one of my friends would say, any holes a goal.
Old 2013-06-10, 07:25   Link #2131
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Maybe you should realize that sexuality is not quite as well-defined as you believe...
Right, just thinking something is cute doesn't mean you want to sex it up with said cute thing.

How ever if you DID think that and didn't know it was a boy, then you got every right to feel awkward. (to who ever made that mistake and thought)
Old 2013-06-10, 07:26   Link #2132
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
So...he's a guy.

Okay, someone teach me to tie a noose.
You need more BL in your life...:P

See, I can't recognize some of my male friends when they do trap cosplay too, it's actually not that rare.

Although I wonder...does that level of makeup not feel uncomfortable...?
Old 2013-06-10, 08:53   Link #2133
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
As one of my friends would say, any holes a goal.
Shut it you perv. That statement is absolutely disgusting. There are young girls in this forum you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
See, I can't recognize some of my male friends when they do trap cosplay too, it's actually not that rare.

Although I wonder...does that level of makeup not feel uncomfortable...?
It depends on existing physical traits for amount of makeup. There are kinds of girls; namely kawaiiko and bishoujo. Guys with rounder faces can get into the kawaiiko look by focusing on making their eyes look larger with thin black eyeliner and mascara, as well as coloured contacts and thinned out eyebrows. Face wise would be light bright blush around the cheekbones and cheek to emphasise on softer skin and cuteness.

Those with a height above 170cm, or with longer/thinner faces usually go for the bishoujo look, using a darker blush down the jawbones, pinkish/orange blush around the cheeks, with slightly pronounced eyeliner and mascara than kawaiiko.

It is obvious that a crossplayer needs less makeup if the skin is taken care of, and body size is constantly watched. Strenous exercises are avoided, substituted with yoga and pilates. Diet is watched, usually beans and soup replacing meat and rice, drinking solely only water and no flavoured drinks. Brisk-walking is done instead of running, stair-climbing is completely outed to avoid the growth of leg muscles.

And sometimes, changes to physical size can permanently disable a crossplayer; and it is usually caused by long-term carrying of loads, which builds bone-structure and muscles, and lack of sleep, which increases cortisol levels and causes the skin to age faster. Smoking does that too.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2013-06-10 at 09:57.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 10:05   Link #2134
Sumeragi
Banned

Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 10:24   Link #2135
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
It depends on existing physical traits for amount of makeup. There are kinds of girls; namely kawaiiko and bishoujo. Guys with rounder faces can get into the kawaiiko look by focusing on making their eyes look larger with thin black eyeliner and mascara, as well as coloured contacts and thinned out eyebrows. Face wise would be light bright blush around the cheekbones and cheek to emphasise on softer skin and cuteness.

Those with a height above 170cm, or with longer/thinner faces usually go for the bishoujo look, using a darker blush down the jawbones, pinkish/orange blush around the cheeks, with slightly pronounced eyeliner and mascara than kawaiiko.

It is obvious that a crossplayer needs less makeup if the skin is taken care of, and body size is constantly watched. Strenous exercises are avoided, substituted with yoga and pilates. Diet is watched, usually beans and soup replacing meat and rice, drinking solely only water and no flavoured drinks. Brisk-walking is done instead of running, stair-climbing is completely outed to avoid the growth of leg muscles.

And sometimes, changes to physical size can permanently disable a crossplayer; and it is usually caused by long-term carrying of loads, which builds bone-structure and muscles, and lack of sleep, which increases cortisol levels and causes the skin to age faster. Smoking does that too.
You seem pretty well informed... Is there anything you should be telling us? :P
Old 2013-06-10, 10:26   Link #2136
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Cosplay is both an art and science, obviously.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 10:34   Link #2137
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Not enough Heath Ledger

Kidding aside, that's a really good one.
Old 2013-06-10, 10:37   Link #2138
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Cosplay is both an art and science, obviously.
S-chan is a scientific artist.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 10:51   Link #2139
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
So...he's a guy.

Okay, someone teach me to tie a noose.

^ Perfect for this discussion! XD
Old 2013-06-21, 09:23   Link #2140
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Went to Toycon 2013 last Sunday, June 16. It's a three day event held at SM Megamall, I attended the last day. Got there at about 1 p.m. and went home at past 7 pm. Compared to last year's Toycon, this Toycon is incredibly crowded. Probably because another anime convention - Hero Face Off 2013, is being held on the same floor as Toycon. Alodia and Jinri Park are also special guests at Toycon for this day, which is obviously a good thing.

Ok, without further delay. Here are the pics:

First pic of the day are two Persona cosplayers.

Chibi Madoka cosplay by Elijah Nicole.

My friend Cristel and her sister Mary Grace.
Mary is doing a cosplay of Aqua from Kingdom Hearts.

Cristel told me that they could only stay till 3. It's good I searched for them first.

. . .

Princess cosplaying a character from Fairy Tail.

The silent man. He never talked, only used hand signals.

Shai cosplaying as Yui from K-On.

Frances Andrea doing a Miku cosplay. I talked a bit to the person who seems to be her mom. She told me that it's Andrea's first time to cosplay.
Not bad at all for a first time.

Samurai. Anyone know which anime this cosplay is from? There's also a green one and a black one nearby, but I wasn't able to get their pic because of the thick crowd.

My friend Mikki cosplaying as Ranka. Cheerful girl, she had I think 2 or 3 photographer friends with her. They already finished doing a phetoshoot.
A day after the convention, she said that she's happy to be able to buy a figurine that she liked. I was suddenly tagged to it on FB. o_o

. .

Went down to the 4th floor.

Jenma cosplaying as Fionna from Adventure Time. Met her when I went down. Told me that she's a writer.
Wow, the air in the 4th floor feels fresh and comfortable compared to the hopelessly crowded 5th floor. Anyway, can't relax here for long, there's still some other friends that I need to find.

. .

Kia cosplaying as Phoenix. Met her on the 4th floor as I was about to go up the escalator.

Back to the 5th floor.

Aya Orevis from Mad Father, cosplayed by Miku Heart

Witch Blade

Taiga cosplay by Allysa. Tsundere characters are always nice.

. . . .

Yan Yan, she's only wearing a wig. Still cute though, so I took pic. ",)
She's friends with Alyssa (Taiga cosplayer).

Morgiana and Aladdin from Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic

Luka Megurine Maid cosplay by Yumi Jiin

Delayed buying ticket because the line is long like long cat. And for some reason, when it's my turn to pay, the cashier inside is telling me something that I can't hear properly - in a noisy convention you should speak louder please. Onegai desu. Anyway, long story short, I managed to pay because I noticed that there's an "express lane" nearby, and it could be used for people who have exactly 120 pesos. Got ticket at last. @_@

Entered the Megatrade Hall

Plenty of souvenirs to buy. And as an added health benefit, it's much much cooler and easier to move around in here than the crowded hallways.

. . .

Tiffany cosplaying as Minami-san from Queen's Blade. Met her and her sister (not cosplaying) in front of Otaku's Den.
In this area, I took the time to relax and buy a souvenir for someone.

Dragon Nest booth

While wandering around, I unexpectedly saw Alodia. The last time that I saw her up close was in 2011 at Mall of Asia. She's still very pretty, and I'm glad to get near again after almost 2 years. After several failed attempts (tried so hard!), I managed to get a few pics of her before she moved on to another area. Success. >

. . .

Want to take home some magazines?

Toy Empire booth

Komikon booth - they seem to be promoting some new manga and doujins.

. . .

Jem cosplaying as Mio from K-On. And her friend David.
Well, it's nice to have your own cameraman when going to cons. /just kidding :P

This store sells Jinri Park mechandise, I bought one of the pins. One of the store workers told me that Jinri is doing a "meet and greet" nearby.

Senjougahara Hitagi from Bakemonogatari

Jhana doing a Taiga cosplay. Well, always nice to have more palmtop tigers.

Late afternoon and getting a little tired at this point. So I kept staying inside the Megatrade Hall where it is cooler.

Name of this store is Kaiba. Their giant stuffed pillow got my attention.

Just a few steps from "Kaiba", I met Rachielle cosplaying as Saber, and her friend Nine cosplaying as Princess Tomoyo. Day is full of surprises, I didn't expect to see someone cosplaying a character from Tsubasa Chronicles.

And taking a few more steps. I met Katherine cosplaying as Kobato-chan from Boku wa Tomodachi. Her friend Elai is cosplaying as Sena.

There seems to be a drawing contest going on, I moved to take a closer look.

Walking to take closer look at the person drawing.,. suddenly realized that I got into the area where they are doing the meet and greet with Jinri Park. Tiredness gone in an instant, and suddenly with a mission to take her pic. Tried getting a shot. But it's even harder than getting a pic of Alodia, Jinri is well guarded by the Toycon staff. Still managed to get pic of Jinri., unfortunately it's blurred. Gomenasai..

Blurred is still better than nothing though. And I'm thankful I even had this.

Went back to the hallway.

Got revitalized by the encounter with Jinri, so I proceeded to go back to the hallway. There's more cosplayers in this area than inside the Megatrade hall.

Some more cosplayers.

Bunny girl, there are many people taking pics of her. Though of course, getting her pic is not as hard as getting a pic of Alodia or Jinri.

Unexpectedly met someone I know, it's Rina in her Miku cosplay once again. She won a cosplay contest last year (Pop Culture Fair). So cute, when she speaks english while holding her stuffed toy. *-*

. . .

Tiana cosplaying as Katen Kyokotsu from Bleach. She moves around rather fast, like a ninja. o_o

. . .

Princess Elf cosplay by Ashley, and her friend Apple doing a demon hunter cosplay from Diablo 3.

My friend Jane-chan. These pics were shot at the carpark.
Hard to believe, but there's still a lot of cosplayers present at this hour. On most conventions that I've attended, the crowds usually start to get thinned by 5 pm. Here in Toycon 2013, the crowds looks like the same number as when I arrived, and the photoshoots now extend to the carpark. o_o

Yuno with her reliable axe. Cosplay by Kristine.

Entrance to the Megatrade Hall. Almost time to go home.. it's already past 7 in the evening.

Not sure, but she reminds me of Riko from Aria the Scarlet ammo.

Tomomi Itano cosplay by Mina. Not much to comment except this is truly a nice day.. I'm just a few minutes from going home and then I found a cosplay that I've been looking for since 1 pm. ",)

One last walk around the 5th floor.

Stockings cosplay. She has lots of fans, just like the bunny girl cosplayer that I saw earlier.

Desu.. err, I mean Suiseiseki from Rozen Maiden.
I found them near benches where some cosplayers are resting.

Princess, the Fairy Tail cosplayer that I met when I arrived is still here. She looked a bit tired too, but still available for one last pic.

Some more pics before going to the carpark. Cute cosplayers, they replied "dou itashimashite" when I thanked them for the pic. Sadly, I lacked the strength to ask people's names at this point. >_<

And last pic for the day is my friend Allea. She's with her group of Naruto cosplayers.

Overall, it's a nice day. Though with a few negatives, two friends were unable to attend today due to various reasons. And I was unable to find one friend (Aimee), apologized to her through FB as soon as I got home.. Goodbye Toycon 2013, and hope to come back on Toycon 2014.

Some simple souvenirs from Toycon.

I bought a Jinri Park Pin, and a hat. Gave the hat to one of my friends today. ",)

Well, that's it. Next convention report will be about Oh No Manga! Cosplay Camp, happening on July 7. Thank you for reading.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2013-07-01 at 01:12.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cosplay, photo