AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2009-08-04, 17:06   Link #1
nanafan
horo fan

Wink True Blood

I know it's been around for a while, but i was wondering if anyone watched it, and what they think of it? i think it's a great show and it's really addicting, that's my .02 cents.
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 17:45   Link #2
CrazyRevy
Don't say Lazy

Send a message via AIM to CrazyRevy
I've watched it since season one I'm an ep or 2 behind on S2 but I love it alot better then another vampire series thats so popular that I will not name lol.
CrazyRevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 17:53   Link #3
nanafan
horo fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyRevy View Post
I've watched it since season one I'm an ep or 2 behind on S2 but I love it alot better then another vampire series thats so popular that I will not name lol.
which is that, there are quite a few...buffy? i am a bit behind i am only on ep 5 of season 2.
Old 2009-08-04, 18:13   Link #4
james0246

I was actually surprised by how much I liked the television series (and the book series by Charlaine Harris). It was one of the few times in which a romatic relationship between an immortal and mortal actually made sense. Added to that, the universe feels very "real" with multiple positive and neagtive (and even neutral) viewpoints exsisting amongst the various species. The show, and books, still feel a little childish at times, but this interpretation of world with Vampires is one of the better ones to have evolved in the past few years and certainly one of the most realistic (in so much as a Vampire story can be realistic ).

Plus, Anna Paquin is hot .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 01:20   Link #5
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanafan View Post
which is that, there are quite a few...buffy? i am a bit behind i am only on ep 5 of season 2.
Twilight, I assume.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 12:27   Link #6
LithiumHelios
Custom User Title

Send a message via MSN to LithiumHelios
Only watched the first episode and can't say that I was overly impressed (wasn't bad but not great). Obviously it would be naive to make a judgement based on that one episode alone. Does the rest of the season maintain a similiar sort of style?

Was tempted to get around to watching the rest of the season. Seemed like it could have been interesting.
LithiumHelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 18:42   Link #7
nanafan
horo fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumHelios View Post
Only watched the first episode and can't say that I was overly impressed (wasn't bad but not great). Obviously it would be naive to make a judgement based on that one episode alone. Does the rest of the season maintain a similiar sort of style?

Was tempted to get around to watching the rest of the season. Seemed like it could have been interesting.
yep, the rest of the season is pretty much the in the same style as the first. i actually read most of the sookie books, which like the show are really addicting. i love the story and everything, even thought there are some characters i am not to fond of like jason, i hate to say it but he's dumb as a post. twilight definitely has nothing on true blood. this show in my opinion, and a lame pun has bite.
Old 2009-08-05, 20:06   Link #8
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

i was just thinking of starting a thread on this show. i have just caught up with both seasons and am now up to date. it has inspired many is ideas for me. it's a very good series and works really well.

the characters all have there unique little traits and is really intriging me as every episode goes by.

it's based off some novals and i was reading some synopisis of the novals and there are some really good new creatures that we might get to see.

very good series... fully recommend it. though it does have it's share of nudity.
Old 2009-08-05, 21:06   Link #9
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

I've watched a few episodes before and the story is very interesting. There's just too much sexual stuff which I find kind of unnecessary.

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 23:42   Link #10
Irkalla
I asked for this

No, tb? Seriously what is that :O

Been totally fascinated by it from ep 1, and there wasn't even Eric to fangirl at that time. The show combines everything that I love most which is supernatural (vampires particularly) suspense, violence and sex. Ok that doesn't mean I'll watch just everything with that, I have my standards too and Tb definitely fills the bill. I'm also up to date with the novels, and I can tell you guys that it will get better and better.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT EP!
Old 2009-08-06, 06:43   Link #11
nanafan
horo fan

i also like that there is not only vampires but shapeshifters, witches, etc. to me i think it makes it more fun, and the suspense is of the hook, i am always on the edge of my seat when i watch it.
Old 2009-08-17, 16:04   Link #12
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Spoiler for season 2 ep3:
Old 2009-08-19, 11:10   Link #13
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragrantFlora View Post
I've watched a few episodes before and the story is very interesting. There's just too much sexual stuff which I find kind of unnecessary.
I concur; I'd rather read the books and avoid the gratuitous hump-scenes.

Generally books're better than the adaptations anyway LOL

I also find Anna Paquin to be disturbingly unattractive so having her be the leading lady with all these glamorous vampires after her, etc is just a stretch.

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 17:50   Link #14
nanafan
horo fan

i think anna paquin imo is really pretty, and her teeth are cute... her southern accent is good too.
Old 2009-08-21, 14:50   Link #15
Shinigami-Momo

It's a good show I think of it as a mature version of Buffy but i think it focuses a bit to much on sex sometimes and it can be a bit embarrassing when someone walks in the room. For those who have read the books how do the books compare to the Series like the content and the characters?
Shinigami-Momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 16:46   Link #16
nanafan
horo fan

I agree the sex part could be a little less graphic? I have read the books and most of it matches, but not all, like tara isn't in the books until later, and her and lafayette aren;t related, can't remember the other differences. but i still like the books even if they are a bit different.
Old 2009-08-23, 05:48   Link #17
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Well I started following this show thanks to Zas . We sorta had a deal over Supernatural TB . As I am huge fan of vampire related fiction I was immediately sold on this show. The dark and grotesque feel also the imagery associated with OP really enticed me . I I even had a sig /icon set of TB : )

I actually like Anna or the character she portrays Sookie . In the initial episodes of first season I was totally put off by the spineless male characters Suicidal Bill to Sensitive Sam . The only male character who I truly enjoyed was Lafayette . The resident resident drag queen Lafayette was the Epitome of Manliness for this show . Till we were bestowed with character Eric . Once Eric and Pam got introduced things began to spark and light up . Each episode was getting better than the previous one. Soon as Rene grew on me this show went on to become one of my favorites along with Dexter and Supernatural .

I had already been spoiled about the show and I pretty much knew S1 was just a teaser for the awesomeness that was to follow . But the preview of S2 just blew me off and I was like Bob Dylan's still got it man . I dont remember ever bothering to watch TV at nights since first season of Dexter . Each episode was better than the other

The new character introduced were also nice here are my thoughts one the ones I liked .

Jessica : I liked Jessica for her spunk and banter with Bill , The HoytXJessica romance was sweetly and delicately handled . I like how there romance is budding .

Lorena : Didnt like her all that much when she was introduced. But the flashback scene was oolala , I like how she brought out the animal in Bill and made him look cool just for once . The last episode I really felt bad for her her diaglogue But now it becomes nothing but a constant Humiliation was indeed heart wrenching .

Godric : Man this guy defines how vampires should be , he totally kicked butt in the flashback scene . Also that ever present cold smile added more flavor to his character .. Godric despite having limited appearances stole the show . The Rape Scene or the Messianic appearance and lecture in the alter just added to his character making him even more endearing . I felt no character could steal Eric's thunder but Godric just did thrice over : D

Few changes I would have liked in S2

- Anne or Sookie should have gotten a make over a new look . I heard lot of negativity regarding her appearance .

- Godric Died =/

Spoiler for NOVEL:

Also cant wait for today's episode so looking forward to it . But I am most excited about Episode 11

Spoiler for EPISODE 11 :

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2009-08-23 at 19:09. Reason: T Y P O S
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 10:21   Link #18
Wattstax

I love the show, too. I especially like, that not all "monsters" are depicted as pure evil, apart from the werewolves

But I'm far from disturbed about the sex. It's one of the few show were the explicit display makes sense because it is part of the story. Could by my european upbringing, though.

I love and hate the fact that Jessica stays a virgin. It's good opportunity for her characterzation, but it also makes me pity her
Godrick should have got a bigger part. Jason is also great. And I like the articulation of Arlene. But most of all: Let the beautiful waitresses stay alive!!!
Wattstax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 10:42   Link #19
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Haven't watched this actually, though a friend of mine suggested it to me because he knows I have a Vampire fascination, or at least used to have one. I may check it out anyways, since it seems like it's the best thing since season one of Heroes.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 12:48   Link #20
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanafan View Post
twilight definitely has nothing on true blood. this show in my opinion, and a lame pun has bite.
I know some people who might disagree with you.

Saw the ads for this, which conviced me to watch the first episode, which aired last week for the first time in the UK. So far it has all the right ingredients to keep me watching. Very shallow reasons as always, but still.

Reminded me of VK on some level.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote