AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-10-17, 16:16   Link #1
Kisuke06
I see...

Street Fighter IV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kucuDLxaUQY
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26535.html

EXTREME HAPPINESS HERE!

Last edited by Kisuke06; 2007-10-17 at 16:37.
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 16:22   Link #2
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

3D = phailed already. :| Ryu & Ken look ugly there too..... I still prefer Guilty, Melty & Tekken over any SF title.

[/opinion] : P

The No platform announced yet makes it more sound like a Xbox 360 exclusive rather than Multi 360/PS3. Unless they plan to mess with it on the Wii? Oh wellz, Capcom sux0rs now to me.
Old 2007-10-17, 21:04   Link #3
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka View Post
3D = phailed already. :| Ryu & Ken look ugly there too..... I still prefer Guilty, Melty & Tekken over any SF title.

The No platform announced yet makes it more sound like a Xbox 360 exclusive rather than Multi 360/PS3. Unless they plan to mess with it on the Wii? Oh wellz, Capcom sux0rs now to me.
It's just concept art, that is in no way indicative of how the game will actually look. Would be more excited if I wasn't so caught up in Arcana Heart right now. However, by the time this finally comes out, I'll be very pumped up. Still hoping that they stick with 2D, haven't heard much about Capcom's other new 2D fighter, Basara X (or whatever it's called). But if that's good, I'd still have high hopes for SF4.

19 years and finally a SF game with 4 in the title .
Old 2007-10-18, 08:33   Link #4
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

how many SF games has already existed in earth?

SF
SF2
SF zero
SF zero 2
er...i lost count after this...
Old 2007-10-18, 08:53   Link #5
kadenza

the trailers looks awesome [watch it at gametrailers or gamespot, youtube quality doesnt do it justice] but im just curiouse how it will differ from the other sf titles alrdy out in terms of gameplay? cos the only differecne apart from the expected gfx quality i see is the "IV" slapped on the title =/
kadenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 16:19   Link #6
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
how many SF games has already existed in earth?

SF
SF2
SF zero
SF zero 2
er...i lost count after this...
Don't even try man. For the official story canon order though I'll give people this.

Street Fighter
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Street Fighter 3: Second Impact
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
Street Fighter IV (assumed)
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 17:00   Link #7
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Don't even try man. For the official story canon order though I'll give people this.
I'll give it a shot (Capcom releases, not bootleg stuff like Rainbow):

SF2 series:
World Warrior
Champion Edition / Dash
Turbo Hyper Fighting
Super
Super Turbo

Alpha Series:
1: Warriors Dream
2 Zero
2 Gold
3 Upper

3 Series:
Next Generation
Double Impact
3rd Strike

for completeness sake:

XMen vs SF
SF vs MSH
Marvel vs. Capcom
Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Capcom vs SNK
Capcom vs SNK Pro
Capcom vs SNK 2

SNK vs Capcom: Match of the Millenium (Neo Geo Pocket Color)
SNK vs Capcom (Neo Geo)

Capcom Fighting Evolution/Jam

That should cover most major titles, but there may be minor differences between versions on different consoles.
Old 2007-10-18, 17:23   Link #8
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Holy shit. That's quite a bit.

Guilty Gear in my book will always be king of 2d fighters. By a LONG SHOT.
Old 2007-10-18, 17:55   Link #9
brightman
Ancient Member

There's also Super Gem Fighter and Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo (both being arcade SF spinoffs )...

And there's also the Street Fighter EX series:
Street Fighter EX
Street Fighter EX Plus
Street Fighter EX2
Street Fighter EX2 Plus
Street Fighter EX3

...though that's by Arika.

And also left out was Hyper Street Fighter II: The Anniversary Edition, which WAS an arcade release from 2001 that was also ported to various consoles.
Old 2007-10-18, 18:39   Link #10
ssfsx17

They could have ended the series nicely with SF3 if it wasn't for the unappealing characters like Twelve, Urien, Oro and Gill. Those four valuable spaces could have been used on Karin, Guy, etc. and thus result in the perfect SF game.

Hopefully, the game designers won't make more characters like Twelve or Oro.
ssfsx17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 18:50   Link #11
Hairspray Queen

Hmm, I do believe that video just made me cream myself. I won't mind so much if it's 3D this time round. Who knows, they might actually be able to pull it off.
Hairspray Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 02:44   Link #12
Tone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssfsx17 View Post
They could have ended the series nicely with SF3 if it wasn't for the unappealing characters like Twelve, Urien, Oro and Gill. Those four valuable spaces could have been used on Karin, Guy, etc. and thus result in the perfect SF game.

Hopefully, the game designers won't make more characters like Twelve or Oro.
Gill was boss only. Urien is quite a popular character, Oro not as much. Though if you want to go by story, Oro is pretty damn awesome (Restricting his power by using only one arm + Ryu's currently in the process of getting trained by the guy, come SFIV Ryu better be a beast)

Twelve was cool in design only, its a shame he was so bad in 3S.

Why do people assume that 3D graphics = automatically bad? The core gameplay can remain 2D, but the 3D would make for some awesome visuals.
Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 03:22   Link #13
kadenza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone View Post
The core gameplay can remain 2D, but the 3D would make for some awesome visuals.
but hasnt this been the case with all the 3d sf games? i would actually prefer if they updated the gameplay for a 3d version [if that is what sf4 is] as the whole 2d gameplay w/3d gfx is a bit cheap imo.....i think it is possible to make a good 3d sf game [w/"3d gameplay" too], though the past ones havnt been perfect but they still may be able to work it out.
kadenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 02:55   Link #14
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka View Post

If SF4 is 360 exclusive Capcom will lose a boatload of money.
The amount of time and money they're going to spend on this game is going to make anything less of a full arcade+console multiplatform release with expansions/rereleases/rebalances not worth it.

Keep in mind that Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike has been out for ~8 years, and it's still highly competitive. The XBox didn't even last that long.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 08:58   Link #15
V-Slasher

I hope it's 2d like a sequel to sfIII with high-res sprites. anyway I am waiting for KOF XII much more than this one.
V-Slasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 20:45   Link #16
Papaya
Sup

Meh, the KOF series has been going downhill. They're spending more and more time on the games, but the changes are all pretty bad. Seriously, KOF XI... Oswald... imbalance, anyone?

Anyways, I'm curious to see what the art style is for this new SF. I think everyone is, really. The teaser of course... have absolutely nothing to do with the game, but I wouldn't be TOTALLY disappointed if they stuck with it. I'm not a fan of Capcom's newer characters... they're getting really out there. Blanka is okay because he's a classic... even if he is a green guy. But yeah. SF3 just added all sorts of psychos.

I hope they don't make the same mistake as in SF3: New Generation and leave out half the classic characters.
Old 2007-10-22, 13:17   Link #17
V-Slasher

oswald cheap? kula and gato are far worse in kof xi. anyway I've never seen a fighting game with completely balanced charaters.
V-Slasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 13:25   Link #18
Papaya
Sup

*shrug*
I haven't followed the XI competitive scene recently.

There are plenty of *generally* balanced fighters though.
SF3: 3rd Strike is one of them. You could argue for tiers, and tiers definitely exist, but every once in a while, someone comes along and COMPLETELY dominates the competition with some previously "unknown" character, like that guy at Super Battle Opera 3v3 with Makoto (he looked ubergeeky, and his two teammates were pretty gals who sucked ass at SF3... lolcarry).
It really depends on how bad the tiers are. A game like Marvel vs Capcom 2 has definitive tiers. Like, you can't play at the competitive level if you don't have Magneto/Cable/etc. on your team. But you know, it took them years to figure out Cable was a good fighter =P
Tekken 5 is another heavily tiered game, though I'm not sure about Dark Resurrection. Nina/Steve/Bryan anyone? It was almost disgusting.

Then we have Soul Calibur 3... completely and utterly ruined by NAMCO releasing the game on consoles before arcades, then crapping all over console users by releasing a revised, rebalanced, debugged arcade version with new attacks to boot. The game was dead by then, anyways, competitively.

But yeah, complete balance is a no. I think the Virtual Fighter series comes pretty close to it though. VF4: Final Tuned was excellent. VF5 is very, very good as well, though I'm disappointed no one uses Vanessa.
Old 2007-10-22, 15:45   Link #19
Tone

I find it hard to believe that people complain about the balance in KOF XI after it was such a huge step up from the utter trash that were 2001 and 2003. Aside from Gato, the balance isn't that really bad (I dont have a problem with kula except for her easy to connect LDM) enough to make it unplayable :\
Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 17:20   Link #20
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
It really depends on how bad the tiers are. A game like Marvel vs Capcom 2 has definitive tiers. Like, you can't play at the competitive level if you don't have Magneto/Cable/etc. on your team. But you know, it took them years to figure out Cable was a good fighter =P
I hope you were being sarcastic.

I think a lot of people want SF to stay away from 3D because of the EX series. Not necessarily because it was bad, but because in a lot of ways it didn't feel like a SF game. The jumps were really floaty, and crossups were weird. The collision detection most certainly didn't feel like a SF game, even with the same combos. I also think that aesthecally, it didn't look anywhere near as good as equivalent 2D SFs of the time. This last point is probably moot nowadays given how powerful gaming hardware is.

Tags
capcom, fighting, ps3, recycling, windows, xbox360