AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-18, 22:47   Link #781
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

The whole lamata thing's funny. The wulgaru seems to only choose people they THINK they could defeat with some effort, but never try to fight someone who is stronger than them. They run away whenever they meet a stronger foe.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 22:56   Link #782
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
I do find it interesting that this didn't seem to be a problem when Tamaki's Harmonic levels rose, but perhaps in her case they just didn't rise high enough.
Well, it could be that Rose 3 is just as ditzy as her pilot...
However, Tamaki did show more strength and tenacity in that she wouldn't give up even when her machine was overheating. Perhaps if she had continued, her harmonics would have reached the level where Rose 3's mind would have taken over?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 23:02   Link #783
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Well, it could be that Rose 3 is just as ditzy as her pilot...
However, Tamaki did show more strength and tenacity in that she wouldn't give up even when her machine was overheating. Perhaps if she had continued, her harmonics would have reached the level where Rose 3's mind would have taken over?
Haha, that wouldn't surprise me at all. Ditzy Tamaki, and a ditzy Rose 3, a match made in heaven.

Hopefully this will be something that they will continue to explore with the rest of the pilots now. Maybe Asagi will be next considering the next episode seems to focus on him. Also Asagi's my favorite character, so I want to see what his power up mode looks like. Which is another thing, I wonder if they all have power up modes or is it just Izuru...guess we'll have to wait and find out.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 23:07   Link #784
waffler

i dunno about anyone else but i prefer only izuru to be able to power up that way he can have some unique power that make him stand out as main char xD
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 23:11   Link #785
Irenesharda

Well, I don't know about that. They all really need to have some characterization. They've been generic and underdeveloped for half the series, it's really time for them to develop more now.

Izuru has had more development than anyone else. He already stands out as the MC. However, his status as MC shouldn't take away from the development of his supporting characters.

I think it would be kind of cool for the others to have power-ups too. Usually the MC gets the first and most powerful power-up, but the other characters will get later power-ups that can help in the battle so they don't seem as if they are slowing everyone else down.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-07-19, 02:26   Link #786
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Haha, that wouldn't surprise me at all. Ditzy Tamaki, and a ditzy Rose 3, a match made in heaven.

Hopefully this will be something that they will continue to explore with the rest of the pilots now. Maybe Asagi will be next considering the next episode seems to focus on him. Also Asagi's my favorite character, so I want to see what his power up mode looks like. Which is another thing, I wonder if they all have power up modes or is it just Izuru...guess we'll have to wait and find out.
The mechas themselves have effectively "copies" of the base personality of the characters in them. Which would explain Tamaki when her levels rose super high: she's just as much of a ditz as in person.

I'm curious what Asagi might turn into, especially given the stomach aliment.

On the episode itself, another call out to Team Doberman's instinctive nature to Death Flag themselves. And their complete genre savvy at the fact they're up to it. Plus, battle field promotions! (Which is why the joke about "dying" worked, but you have to know the context of a bunch of those historical stories)
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 04:40   Link #787
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Well, I don't know about that. They all really need to have some characterization. They've been generic and underdeveloped for half the series, it's really time for them to develop more now.

Izuru has had more development than anyone else. He already stands out as the MC. However, his status as MC shouldn't take away from the development of his supporting characters.

I think it would be kind of cool for the others to have power-ups too. Usually the MC gets the first and most powerful power-up, but the other characters will get later power-ups that can help in the battle so they don't seem as if they are slowing everyone else down.
A bit dull as the MC--which could be applied to characters in general of this series
Old 2013-07-19, 04:51   Link #788
Tenzen12

I think that's pretty much point. Aside of mindwipe and mecha piloting he is normal teenage boy. All of them are normal teenagers. That's also why we get so much slice-of-life like episodes.

Screw protagonists with deep traumas, father complexes and histerical pacifists.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 06:40   Link #789
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I think that's pretty much point. Aside of mindwipe and mecha piloting he is normal teenage boy. All of them are normal teenagers. That's also why we get so much slice-of-life like episodes.

Screw protagonists with deep traumas, father complexes and histerical pacifists.
Still doesn't explain how willing they are at fighting for earth. They are child soldiers after all. They don't seem resentful, even a little, at being pressed into service. Doesn't seem real. I know they were born and specifically conditioned to be soldiers but it's really odd that there doesn't seem to be any bitterness. I know Izuru wants to be a hero, but it doesn't really explain why the others are so willing to fight at all.
Old 2013-07-19, 07:34   Link #790
Dop
Mmmm....

This bit was brilliant, but at least she didnt offer them pineapple salad...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

How much longer can Team Doberman dodge the flags like that?
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 07:37   Link #791
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post

Images

Team Doberman is more likely to survive than the main cast. They have to go that far with the Death Flag mockery.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 09:34   Link #792
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The comedy was great this week. I was slightly disappointed Pimp Izuru didn't get to interact with Ange. I'm sure that would have been just as funny as the other sequences. He might have also been able to find out her gender.
Old 2013-07-19, 09:48   Link #793
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Still doesn't explain how willing they are at fighting for earth. They are child soldiers after all. They don't seem resentful, even a little, at being pressed into service. Doesn't seem real. I know they were born and specifically conditioned to be soldiers but it's really odd that there doesn't seem to be any bitterness. I know Izuru wants to be a hero, but it doesn't really explain why the others are so willing to fight at all.
More like, they don’t have a choice nor alternative life but to fight since their memories before entering school is wiped out. MJP and its people is all they have and fighting for it is what they are needed to do. So, they might as well try to enjoy it while they’re at it. Also, just as you said, they’re just kids. What do you expect those kids to do against the government even if they don’t feel that strongly about fighting?

Speaking of which, did you just skipped the episode where Team Rabbit got upset with how that stupid commander treating them like a set of expensive meat raised only to fight? So yeah, I think the series already showed enough of Team Rabbits anxiety of their current predicament if you actually paid attention. Right now, they’re just enjoying what they got.
Old 2013-07-19, 11:28   Link #794
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The comedy was great this week. I was slightly disappointed Pimp Izuru didn't get to interact with Ange. I'm sure that would have been just as funny as the other sequences. He might have also been able to find out her gender.
don't think so that izuru even got asagi and suruga to blush, so i am pretty sure it can be said that when izuru is like that his appeal isn't gender based
Old 2013-07-19, 13:54   Link #795
ReddyRedWolf

Images
Determining Ange's gender Rated X
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 15:17   Link #796
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post

Well, it's a war mecha so that kind of comes part and parcel. And actually, they are even dull for supposed "normal" teens. And really they aren't that since they are genetically engineered child soldiers who belong to the military with not much possibility of a future outside of that. So, no, they're really not normal teens.

They've been dull and generic for the entire first half, and it was only with the arrival of Ange that we're beginning to get some larger advancements in the plot and a bit more character development.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-07-19, 15:39   Link #797
Tenzen12

Ok, so just cause they are geneticaly engeneered and Belong to military we should get bunch of sociopath who doesn't cook, aren't geeks, covert perverts and hero fanboys? They are young, trying enjoy what they can and deal with own problems which is far more than most mecha pilots were ever able (They are too busy with angsting).

They act as normal teenagers so I threat them like ones. So does many characters in show.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2013-07-19 at 15:59.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 21:37   Link #798
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
More like, they don’t have a choice nor alternative life but to fight since their memories before entering school is wiped out. MJP and its people is all they have and fighting for it is what they are needed to do. So, they might as well try to enjoy it while they’re at it. Also, just as you said, they’re just kids. What do you expect those kids to do against the government even if they don’t feel that strongly about fighting?

Speaking of which, did you just skipped the episode where Team Rabbit got upset with how that stupid commander treating them like a set of expensive meat raised only to fight? So yeah, I think the series already showed enough of Team Rabbits anxiety of their current predicament if you actually paid attention. Right now, they’re just enjoying what they got.
They do have their constitutional rights you know. They were illegally conscripted. It's surprising to know that no one protested when the kids first made their debut. The way I see it they are way TOO content about fighting and they don't seem to have any plans about what happens after the fighting's over. I know fighting's necessary for the safety of mankind but they are simply WAY TOO CONTENT.
Old 2013-07-19, 22:12   Link #799
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post

Images

Forever since majestic prince isn't a tragedy.
Old 2013-07-19, 23:55   Link #800
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
They do have their constitutional rights you know. They were illegally conscripted. It's surprising to know that no one protested when the kids first made their debut. The way I see it they are way TOO content about fighting and they don't seem to have any plans about what happens after the fighting's over. I know fighting's necessary for the safety of mankind but they are simply WAY TOO CONTENT.
Umm, I doubt they have the same constitutional rights we do. Plus, since the military created them, it wouldn't take a large leap for them to say that they own them and that they can use them however they want, since in a way, they are weapon created for war.

I mean they erase any memories of their lives as civilians and then forbid them from ever even attempting to get them back. The military has all these kid soldiers under their thumb. They've even got them trained to the point where they don't even care about their role as weapons. Since they do, for the most part, treat them like normal soldiers and human beings. (Well, that is except the part about not letting them have a family or a childhood or anything...but other than that... )

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Tags
action, actual mecha action, comedy, mecha, science fiction