Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-17, 20:43   Link #1141
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
Spoiler for ep 11:
Haven't seen the episode yet, but I assume that...
Spoiler for Episode 11? Or maybe just speculation?:
Old 2012-06-17, 20:57   Link #1142
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Haven't seen the episode yet, but I assume that...
Spoiler for Episode 11? Or maybe just speculation?:
Spoiler for 11:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 21:14   Link #1143
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Spoiler for 11:
Spoiler for Episode 10/11:

Edit: I suppose one thing we should consider as we start approaching the ending is that there will be a bonus 13th episode on the last Blu-Ray/DVD (released in November). But we don't yet know if this will be an epilogue (after episode 12), or a side-story that occurs sometime before the ending. I suppose the content of the ending will help determine that too.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-06-17 at 21:25.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 21:55   Link #1144
bumbayker

I finally watched this week's episode subbed and I loved it more than the previous one. The scene when Teiichi exchanged words with Yuuko was heart-wrenching since Yuuko could not see or hear him. It was also a tear-jerker when Teiichi accepted and loved Shadow Yuuko and Yuuko finally reconciling with her dark self. I really hope the last episode won't turn out bitter sweet.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 22:22   Link #1145
flack

Is this episode suppose to be touching? Damn guess I saw too much dramas.
flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 22:38   Link #1146
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flack View Post
Is this episode suppose to be touching? Damn guess I saw too much dramas.
If you like this sort of thing, I don't know if it really matters how many dramas you've seen so long as you like the characters. I had tears in my eyes both during episodes 10 & 11, even though I suppose if I give it a cold hard look I could say that what happened wasn't so unpredictable or "new". I guess I just allow myself to get swept away in the moment, and so long as I care for the couple, it's not hard. That's why I love romantic anime. Even though I only caught up on this show in the last few days, I'll be sad when it ends.
Old 2012-06-17, 22:43   Link #1147
GundamZZ
残念美人

Is it supposed the word play? The playing of Asa(first sun light of morning)gi and Yu(last sun light of evening)ko? Asagi literatelly means "light yellow" or "light blue".
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 23:10   Link #1148
ellessarr
Banned

well they many too many changes from manga to anime some goods some bads but really looks like the anime was good at all, i really get some bad feelings on this ep my eyes lit, and i really want see a good end(they end togheter) but after seeing the ornament through her wrist(clue she gona vanish soon) i get a bed feeling about she gona pass away in the end, and for ppls who talking about teiich end with kirie this is the worst can happen because in the whole anime and manga never was showed any time or chance for him end with her, because he never ever showed any feelings toward her, and her showed too small for him, to give any change for this happen, this is a nonsense end, is more logical he ends alone than with her or with momoes, and even about him end with kirie than have a reincarnated yuuko baby is gona be more nosense becuase he loves her like a woman(he gona love he daughter???incest??? lol)
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 23:34   Link #1149
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
for ppls who talking about teiich end with kirie this is the worst can happen because in the whole anime and manga never was showed any time or chance for him end with her, because he never ever showed any feelings toward her, and her showed too small for him, to give any change for this happen, this is a nonsense end, is more logical he ends alone than with her or with momoes,
Spoiler for based on what happens in Episode 11:

Once the anime's over, I may be curious to check out the manga and see how the story differs. I can certainly imagine that the path we're on now is probably anime-original given that the manga is still on-going, but from an anime-only perspective I can see why they did it this way.
Old 2012-06-17, 23:59   Link #1150
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Spoiler for based on what happens in Episode 11:

Once the anime's over, I may be curious to check out the manga and see how the story differs. I can certainly imagine that the path we're on now is probably anime-original given that the manga is still on-going, but from an anime-only perspective I can see why they did it this way.
i can say to you the manga is too superior than anime, for me the problem with the anime wast because he was too rushed, they skipped too many good plots from manga, and make some very bad changes(and some goods too), maybe if they followed the same path of nazo no kanojo x (is following the manga right without skipping any chapter) with the changes they wanted made(just added some more important plots)the anime gona be better but this means they gona make at last 2 seasons(and think they dont wanted to spend money for this), but by the way, like i told before for me anime was "good" not awesome like manga but is doing hi's job(make the manga sell) i still wish us dont get a "sad end"(she pass away), but in the lasts scenes looks like the chance of a "sad" end are bigger.(maybe the writer want troll us and give the good end in manga like many writes likes to do "animes end different from mangas/nl, somes goods somes bad).
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 00:20   Link #1151
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Is it supposed the word play? The playing of Asa(first sun light of morning)gi and Yu(last sun light of evening)ko? Asagi literatelly means "light yellow" or "light blue".
The wordplay for "asa" and "yuu" is quite obvious. The other isn't that much; Asagi means "light yellow" or "light blue", two of the first bunch of colors that a person sees during sunrise. In contrast, Yuuko has been constantly attributed to autumn and sunset, both of which carries the colors red and orange — which is among the colors dominant in sunset.

Also take note that "kiri" in Kirie means "mist", which is commonly colored gray and dull blue, and "momo" in Momoe means "pink".
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 00:28   Link #1152
bumbayker

Has anyone noticed the singer of the ending song changed? Was it Hara Yumi singing? The original singer was good but I like this version better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
i can say to you the manga is too superior than anime, for me the problem with the anime wast because he was too rushed, they skipped too many good plots from manga, and make some very bad changes(and some goods too), maybe if they followed the same path of nazo no kanojo x (is following the manga right without skipping any chapter) with the changes they wanted made(just added some more important plots)the anime gona be better but this means they gona make at last 2 seasons(and think they dont wanted to spend money for this), but by the way, like i told before for me anime was "good" not awesome like manga but is doing hi's job(make the manga sell) i still wish us dont get a "sad end"(she pass away), but in the lasts scenes looks like the chance of a "sad" end are bigger.(maybe the writer want troll us and give the good end in manga like many writes likes to do "animes end different from mangas/nl, somes goods somes bad).
Though I also consider the manga better than the anime I've learned to enjoy the anime for what it is despite the changes done in the adaptation. I was at first frustrated about the alterations but I decided to accept them and continue watching. What was important for me is it captured the relationship of Yuuko and Teiichi. From the animation and how much content Silver Link skipped/changed it became apparent that there wouldn't be a second season. It was a pleasant surprise that it progressively got better after the school festival arc. Even if the anime went off-tangent from the manga and chose an original end its still well worth watching. Here's hoping the series BD and manga sales does well.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 00:38   Link #1153
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
Has anyone noticed the singer of the ending song changed? Was it Hara Yumi singing? The original singer was good but I like this version better.
Yup, you've got it -- it was Yuuko's voice actress singing this one "in character" (the credits actually have Yuuko as the singer, with the voice actor indicated in brackets ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
What was important for me is it captured the relationship of Yuuko and Teiichi. From the animation and how much content Silver Link skipped/changed it became apparent that there wouldn't be a second season.
Unless they could actually get the budget right up-front and do "split-cour" or something, I think it's better this way because the story is nicely bookended. Imagine the frustration of having them make one season and then hope for good sales to get a second, and then not have it pan out. So based on that, it sounds from what you're both saying that the anime writer banked on the love story as being the primary thrust of the story from beginning to end, to make sure that we'd arrive at some sort of finality about both Yuuko and her relationship with Teichi. In an ideal world, I guess you can always hope for a series to have all the time it needs to be perfectly faithful to the original work... but this show seems to be making good use of its time. And I do agree that, while I always found the show good personally (again, anime-only perspective), the last few episodes have been really excellent. Well, as expected from the director/writer team that worked on the ef anime, I guess.
Old 2012-06-18, 01:39   Link #1154
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Good episode. Interesting that Yukariko has followed Teiichi's life for some time now.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 02:38   Link #1155
Molenir

I have to say, that the fact that she was murdered in some moronic human sacrifice, really pisses me off about this story. I mean, we always knew from the very beginning, that something like that was what caused her to become a ghost, but seeing it in episode 10 really pissed me off. I'll undoubtedly finish watching this show. Its been too good not to, but once its done, its going to get deleted. Not going to bother rewatching it once its complete. Great love story or no, it doesn't make up for her horrible murder. Though if they showed the 'elders' all committed suicide in regret, I might change my mind.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 02:50   Link #1156
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
Though if they showed the 'elders' all committed suicide in regret, I might change my mind.
Well...
Spoiler for Episode 11:

Still, as much as the situation in the past was senseless and unpleasant, the way it was presented was really engaging to me (very well directed and written, IMO). I'll definitely watch again.
Old 2012-06-18, 05:59   Link #1157
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Looks like a sad ending is coming , damn i hate sad ending with separation love even though it's a "weird" love. Old Ghost with a teenage boy.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 08:31   Link #1158
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
There are various creative ways for option one to take effect to be honest.

Ranging from being reborn as Niiya's daughter, to even more squickier possibilities. Like possession of someone else living. Like Kirie, for instance.
Very true. But it'd also have to be executed well; and that can prove to be a very difficult feat for some shows. Execution doesn't seem to be a problem for TOxA, so I'm positive it could pull off such an ending well. In fact, I hope it does.

Episode 11 was enjoyable; a lot more enjoyable than I thought it'd be. I love what this show does with colour. The insert song at the end was really nice, too.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 08:50   Link #1159
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Very true. But it'd also have to be executed well; and that can prove to be a very difficult feat for some shows. Execution doesn't seem to be a problem for TOxA, so I'm positive it could pull off such an ending well. In fact, I hope it does.

Episode 11 was enjoyable; a lot more enjoyable than I thought it'd be. I love what this show does with colour. The insert song at the end was really nice, too.
I think quite a few praised it for it's Shaft style art.... though I do agree that Shaft Style art is very effective at conveying abstractions.

Personally, I favor a Kirie possession, for some reason. It'll be a very, very fun possibility, if Kirie had a Dere!Yuuko- Tsun! Kirie hybrid personality.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 08:53   Link #1160
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Here's something for people to think about and hate me.

How about the ending taking a dark turn?
Spoiler for waaaafffuuuu:

Because anything can happen.

(I know this won't happen, it was a joke...a dark one but still a joke)
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural