AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2008-12-14, 16:07   Link #101
anime_layer
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to anime_layer
I've just pushed out test2, that should finally fix going back to fullscreen on Tiger. You can update with Sparkle or download it here:
http://mplayerosx.sttz.ch/downloads/...rev8-test2.dmg
(I haven't made any other changes but feedback of users on Tiger appreciated).

Here are two screenshots from the text options and the fullscreen controls:

Old 2008-12-14, 17:43   Link #102
sk3

OMG great work anime_layer

Damn i want my laptop back
Old 2008-12-15, 20:30   Link #103
Mr VacBob
yotsuba channel

Send a message via AIM to Mr VacBob
The deinterlacing methods in -pp (what's exposed in the prefs now) are all pretty bad. I'd recommend getting rid of them and replacing it with "-vf yadif" (the good deinterlacer) and "-vf pullup" (the good IVTC, pretty much needed for anime DVDs). You might need to enable correct PTS for those, though.
Old 2008-12-17, 01:16   Link #104
zeiram

Controller Redraw Crud in Rev8-Test2

Hello anime_layer.. I don't want to post this at the track as this is a test build, but I'm seeing some kind of 'redraw crap' on the fullscreen controller from time to time.

...this is with rev8-test1 and 2... caught while watching 'Dirty Pair TV' raws.. ;-)

The only thing unique about my setup is that I'm connecting to a *normal* tube TV from a Mini... but I think I've seen this on my MacBook Pro too.

ADDENDUM [a few hours later]: I noticed an errant mplayer process after quitting MPlayer Ext.Test2.app.. when I killed it and re-ran the build the controller 'cleaned up'.. so maybe it was caused by 2 or more mplayer processes?

Last edited by zeiram; 2008-12-17 at 10:49. Reason: Noticed... killing mplayer proc did away with..
Old 2008-12-17, 17:58   Link #105
anime_layer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr VacBob View Post
The deinterlacing methods in -pp (what's exposed in the prefs now) are all pretty bad.
Thanks for the tip. Do you know of any comparison of the available deinterlacing filters? I've based the current selection on a mailing list post comparing the pp filters that unfortunately didn't include the other filters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoofborg View Post
ADDENDUM [a few hours later]: I noticed an errant mplayer process after quitting MPlayer Ext.Test2.app.. when I killed it and re-ran the build the controller 'cleaned up'.. so maybe it was caused by 2 or more mplayer processes?
I've seen this too and attributed it to a nib-strangeness*. I'll have to take another closer look in this case.

* Like the one problem where Interface Builder would often "forget" the min-size of the main window. The values are still correct in IB and only changing them to something else and back would make IB recognize the values again.
Old 2008-12-18, 14:13   Link #106
Mr VacBob
yotsuba channel

Send a message via AIM to Mr VacBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by anime_layer View Post
Thanks for the tip. Do you know of any comparison of the available deinterlacing filters? I've based the current selection on a mailing list post comparing the pp filters that unfortunately didn't include the other filters.
The best one I know is http://guru.multimedia.cx/deinterlacing-filters/, by the author of yadif/most of ffmpeg. It only compares one sample, though.
Old 2008-12-21, 05:15   Link #107
Takeru
Jag äter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Takeru
Just wanted to inform you of a crash I just had with Rev7. I have no idea what the onset for it was.

What I was doing: Unpausing a video
What happened: Video area went completely white and program quit

Console:
Code:
Sun Dec 21 02:33:03 TrickBook.local MPlayer OSX Extended[3830] <Info>:   =====  PAUSE  =====
Sun Dec 21 02:33:03 TrickBook.local MPlayer OSX Extended[3830] <Info>: ID_PAUSED
Sun Dec 21 02:38:19 TrickBook.local MPlayer OSX Extended[3858] <Info>: ===================== MPlayer OSX Started =====================
It shows no sign of any reason for the crash in the Console

Apple's crash informer with Developer Mode turned on produced these errors:
Old 2008-12-24, 18:52   Link #108
Kaonashi

Send a message via MSN to Kaonashi
Any idea when will it have support for linked files in Matroska?
Old 2008-12-30, 18:07   Link #109
Hardan
the Hamperor.

Send a message via MSN to Hardan
Hi there!
I have a little problem, I am running Mplayer on a iMac 20" so I need the 16:10 ratio to make it fullscreen, but when I try to custom it I can't get it to work, solution?

Thanks,
Hardan.
Old 2008-12-30, 18:42   Link #110
anime_layer
*Graphic Designer

@Kaonashi
There have been talks in the mailing list about linked chapters but it's not trivial to implement them cleanly. There doesn't currently seems to be anyone to push it and so there's no telling when it will be implemented.

@Hardan
I guess the problem is you're trying to enter "16:10" in the custom field?
I've been meaning to get around to it but currently that field only supports input as decimal numbers. So for a 16:10 aspect ratio, you'll have to enter "1.6".
Old 2008-12-31, 08:20   Link #111
Hardan
the Hamperor.

Send a message via MSN to Hardan
Quote:
@Hardan
I guess the problem is you're trying to enter "16:10" in the custom field?
I've been meaning to get around to it but currently that field only supports input as decimal numbers. So for a 16:10 aspect ratio, you'll have to enter "1.6".
Hmm, after I apply the setting, the value goes to 1. If I write 2.2 it goes to 2, 3.4 to 3 and on.

Thanks,
Hardan.
Old 2009-01-02, 10:25   Link #112
anime_layer
*Graphic Designer

I've just pushed test3 of rev8 to the Sparkle appcast. This should be the last prerelease for rev8. If there aren't any regressions, I will release this as rev8 in a couple of days.
  • Fullscreen Controls
    The mouse will now only hide over the fullscreen window and fullscreen controls no longer disappear when the mouse is over them.
  • Custom Aspect Ratio
    The custom aspect ratio field in preferences now supports input as fraction. e.g. "4:3" or "1.66:1"
  • OSDLevel option now active
    The OSDLevel option now doesn't get instantly overwritten and should work as expected.
  • Memory leak code sweep #1
    I went over the code and tried to find memory leaks and to make sure all objects are properly deallocated.
  • MPlayer r28234 build from 02. January 2009

On a side note: I added a couple of shell scripts to the SVN to automate building of MPlayer. The build script requires an Intel machine and is made for my build environment. So it might need some work if you want to use it in another setup.
I'll look into pushing MPlayer binaries separate of the GUI updates but haven't really decided what would be the best way for that (i.e. manual binary loading or Sparkle updates).
Old 2009-01-04, 10:22   Link #113
D4RK-PH0ENiX
Mad Karaoker
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to D4RK-PH0ENiX Send a message via MSN to D4RK-PH0ENiX Send a message via Yahoo to D4RK-PH0ENiX
( Kovensky ) New MPlayer build up (28245-16420 - with ordered chapters): http://kovensky.project357.com/#releases

I hope for a Mac build :3
Featured in: sola [Lunar], Mai Otome Zwei OVA (EP 2 and 3) [Static-Subs], Kiddy Grade 2 Promo [Ayu], Darker than Black [anime-keep], Tokimeki Memorial (ED2) [C1anime], Polyphonica [yesy], Basilisk (OP1-ED1) [moo-shi], Hayate no Gotoku [SS-Eclipse], Claymore [Eclipse], Shana 2 promo [Eclipse], Manabi Straight [gg-Eclipse], Shining Tears [Conclave], Nanoha StrikerS [yesy], Venus Versus Virus [GNU], Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru (EP11 insert) [GNU], Tokyo Majin [Static-Subs], Kyoshiro [Static-Subs], Kanon 2006 (EP23, EP24 inserts) [SS-Eclipse], Beet Exellion [dp], Super Robot Wars (OP2,ED2) [dp], Hidamari Sketch [gg], Umisho (ED) [Yoroshiku], School Days [Conclave] and more to come...

Also in a bunch of unreleased stuff
Old 2009-01-05, 04:01   Link #114
Takeru
Jag äter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Takeru
I'm having pause issues in rev8-test3 (803) on 10.5.6.
When unpausing a video via the spacebar, it will play approximately 3 - 5 frames with sound and repause itself. I have to hit the spacebar, on average, 5 or 6 times to get it to return to playback.

Spoiler for system:

Spoiler for console:

Let me know if you need any more information.

I also just wanted to say that the default position of the controller in fullscreen feels a bit unorthodox to me, personally.
Old 2009-01-05, 12:17   Link #115
anime_layer
*Graphic Designer

@D4RK-PH0ENiX
That patch hasn't made it into SVN yet. There are still some concerns about the implementation raised in the ffmpeg mailing list that have to be addressed first.
I'm not sure if I should start to apply unofficial patches. Ideally, I would follow the SVN as close as possible.

@Takeru
I'm looking into the pausing problem right now. It has to do with the osdlevel changes I made. I'll release a test4 soon to see if the problem is fixed.
Old 2009-01-06, 00:06   Link #116
sk3

And now a stupid question... how do i get to "see" or "use" the fullscreen controls? i never seen that on my system (using latest atm)
Old 2009-01-06, 02:08   Link #117
sk3

Btw, i forgot to tell, anime_slayer i don't think i have the problem i talked, about having mplayer os x to slow my system with the recent update. Looks like your Memory leak code sweep #1 worked very well!

In fact, i watched 4 files in a row and the memory consumption of mplayer os x + mplayer didn't passed 80MB which is a very good result compared to what i have. Also my Dock won't slow as it would.

Other than the bug Takeru said, it's a "perfect" build

Another thing to note, i've been using more the apple remote to mplayer since you updated it's support, and i don't think i can reproduce the same "bug" when trying to pause it from the remote as when i hit space bar.
Old 2009-01-06, 17:53   Link #118
anime_layer
*Graphic Designer

Usually you suspect that bugs are your fault (because they in most cases are). But then you actually hit other bugs and then it always takes time to figure that out.

I suspected the pausing got buggy because I just cleaned up the command-sending code. It made sense that there was something I overlooked. Only after some debugging I found that the root of the cause was with mplayer. The funny thing is: Out of chance, MPlayer OSX circumvented the bug and it only showed after I cleaned up the code.

In the GUI, keys are being passed to mplayer using the key_down_event command. So when you hit space, "key_down_event 32" gets sent to mplayer and it then figures out that space is mapped to pause/play. But key_down_event could be used to pause the video but not to unpause it. Trying to do so would only shortly get back to playing but then quickly re-pause the playback.

It worked in MPlayer OSX because the short time mplayer would return to play would trigger additional commands in the GUI that then would unpause playback after it re-paused itself. There was an actual audio stutter because of that if you unpaused with the space bar instead of e.g. the play button.

Anyway, test4 (now in the Sparkle appcast) fixes that and pausing/unpausing should work again if there are no additional bugs.

@sk3
The fullscreen controls should appear when you move your mouse in the fullscreen video window.
Old 2009-01-06, 19:40   Link #119
sk3

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime_layer View Post
@sk3
The fullscreen controls should appear when you move your mouse in the fullscreen video window.
And for the surprise i found out that fullscreen controls only work if you have Video Output set as Integrated into player window (CoreVideo). With any of the other options it won't appear. Isn't it supposed to work with either options? I always use As separate window (CoreVideo).

Anyway, fullscreen controls look fantastic and are very useful

Last edited by sk3; 2009-01-06 at 19:42. Reason: more info
Old 2009-01-07, 04:19   Link #120
anime_layer
*Graphic Designer

@sk3
Only with the internal video output does the GUI actually handle the output and can do anything useful with it. The other outputs are created by mplayer itself and the GUI is more like a remote.
There are already some features that only work with the internal video output and I guess that there will be more.

Tags
wiki candidate