AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-08-19, 06:21   Link #381
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsdhaleine
i like zashiki x watanuki too very cute, hope he'll forget about himawari and turn his attention to zashiki soon!
Definitely. Zashiki-Warashi is so cute and sweet. When I first read the manga I just wanted to smack Watanuki upside the head and say "Idiot take notice!" lol.

Even without all the ominous stuff said about Himawari (or hinted at rather) by Yuuko or Ame-Warashi... Himawari just comes off as disinterested for lack of a better term. Knowing what Yuuko and Ame-Warashi hint at if there is some malevalence there then it's like she's just toying with them all. I almost wish we'd just get the reveal on what she's up to so Watanuki can just put her to the side.

Definitely have no problem. Work Zashiki-Warashi into every episode...
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 13:26   Link #382
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Talking randomly back in the thread

I just happened to watch ep.18, aired on TV a moment ago.
It was better than expected. The procession scene was on the whole quite funningly creepy.

And I don't know if someone mentioned it, but I've been surprised by the catchiness of the "new" (?? please confirm) ED.

edit: now don't mind what I said... I was sure I saw ep.18 but it looks like it was ep.19... mmm... who cares...

Last edited by raphaël; 2006-08-21 at 01:45.
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 13:32   Link #383
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
They could have changed it so it leaves us to find out what Himawari really is in the manga..

I'd say this is so big deal at all.
Considering that the first season will end without touching on himwari at all. You would be correct. But if ther eis 2nd season and that is very likely with clamp material. It will be a hugh glaring error then when they finally reveal what Himwari is.
Old 2006-08-20, 03:38   Link #384
SailorYue
IT IS CANON!!

ep 19 was really funny. again i apluad IG on how they diferentiate from the manga, and yet keep true to it. ^_^

Spoiler:
SailorYue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 12:26   Link #385
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Ep. 19 was really funny. Zashiki Warashi was there! She's getting less shy.

Spoiler:

So what's happening on TV that the next ep. is scheduled for 8/31?

No announcements yet about another season?
Old 2006-08-20, 18:15   Link #386
GordonJ

They didn't, ignore me
GordonJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 19:06   Link #387
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode 19 was one hell of a classic watch, and has to be the funniest episode of Holic to date, its just a shame its not around christmas time. ^^;;

For starters, all the references were spot on - good to see that Domeki knows his stuff. Yet again the Zashiki Warashi stole the episode for me, just her standing there in her very cute outfit did it for me, though it is a shame we didn't get that much connection from her & Watanuki this time, ah well.. there's always the spider story that shall happen soon.

Next episode seems to be good old Holic again, though shame it airs in two weeks. ;_;

& also, for the people that didn't believe in this series being 32 episodes long, ANN have now posted up how many episodes are going to be in this series.. and guess what, i was right.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=6052
Old 2006-08-20, 19:37   Link #388
eggplant
Eggplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
& also, for the people that didn't believe in this series being 32 episodes long, ANN have now posted up how many episodes are going to be in this series.. and guess what, i was right.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=6052
I don't know where ANN gets their sources from, but 009-1, the TBS successor to xxxHOLiC will air from October 5, making xxxHOLiC 24 episodes at longest.
In fact, I suspect TBS and bs-i will not air the final two episodes, although the satellite Kids Station will probably do so.

BTW, at the TBS Anime Festa, episode 20 was shown, which was a nice treat.

Ouhara Sayaka (Yuuko), Fukuyama Jun (Watanuki), Nakai Kazuya (Doumeki), and Itou Shizuka (Himawari) made an appearance, doing a brief live voice-acting performance with their roles interchanged, in front of the audience

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 19:44   Link #389
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The source has been appearing around the internet, so anyone could have easily posted it into ANN.. i'm still a lil' confused on the whole matter.

Anyway, hopefully we'll get some cast-talk fun with the DVD's.
Old 2006-08-21, 06:46   Link #390
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Oh YES!!!!

Next episode is going to be the short story about "the photo"!

It's my favourite short story of xxxHolic, but I thought they weren't going to animate that. Maybe it's because it's not a plot revolving around Watanuki (who I don't dislike, but find uninteresting as a protagonist), but is instead focused on Yoko and her client?

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2006-08-28 at 01:21.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 13:52   Link #391
Lancaster
QED

I started watching xxxHOLiC a couple of months ago having absolutely no familiarity with CLAMP or their works. I saw a small screenshot on 4chan and was sufficiently intrigued by the art style to check it out, despite my friend's dismissal ("Eh, I've never liked their character designs," he said). I'm definitely glad that I did. It's proven to be one of the most spiritual animes I've ever seen, in a figurative as well as literal sense, with a depth and complexity that really surprised me. Among the five series that I'm currently following, I'd say it's the best.

Yesterday I read the manga up through volume 8. I kind of didn't want to spoil some of the upcoming stories, but there was no way I could not read it. I can't freaking wait for the spider arc to be animated.

Since I never saw TRC or CCS, I've had to wade through Wikipedia and other sources to get caught up on some of the background. I may get around to viewing/reading them someday, but their premises just haven't captured me the way xxxHOLiC has.
Lancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-28, 00:10   Link #392
SailorYue
IT IS CANON!!

according to chibiyuuto, eps 23 and 24, which orifginaly were going to be "dvd only" eps will air on TBS after ep 22 ^_^

i really hope holic gets renewed. 24 is too short for an anime theres so much more manga they can animate!
Old 2006-09-04, 08:18   Link #393
netddos

Thinking of buying a manga for this..

I watched upto ep 19...

Which volume do I pick up so I can follow what happened afterwards?

Does manga even follow the plot of anime?
netddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 10:42   Link #394
mistress

i watched the 20th episode today

it had a really nice theme and the plot was rather interesting

that's why xxxholic is one of my fav animes
mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 18:28   Link #395
SailorYue
IT IS CANON!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by netddos
Thinking of buying a manga for this..

I watched upto ep 19...

Which volume do I pick up so I can follow what happened afterwards?

Does manga even follow the plot of anime?
since the arcs in the manga are standalone plots, the anime shuffles things around. you should start to read from this point vol 7.
Old 2006-09-04, 20:14   Link #396
netddos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorYue
since the arcs in the manga are standalone plots, the anime shuffles things around. you should start to read from this point vol 7.
thanks...i guess i'll go out and buy vol 7..

i just watched ep 20 too...omg.

for me it was one of the scariest holic eps i've seen..

Spoiler:

god holic is just getting better and better..

i seriously hope they air upto ep 34 like they originally planned to...
netddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 02:05   Link #397
DrewGSR

I really like episode 20, it was so totally dark and gloomy it was awsome. One of the better eps imo.
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 03:57   Link #398
SailorYue
IT IS CANON!!

indeed. but one thing about the next ep...21....

their going to make an entire episode on that one tiny chapter about when watenuki cliops his nails? O_o pretty big strech.
Old 2006-09-05, 14:21   Link #399
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Ep. 20 was the best dark ep so far imo.

So does anyone know the ratings for this in Japan? Is it doing okay?
Old 2006-09-05, 16:57   Link #400
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode 20 told the photo story from volume 07, and it pretty much gave of a much more darker feeling then in the manga - of course with the subject of death being involved and all, and the music helped out a hell of a lot.

Still, its good to see after a week of no Holic, that the dark feelings from the show can still be shown, and keep in the comedy that we all love from CLAMP. Though.. i've gotta say, the evil smile on the womans face in the last few seconds of the photo really is a scary one..

Even from reading it in the manga - not being able to appear infront of a photo/camera etc really is damn right insane. We all know about the burdens that would come from killing someone.. and its crazy just thinking about in how many forms they can come about.

Tags
fantasy, seinen