AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-06-12, 14:51   Link #3421
sayde

I wonder if the real Zangetsu will look like someone we already know! Maybe even Aizen perhaps?
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 15:10   Link #3422
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I wonder if the real Zangetsu will look like someone we already know! Maybe even Aizen perhaps?
Maybe Aizen... is Zangetsu! He is so powerful he became his own person.

I wonder if this is like the anime fillers were zanpakutos are based on the shinigami's personality.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 16:33   Link #3423
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

How overpowered is Ichigo going to be? He was mid-captain class before using only a fraction of his true powers. He won't even need bankai to rape the quincies.
Old 2013-06-12, 16:35   Link #3424
Alchemist007
*Author

It was an alright chapter. Though having the disembodied spirit power of the main enemy aid him feels a bit odd. It also means Ichigo went supremely far with a fraction of his true power. Only vs Ulq's final form and the last minutes of his fight with Byakuya did his hollow need to intervene (not counting Vizard form).
Old 2013-06-12, 16:50   Link #3425
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
And the complaints are already rolling in. There's just no satisfying anyone anymore.

Kubo may as well just release a chapter consisting of a single blank white panel that says. "Stuff happened to Ichigo. The End."
or he could try a good story that makes sense. just an idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmeister View Post
So super special awesome combination form Ichigo (vs. Aizen) was with "Zangetsu" trying to restrain his powers? This series may be finishing sooner than we thought...
"ichigo, remember when you were stronger than all the captains and aizen's highest evolution? that was only 1.3% of your true power. i was holding you back. you actually have the power of 1,000 suns. enjoy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
ahahah! "I'm your real zanpakutou... aizen *cough* oh wait i mean zanget.. no can't use that name again. ugh what's a good name to make up? .. umm would you believe rukia?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
It was an alright chapter. Though having the disembodied spirit power of the main enemy aid him feels a bit odd.
i would say nonsensical, but who's counting? also if he wanted to help, then why cant he just stay and help? surely he knows a lot about ichigo's quincy powers... why am i even bothering to make sense of this story?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 16:55   Link #3426
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Everyone go home. Ichigo's got this with his new Super Super Big Formerly Quincified Now Pure Bankai!

So now everyone can be fodder and serve as distractions while Ichigo powers up.
Old 2013-06-12, 17:49   Link #3427
blackwhite67
Banned

I always wondered what was under Zangetsu's (Juha Bach's) cloak.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 18:14   Link #3428
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
or he could try a good story that makes sense. just an idea...
You're naive if you think that will stop the complaining. Especially since the definition of a "good story" is going to vary between different people.
The Green One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 18:42   Link #3429
PaulieXP

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
I always wondered what was under Zangetsu's (Juha Bach's) cloak.

Yeah about young Bach's appearance, I'm no history major but I'm pretty sure people weren't wearing army boots and sunglasses 1000 years ago. Heh, Juha was a trendsetter back in the day I guess
PaulieXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 18:52   Link #3430
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
You're naive if you think that will stop the complaining. Especially since the definition of a "good story" is going to vary between different people.
you're the naive one. ever read the one piece forum? people hardly ever complain since the story is so solid
Old 2013-06-12, 19:04   Link #3431
GDB

Quote:
you're the naive one. ever read the one piece forum? people hardly ever complain since the story is so solid
While I don't read One Piece, pretty much this. There will always be complainers, but if the story is solid they'll be drowned out by praisers.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 19:13   Link #3432
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Maybe if Kubo takes writing lessons from Oda, less people wouldn't be complaining!
Old 2013-06-12, 19:24   Link #3433
GDB

Problem is, he can write well. Just look at the beginning through SS arc. It's more like he's just short-sighted, and doesn't want to be hassled with past events. Similar to American comic writers, really. But they also have to work with like 60 years of stories written by other people, not 10 years written by yourself.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 19:43   Link #3434
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Problem is, he can write well. Just look at the beginning through SS arc. It's more like he's just short-sighted, and doesn't want to be hassled with past events. Similar to American comic writers, really. But they also have to work with like 60 years of stories written by other people, not 10 years written by yourself.
I loved the SS arc. Still do to this day. I even liked some of the HM arc, especially the teamwork of the nakama.

I hate beating a dead horse, but Kubo just gave the fuck up after all of that business with Aizen in the end.

Does Kubo have assistants? He really should keep track of things because this arc is seriously full of retconning left and right.
Old 2013-06-12, 20:03   Link #3435
Langus
Optimus Prime

So I'm curious about something...

If old man zangetsu was really a piece of Juha Bach, then who exactly is tensa (young) zangetsu? Still a piece of Juha Bach's soul? The REAL zangetsu? The Spirit King?

This week's chapter was weak. I know zangetsu hasn't been around in a while, but damn he's been there since the early days. If he's going to straight up evaporate like Ulquiorra did, he should've gotten a bit more screen time. Saying "I wanted to kill you at first, but then I thought 'hmmm, maybe not' so here's a power up before I peace out" just doesn't cut it.
Old 2013-06-12, 20:07   Link #3436
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Juha Bach officially Tsundere for Ichigo was the main point of this.
Old 2013-06-12, 21:18   Link #3437
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Juha Bach officially Tsundere for Ichigo was the main point of this.
seriously... i already regret delving into it this deeply, but his motivation makes so little sense, i can't help it. he said that if ichigo became a shinigami he'd have to kill him, yet everything zangetsu did prior to this arc was either helping ichigo be a shinigami or helping the other shinigami by powering ichigo up for their cause. the only conflict zangetsu ever had was strictly personal about ichigo's recognition of him first as an entity with a name and then as him himself. it's true that that was tensa zangetsu, but like Langus asked, what or who the hell is tensa zangetsu? if he's not bach, then where was bach at that time? and if it is a combo of bach and ichigo then he lied again at that time. unless a character lies for a reason specific to that story arc, it's ultra lame to say they lied about something (like their identity of all things) just to retcon some stupid side story with the final villain... i would actually give kubo credit for giving a reason as to why zangetsu looked like that, seeing as how hichigo looks like ichigo and that's really zangetsu. BUT none of the other shinigami have zanpakutou that look like them... they all look like new characters. so are those all quincy as well? i doubt it, but it eliminates the bach reveal explaining zangetsu's appearance. and since it's a retcon, zangetsu's appearance could have been explained to be anything... ok done it's too stupid lol
Old 2013-06-13, 00:26   Link #3438
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Soooo.... Who was that old man Zangetsu/Juha? Why was he there?
Way I see it, old man Zangetsu is, like he said, the embodiment of Ichigo's latent Quincy powers. You can compare it to Shinigami having their Zanpakuto be the inner representation of their Shinigami abilities, or Hichigo being the inner representation of the Hollow power in Ichigo (presumably other Visoreds have something similar). Only I imagine it's a little more homogeneous for Quincy, since they have a single progenitor. That means Uryuu, Ryuuken, Souken, and every other Quincy (with the exception of Bach, presumably) probably also have a little "mini-Bach" somewhere inside them. That actually makes him being able to steal Masaki's and Katagiri's Quincy powers a little more logical. Maybe we'll see him repeat that ability as a last hurrah before Ichigo finally curbstomps him (depowering every last Quincy in a vain attempt to gain enough power).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Hm, so "old man" is gone. Doesn't this also mean, that Ichigo's Quincy powers are gone as well?
Not that he really used it much, but at least they helped him escape the prison and avoid his head getting cut of.
I doubt we've seen the last of old man Zangetsu. He only said he was handing over power to Ichigo, and was still able to speak to him after he disappeared. He'll probably show up when needed, like Hichigo has to this point.

But yeah, Tensa Zangetsu... Kubo, you got some 'splainin' to do...

And as if Ichigo wasn't already overpowered enough... Jeez...

Quote:
BUT none of the other shinigami have zanpakutou that look like them...
Pretty sure the only* Zanpakuto we've canonically seen so far was Zabimaru. All the rest were anime filler. Not to say you might not to turn out to have been right, but "insufficient data" and all that.

*I was going to put "only other", but it occurred to me that we probably haven't seen Ichigo's "true" Zanpakuto (it shouldn't exactly be Hichigo, per se), so Zabimaru may actually be the only Zanpakuto we've seen in the manga, period.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2013-06-13 at 00:37.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 01:45   Link #3439
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
*I was going to put "only other", but it occurred to me that we probably haven't seen Ichigo's "true" Zanpakuto (it shouldn't exactly be Hichigo, per se), so Zabimaru may actually be the only Zanpakuto we've seen in the manga, period.
well zabimaru is enough to disprove the notion that zanpakutous should look like their shinigimis. but i was under the impression that kubo designed all those zanpakutous himself. i know they're filler, but they are still legitimized by kubo. even if they are not, zabimaru is enough to disprove it so as far as my point goes, it makes no difference
Old 2013-06-13, 14:16   Link #3440
sayde

Even though we haven't seen all of the other zanpakuto spirits within the manga, I do believe that at least some of the genders of their spirits have been confirmed. For instance wasn't both Shunsui's and Urahara's spirits confirmed to be females? (thus confirming that zanpakuto spirits don't necessarily look like their owners)
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter