Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-04-21, 14:47   Link #81
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
perhaps,but when you see him doing "edge catching"(parring a sword bare-handed)with just two finger-and no any sword but the legendary durendal,no less!-you understand why shirayuki call him "kin-chan-sama".
I don't really care. It's just a random superhuman feat. Might as well be impressed by the way bullets bounce off superman's chest. Or, heck, the supposedly human Batman swinging from building to building. He's still been an ass to both girls for most of book.

Quote:
kinji is no the usual harem lead who began weak-train a few week=become strong but instead(thank to that genial idea:hysteria mode) can be both lame,average or exceptional and heroic the same day-and will remain so all the while.
Wich is what make him awesome to me
So he's got a hidden personality which can kick ass. It's not that original.

---

Started vol 3. Every time he thinks "as expected of the descendant of Lupin", I want to yell "screw Lupin. She takes after her mother Mine Fujiko (maybe?), that's what you have to look out for!".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 15:02   Link #82
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Now you're just getting biased over personality traits as opposed to bloodline traits Oo

I might add that you're only mentioning what you see as Kinji's negative traits, although he has a reason to hate all women. You're entirely entitled to your own opinion of course, I wouldn't dream of trying to dissuade you : )

Also, Kinji knows about Lupin as opposed to not knowing about Riko's mother, and comparison always starts with a basis...
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 15:27   Link #83
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari View Post
Now you're just getting biased over personality traits as opposed to bloodline traits Oo
Damn right. Bloodline traits are nice and all, but they're not what make me like or dislike characters. It's all about the personality.

Quote:
I might add that you're only mentioning what you see as Kinji's negative traits, although he has a reason to hate all women. You're entirely entitled to your own opinion of course, I wouldn't dream of trying to dissuade you : )
It's not like he even hates Shirayuki or, I suppose, Aria (though there I wouldn't blame him if he did...).

Oh, well. At least he did well at the end. (I don't mean his fight. I mean his decision to fight.)
Quote:
Also, Kinji knows about Lupin as opposed to not knowing about Riko's mother, and comparison always starts with a basis...
I know. That's why I want to warn him. Forget about the Gentleman Thief. Riko is much, much worse...
Old 2011-04-21, 16:01   Link #84
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Well, I hold large amounts of bias for this series as well, given that I dedicate massive amounts of time and effort ino it.

That said, maybe I'm translating it badly, but I've always liked Kinji's character, except maybe in parts of Volume 2.
As for his hate for girls...well, it would be incorrect to say he hates them, but he would rather not stay close to them. At least, in the beginning of the novels.
But yes, I actually like the characters in HnA quite a lot, regardless of how most viewers say they are cliche.
Old 2011-04-21, 16:08   Link #85
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, yeah. I don't dislike Kinji, and I was indeed talking about volume 2. He really made me rage at times.
Old 2011-04-21, 16:20   Link #86
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

His character grows.

AS IT SHOULD
Old 2011-04-21, 18:48   Link #87
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

isn't all harem protagonist like this? This series will die if Kinji really became a gigolo or a dedicated love only one girl.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 19:02   Link #88
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Even so, I thought he should have put in more of an effort to keep his promises, not lie, and not let misunderstandings fester. And not be so frickin dismissive of the Shirayuki's feelings. (But I may be partial, there. Then again, I hold that tsunderes deserve to have their feelings ignored or misunderstood.)
Old 2011-04-21, 19:19   Link #89
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Well, I don't know what to say about Shirayuki. She's so dedicated to Kinji but he doesn't care. It seems like the trauma from being used by girls during middle school is stronger than the bond between he and his childhood friend.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 19:34   Link #90
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Well, I don't know what to say about Shirayuki. She's so dedicated to Kinji but he doesn't care. It seems like the trauma from being used by girls during middle school is stronger than the bond between he and his childhood friend.
In Shirayuki's case he doesn't attribute it to romantic feelings though. At least what I got from the second volume was that he thinks it's more because he was her only friend as a child and that he protected her and stuff. He is pretty dense when it comes to her.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 21:03   Link #91
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Damn right. Bloodline traits are nice and all, but they're not what make me like or dislike characters. It's all about the personality.

It's not like he even hates Shirayuki or, I suppose, Aria (though there I wouldn't blame him if he did...).

Oh, well. At least he did well at the end. (I don't mean his fight. I mean his decision to fight.)

I know. That's why I want to warn him. Forget about the Gentleman Thief. Riko is much, much worse...
Oh Riko supersedes her ancestor alright....her story is good though. I think maybe the best of all the girls' so far.
Old 2011-04-21, 23:17   Link #92
tsunade666

I think I kinda understand why Anh_Minh hates Kinji. From what he said he reads volume 2 and starting volume 3.

Volume 2 Kinji is an Ass*HOLE MOR*N which doesn't even trust Aria and ignore the warning of a MASTER! Heck the master already ordered Durandal was after Shirayuki but he keeps think he doesn't exist. The moron needs to die. And he even fight with Aria. It really boils on my head.

And Hikira you did a good translation which makes the emotion more lively it's not your fault it's kinji's!!!!

But at least in the near end of the volume HE FINALLY DECIDES TO FIGHT! And even use the most hated ability of his family. In vol 1 his desperate but in vol 2 he chose it himself.

Riko's story so far is the best though I haven't read fully Aria's story but Riko's story is so touching.
Old 2011-04-21, 23:34   Link #93
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I think I kinda understand why Anh_Minh hates Kinji. From what he said he reads volume 2 and starting volume 3.

Volume 2 Kinji is an Ass*HOLE MOR*N which doesn't even trust Aria and ignore the warning of a MASTER! Heck the master already ordered Durandal was after Shirayuki but he keeps think he doesn't exist. The moron needs to die. And he even fight with Aria. It really boils on my head.

And Hikira you did a good translation which makes the emotion more lively it's not your fault it's kinji's!!!!

But at least in the near end of the volume HE FINALLY DECIDES TO FIGHT! And even use the most hated ability of his family. In vol 1 his desperate but in vol 2 he chose it himself.

Riko's story so far is the best though I haven't read fully Aria's story but Riko's story is so touching.
Yar...Riko, despite being the only main girl with any confirmed kills (AFAIK) is the one I sympathize with the most.

Vol 2....he should have realized something serious was afoot when even REKI takes up the protection mission
Old 2011-04-21, 23:49   Link #94
tsunade666

before even that. The masters already warning Shirayuki. Just from that point it should be clear. Those master wouldn't care if you die but in this matter. The masters actually care and do percussion and ask for bodyguard. What irritates me more is he didn't believe his PARTNER! and even left Shirayuki alone in the middle of the beach park. His a body for pits sake. But first and foremost to even think the enemy doesn't exist.......... man Kinji really irritates me on vol 2.
Old 2011-04-22, 00:01   Link #95
Nera Sleith
我らがツインテールに、勝る萌え無し!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Yar...Riko, despite being the only main girl with any confirmed kills (AFAIK) is the one I sympathize with the most.
Oh no. Riko haven't killed anyone at all. The "Butei Killer" is a misleading stigma branded by the government to Riko. Instead, what she's doing was more like a "Butei Kidnapper". She's recruiting members for EU just like how Jeanne kidnaps Shirayuki in volume 2. This isn't surprising since Riko is the most ambitious one and wanted to become stronger more than anyone else in EU, so she'll recruit any powerful people as much as possible.

Remember the line that Aria said in v3c2? If the government learned the involvement of someone in EU, they will be treated the same as dead. So in short, Riko had managed to recruit some people via "abduction", which in turn the government made it looked like the people she abducted dead because they involved themselves in EU (branding Riko as "Butei Killer"). This also kept the government's reputation because they didn't want the public to know of Buteis joining a criminal organization.

I also think that why the government made Kinji's brother as a scapegoat is because it is one way of countering the possibility of the traitor Butei going back to society. They kinda forced them into hiding since there will be no good life waiting for them if they go back and thus it kept the fact that they were still alive concealed.

Kana didn't come back to society after EU arc and went into hiding somewhere with Patra.
I believe Cao Cao said something similar to Kinji in v7 regarding this matter while they were trapped in the train.

Last edited by Nera Sleith; 2011-05-08 at 23:22.
Nera Sleith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 01:58   Link #96
ZeKeR
Superbad

well its safe to assume that Kinji mans up in V3 and is no longer the wimp wussy that he was in v2 (god i am disappoint in him there too)... and Riko has been struck by the smooth criminal...

the near-death Hysteria mode is like Call of Duty's Last Stand perk, only in the Tohyama case, they can still move and its like they are shot with adrenaline for moments.

if there be a VN made... i'll expect the ff:

aria x kinji - kinji fully commits himself to become Aria's partner and BF

riko x kinji - her past comes back to haunt her and he becomes the new assistant and her BF

shirayuki x kinji - go back to hotogi, get married, come back to school to finish studies, return again to have kids

reki x kinji - uh.... he becomes her hubby (dunno anything moar than that)
Old 2011-04-22, 03:45   Link #97
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I think I kinda understand why Anh_Minh hates Kinji.
I don't hate him. But yeah, the first parts of volume 2 really made me angry at him.
Old 2011-04-22, 04:02   Link #98
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't hate him. But yeah, the first parts of volume 2 really made me angry at him.
I'm thinking that he gets better after that. Or I'm wrong.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 04:25   Link #99
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

The good thing is, he doesn't just have power level rising.

His character grows as well.
Old 2011-04-22, 05:16   Link #100
endarion88

can i ask some question about vol 6 by linking images from B-T or is against the forum rule?
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen