AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 25 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 24 47.06%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 13.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.84%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.96%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.96%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-03-27, 09:20   Link #61
deadite

Callback to OP1 in the last scene.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 09:25   Link #62
Irenesharda

Oh my gosh, this series, this series. It has shot up to being probably one of my favorite Gundam series of all time.

This ending was great. At first I was scared that Orga was going to do something stupid when he said he "was going to end this". But when he went out there after having finally, finally completing the mission and told everyone to live and not die now that they had won, and for them to be survive. I just cheered.

Gaelio and McGillis have the bittersweet story of the episode as McGillis explains his plan to push Tekkadan and Kudelia to the forefront as heroes against the monster that is Ein that Gjallerhorn created, which would disgrace his father and leave him in charge. But that's only after he got rid of Carta and Gaelio. And unfortunately Gaelio is just realizing the betrayal and it hits him to the core how cold-blooded McGillis can be. I'm not sure if he's dead since we didn't see a body, but I wouldn't doubt it since his family seem to acknowledge his death.

McGillis is a case of a person who want to do the right thing but will do it by any means necessary, even if involves betrayal and murder. He's a "the ends justify the means" sort of guy. But at least he acknowledges that Gaelio was his only friend.

Mika was having a hard time with Ein, but when he mentioned that he was going to take out Kudelia and all his comrades, Mika put everything into overdrive. He gave it all he got and finally took out the insanity of Ein all together. I'm not sure if he's dead, but we'll see.

Thankfully it seems everyone of importance made it out okay. Shino, Lafter, and even Azee are all okay. Ride is back together. Everyone is ready to return home.
Kudelia makes an awesome speech, and she has decided to stay on Earth as her job has just begun. We get a cute Mika/Atra moment when he tell her how her bracelet saved his other arm. It's sad that he lost the use of his right arm and eye, but he doesn't seem to care much, as long as he's still useful using the AV system.

Orga gets encouragement from Naze and he gives his men a rousing speech telling them how well they did. Merribit is beginning to understand that the kids are in this weird balance between soldier and child and that once the fighting is over, they go back to being children like before. It's almost like a switch they throw. Almost like real soldier who are able to go back and forth from military mode to civilian mode, the only difference being that these are kids.

The Orga/Mika bromance is alive and well, and for once, he decides to ask Mika "what do we do now?" and Mika doesn't hesitate to give an answer. It's time to go home.

And thus season 1 ends. Yes! WE ARE GETTING A SEASON 2 CONFIRMED! And it's arriving much sooner than I thought! I'm so excited to be seeing our boys so soon. This series has been amazing to me, and I love all these characters. I can't wait to see what is up for us coming this Fall!

This series for me gets a score of 9.5/10. The characters were great, the relationships were wonderful to see, and the series had some really good themes about war and child soldiers. It had some hiccup moments here and there and a few pacing issues, but that can be easily ironed out now that it has a new season. I enjoyed IBO from start to finish and I can't wait for the next chapter in their story.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 09:29   Link #63
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I loled when Mika pulled off the GLORIOUS NIPPON STEEL magic.

Kinda disappointing how neither Lafter, Azee nor Shino died. Their deaths would've added a lot of weight to the story but it feels like the writers chickened out. The fact that it happened three times in a row makes it harder to swallow. And it's difficult to feel Orga's grief when he's only grieving no name characters.

The finale also felt quite rushed. It seems that Makanai had the election in the bag so long as he was able to make it on time but did they ever explain why that is because I'm struggling to remember. I think the political situation in Arbau could've been fleshed out a bit more especially considering how crucial it is as a plot point.

Otherwise it was a good finale halfway checkpoint. Everything with the Tekkadan went about as much as I expected it to but watching McGillis screw over Gaeilio was entertaining as hell. For me that was the highlight of the episode.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 09:36   Link #64
Knight_SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I'm not sure if he's dead since we didn't see a body, but I wouldn't doubt it since his family seem to acknowledge his death.

Mika was having a hard time with Ein, but when he mentioned that he was going to take out Kudelia and all his comrades, Mika put everything into overdrive. He gave it all he got and finally took out the insanity of Ein all together. I'm not sure if he's dead, but we'll see.
i'm sure they are death
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 09:40   Link #65
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Principalities View Post

Why did McGillis reveal himself to Gaelio? It would have served his purpose to just eliminate him. Did he derive some sick pleasure at his only friend's anguish? That bastard....
Even McGillis says that Gaelio was his only friend. And despite his cold-blooded nature, he does have principles. He probably decided that Gaelio deserved to know everything right before he would have to sacrifice him for the greater good. McGillis is many things, but a coward is not one of them. If he's going to betray his best friend, he's going to do it face to face and let Gaelio rage at him. It's the least he can do.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-03-27, 09:43   Link #66
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Ein is pretty much gone by that point. The blade went *dead center* into the cockpit... and to top it off, Mikazuki was the one that delivered the blow.

And Mika has always been known to kill.
Old 2016-03-27, 09:51   Link #67
xeviouses

Lol, Just realized: Mika made a deal with a demon(Barbatos).

In exchange for the power to beat Ein it took away his right eye and arm.
xeviouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 09:57   Link #68
deadite

Creepy how Ein is expresionless while he is crazy as a mobile suit.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 10:47   Link #69
NeutralZero

Too bad we have to wait for fall for the continuation...
why can't we have a gundam series like they used to a 40-50 straight ones?
got to curse 00 for starting this...
that aside
Ein sure steps on a land mine there when he mention going after Kudelia and his group
too bad Mika's eyes and right arm is now useless or more or less Barbatos took the control of those parts nerve and made it as its own
the end reversal of Mika and Orga is nice
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 10:51   Link #70
BoyTitan

I want McGillis to die a slow death. Not only did he use Galli he curb stomped him completely. Mika had closer fights with him how did he get curb stomped that badly in a gundam. McGillis is using cheat codes.
Old 2016-03-27, 10:52   Link #71
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I loled when Mika pulled off the GLORIOUS NIPPON STEEL magic.

Kinda disappointing how neither Lafter, Azee nor Shino died. Their deaths would've added a lot of weight to the story but it feels like the writers chickened out. The fact that it happened three times in a row makes it harder to swallow. And it's difficult to feel Orga's grief when he's only grieving no name characters.
me that was the highlight of the episode.
Come on dude at least try not to be Ignorant what the hell was Biscuit ? he was the brains of Tekkadan and had a lot of character development ( more then shino now that I think about it) anyone here can tell you he is far from no name I better not hear something shallow reason like his just fat or I won't take you seriously as an individual.
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 10:55   Link #72
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

funny that everyone seems to forget Akihiro's own amazing feat, with him being all alone at that moment & had to fight an entire army all by himself, being literally outnumbered, please no jokes that his Gundam happens to have four arms,

at least Azee, Lafter, & Shino along with Ride manages to survive the ordeal instead of going the Kill em' All route,

also Mika got crippled is not a good sign for his future, losing his right eye & arm due to over synchronizing the A-V system like a worst version of Kamiki Sekai's nocebo effect,

please don't tell me McGillis is going to take the Gundam Kimaris as his own, unless Gaelio manages to survive the cockpit stabbing powered by revenge,

Ein as the final boss was fitting really, being a gigantic sized MS,

looking forward to the 2nd season, i am glad the Gundam TV series returned to the 50 episode format after G-Reco's too damn short numbers.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 11:10   Link #73
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
I want McGillis to die a slow death. Not only did he use Galli he curb stomped him completely. Mika had closer fights with him how did he get curb stomped that badly in a gundam. McGillis is using cheat codes.
Mika was always better than Gaelio, even from their first fight, and it's been shown that McGillis is AT LEAST on par with Mika. Also, he didn't have same distractions that Mika had with trying to protect the others while fighting. Also Gaelio was mentally and emotionally broken as well, so that would have affected his fighting skill.

As for McGillis getting what's coming to him. I can see him paying for what he's done in some way, but I don't know about death. Right now, McGillis is the only person leading Gjallerhorn, and he's determined to clean it up. If he dies, Gjallerhorn falls apart, or worse, falls back into the hands of people like his father, and then everything will be in a worse position than it was this season. So I think McGillis right now, is a necessary evil.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-03-27, 11:14   Link #74
larethian

I breathed a sigh of relief to see the Teiwaz girls survive, especially Lafta. I like her character alot.
Already expected that this will be a 50-episode series with a break and a turning point since 00 and AGE did the same. Glad of the confirmation (I mean I wasn't checking any news or speculations on it, so this might now be news at all). Looking forward to seeing McGillis destroyed.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 11:17   Link #75
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone45 View Post
Come on dude at least try not to be Ignorant what the hell was Biscuit ? he was the brains of Tekkadan and had a lot of character development ( more then shino now that I think about it) anyone here can tell you he is far from no name I better not hear something shallow reason like his just fat or I won't take you seriously as an individual.
That happened a few episodes ago. Whilst I'm sure Biscuit was on his mind (although there's nothing to indicate definitively that it was), Biscuits death was not a result of this particular battle where the story makes a point of Orga putting the kids in danger even further than usual, so Biscuit's death doesn't have as much thematic relevance here.

Oh and try to be a bit more civil here. We're both adults after all (at least I assume so).
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 11:20   Link #76
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
That happened a few episodes ago. Whilst I'm sure Biscuit was on his mind (although there's nothing to indicate definitively that it was), Biscuits death was not a result of this particular battle where the story makes a point of Orga putting the kids in danger even further than usual, so Biscuit's death doesn't have as much thematic relevance here.

Oh and try to be a bit more civil here. We're both adults after all (at least I assume so).
Sorry I'm to used to hearing ignorant thoughts when a see a decent human like you its rare for me , again sorry But yeah your right now that I think about a lot of no names did die
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 11:23   Link #77
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Man, I wasn't too happy that Lafter, Azee, and Shino lived. Talk about underwhelming. I was starting to feel some tension when they "died". Oh well. I won't even bother feeling sorry for Gaelio since I'm sure he's still alive, and will exact vengeance on McGillis, come next season.

So uh, guess I guess I give this one a 4 or something. At this point I'll just swear off any possible interest in characters and just look forward to new mobile su-errr....I mean Grazes...
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 12:19   Link #78
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I think that we will see a time skip for second season.

Also, Mika deserves a harem
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 12:22   Link #79
akumaten

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I think that we will see a time skip for second season.

Also, Mika deserves a harem
For his farm he wants to make, he needs some kids helping out.

Even though they are on Earth and they are praised on having better medical expertise, kinda sucks they didn't do more for Mika healing him.
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 14:05   Link #80
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Principalities View Post
Wasn't that a surgical cockpit stab? With McGillis' skills and his knowledge of the Kimaris that would not have been impossible. If not, I feel that superficial damage like that shouldn't have KO-ed Kimaris that easily.

Why did McGillis reveal himself to Gaelio? It would have served his purpose to just eliminate him. Did he derive some sick pleasure at his only friend's anguish? That bastard....
It's actually obvious. McGillis wasn't relishing his anguish, no. But he was using it against him. By inciting all that rage and despair in Gaelio, his mind would be clouded in his fight against McGillis, allowing McGillis to control the battle and kill him easily. It's a good enough precaution--keep in mind that Gaelio WAS using a Gundam Frame, and an exceptionally powerful one at that. Best not to take chances--the Grimgerde was a machine meant to support the Gundams, not fight against them.