AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-29, 07:49   Link #461
shemgwapo

just saw this anime yesterday and i really liked it. anybody knows where can i read the manga version?
shemgwapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 11:32   Link #462
Hakuoro917
Obsessed Anime Syndrome
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Hakuoro917
i just saw it yesterday also and I loved it
Hakuoro917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 12:52   Link #463
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuoro917 View Post
i just saw it yesterday also and I loved it
Welcome to the club.

Hanbun is in my eyes a kind of special series, i love. ^_^
Old 2009-04-07, 16:53   Link #464
Dark Mage

Doesb anyone know how the novel ended? Did it have the same ending as the anime?
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 17:43   Link #465
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This is one of the romance series I love and can never remember the name of unless I have my file folder open.

I believe that, like REC, the story carries on much farther in print... but I'm not sure since its been a few years....
Old 2009-04-07, 18:28   Link #466
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Story goes on for another volume. All it covers is life after the fact, and the usual high school shenanigans.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 15:33   Link #467
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

New live-action film version announced today. The adaptations just keep on coming.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 16:25   Link #468
Solafighter
Hige

I just rewatched this anime for the fourth time, last night.

Damn, its just so good~~

I realy want(need) the novels.

Last edited by Solafighter; 2009-05-04 at 16:35. Reason: typo...
Solafighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 02:25   Link #469
Somnus
Eh?

I just watched all 6 eps for the first time today and loved it. For such a short show it accomplishes so much more than what most do. I want to know about the after-the-fact stuff too, just like an OVA or something (*sigh* if only).
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-10, 21:51   Link #470
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I thought Hantsuki, REC, and Shinigami no Ballad proved that six-episode series could be successful. Well, maybe they were artistically successful but didn't make enough money.

In any case, they were all out in 2005-6 and there haven't been many since. Recently we have the rather irregularly released short OVA series Candy Boy and Eve no Jikan -- and both of them are excellent, too, especially Eve.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 04:41   Link #471
Solafighter
Hige

Its not anime, but next year, 2010, a live action movie will come out.

http://www.hantsuki-movie.com/
Old 2009-07-30, 10:57   Link #472
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I thought Hantsuki, REC, and Shinigami no Ballad proved that six-episode series could be successful. Well, maybe they were artistically successful but didn't make enough money.

In any case, they were all out in 2005-6 and there haven't been many since. Recently we have the rather irregularly released short OVA series Candy Boy and Eve no Jikan -- and both of them are excellent, too, especially Eve.
Agreed.... I really felt that it was a fantastic format and have been quite surprised we haven't seen many more 'short form' series. Hardly a wasted second in any of those examples.

I suppose it ended up being a cost issue as a single production no matter what length has a fixed minimum cost -- longer productions mean more product (DVDs) and more exposure for merchandise.
Old 2009-08-22, 05:29   Link #473
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

Volume 1 really does go much more in depth than the anime does...actually...I can't remember .

Yuuichi goes over to his friend Tsukasa's house alot during his time in the Hospital. (He lives close.) After all, staying in the hospital gets to be too boring with nothing to do. So he goes over to play games, and hang out. It also seems like Tsukasa is...a little strange. He's in the cooking club at school, and makes snacks that taste much better those made by the girls...he also seriously watches cooking shows for new tips...

Anyway, the novel talks about how they became friends, and I really thought it was quite deep. In the beginning, Tsukasa may have gotten love letters in his shoe locker from quite a few girls, (hey, he was good at cooking, and surrounded by all girls...O_o), but he didn't really have any friends.

There was a time when Yuuichi would walk to school, and pass by an abandoned kitten. It was really cute, and he liked to stroke its fur. Most people would feed it, so Yuuichi thought the cat would find a home soon. There was a consecutive break from school, and during that time it rained, so he didn't really go out a lot. When school started again, he noticed the cat wasn't in its usual spot, and so thought that someone must have finally taken it home, and he was happy. Then at school, he overhears two girls talking about the cat. It seems one of the girls grandparents had found the cat dead in the parking area for bicycles after the raining. She also said they didn't bury it, but threw it out with the burnable trash...>.< (This got Yuuichi a bit worked up) (In japan, everybody separates...*ahem* is supposed to separate their trash. Anyway, burnable trash is Monday and Thursday, usually).

Anyway, to get more on point, one evening during a heavy rain, Tsukasa came to Yuuichi's house asking him if he could take in this one cat. Yuuichi turned him down, after all, his mom wouldn't let him have one. But with the combination of noticing the class list in Tsukasa's shirt pocket, seeing him soaked with rain, and it being 10:00 at night, he started to change. After Tsukasa had apologized for disturbing him and left, Yuuichi runs out after him. It might not be much, but he was going to ask the other classmates together with Tsukasa. That was the start of their friendship.

I just wanted to share that...the novels are pretty deep and exciting. I'm at page 115 of Volume 1, and here's a quick synopsis:

Spoiler for Volume 1 (up to page 115) synopsis thingy:

Anyway, I think the light novels are awesome! I'm halfway through Volume 1 in practically a day...lol...

I'm just kind of wondering, is there much interest in a translation of these books? I mean, the anime pretty much covers everything, (except volume 6, and volume 7 & 8, while side stories, seem to happen AFTER volume 6, during the time Rika and Yuuichi are attending the same high school for real.)
seaghyn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 14:40   Link #474
HasuMasu
*Artist

just finished it today, late to the party i see

would like to see all the stuff that happened after though

shame it'll never be animated

baka-tsuki really should pick this up
Old 2011-08-26, 16:51   Link #475
Solafighter
Hige

Woa, its been a long while, i checked this theard.

I read stuff about the light novel. And arrrgh, i wish i could read it.
Old 2011-09-06, 07:08   Link #476
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Hah....My Iriya no Sora for this year...how similar and how sweet. The parallels between characters from both titles are really noticeable.

And Hantsuki also reminds me very much about Miki-chan and Kuze in Ef the Latter Tale.

Just like Iriya, Ef and Sola, I cried watching/reading this...

Currently going through vol 4 of the LN now....I wish more titles like these would show up more often...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post

baka-tsuki really should pick this up
Unfortunately, no one else seems really interested in doing it and with Itsuten and Iriya no Sora on my plate, I'm hardly going to solo this...
Old 2013-08-20, 11:27   Link #477
ellifeedn
Thinker

Looks like this series is coming to the U.S.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 05:46   Link #478
HasuMasu
*Artist

A dub sounds nice.

Tags
drama, romance, shounen