AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-12-12, 17:03   Link #7701
Pong

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for 347:
Pong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 17:12   Link #7702
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Spoiler for well...:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-12-12, 21:08   Link #7703
Lisemer

Quote:
Spoiler for well...:
Wow... You wrote that like if you didn't know Negima's characters' personalities...
First of all, Negi would never react ike you said, he is too apologetic to punish his own students for something like this.
And second, as TnAdc1 said, Nodoka would never do that.
Anyway, the fact Asuna showed now makes me think she will be overtaken too and in a few chapters, we'll see Negi with allies and foes rotating until he will face the girl he is thinking of, that probably will be Nodoka and a romantic-like atmosphere will appear until a new foe shows himself or an new adversity suddenly happen.
Or that I think.
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 02:21   Link #7704
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisemer View Post
Wow... You wrote that like if you didn't know Negima's characters' personalities...
First of all, Negi would never react ike you said, he is too apologetic to punish his own students for something like this.
And second, as TnAdc1 said, Nodoka would never do that.
Anyway, the fact Asuna showed now makes me think she will be overtaken too and in a few chapters, we'll see Negi with allies and foes rotating until he will face the girl he is thinking of, that probably will be Nodoka and a romantic-like atmosphere will appear until a new foe shows himself or an new adversity suddenly happen.
Or that I think.
Spoiler for ...:
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 12:03   Link #7705
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Spoiler for ...:
Haruna trying to push Yue and Nodoka is just typical Haruna. Yes, Paru's encouragement does result in Nodoka pushing forward in her romance with Negi, but given the kind of heart Nodoka has (and the knowledge that Negi is still just a child and that he doesn't have to make a choice until graduation), she and Yue are not the people that would try to force Negi onto them (which is one thing that makes the Negi/Nodoka pairing so great: it actually feels natural, especially once Nodoka confesses her love to Negi).

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
we can all remember what happened in the goodbye chao chapter... once she thrown out the chao family tree notebook... hell broke lose XD all to see which girl will be with negi...
Hey, I'm sure numerous people are curious in seeing what their future is like. Besides,
Spoiler:

Quote:
well nodoka did use the diary in past on negi without his agreement so she is not that pure... but with haruna and other girls forcing her to do it she might have no choice but to do it
In response to both time in which she did read Negi's mind:

1. The first time she read Negi's mind on purpose, it was because she was aware of him and Asuna being in trouble, with her using the book in an attempt to find Negi's location.

2. When it came to her learning about Negi's past, it's true that Evangeline pressured her to do so. However, this was information that Negi was going to tell to the rest of the girls anyways (with him planning on telling Asuna first since she was awake). Also, it possible that Evangeline may have used hypnotism to encourage Nodoka to do so (as she was obviously trying to avoid using it).

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by TnAdct1; 2011-12-13 at 12:25.
TnAdct1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 12:20   Link #7706
Pong

Spoiler for 347:
Old 2011-12-16, 11:42   Link #7707
Shadow5YA

Chapter is out.

Wait... "another one that Negi loves?" So there is someone other than Asuna?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 11:48   Link #7708
Motor Bug2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Chapter is out.

Wait... "another one that Negi loves?" So there is someone other than Asuna?
I would put this line down to bad translation as the group who scanlated this chapter appear to be new to the community.
Motor Bug2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 13:05   Link #7709
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

I'd recommend just learning Japanese and reading the raws

Anyhow, for Asuna, isn't she Negi's biological aunt (Negi's mother's younger sister)? At least, that's how I remember it at the moment ^^;

Personally, I'm rooting for Honya to be the one Negi 'loves' because she was the first one to confess to Negi, and her growth in both character and love for Negi throughout the series was exponentially bigger than most of the other cast that I became quite attached to her. Yue would be my second choice, and maybe Chisame third for the lulz.

I would be kinda disappointed if Asuna is the one Negi is thinking about, because we already had something like that with Keitaru and Naru, where the obvious two became the couple.
Old 2011-12-16, 13:40   Link #7710
Motor Bug2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post

Anyhow, for Asuna, isn't she Negi's biological aunt (Negi's mother's younger sister)? At least, that's how I remember it at the moment ^^;

Personally, I'm rooting for Honya to be the one Negi 'loves' because she was the first one to confess to Negi, and her growth in both character and love for Negi throughout the series was exponentially bigger than most of the other cast that I became quite attached to her. Yue would be my second choice, and maybe Chisame third for the lulz.

I would be kinda disappointed if Asuna is the one Negi is thinking about, because we already had something like that with Keitaru and Naru, where the obvious two became the couple.
Asuna can't be Negi's aunt as according to chapter 284 she is over 100 years old although I think it's safe to say that they both share the same ancestor (the Lifemaker).

As for your second point, I'm rooting for Nodoka just as much as you are but to me it looks like the NegixAsuna pairing is the most likely to happen for the simple reason that they're both the lead characters in the series.

Last edited by Motor Bug2005; 2011-12-16 at 14:10.
Motor Bug2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 13:42   Link #7711
Krono

Quote:
Her relation to Negi is unknown, other than them both being descended from Ostia royal line. She is not to the best of our knowledge Negi's aunt, the only reason people think that is that Rakan asked if that was the case, Nagi gave a non-committal answer, and people took Nagi's answer as a yes, despite various evidence of her already being more than a century old.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 14:41   Link #7712
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
Well, we can't prove either as we probably lack one fundamental piece of evidence and I might be stretching this one a bit: Queen Arika's own age. After all, who's to say that mages live normal lifespans and if they do, who's to say that the house of Enteofushia lived normal lifespans themselves?

Various evidence does say that Asuna might be over a hundred but we aren't told if she actually lived those years in either a form of stasis or normally. A hundred years as a child could put a bummer on anybody's way of thinking, though.

IF she was in stasis, that's it and Arika and Asuna were never siblings at all, though they would be related.

IF she lived those normally, chances are fairly good.

And we have NO evidence of either case.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Kurush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 17:02   Link #7713
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:

Of course, it's possible that if Negi is thinking about Asuna, it's because he's more concerned about her being sealed away for 100 years (with said thought being mistaken for "Negi loves Asuna" by the rest of the students).

Even if that's the case, it's still dumb to drag this type of storyline out to an arc, given how the last two times we had cases of mistaken love (Negi asking Ku Fei to train him, Negi asking Asuna to join him in his trip to the Magic World) only lasted a chapter at most.

Finally, in terms of actual pairings, while I can see Asuna as Negi's partner in magic, I also would rather see Nodoka as Negi's partner in love, as they are so cute together (not to mention the fact that a Negi/Asuna romantic ending would be boring).

Last edited by TnAdct1; 2011-12-16 at 17:19.
Old 2011-12-16, 17:31   Link #7714
Pong

Quote:
Of course, it's possible that if Negi is thinking about Asuna, it's because he's more concerned about her being sealed away for 100 years (with said thought being mistaken for "Negi loves Asuna" by the rest of the students).

Even if that's the case, it's still dumb to drag this type of storyline out to an arc, given how the last two times we had cases of mistaken love (Negi asking Ku Fei to train him, Negi asking Asuna to join him in his trip to the Magic World) only lasted a chapter at most.
To be fair, now the situation is much more serious than those time, so that'a may be why it takes longer to resolve.

Quote:
Finally, in terms of actual pairings, while I can see Asuna as Negi's partner in magic, I also would rather see Nodoka as Negi's partner in love, as they are so cute together (not to mention the fact that a Negi/Asuna romantic ending would be boring).

Asuna will definietly become Negi's pernament partner, I think that much really isn't up to disscuion.

I honestly have feeling that Nodoka chances are slim. She basically shoot herself in the foot by conffesing so early. If Negi choose her it would come off really undramatic. Not to mention that since the conffesion there wasn't really all that much development between them. Sure they went on a date once but they don't seem to be much closer now than they were say before School Festival arc.
Old 2011-12-16, 18:33   Link #7715
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pong View Post
I honestly have feeling that Nodoka chances are slim. She basically shoot herself in the foot by conffesing so early. If Negi choose her it would come off really undramatic. Not to mention that since the conffesion there wasn't really all that much development between them. Sure they went on a date once but they don't seem to be much closer now than they were say before School Festival arc.
(sigh)

There's so things that I have to say in response to it:

First, Nodoka pretty much confessed her love to Negi a second time during the Mahora Festival, and it's obvious that this confession is on Negi's mind, as I'll get to during my third counterpoint.

Second, there's two main reasons why you haven't seen any development:

1. Nodoka is not the only girl here, as there's other girls in Negima that are interested in Negi, with most of them nowhere as close to where Nodoka is in terms of her connection with Negi (which could also explain why we haven't seen her in the Sports Festival event yet).

2. Negi doesn't have to give her response to Nodoka's second love confession until graduation. Thus, there's plenty of time for this to develop.

Finally, just because we haven't seen any "development" in the Negi/Nodoka pairing doesn't mean there's hints about it. The following is some examples from the post-Tournament portion of the Mahora Festival arc to the end of the Magic World arc:
Spoiler:

Need I say anymore?

Last edited by TnAdct1; 2011-12-17 at 11:22.
Old 2011-12-16, 18:41   Link #7716
ellifeedn
Thinker

In the end, a lot of girls will become dissapointed as Negi won't be the one for them. Can we agree on that?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 19:39   Link #7717
GreatTeacherKen

Spoiler for ch 347:
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 02:31   Link #7718
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
Quote:
Spoiler:

Need I say anymore?
No, but you need be corrected, I'm afraid.

Spoiler:

Though the way I see this, it's mostly the two of them having a looping Rescue Romance with the two saving one another.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Kurush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 20:49   Link #7719
Shadow5YA

Much better translation by RHS. It looks like they're just confirming what Negi told the cheerleaders that he does have a favorite.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 12:42   Link #7720
Giriath

The thing that irks me the most in these recent chapters is how everyone-including Negi himself-behaves as if Yuna's bullets made him temporarily revert to "human". It would be nonsensical if his newly acquired immortality, physical strength and regenerative abilities were so fickle. It could indeed be argued that even if Magia Erebia is an innate part of his body now, like the ability to channel and manipulate Ki or other magical energies, the bullets' sealing effect would make him unable to do so.

However, that should not alter the permanent alterations it has already done to his body.
Giriath is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy