AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-11-14, 23:45   Link #1481
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
There seems to be a lot of people who think a Kirino ending is possible, and well I can see where they are coming from, I don't think the author is willing to go there. Well I am sure that he will mend their relationship and confront the feelings that Kirino has, I don't see it going any further then that. Honestly, I was thinking it could go either way, but what made me think it won't happen in the novels actually has nothing to do with the novels, but the games, the second one's Kirino route to be precise.

Spoiler for game stuff:

Also I noticed I am quite late on this train, I really shouldn't have left these forums for like 3 months
I figure at this point everyone is clinging desperately to their theories and we'll just have to see what devious twisting the author pulls on everyone
Old 2012-11-15, 02:56   Link #1482
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
There seems to be a lot of people who think a Kirino ending is possible, and well I can see where they are coming from, I don't think the author is willing to go there. Well I am sure that he will mend their relationship and confront the feelings that Kirino has, I don't see it going any further then that.
I think it's just a matter of what you define as a "Kirino ending". We're in the middle of a three volume arc that revolves around Kirino, so whatever the ending is, she'll be at the center of it somehow. The novels have to cover the romantic feelings both Kirino and Kyousuke have for each other, but how it chooses to resolve this and end the story is a different question. That is even assuming the novels will end with a clear unambiguous ending, which isn't something we can take for granted either.

Personally, I do think a "form" of a Kirino ending is among the possibilities, but I have a hard time imagining the novels taking too serious a turn in the last volume.

(I'm also still of half a mind that the author is going to go with some sort of gimmick, like having multiple "canon endings" in multiple different media (or as additional novels), or some odd thing. We'll see what happens...)
Old 2012-11-15, 09:00   Link #1483
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think it's just a matter of what you define as a "Kirino ending". We're in the middle of a three volume arc that revolves around Kirino, so whatever the ending is, she'll be at the center of it somehow. The novels have to cover the romantic feelings both Kirino and Kyousuke have for each other, but how it chooses to resolve this and end the story is a different question. That is even assuming the novels will end with a clear unambiguous ending, which isn't something we can take for granted either.

Personally, I do think a "form" of a Kirino ending is among the possibilities, but I have a hard time imagining the novels taking too serious a turn in the last volume.

(I'm also still of half a mind that the author is going to go with some sort of gimmick, like having multiple "canon endings" in multiple different media (or as additional novels), or some odd thing. We'll see what happens...)
Sorry, when I say Kirino end I mean a true romantic ending, not the loving sibling ending that is most likely going to occur. She is one of the main characters so it makes sense everything will revolve around her in the end. Well I am sure Kirino has romantic feelings for Kyousuke, I am still not convinced he sees her in that way. Thats true, it is suppose to be a RomCom so if it didn't have a clear end I wouldn't be shocked, but I would actually be disappointed because it feels like the author is setting himself up for one.

As I said, I think they will finally patch their relationship and be really ... REALLY close siblings, but that is it. As you said, I don't expect a series that has always been pretty light hearted to take a serious dramatic turn.

Hmmm, I wouldn't mind that at all, he has set himself up for multiple possible endings so if he wants to fiddle around and do multiple different endings that is fine by me
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 10:39   Link #1484
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Sorry, when I say Kirino end I mean a true romantic ending, not the loving sibling ending that is most likely going to occur. [...] Well I am sure Kirino has romantic feelings for Kyousuke, I am still not convinced he sees her in that way.
We've discussed this before in this thread, but I'm quite sure we've gone long past that point in the novels by now. If they try to turn around now and act like Kyousuke hasn't been "seeing her that way", I'd count that as a retcon. Of course, what they decide to do about that is a different question, and just because you have romantic feelings for someone doesn't mean you'll choose them as a partner.
Old 2012-12-02, 23:58   Link #1485
Yye1
Wide Right

when will vol 12 be released?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 21:47   Link #1486
hypermuse

Haven't really heard of any news about it yet, but I don't think it'll be here for at least another 2-3 months, judging by previous release dates

Also not quite sure if the 2nd season will affect the release date in any way

http://oreimotranslations.weebly.com
hypermuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 21:43   Link #1487
leorodri100

soo is volume 12 coming in december 12?
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 22:20   Link #1488
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leorodri100 View Post
soo is volume 12 coming in december 12?
No, the last volume has not yet been solicited. I am wondering if they will hold it back for a while to not give away the ending of the anime too early (presuming the anime will follow the novels, which granted is not by any means a sure thing).
Old 2012-12-10, 19:11   Link #1489
Maugomale

I've always wondered if Ran, the girl who visits Kirino along with Ayase and Kanako in the manga, is present in the novels or if she's just a manga-exclusive character. Anybody got any info on that?
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 20:50   Link #1490
hypermuse

I've never read about a character like that in the light novels, so I would assume she's manga-exclusive.

http://oreimotranslations.weebly.com
hypermuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 23:53   Link #1491
leorodri100

true, i have no real expectations for the season 2...ah...i've waited so much for it but it turns out to be a original project T-T
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 14:49   Link #1492
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leorodri100 View Post
true, i have no real expectations for the season 2...ah...i've waited so much for it but it turns out to be a original project T-T
Hmm? I don't think there has been any comment suggesting that it'd be an "original project" (meaning that it wouldn't follow the novels?), has there?
Old 2012-12-11, 17:34   Link #1493
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Hmm? I don't think there has been any comment suggesting that it'd be an "original project" (meaning that it wouldn't follow the novels?), has there?
Right after I read his comment I went on a search for any such announcement for like a hour and was unable to find anything about it.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 18:00   Link #1494
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

And this is why unsubstantiated assertions should be beaten with a wet trout. It wastes everyone's time.
Old 2013-01-08, 12:59   Link #1495
VVolf
夜空派

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugomale View Post
I've always wondered if Ran, the girl who visits Kirino along with Ayase and Kanako in the manga, is present in the novels or if she's just a manga-exclusive character. Anybody got any info on that?
I'm guessing it's one of Kirino's classmate who visited the Kousaka household from the anime's episode 4 (there were three of Kirino's friends present, IIRC. Ayase, Kanako, and her)? The manga just gave her a name, that's all.

"Then, I'll treat you as more important than a hundred people. Even if there were a hundred...no, a million or a trillion people, even if it means standing against the entire world, I'll still be your friend no matter what." Taka (Kodaka) to Sora (Yozora), "Past", vol 1.
VVolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 06:21   Link #1496
hans_87

hey guys I know that somebody asked about that 3 posts before , but it s february now , so did you hear something when vol will be published ? i guessed it will be in april, when rhe anime will be but i didnt hear anything abut it. So what do you think about it? maybe june ? i sincerly hope it will be soon.
hans_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 06:23   Link #1497
Sumeragi
Banned

We will know when they announce it. Be patient.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 23:17   Link #1498
finalfury
Incognito

Patience is a virtue, expect some information late February/early march my guess.
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 23:21   Link #1499
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
Patience is a virtue, expect some information late February/early march my guess.
The list of Dengeki Bunko titles for April did not have OreImo anywhere on it.

You'll have to wait till March to find out if it's in the May titles.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 03:52   Link #1500
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I'm not really expecting the novel to release until late-May/June at the earliest, because I assume they're holding it back to coincide somewhat-closely with the end of the anime. Of course we don't know for sure that this second anime season will be 1-cour, but I think it's pretty probable.

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings